Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God (28165 Views)

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
From a philosophical standpoint, the existence of a supernatural being is completely logical and possible. However, no religion on earth has been able to adequately describe the qualities of such a being without contradicting itself. My opinion.

5 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Freiburger(m): 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

[size=14pt]No . One atheist owns numerous accounts to give a semblance of a growing community . One person can use numerous accounts and he likes his own posts with those accounts . Its the subterfuge employed to deceive people into thinking they are many . There are not up to 100 atheists in the whole of Nairaland . grin grin
[/size]
They are so few
Please can you give us at least one prove to support this garbage you just posted?
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
realmindz:
for those hating my comments, well I expected u to be emotional about ur jewish ancestors and gods...

But let's do this once and solve this confusions for life..

you guys sud create a thread and tell us

1.how different races came from Noah or Adam and eve.

2. How come the world cultures and ancient civilisations had no trace to Noah and a world apocalypse that wiped out all of humanity....

By so doing u would convince a whole lot of people that the jewish mythology is the true answer to our origin and ancestry.
I don't believe in that Jewish mythology. It might have meant a different thing to the people who wrote it, probably as a metaphor or something, but to apply logical reasoning, it doesn't make any sense.
However I think the main point of this thread is about the existence of God. I'm agnostic, but an agnostic theist at that, it seems more rational, I was particularly impressed with the op's reference to the Law of Biogenesis.
Science has found the earliest man ever to have originated from Africa. Some humans migrated, and bred with Neanderthals . . . its that race that led to the Caucasians. Features like thin lips, etc developed during the ice age because it was their way of evolving for protection from cold. Its really interesting if you do more research on it.

2 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
shuggah:

in all this I am glad that there are still ardent children of God who no advances of the devil can confuse,, they don't believe in God but they fear the devil, may God's mercy never be too much to carry us along Amen
by d way lemme ask dem atheist,, why don't u guys ever try means to reposition or move atheism forward other than attacking Christians??, if Christianity was fake, why haven't greater atheist and those who have enlightened themselves in order to dispute God, why haven't they been able to bring up facts that God doesn't exist instead of arguments?? why do atheists always attack Christians and not Muslims or Buddhist?? bullies in a secondary school always attack the bright students and not dullards.. so atheists well done
Some atheists are just atheists out of a mere emotional decision. To state that you are a gnostic atheist is foolish, because there are no hard facts against the existence of God.
However, what I've witnessed on nairaland is mostly people seeking to question the logic of your religion to no valid, completely logical response.
Buddhism is not focused on the existence of God. Its more about finding inner peace and doing good. Buddha himself was a theist, by philosophical reasoning, but his teachings were non theistic. He left India after he realised that all the gods they worshipped couldn't end the suffering of just one man.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by adoyi8: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:
Before I found God, I was irreligious.
were your parents Christians, Muslims or traditionalists
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by josephni12: 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
why so much argument whether there is God or not. if u believe there is no God, what if at last there is God then you are lost. why can't science explain the miracle or juju phenomenon. if juju exit then God exits. QED

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by shuggah(m): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Some atheists are just atheists out of a mere emotional decision. To state that you are a gnostic atheist is foolish, because there are no hard facts against the existence of God.
However, what I've witnessed on nairaland is mostly people seeking to question the logic of your religion to no valid, completely logical response.
Buddhism is not focused on the existence of God. Its more about finding inner peace and doing good. Buddha himself was a theist, by philosophical reasoning, but his teachings were non theistic. He left India after he realised that all the gods they worshipped couldn't end the suffering of just one man.

so what's ur main point
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by DonId(m): 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bro, you made my Sunday with this wonderful piece. God bless you richly. There is no better way to articulate on this God/Jesus subject than you have done. Let every atheist read and may God's light shine on their hearts!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by DedeNkem: 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
[size=13pt]5 Reasons I Don’t Believe In God Or Religion[/size]

1. It stacks the odds against you.

Here’s how a religious institution works: It tells us we are sick and then tells us that it - and only it - has the medicine. Religion imbues its followers with a belief that they are unworthy, fractured, and fundamentally sinful and only by devoting their time, energy, and resources to the Church can a follower be absolved of these intrinsic deficiencies. This concept of Original Sin is the perfect way to ensure all believers spend their whole lives feeling guilty and in the thrall of the Church. I find this abhorrent. I refuse to believe we are born with an inherent flaw. I refuse to believe lovely, chubby, innocent babies are born sinful or tarnished by some fictional act of transgression.

Why would God instill these desires in us if he wanted us to constantly suppress them? Why are self-denial, piety, and asceticism good traits? Why not remove these desires altogether? Why these constant impossible tests? Why keep us in such a state of guilt and conflict?

2. God seems a little unstable.

This brings us to my next point. Even if God does exist (I firmly believe he doesn’t), I would still choose to deny him because of his general volatility and nastiness. God’s actions seem incredibly unjust, capricious, and monstrous. Why does God give children cancer? Why does God make these atrocious choices? Why impregnate underage virgins? Why order people to kill their beloved sons? Why drown the whole world as a punishment for vices that he himself created? If he exists, why has God set up humankind for repeated failure from the very beginning?

In addition to revealing the Church’s inherent misogyny, the story of Eve’s transgression and the origin of Original Sin reveals a meaner side to God. As an omniscient being, God knew Eve was going to eat the fruit all along, which begs the question: Why put the forbidden fruit there in the first place? Why intentionally trick your beloved children and then eternally condemn them? The Church’s juxtaposition of free will and God’s omniscience is not only a fabulous lesson in double-think but also conveniently explains any tricky questions that may arise when people question why anyone acts against God’s orders: “Oh, free will obviously.” But do we have a choice to have free will? Can we not beseech God to remove our free will so that we may act entirely under his guidance? The answer is no, therefore undermining the entire concept of free will in the first place.

The other explanation that religious people offer is that we cannot question or understand God’s workings. That he makes these choices because of some reason we don’t have the capacity to understand. I say nonsense. This is simply another way of demanding unquestioning conformity and stifling logical questions. There simply cannot be any justification, divine or otherwise, that explains cancer in children or the existence of that loathsome insect that thrives on eating children’s eyeballs.

3. It’s judgmental, oppressive, and dangerous.

The restrictive and divisive laws to which religious practitioners must adhere are at best foolish and at worst dangerous. The moronic parents of terminally ill children who choose prayer over modern medicine, the thugs who attack gay men and women are all following an archaic, inflexible, and highly contradictory doctrine that has absolutely no place in contemporary society. Any institution that teaches blind acceptance and encourages its followers not to question or demand substantiated evidence stunts capacity for reasonable inquiry and oppresses the natural human instinct to understand and learn. Confused teenagers being taught masturbation is wrong, parents of babies who died fearing their child will suffer in limbo, or people stifling their sexuality are just examples of people for whom the Church offers not guidance but judgement, fear, and oppression.

Religious obsession with controlling the woman’s body is a crucial instrument of oppression and serves to perpetuate the Church’s patriarchal and misogynist ideologies. Religion restricts women’s rights so vehemently because an educated, enlightened woman is less likely to conform than a woman preoccupied with her many children and is dependent on her husband. Sanctions on premarital sex, birth control, and abortion are all ways to reinforce the belief that a woman may not own or control her own body, that she is in some way subordinate to her father, husband, and religion.

4. It’s hypocritical.

Shouldn’t loving Christians be accepting of all creeds, races, genders, and families? And why does the Pope live in a gilded palace? I’ve been to the Vatican and it is decadent. Shouldn’t the Church sell or melt the solid gold effigies and donate it to the poor?

That only scrapes the surface of Church hypocrisy. There has been so much written on rampant pedophilia and abuse within the Church that I feel it sufficient to ask why God allows children to be raped and abused by the people supposedly closest to him. For me, that question is all I need to deny any existence of God.

5. I don’t need to and I don’t want to.

A lot of people find comfort in their religion, and I understand that a great deal of reassurance can be found in believing that an all-knowing authority has preordained the course of your life. Accepting that your hardships are the result of a higher power’s plan may mean that painful situations become more bearable, but I have always found this unsatisfactory.

For me it is enough to say that all the pain, anger, and sorrow in my life are accompaniments to the joy, love, and laughter and as part of the human condition should be experienced fully and not passed off as the machinations of a divine entity. I find it disappointing when someone perseveres through hardship and then attributes their strength to God instead of crediting themselves for their effort. I find comfort in knowing that I have a choice in how I react. I also find comfort in knowing I will have to take responsibility for those choices.

I cannot, no matter how much I try to suspend my intellect and cynicism, believe that there is a cognizant entity existing on a transcendental plane overseeing my every movement on this earth. More importantly, I don’t want to. I don’t want to spend my fleeting life preparing for what may come when I die. I want to take ownership of my actions and spend my life free of restrictions and judgment. Despite the wars, diseases, natural disasters, and countless tragedies that befall the world I remain, without any semblance of faith or religious belief, convinced that it is a good and beautiful place and I am grateful that I am alive in it. Living without arbitrary restrictions, without guilt, self-abasement or believing that another life awaits is liberating for me. It reminds me to take time to find wonder in and appreciate it as much as I can.

5 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by obinoral1179(m): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
realmindz:

I insist, a true God will not do that great amount of evil to kill Egyptian toddlers...

A man was walking down d road, then children laughed and mocked him, then the man commanded wild animals to maul the kids...

think of it pls...that is pure evil!!!! call a spade a spade...no love, no mercy...eat up children like chicken...
you said God is evil and wicked, what about the good things that was done by him. you said he killed young toddler, did you ask why pharoh decide to end every male child that was born to the hebrew women.

They are some question we cannot ask God until, we get to heaven.

Or you are asking why esther was favour and queen vashti was dethrone?

But no this God will not do a thing without a reason.

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by aleem50(m): 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
OP don't mind those fools that believes that God does not exist. Science that made them believe that there is no God should be able to tell them how there are different languages on planet earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by realmindz: 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
obinoral1179:
you said God is evil and wicked, what about the good things that was done by him. you said he killed young toddler, did you ask why pharoh decide to end every male child that was born to the hebrew women.

They are some question we cannot ask God until, we get to heaven.

Or you are asking why esther was favour and queen vashti was dethrone?

But no this God will not do a thing without a reason.
God loves u so much, he gave u his only begotten son so if u believe in him u shall not perish...

but If u don't believe in him, no matter how good u are, he shall set u on fire till eternity...

so much love

you brainwashed religious folks sud not get it twisted. If truly there is a God, he can not be the one of religion neither can he fit into the tales of the bible and Koran.

Tales of adam and eve populating the whole earth, to Noah, tower of babel and other beautiful nonsensical myths...

The "Love me/ believe me or perish in hell" concept etc

The God u guys preach is jst based on individual understanding and indoctrination. .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by KingEbukaNaija: 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
DedeNkem:
[size=13pt]5 Reasons I Don’t Believe In God Or Religion[/size]

1. It stacks the odds against you.

Here’s how a religious institution works: It tells us we are sick and then tells us that it - and only it - has the medicine. Religion imbues its followers with a belief that they are unworthy, fractured, and fundamentally sinful and only by devoting their time, energy, and resources to the Church can a follower be absolved of these intrinsic deficiencies. This concept of Original Sin is the perfect way to ensure all believers spend their whole lives feeling guilty and in the thrall of the Church. I find this abhorrent. I refuse to believe we are born with an inherent flaw. I refuse to believe lovely, chubby, innocent babies are born sinful or tarnished by some fictional act of transgression.

Why would God instill these desires in us if he wanted us to constantly suppress them? Why are self-denial, piety, and asceticism good traits? Why not remove these desires altogether? Why these constant impossible tests? Why keep us in such a state of guilt and conflict?

2. God seems a little unstable.

This brings us to my next point. Even if God does exist (I firmly believe he doesn’t), I would still choose to deny him because of his general volatility and nastiness. God’s actions seem incredibly unjust, capricious, and monstrous. Why does God give children cancer? Why does God make these atrocious choices? Why impregnate underage virgins? Why order people to kill their beloved sons? Why drown the whole world as a punishment for vices that he himself created? If he exists, why has God set up humankind for repeated failure from the very beginning?

In addition to revealing the Church’s inherent misogyny, the story of Eve’s transgression and the origin of Original Sin reveals a meaner side to God. As an omniscient being, God knew Eve was going to eat the fruit all along, which begs the question: Why put the forbidden fruit there in the first place? Why intentionally trick your beloved children and then eternally condemn them? The Church’s juxtaposition of free will and God’s omniscience is not only a fabulous lesson in double-think but also conveniently explains any tricky questions that may arise when people question why anyone acts against God’s orders: “Oh, free will obviously.” But do we have a choice to have free will? Can we not beseech God to remove our free will so that we may act entirely under his guidance? The answer is no, therefore undermining the entire concept of free will in the first place.

The other explanation that religious people offer is that we cannot question or understand God’s workings. That he makes these choices because of some reason we don’t have the capacity to understand. I say nonsense. This is simply another way of demanding unquestioning conformity and stifling logical questions. There simply cannot be any justification, divine or otherwise, that explains cancer in children or the existence of that loathsome insect that thrives on eating children’s eyeballs.

3. It’s judgmental, oppressive, and dangerous.

The restrictive and divisive laws to which religious practitioners must adhere are at best foolish and at worst dangerous. The moronic parents of terminally ill children who choose prayer over modern medicine, the thugs who attack gay men and women are all following an archaic, inflexible, and highly contradictory doctrine that has absolutely no place in contemporary society. Any institution that teaches blind acceptance and encourages its followers not to question or demand substantiated evidence stunts capacity for reasonable inquiry and oppresses the natural human instinct to understand and learn. Confused teenagers being taught masturbation is wrong, parents of babies who died fearing their child will suffer in limbo, or people stifling their sexuality are just examples of people for whom the Church offers not guidance but judgement, fear, and oppression.

Religious obsession with controlling the woman’s body is a crucial instrument of oppression and serves to perpetuate the Church’s patriarchal and misogynist ideologies. Religion restricts women’s rights so vehemently because an educated, enlightened woman is less likely to conform than a woman preoccupied with her many children and is dependent on her husband. Sanctions on premarital sex, birth control, and abortion are all ways to reinforce the belief that a woman may not own or control her own body, that she is in some way subordinate to her father, husband, and religion.

4. It’s hypocritical.

Shouldn’t loving Christians be accepting of all creeds, races, genders, and families? And why does the Pope live in a gilded palace? I’ve been to the Vatican and it is decadent. Shouldn’t the Church sell or melt the solid gold effigies and donate it to the poor?

That only scrapes the surface of Church hypocrisy. There has been so much written on rampant pedophilia and abuse within the Church that I feel it sufficient to ask why God allows children to be raped and abused by the people supposedly closest to him. For me, that question is all I need to deny any existence of God.

5. I don’t need to and I don’t want to.

A lot of people find comfort in their religion, and I understand that a great deal of reassurance can be found in believing that an all-knowing authority has preordained the course of your life. Accepting that your hardships are the result of a higher power’s plan may mean that painful situations become more bearable, but I have always found this unsatisfactory.

For me it is enough to say that all the pain, anger, and sorrow in my life are accompaniments to the joy, love, and laughter and as part of the human condition should be experienced fully and not passed off as the machinations of a divine entity. I find it disappointing when someone perseveres through hardship and then attributes their strength to God instead of crediting themselves for their effort. I find comfort in knowing that I have a choice in how I react. I also find comfort in knowing I will have to take responsibility for those choices.

I cannot, no matter how much I try to suspend my intellect and cynicism, believe that there is a cognizant entity existing on a transcendental plane overseeing my every movement on this earth. More importantly, I don’t want to. I don’t want to spend my fleeting life preparing for what may come when I die. I want to take ownership of my actions and spend my life free of restrictions and judgment. Despite the wars, diseases, natural disasters, and countless tragedies that befall the world I remain, without any semblance of faith or religious belief, convinced that it is a good and beautiful place and I am grateful that I am alive in it. Living without arbitrary restrictions, without guilt, self-abasement or believing that another life awaits is liberating for me. It reminds me to take time to find wonder in and appreciate it as much as I can.

These are 5 reasons why Gemma Kiernan- the author of this article - does not believe in God or religion . You atheists can't think for yourselves . Winner01 poured out his heart and gave excellently written cogent reasons to believe in God while you rushed to the internet to get why someone else does not believe in God .

State your source next time : http://thoughtcatalog.com/gemma-kiernan/2015/02/5-reasons-i-dont-believe-in-god-or-religion/

You need just a modicum of common sense

Oya receive it ! Receive common sense ! Receive it !!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by TheAlchemist: 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
adoyi8:

The question is if you were God, will you create the world as it is now?

God created a world were all his creations that can reason were given FREE WILL!
God could have created a world without FREE WILL, would you have loved such a world?
The most important thing people are missing is that no matter what we do good or bad with the free will given.. GOD ALMIGHTY GLORY CAN NEVER BE DIMINISHED!
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by DedeNkem: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
aleem50:
OP don't mind those fools that believes that God does not exist. Science that made them believe that there is no God should be able to tell them how there are different languages on planet earth.

But you're a fool for believing in an invincible God in the sky you can't prove exists!
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by KingEbukaNaija: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
DedeNkem:

But you're a fool for believing in an invincible God in the sky you can't prove exists!

Please which part of the sky does God live And where is written in the bible

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
realmindz:
Jesus came to die for humanity for the sins inherited through adam and eve.

All races did not come from adam and eve#Fact
Christianity was made up to play spiritual politics #Fact

if my black forefathers did not come from Adam and Eve then Jesus did not die for any black race...

So I don't accept the jewish mythology of religion...

#Still searching for the true God

I believe my short post has made more sense by 10 times 10 than ur long unreadable epistle and lamentations above.

May the peace of the universe be wit u...
Guy,u get sense jare...

4 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
All this long arguments about God makes me sick. God doesn't need you defending him.

Someone said God knows everything in the world and then why doesn't he stop it. Let me ask you.. Was there never a time you wanted to go somewhere and then something happened.. Maybe you got distracted and later you heard something happened at the place you wanted to go.. What do you think happened? Or maybe you wanted to say something but you didn't and you realized that if you had said it.. Something Negative would have happened. Well I Have experienced it.. God is in our day to day lives we just sometimes fail to recognize him. Trust me there is a God. Even if there isn't don't you think that there's some form of spirituality? With all these things happening in the world.. Do you think it's ordinary? At least Live your life like there is a God and find out there is none and be relaxed than otherwise. God knows most of us will end up in hell that's why he sends people to go preach the gospel.. But if you don't accept him.. There's nothing he can do. Shebi you see people with bushy hair on the streets. Does it mean that there are no barbers in the world? It's just that some people haven't taken the time to go to a barbers shop and sit and agree to get a haircut. Since I became a Christian and I understood God's.... Ways.. I never turned back and I never will. You can be a Christian and not understand God.. So please try and understand him, don't be quick to judge God.. He is the one to judge you.

No amount of historical facts or whatever you bring that will make me stop serving him. Because I know what I have gained and I have lost serving God. You should try it too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Annie2059: 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
Wonderful...... Indeed God exist, believe it or not and i mean the one true God who sent His only begotten son, Jesus Christ to pay the debts of our sins

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2016
Blossom023:
All this long arguments about God makes me sick. God doesn't need you defending him.

Someone said God knows everything in the world and then why doesn't he stop it. Let me ask you.. Was there never a time you wanted to go somewhere and then something happened.. Maybe you got distracted and later you heard something happened at the place you wanted to go.. What do you think happened? Or maybe you wanted to say something but you didn't and you realized that if you had said it.. Something Negative would have happened. Well I Have experienced it.. God is in our day to day lives we just sometimes fail to recognize him. Trust me there is a God. Even if there isn't don't you think that there's some form of spirituality? With all these things happening in the world.. Do you think it's ordinary? At least Live your life like there is a God and find out there is none and be relaxed than otherwise. God knows most of us will end up in hell that's why he sends people to go preach the gospel.. But if you don't accept him.. There's nothing he can do. Shebi you see people with bushy hair on the streets. Does it mean that there are no barbers in the world? It's just that some people haven't taken the time to go to a barbers shop and sit and agree to get a haircut. Since I became a Christian and I understood God's.... Ways.. I never turned back and I never will. You can be a Christian and not understand God.. So please try and understand him, don't be quick to judge God.. He is the one to judge you.

No amount of historical facts or whatever you bring that will make me stop serving him. Because I know what I have gained and I have lost serving God. You should try it too.

In case there is an Atheist who says what you wrote is too long so will not bother reading it permit me to help summarize.

GOD IS AN EXPERIENCE AND NOT A THEORY! THE LIFE OF CHRIST IS NOT A RELIGION ITS A LIFE FILLED WITH REVELATIONS AND GREAT EXPERIENCES. IF YOU DO NOT EXPERIENCE THAT LIFE YOU CANNOT MOVE FROM THEORY TO PRACTICAL.

I hope I helped you Atheists out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by fabre4: 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:
31. The honesty of some evolutionists

In biology, one of the most widely recognized laws of science is the Law of Biogenesis. “Biogenesis” is composed of two words “bio,” which means life, and “genesis,” which means beginning. Thus, this law deals with the beginning of life, and it simply says that in nature life comes only from previous life of its own kind. Over the years, the truthfulness of this law has been documented by thousands of scientists, most notably Louis Pasteur. His work dealt a crushing blow to the notion of spontaneous generation.

In 1933, evolutionist John Sullivan admitted that “it became an accepted doctrine that life never arises except from life. So far as the actual evidence goes, this is still the only possible conclusion”. Okay, but that was 1933. As we move further into the 20th century the obvious question was “Is it still the only possible conclusion?” What have we learned since the days of Louis Pasteur in the 19th century and John Sullivan in the first half of the 20th century? Observational science has reached the same conclusion experiment after experiment, year after year.

The eminent evolutionist George Gaylord Simpson and his colleagues observed that “there is no serious doubt that biogenesis is the rule, that life comes only from other life, that a cell, the unit of life, is always and exclusively the product or offspring of another cell”.

Evolutionist Martin Moe noted that “a century of sensational discoveries in the biological sciences has taught us that life arises only from life”.

More recently, staunch evolutionist Neil Shubin conceded the following in his book titled Your Inner Fish:
“I can share with you one true law that all of us can agree upon. This law is so profound that most of us take it completely for granted. Yet it is the starting point for almost everything we do in paleontology, developmental biology, and genetics. This biological “law of everything” is that every living thing on the planet had parents. Every person you’ve ever known has biological parents, as does every bird, salamander, or shark you have ever seen.... To put it in a more precise form: every living thing sprang from some parental genetic information”.

The importance of Shubin’s concession must not be missed. He recognizes that the actual scientific information verifies that life in the natural world must come from previously existing life. Yet he refuses to carry that fact to its proper conclusion: that life could not have sprung from non-living chemicals. Materialistic evolution cannot adequately account for or explain the most basic laws of science, not the least of which is the Law of Biogenesis.

If it is the case that the “only possible conclusion” which scientific evidence demands is that in nature “life never arises except from life,” then, pray tell, how did the first life come into being? Did it somehow break the most fundamental natural law of biology and arise “naturally” from non-life? Or is there another possibility? The truth is, there is another possibility (which science has not disproved), but it is one that evolutionists such as John Sullivan admitted that “scientific men find very difficult of acceptance”. According to Sullivan, “So far as the actual evidence goes,” biogenesis “is still the only possible conclusion. But he admits that it is a conclusion that seems to lead back to some supernatural creative act”. Do not miss the point: real, true, operational science indirectly supports a “supernatural creative act,” which implies a supernatural Creator.

Evolutionist and Harvard University Professor George Wald similarly admitted in an article he wrote titled “The Origin of Life” that there ultimately are two options for life’s origin:
(1) spontaneous generation and
(2) “the only alternative, to believe in a single, primary act of supernatural creation.

There is no third position”. Sadly, though “[m]ost modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis,” they are “unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation”. Rather than follow the evidence where it ultimately leads (to a supernatural Creator!), atheists would rather put their confidence in a theory that was disproven long ago.

Antony Flew, who for five decades was the world’s leading atheistic thinker, was forced in the end to conclude: “The only satisfactory explanation for the origin of such ‘end-directed, self-replicating’ life as we see on earth is an infinitely intelligent Mind”.

32. Man’s needs are insatiable

The ex-atheist C. S. Lewis, sums up all i wanna say here: "Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for these desires exists. A baby feels hunger; well, there is such a thing as food. A dolphin wants to swim; well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire; well, there is such a thing as sex. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." (Mere Christianity, Bk. III, chap. 10, "Hope"wink

What exactly do we want?: To be the wealthiest, most handsome, most intelligent, the worlds first citizen, the worlds greatest etc.? The death of Muhammed Ali taught me a serious lesson. Vanity upon Vanity, all is vanity. If nothing in this world can satisfy my desire?. The most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

These are just some of the reasons why I believe in God. Even if nobody in the world believed in God, I will always believe in God.

Some selected references
http://headhearthand.org/blog/2014/10/23/the-most-honest-atheist-in-the-world/
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-absurdity-of-life-without-god
http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.aspx?category=12&article=5045
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2010/02/war_for_islamic_sharia_law.html
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/13/christmas-gift-for-atheists-five-reasons-why-god-exists.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

cc; KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet

Lol thankGod for using you to clear some doubts from our heart

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
naijadeyhia:

In case there is an Atheist who says what you wrote is too long so will not bother reading it permit me to help summarize.

GOD IS AN EXPERIENCE AND NOT A THEORY! THE LIFE OF CHRIST IS NOT A RELIGION ITS A LIFE FILLED WITH REVELATIONS AND GREAT EXPERIENCES. IF YOU DO NOT EXPERIENCE THAT LIFE YOU CANNOT MOVE FROM THEORY TO PRACTICAL.

I hope I helped you Atheists out.

Ah that is it. Experience.. God is an experience. You just made a strong point. Thank you.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Ugoeze2016: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
Jesus the same yesterday, today, and forever. With God nothing I mean absolutely nothing is impossible, only believe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
Blossom023:

Ah that is it. Experience.. God is an experience. You just made a strong point. Thank you.

smiley Gracias...the honour and thanks go to you.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by hopefulLandlord: 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Theists themselves can't even agree on which god is the true god

Each different one calling his god the true god

Most of them were born into a family where they worship their present god and spend their life defending the said god

They defend the god always and tell lies, juxtapose, exaggerate while defending their said god

It also doesn't end there, adherents of certain gods claim anyone who doesn't accept their own god would burn in hell forever but if you do accept him, you'll enjoy forever, carrot and stick

2 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Rexyl(m): 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
Oluwa seun

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by God2man(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
God is God.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Theists themselves can't even agree on which god is the true god

Each different one calling his god the true god

Most of them were born into a family where they worship their present god and spend their life defending the said god

They defend the god always and tell lies, juxtapose, exaggerate while defending their said god

It also doesn't end there, adherents of certain gods claim anyone who doesn't accept their own god would burn in hell forever but if you do accept him, you'll enjoy forever, carrot and stick

I am just sitting here laughing at you. You know why?

You are now an Atheist right? I want to see how many of your kids you can convince to become Atheists.

Funny enough God will still have the last laugh over you because when you die your kids will draw up a poster or a media announcement and it will start by saying something like,

WITH GRATITUDE TO GOD FOR A LIFE WELL SPENT

or

WE GIVE GLORY TO GOD

or

WITH HEAVY HEARTS BUT THANKS TO GOD.....

I want to see you come out of your coffin and rip those posters to shreds or going to slap the announcer.

Perhaps your coffin would even carry the emblem of the cross and I would love to see you try and rip it off. You guys are so funny

Atheists will come and go but the Word of God will still remain. Many atheists have said worse and died and none of what they said could stop the move of God and His gospel instead it waxed stronger....yet they still want to continue in this futile attempt to punch the wind.

ATHEISTS ARE LIKE BOXERS BELIEVING THEY ARE CHAMPIONS BY FIGHTING AGAINST THE WIND! Doctors call that "Delusion".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Rexyl(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
Blossom023:

but it is more than that! Genuine faith must come with real encounter with God.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by ojaydedon(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:
31. The honesty of some evolutionists

In biology, one of the most widely recognized laws of science is the Law of Biogenesis. “Biogenesis” is composed of two words “bio,” which means life, and “genesis,” which means beginning. Thus, this law deals with the beginning of life, and it simply says that in nature life comes only from previous life of its own kind. Over the years, the truthfulness of this law has been documented by thousands of scientists, most notably Louis Pasteur. His work dealt a crushing blow to the notion of spontaneous generation.

In 1933, evolutionist John Sullivan admitted that “it became an accepted doctrine that life never arises except from life. So far as the actual evidence goes, this is still the only possible conclusion”. Okay, but that was 1933. As we move further into the 20th century the obvious question was “Is it still the only possible conclusion?” What have we learned since the days of Louis Pasteur in the 19th century and John Sullivan in the first half of the 20th century? Observational science has reached the same conclusion experiment after experiment, year after year.

The eminent evolutionist George Gaylord Simpson and his colleagues observed that “there is no serious doubt that biogenesis is the rule, that life comes only from other life, that a cell, the unit of life, is always and exclusively the product or offspring of another cell”.

Evolutionist Martin Moe noted that “a century of sensational discoveries in the biological sciences has taught us that life arises only from life”.

More recently, staunch evolutionist Neil Shubin conceded the following in his book titled Your Inner Fish:
“I can share with you one true law that all of us can agree upon. This law is so profound that most of us take it completely for granted. Yet it is the starting point for almost everything we do in paleontology, developmental biology, and genetics. This biological “law of everything” is that every living thing on the planet had parents. Every person you’ve ever known has biological parents, as does every bird, salamander, or shark you have ever seen.... To put it in a more precise form: every living thing sprang from some parental genetic information”.

The importance of Shubin’s concession must not be missed. He recognizes that the actual scientific information verifies that life in the natural world must come from previously existing life. Yet he refuses to carry that fact to its proper conclusion: that life could not have sprung from non-living chemicals. Materialistic evolution cannot adequately account for or explain the most basic laws of science, not the least of which is the Law of Biogenesis.

If it is the case that the “only possible conclusion” which scientific evidence demands is that in nature “life never arises except from life,” then, pray tell, how did the first life come into being? Did it somehow break the most fundamental natural law of biology and arise “naturally” from non-life? Or is there another possibility? The truth is, there is another possibility (which science has not disproved), but it is one that evolutionists such as John Sullivan admitted that “scientific men find very difficult of acceptance”. According to Sullivan, “So far as the actual evidence goes,” biogenesis “is still the only possible conclusion. But he admits that it is a conclusion that seems to lead back to some supernatural creative act”. Do not miss the point: real, true, operational science indirectly supports a “supernatural creative act,” which implies a supernatural Creator.

Evolutionist and Harvard University Professor George Wald similarly admitted in an article he wrote titled “The Origin of Life” that there ultimately are two options for life’s origin:
(1) spontaneous generation and
(2) “the only alternative, to believe in a single, primary act of supernatural creation.

There is no third position”. Sadly, though “[m]ost modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis,” they are “unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation”. Rather than follow the evidence where it ultimately leads (to a supernatural Creator!), atheists would rather put their confidence in a theory that was disproven long ago.

Antony Flew, who for five decades was the world’s leading atheistic thinker, was forced in the end to conclude: “The only satisfactory explanation for the origin of such ‘end-directed, self-replicating’ life as we see on earth is an infinitely intelligent Mind”.

32. Man’s needs are insatiable

The ex-atheist C. S. Lewis, sums up all i wanna say here: "Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for these desires exists. A baby feels hunger; well, there is such a thing as food. A dolphin wants to swim; well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire; well, there is such a thing as sex. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." (Mere Christianity, Bk. III, chap. 10, "Hope"wink

What exactly do we want?: To be the wealthiest, most handsome, most intelligent, the worlds first citizen, the worlds greatest etc.? The death of Muhammed Ali taught me a serious lesson. Vanity upon Vanity, all is vanity. If nothing in this world can satisfy my desire?. The most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

These are just some of the reasons why I believe in God. Even if nobody in the world believed in God, I will always believe in God.

Some selected references
http://headhearthand.org/blog/2014/10/23/the-most-honest-atheist-in-the-world/
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-absurdity-of-life-without-god
http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.aspx?category=12&article=5045
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2010/02/war_for_islamic_sharia_law.html
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/13/christmas-gift-for-atheists-five-reasons-why-god-exists.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

cc; KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet

more grace sir

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakaiye Of Diocese Of Lagos Is Dead (Photos) / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / God Has Given Me Two Years Victory Over Porn And Masturbation Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.