Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days (1291 Views)

Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Twitter Reacts To Melaye's 'invasion' Of Bourdillon Road / Total War As Tinubu Declares An End To Melaye’s Political Journey (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by reachycul(m): 3:35am On Jul 16, 2016
By Josephine Agbonkhese

Women’s rights activist and Founder, Women Advocates Research & Documentation Centre, WARDC, Dr Abiola Akiyode-Afolabi, has condemned Tuesday’s verbal attack on Senator Oluremi Tinubu by Senator Dino Melaye during a closed-door session of the Senate and gave, Melaye a 3-day ultimatum to tender “unreserved apology” to the Senate Committee Chair on Women Affairs. Remi Tinubu and Dino Melaye Failure to do so, she threatened, will lead to what she termed “Occupy National Assembly” by well-meaning Nigerians. According to Akiyode-Afolabi, the attack buttressed the ill attitude to the issue of women’s rights protection and gender equality in Nigeria. “Verbal abuse, assault and battery of women is becoming a pattern in our democratic dispensation and it is a reflection of the numerous abuses that women face on a daily basis in our society. “According to the National Demographic and Health Survey Report 2013, 28 percent of women age 15-49 have experienced physical violence at least once and seven percent have experienced sexual violence in Nigeria. These figures are even not representative of the magnitude of the problem. “Between 2003 till date, notable women lawmakers have experienced physical and verbal abuse from men who are supposed to protect their rights. Senator Iyabo Anisulowo was slapped by another lawmaker at the National Assembly while another female lawmaker from Edo State was battered by an aide to an immigration officer at the Assembly Complex earlier this year. Honourable Funmi Tejuoso was also physically assaulted at the Lagos State House of Assembly sometime ago. Then this gender insecurity against Senator Oluremi Tinubu who is not only representing her constituency in Lagos State but also over half of the Nigerian population; womenfolk,” she said in a statement, yesterday. Akiyode-Afolabi also criticized the red chamber for its inaction over recent attacks on Tinubu, describing the silence as a tacit support on violence against women in the country.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/womens-rights-activist-to-melaye-apologise-to-tinubu-within-3-days-or/

2 Likes

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by Justinakusu(m): 3:49am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by Almajiri1: 4:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Where were they when remi insulted Dino melaye manhood?

In the spirit of equity,there should be a level playing field across board.

Where are the men right activists?no officially recognised body for them?

Remi MUST apologise to dino within the next 24 hours or face the wrath of the gods for rape on traditions,culture and attempting to unbalance the natural order.

4 Likes

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 16, 2016
When jagaban decides it's time to deal with dino, i hope he would have the balls to stand the heat. No sane man would threaten to beat and molest a married woman. It's an indirect insult to her husband. Melaye is finished politically. His ant don carry cube sugar

1 Like

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by kbams241: 4:36am On Jul 16, 2016
OR wat? Una go gang rape am? Mtcheww. Pls go take care of ur husbands at home
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by aressssa: 4:44am On Jul 16, 2016
Almajiri1:

Remi MUST apologise to dino within the next 24 hours or face the wrath of the gods for rape on traditions,culture and attempting to unbalance the natural order.

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by eyeview: 4:46am On Jul 16, 2016
All these 'on-paper' NGOs with no physical office anywhere.
All will be quick to collect some bribe from Tinubu to form woman right activists. Is that Tinubu's best shot?
Meanwhile,while would a woman be the first to label a man 'thug and a dog',but when replied in equal measure,she starts playing 'female victim'.
I think Mrs Tinubu should be made to apologise to Melaye first withing the next 48hours

1 Like

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by aressssa: 4:55am On Jul 16, 2016
[s]
eyeview:
All will be quick to collect some bribe from Tinubu to form woman right activists. Is that Tinubu's best shot?
Meanwhile,while would a woman be the first to label a man 'thug and a dog',but when replied in equal measure,she starts playing 'female victim'.
I think Mrs Tinubu should be made to apologise to Melaye first withing the next 48hours
[/s]

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by dgr8truth(m): 4:56am On Jul 16, 2016
If remi tinubu could be this rude to dino, ekweremadu, and other male senators, it therefore shows she is equally more disrespectful and rude to jagagban, the god of south west.

Because remi tinubu is a senator doesn't make her equal to her male counterpart or any man in general. She should know her place in the natural scheme of order.

Dino we know is a thug and wifebeater, but remi tunubu we just realise is a rude and disrespectful woman who lacked good moral up bring.
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:57am On Jul 16, 2016
use less women
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by Almajiri1: 5:04am On Jul 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by eyeview: 5:05am On Jul 16, 2016
aressssa:
[s][/s]

Good,that's a picture of Dino acting like a thug in the House of Reps.
And there's also several videos of Remi Tinubu acting like an uncivilzed bitch. So its safe to guess that both of them were right in their assertions over each other.

And youngman,I want you to learn how to think and reason objectively in your life. What makes you think am siding Dino Melaye? The facts are that she verbally abused him first and he responded in equal measure. Simple. It doesn't have to be about the persons involved. I see you reasoning in d line of tinubu vs saraki. That's an immature approach to reasoning

1 Like

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by textilemania(m): 5:09am On Jul 16, 2016
Dino should grow more balls and do the needful,

Jagaban been dealing with thug since time immemorial! grin
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by Almajiri1: 5:32am On Jul 16, 2016
eyeview:
She called a man thug and dog and expects to be treated like a queen?hell no! She only got served in equal measure.

2 Likes

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by aressssa: 5:36am On Jul 16, 2016
eyeview:

Good,that's a picture of Dino acting like a thug in the House of Reps.
And there's also several videos of Remi Tinubu acting like an uncivilzed bitch. So its safe to guess that both of them were right in their assertions over each other.

And youngman,I want you to learn how to think and reason objectively in your life. What makes you think am siding Dino Melaye? The facts are that she verbally abused him first and he responded in equal measure. Simple. It doesn't have to be about the persons involved. I see you reasoning in d line of tinubu vs saraki. That's an immature approach to reasoning

Who is young man? We have a senator and a lawmaker known for beating women and fighting his fellow house members on the house floor threatening to beat and rape another man's wire because he was provoked and even sexist another female member that he'd prefer to have sex with her. What kind of man does that?

Is this what sane, rational and sensible men do to women even when they are upset?

Is this what you do?

What kind of man beats up and bloodied his own wife?

Do you for around beating up women?

Do you beat up and bloodied your own wife when provoked?

Do you threaten to beat and rape other people's wives when provoked?

Is it OK for your own sister or mother to be beaten and raped because she provoked her coworker?

The punishment for rape in Nigeria is LIFE SENTENCE

The punishment for calling you a thug or a dog carries ZERO sentence

The above should tell you there's a clear difference and gravity between calling you a dog or thug and raping a woman.

No, you are the young man and I don't even expect any sane and rational young man to equate begin called names with physical assault and rape?

Btw, the witnesses said she said Dino acts like a thug and saying you act life a dog and saying you are a dog are 2 different things..
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by chukzyblingz(m): 5:51am On Jul 16, 2016
aressssa:

Who is young man? We have a senator and a lawmaker known for beating women and fighting his fellow house members on the house floor threatening to beat and rape another man's wire because he was provoked and even sexist another female member that he'd prefer to have sex with her. What kind of man does that?

Is this what sane, rational and sensible men do to women even when they are upset?

Is this what you do?

Is it OK for your own sister or mother to be beaten and raped because she provoked her coworker?

The above should tell you there's a clear difference and gravity between calling you a dog or thug and raping a woman.

No, you are the young man and I don't even expect any sane and rational young man to equate begin called names with physical assault and rape?

Btw, the witnesses said she said Dino acts like a thug and saying you act life a dog and saying you are a dog are 2 different things..

Did he assault or rape her?

1 Like

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by moshmusth(m): 6:01am On Jul 16, 2016
All this jobless activist playing the feminine card.. that bonga fish was the one that started it all.. her antecedent is quiet alarming and no one has call her to order because of peanuts they receive from bourdillon
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by aressssa: 6:06am On Jul 16, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Did he assault or rape her?

The question was.

Do you threaten to beat and rape your coworkers and other people's wives when provoked?

Yes or No...
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by blackface12: 6:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Almajiri1:

Jobless and useless arse leakers.Make una go siddon where contain una.Lets wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by chukzyblingz(m): 6:16am On Jul 16, 2016
aressssa:

The question was.

Do you threaten to beat and rape your coworkers and other people's wives when provoked?

Yes or No...
I'm not a Nigerian Senator and I don't think I would ever be even if I'm was being given a free ticket. Nigerian Law makers are touts. both the men and women. I watched severally how they engage themselves in free for all fights in that chamber and women participate in the fights. Don't just compare me, yourself or any sane man to those beasts in that chamber. Remi is a hoe and Melaye is a thug. leave them to settle their problems and don't try to side with any of them.
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by Almajiri1: 6:17am On Jul 16, 2016
blackface12:

Jobless and useless arse leakers.Make una go siddon where contain una.Lets wait and see.
lalasticala Seun enforce rule 2 on this jobfull and useful Nigerian.
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by omenka(m): 6:19am On Jul 16, 2016
aressssa:

A

Imagine that comment- that is what you get when you come from a place that has no respect for women whatsoever.

Whenever you find a badly behaved element- be they crooks, terrorists or wife beaters, you are sure to find iPod miscreants drumming support for their stupidity.

What a way to live one's life.
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by ckmayoca: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2016
They should sha occupy the NASS naked so men right activist too should go naked to defend Dino.

When fly dey chop person wound nobody talk and when person come vex dey chop fly back everybody started grumbling. Na 2 of the dem be agbero so dem problem.
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2016
Stupid woman. I can't imagine any man threatening to beat me, simply because when I see a mad man, I swerve.
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by shakaZuIlu: 6:51am On Jul 16, 2016
[s]
aressssa:

Is this what you do?

[/s]
Nonsense
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by babdap: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2016
Females members of this national Assembly are disgrace to womanhood,have they suddenly lost their voices. The day any of them commenting on girl- child right then I would know they are coward.
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by aressssa: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2016
chukzyblingz:
I'm not a Nigerian Senator and I don't think I would ever be even if I'm was being given a free ticket. Nigerian Law makers are touts. both the men and women. I watched severally how they engage themselves in free for all fights in that chamber and women participate in the fights. Don't just compare me, yourself or any sane man to those beasts in that chamber. Remi is a hoe and Melaye is a thug. leave them to settle their problems and don't try to side with any of them.

A Hoe is a Woman or man that Bleep anything with two legs or A promiscuous person, so please tell us how many men you've seen with her or have sex with her?

Do you even know the meaning of hoe or this is just a reflection of your own warped mentality, hate and bitterness against the woman and her husband..?

What kind of loser make up such rubbish about another man's wife? You obviously are not any different from the woman beater and rapist you are defending and your role model.

You people are really disgusting...
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by pode(m): 7:46am On Jul 16, 2016
Or what?

Anyway in other news, Men’s rights activist to Remi Tinubu: Apologise to snator Dino Melaye within 2 days
Re: Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days by chukzyblingz(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2016
aressssa:

A Hoe is a Woman or man that Bleep anything with two legs or A promiscuous person, so please tell us how many men you've seen with her or have sex with her?

Do you even know the meaning of hoe or this is just a reflection of your own warped mentality, hate and bitterness against the woman and her husband..?

What kind of loser make up such rubbish about another man's wife? You obviously are not any different from the woman beater and rapist you are defending and your role model.

You people are really disgusting...
Stop being stupid and be realistic. There is no responsible politician in Nigeria. Have you ever been to a political gathering in Nigeria before? if you haven't ask those that have gone there to school you. I'm not a politician but I was privileged to be close to a National and presidential election financier and I been in some of these meeting where unruly behavior was the norm. they use vulgar words and act so irresponsibly that you would hate Nigerian politicians if you're responsible. Tinubu is a politician. do you think he would mind if he saw Melaye screwing Remi ? he would if it's not for any political gains but if it's for his political advantage, he will either encourage it or pretend like he doesn't know. I've been with very rich and influential politicians both men and women and I know what being a politician in Nigeria involves.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Beg Me, Looters Must Face The Law – Buhari Vows / New Party Loading As Tinubu, Ambode, Aregbesola Boycott APC Mega Rally In Ondo / 20 Things You Should Know About Nigerians: The Last One Would Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.