Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,597 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) (2434 Views)

Guy Outs Wicked Senior Back Then At Federal Government College Rubochi, Abuja / SUG Election At Federal Polytechnic Offa Turns Bloody, Many Students Killed / Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2016
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) is in a big problem. The new management installed on May 4th 2015 has within one year grounded the university. Presently staff salary are not paid as at when due despite the fact that the salary has been cut to the tune of 21.5% across board. Even there is no money for overhead expenses. No money to buy drugs at the university"s health centre. For two weeks now the university’s generators has not been powered due to lack of diesel. There is also no money to buy even cutlass for gardeners to do their work. In an academic environment where training is very vital for staff to upgrade their knowledge, staff can no longer afford the luxury of training as no money anywhere to sponsor such important training. It's so so pathetic.Even waste is now being disposed by the university’s Hilux van and junior staff are used to pack the waste instead of the waste disposing company. This is because the university is owing the company and they have stop coming to pick the waste.
At the end of evey month when it is time to pay salary staff will be in a dilemma not knowing if salary is going to be paid or not and when it will be paid if they eventually decided to paid. Despite the fact that president Buhari has given an order that salary must be paid on or before 25tXh of every month. As am writing now my brother told me that they are yet to pay June salary because according to management there was short fall in the emolument from Abuja and that management is still tinkering with the idea of cutting another 9% from staff salary this month. Of course as I was writing this article, the salary was paid without staff knowing exactly how much was cut from their June salary.
According to my brother the problem started when the current council members were inaugurated sometimes in 2013. According to sources they were mandated to employ 250 staff as the institution lacked adequate staff. Instead of that they went ahead and employed over 500 staff without consideration given on how their salary will be paid. In fact the council members took advantage of the fact that the former VC prof Efiotor was sick and away to employ every dick and harry. Many that was employed never applied for the job in the first place whereas those that applied and passed interview were not taken. Even some positions that were not advertised was filled with staff. This happened early 2014 and since then management has grappling with payment of salary.
The new VC prof Akii Ibadode came to the institution with the aim to destroy it. As soon as he assumed duty he employed about 70 staff without advertisement nor interviews. Most of this staff are senior level staff, mostly directors and senior lecturers whose salary can pay five to ten staff in level seven. He further went ahead to employ his wife as principal registrar with an official vehicle and a staff driver. There are two deputy registrar in the university who are senior to the VC’s wife but with no official vehicle for them. He equally created a research unit where he fixed his son and other five close family relative who recently finished NYSC in the university claiming that they are doing tetfund research and that they are on 50000 thousand naira salary monthly. Every other month he employed one, two or three staff in addition to the over seventy he employed at a go.
Prior to this problem salary were paid on or before 23rd of every month. My brother was able to cater for his family needs and my education comfortably. In fact the university was so buoyant that when the council resumed in 2013 they paid staff 13th month salary for the first time. Since then nobody knows what went wrong. It is so bad that they could not pay 13th month salary in 2014 and 2015 .
The university is so broke now that they are owning so many organisation. Now they cannot by diesel from any filling station around. Conoil, DPR, NNPC and many other filling station around have refused to sell product to FUPRE because they are owing them huge amount of money. Despite the cut in salary the money coming from Abuja is not still enough to pay salary and they have resulting to borrowing money from banks. At a time bank refused to lend money to them again. They resorted to borrowing from staff cooperative society. They have nearly killed the cooperative society to the point that staff cannot even access loan from the cooperative anymore.
To make matters worse the three major union ASUU SSANU and NASU in the university have become docile as they have all come together to form a forum known as Joint Action Congress (JAC) with just a leader. The JAC leadership takes all the decision without any dissenting voice and management is riding on this wing to further impoverish staff. Staff opinions are inconsequential to management as they take decision that affect staff without consulting them.
My brother and other staff are suffering. He is the one taking care of me and my education. This past nine months have not been easy for us.
I implore the federal government and especially EFCC to come and look at the activities of these management and council to help unravel what is going on in FUPRE. This is a time bomb ticking slowly and it might soon explode just like federal ministry of finance and others like it. The federal government should act fast not after the system collapsed, then it will too late. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 16, 2016
Mod, please help move this to the front page so everyone can see it. Thanks
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2016
u guyz are bleeped
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by iamdrfresh: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2016
I feel your pain but Buhari's dogs don't go into action quick enough in cases as this.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by otokx(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2016
The problem with FUPRE is from the beginning, the soution will be sooner.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
quote author=tonymax19 post=47589840]u guyz are bleeped[/quote]
Seriously they are suffering
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
tonymax19:
u guyz are bleeped
They are seriously suffering oooh
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
iamdrfresh:
I feel your pain but Buhari's dogs don't go into action quick enough in cases as this.
thank you very much I just want someone to help me out as I don't want to stay at home idle ohhhhh
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
otokx:
The problem with FUPRE is from the beginning, the soution will be sooner.
you very right. FUPRE has faced one challenge after another the staff will really love an intervention from the federal govt
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by jamalchance(m): 7:32am On Jul 18, 2016
mods do the needful. ... seun edakun epp us
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
jamalchance:
mod help pls. It very important
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by nzgal: 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
Buhari come and see FUPRE oh. You've been appointing your people everywhere. You have even appointed for PTI in Delta State. https://www.nairaland.com/3236910/fg-appoints-iyuke-principal-pti

Pls don't stop there bring someone new to FUPRE too. Their council is messed up.

Even of na ur 'brother', as far as he does his job well....... undecided

1 Like

Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by nzgal: 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
jamalchance:
Enyin1:
mod help pls. It very important

No key words on this post to take it to the front page grin

Mods help these guys out. I live in Warri and I know the koko. Their salary is almost gone. They keep cutting and cutting
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
nzgal:
Buhari come and see FUPRE oh. You've been appointing your people everywhere. You have even appointed for PTI in Delta State. https://www.nairaland.com/3236910/fg-appoints-iyuke-principal-pti

Pls don't stop there bring someone new to FUPRE too. Their council is messed up.

thanks nzgal. There is need for total overhaul of FUPRE management and council to bring new lease of life to the institution.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
nzgal:

No key words on this post to take it to the front page grin

Mods help these guys out. I live in Warri and I know the koko. Their salary is almost gone. They keep cutting and cutting
It look like mod don't want to help despite repeated plea
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by DaVinci101: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
OP, where is your source? Not a single daily newspaper article on this alleged "mismanagement".

I googled this topic and the said University, and all I can see recently online is about the school bill being passed by the National Assembly.
In my opinion, a school without an enabling law guiding it, has no legal backing whatsoever. Why don't you wait, until your school has an act before coming here to cry foul. In my opinion, you guys have been operating illegally.

BTW, OP stop forming brother, you work there.

1 Like

Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
DaVinci101:
OP, where is your source? Not a single daily newspaper article on this alleged "mismanagement".

I googled this topic and the said University, and all I can see recently online is about the school bill being passed by the National Assembly.
In my opinion, a school without an enabling law guiding it, has no legal backing whatsoever. Why don't you wait, until your school has an act before coming here to cry foul. In my opinion, you guys have been operating illegally.

There is percent of truth in what the OP is saying. But the major blame shouldn't be placed on the VC
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by DaVinci101: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
TheBatman:

There is good percent truth in what the OP is saying.
I don't base arguments on hearsay or sentiments, I still demand a source. Anybody can come online, hide under a faceless entity and destroy the reputation of a person and in this case an institution,just to score cheap political points. To me this hole thread has political undertone. Okay let me ask,
1. Why haven't the unions gone on strike?
2. Why haven't staffs cried foul?

Look, let me generalize this issue. How many workers in nigeria today receive their salaries regularly? How many receive there's as at when due? Even the military is experiencing salary cut.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
DaVinci101:
I don't base arguments on hearsay or sentiments, I still demand a source. Anybody can come online, hide under a faceless entity and destroy the reputation of a person and in this case an institution,just to score cheap political points. To me this hole thread has political undertone. Okay let me ask,

Look, let me generalize this issue. How many workers in nigeria today receive their salaries regularly? How many receive there's as at when due? Even the military is experiencing salary cut.
i do not support the malignment of the VC, infact i believe if there is anybody who can save the school from the current crisis it would be the current VC.
but as i said there is a good percent of truth in what the OP said, but i dont agree with some of the things the OP said and the way he phrased some words
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by DaVinci101: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
TheBatman:

i do not support the malignment of the VC, infact i believe if there is anybody who can save the school from the current crisis it would be the current VC.
but as i said there is a good percent of truth in what the OP said, but i dont agree with some of the things the OP said and the way he phrased some words
I want to seriously and unreservedly thank you for at least seeing that this is nothing but character assassination.

1 Like

Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 23, 2016
DaVinci101:

All news story must have a beginning. Are u saying that "breaking news" on CNN are not genuine? BC there is no source or newspapers quoted. After breaking news other newspapers can now site it as the source of their news. If doubt any of the allegations in the news an unbiased on the spot assessment will clear the doubt. Just make effort to interrogate the staff.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by DaVinci101: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Enyin1:
All news story must have a beginning. Are u saying that "breaking news" on CNN are not genuine? BC there is no source or newspapers quoted. After breaking news other newspapers can now site it as the source of their news. If doubt any of the allegations in the news an unbiased on the spot assessment will clear the doubt. Just make effort to interrogate the staff.
Take a deep breath, go through what you just typed and if it still makes sense to you.... Then your case is completely irredeemably.

1 Like

Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
DaVinci101:

I expected this reaction bc I know the VC has e-rats that are ready to defend him at all cost. But truth cannot hide forever no matter how much you try to distort it. The suffering FUPRE staff are passing through will definitely hunt whoever is responsible for it. Their suffering cannot be in vein.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by DaVinci101: 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
Enyin1:
I expected this reaction bc I know the VC has e-rats that are ready to defend him at all cost. But truth cannot hide forever no matter how much you try to distort it. The suffering FUPRE staff are passing through will definitely hunt whoever is responsible for it. Their suffering cannot be in vein.
Interesting, so I am now your VCs e-rat cause I asked for visible evidence? I don't base my argument based on a one sided story, which is what we have here. Quite a way to pass your message across,which shows an acute case of low mentality on your part. So you expect me and other Nairalanders to just read this thread and you expect everybody here to go and carry placards on your behalf? I don't think so.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by calebify1(m): 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nigerian education system and its issues.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
DaVinci101:
Interesting, so I am now your VCs e-rat cause I asked for visible evidence? I don't base my argument based on a one sided story, which is what we have here. Quite a way to pass your message across,which shows an acute case of low mentality on your part. So you expect me and other Nairalanders to just read this thread and you expect everybody here to go and carry placards on your behalf? I don't think so.
if you are a neutral person, you would have called for further investigation and not unilaterally dismiss everything stated in the report. Our people say there is no smoke without fire. I mentioned how aggrieved I am in the report - that my education is line and you feel its unimportant. My brother have not driven his car since January BC of his in ability to maintain the car. My brother even told of a staff who earned 14,000 after all the deductions including loan deductions. I am pained when u just wished it away as if nothing has been said. I know what my brother and his family are passing through bc of the greed of one person.

I am a student and don't have access to any document that can back up my claim, but that doesn't make everything stated in the report to be untrue as you want people to believe. Don't misled the public
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
Fupre? ..... Ah, nawa o
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
DaVinci101:

yes the national assembly is working on the law establishing the university, but we won't because of that look the other way when things are going wrong. Afterall the federal government has been paying salary and developing structures there since 2007. Also because there is not law yet does not make the degree awarded illegal after NUC had accredited most of the course offered by the institution.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by MakTaj: 1:22am On Jul 29, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
nzgal:

Na wa o...."even if na ur brother.."....the same shallow minded people like you would still complain. The story is obviously biased and has serious political undertone.
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by MakTaj: 1:24am On Jul 29, 2016
The Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) is in a big problem. The new management installed on May 4th 2015 has within one year grounded the university. Presently staff salary are not paid as at when due despite the fact that the salary has been cut to the tune of 21.5% across board. Even there is no money for overhead expenses. No money to buy drugs at the university"s health centre. For two weeks now the university’s generators has not been powered due to lack of diesel. There is also no money to buy even cutlass for gardeners to do their work. In an academic environment where training is very vital for staff to upgrade their knowledge, staff can no longer afford the luxury of training as no money anywhere to sponsor such important training. It's so so pathetic.Even waste is now being disposed by the university’s Hilux van and junior staff are used to pack the waste instead of the waste disposing company. This is because the university is owing the company and they have stop coming to pick the waste.
At the end of evey month when it is time to pay salary staff will be in a dilemma not knowing if salary is going to be paid or not and when it will be paid if they eventually decided to paid. Despite the fact that president Buhari has given an order that salary must be paid on or before 25tXh of every month. As am writing now my brother told me that they are yet to pay June salary because according to management there was short fall in the emolument from Abuja and that management is still tinkering with the idea of cutting another 9% from staff salary this month. Of course as I was writing this article, the salary was paid without staff knowing exactly how much was cut from their June salary.
According to my brother the problem started when the current council members were inaugurated sometimes in 2013. According to sources they were mandated to employ 250 staff as the institution lacked adequate staff. Instead of that they went ahead and employed over 500 staff without consideration given on how their salary will be paid. In fact the council members took advantage of the fact that the former VC prof Efiotor was sick and away to employ every dick and harry. Many that was employed never applied for the job in the first place whereas those that applied and passed interview were not taken. Even some positions that were not advertised was filled with staff. This happened early 2014 and since then management has grappling with payment of salary.
The new VC prof Akii Ibadode came to the institution with the aim to destroy it. As soon as he assumed duty he employed about 70 staff without advertisement nor interviews. Most of this staff are senior level staff, mostly directors and senior lecturers whose salary can pay five to ten staff in level seven. He further went ahead to employ his wife as principal registrar with an official vehicle and a staff driver. There are two deputy registrar in the university who are senior to the VC’s wife but with no official vehicle for them. He equally created a research unit where he fixed his son and other five close family relative who recently finished NYSC in the university claiming that they are doing tetfund research and that they are on 50000 thousand naira salary monthly. Every other month he employed one, two or three staff in addition to the over seventy he employed at a go.
Prior to this problem salary were paid on or before 23rd of every month. My brother was able to cater for his family needs and my education comfortably. In fact the university was so buoyant that when the council resumed in 2013 they paid staff 13th month salary for the first time. Since then nobody knows what went wrong. It is so bad that they could not pay 13th month salary in 2014 and 2015 .
The university is so broke now that they are owning so many organisation. Now they cannot by diesel from any filling station around. Conoil, DPR, NNPC and many other filling station around have refused to sell product to FUPRE because they are owing them huge amount of money. Despite the cut in salary the money coming from Abuja is not still enough to pay salary and they have resulting to borrowing money from banks. At a time bank refused to lend money to them again. They resorted to borrowing from staff cooperative society. They have nearly killed the cooperative society to the point that staff cannot even access loan from the cooperative anymore.
To make matters worse the three major union ASUU SSANU and NASU in the university have become docile as they have all come together to form a forum known as Joint Action Congress (JAC) with just a leader. The JAC leadership takes all the decision without any dissenting voice and management is riding on this wing to further impoverish staff. Staff opinions are inconsequential to management as they take decision that affect staff without consulting them.
My brother and other staff are suffering. He is the one taking care of me and my education. This past nine months have not been easy for us.
I implore the federal government and especially EFCC to come and look at the activities of these management and council to help unravel what is going on in FUPRE. This is a time bomb ticking slowly and it might soon explode just like federal ministry of finance and others like it. The federal government should act fast not after the system collapsed, then it will too late. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

The writer is most likely a staff that is claiming "my brother say"....common, they are better ways to show your grievance-what happened to ASUU, NASU ? grow up and stop looking for cheap ways to malign the image of anyone
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by MakTaj: 1:28am On Jul 29, 2016
if you are a neutral person, you would have called for further investigation and not unilaterally dismiss everything stated in the report. Our people say there is no smoke without fire. I mentioned how aggrieved I am in the report - that my education is line and you feel its unimportant. My brother have not driven his car since January BC of his in ability to maintain the car. My brother even told of a staff who earned 14,000 after all the deductions including loan deductions. I am pained when u just wished it away as if nothing has been said. I know what my brother and his family are passing through bc of the greed of one person.

I am a student and don't have access to any document that can back up my claim, but that doesn't make everything stated in the report to be untrue as you want people to believe. Don't misled the public

If you are this concerned then ask your brother to give you concrete evidence(documents). The economy is facing a lot of challenges and your institution is just having its share. I think other government parastatals are also experiencing the cut in salary. Read your post again and notice the many errors inherent
Re: Massive Mismanagement At Federal University Of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) by MakTaj: 1:38am On Jul 29, 2016

with this kind of statement its apparent that you work there. Probably you and your cohorts are the problem - low productive civil servants that complain and do nothing at their offices only to assassinate the image of people working tirelessly to make things right. Mr nobody, go and get busy and stop this childish act.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Foolish Things You Should Never Be Found Doing / I Found This Lost WAEC Certificate! / Pls Which Course Can Lit Maths English CRS Govt Civic Textile Yor Do In Uni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.