Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? (90194 Views)

5 Ghanaian Musicians Who Need Fashion And Style Lessons / 3 Nigerian Musicians Who Love To Flaunt Their Smoking Lifestyle / Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by iamlimo(m): 12:54am On Jul 18, 2016
macof:

I expected you to provide the accurate net worth of don jazzy instead of this randy moronic display
were you trying to compare mikel's networth with don jazzy's shocked)
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by macof(m): 5:18am On Jul 18, 2016
iamlimo:
were you trying to compare mikel's networth with don jazzy's shocked)

instead of doing guess work just provide their net worth
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by ultimateballer: 6:08am On Jul 18, 2016
iamlimo:

Haha go and sleep... you Dont even knw what you're talking abt, abeg
You think I'm playing, no player playing in EPL is richer than Drake. Comparing footballers wealth to musicians is just laughable
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by bejick(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
From latest Forbes celebrity list, I like to agree musicians make more money than footballers

FULL LIST OF 2016 CELEBRITY

1 Taylor Swift $170,000,000 USA

2 One Direction $110,000,000 UK

3 James Patterson $95,000,000 USA

4 Dr. Phil McGraw $88,000,000 USA

4 Cristiano Ronaldo $88,000,000 Portugal

6 Kevin Hart $87,500,000 USA

7 Howard Stern $85,000,000 USA

8 Lionel Messi $81,500,000 Argentina

9 Adele $80,500,000 UK

10 Rush Limbaugh $79,000,000 USA

11 LeBron James $77,000,000 USA

12 Madonna $76,500,000 USA

13 Ellen DeGeneres $75,000,000 USA

13 Rihanna $75,000,000 Barbados

15 Garth Brooks $70,000,000 USA

16 Roger Federer $68,000,000 Switzerland

17 AC/DC $67,500,000 Australia

18 Rolling Stones $66,500,000 UK

19 Dwayne Johnson $64,500,000 USA

20 David Copperfield $64,000,000 USA

21 Calvin Harris $63,000,000 UK (Scotland)

22 Diddy $62,000,000 USA

23 Jackie Chan $61,000,000 China

24 Bruce Springsteen $60,500,000 USA

25 Paul McCartney $56,500,000 UK

26 Kevin Durant $56,000,000 USA

27 Novak Djokovic $56,000,000 Serbia

28 Justin Bieber $56,000,000 Canada

29 Kenny Chesney $56,000,000 USA

30 Ryan Seacrest $55,000,000 USA

https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-ronaldo-richer-messi-jay-z-jackie-chan-forbes-celebrity-100

pls where is WIZMAN on that list
Wizman Balogun $ 500,000,000 Naija
OBO Adeleke $ 499,999,999 Najia
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
bejick:

pls where is WIZMAN on that list
Wizman Balogun $ 500,000,000 Naija
OBO Adeleke $ 499,999,999 Najia
funny you cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by obontami2: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
STILESGANG:
Baba you are a very big fool,You went to one stupid blog to back up your false claims,and you expect me to accept it.Everyone arguing here are quoting Forbes(cos when it comes to net worth matter they are the only credible organization) and you are here fooling yourself.

Anybody can sit down in the comfort of their rooms,create a website and type trash on it.

Mikel earns 100,000 pounds in a week that is almost 38 million naira per week.tell me one Nigerian music artiste that earn close to the quarter of that a week?

Or do you think living flashy and fake lifestyles plus taking pictures in borrowed jets means they have arrived?

Mikel obi is an International footballer you don't compare him with local/african musician. Its like comparing justin bieber with a player that plays in the NPFL

Okay let's do it the way let's compare wizkid with mfom udoh money wise, and let's match up mikel obi with lady gaga grin

Think about it breh cheesy grin cool
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by STILESGANG: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2016
obontami2:

Mikel obi is an International footballer you don't compare him with local/african musician. Its like comparing justin bieber with a player that plays in the NPFL

Okay let's do it the way let's compare wizkid with mfom udoh money wise, and let's match up mikel obi with lady gaga grin

Think about it breh cheesy grin cool
I wasn't comparing them baba.I was only correcting that mumu that is claiming that common don jazzy who I doubt earns 10million naira a month is richer than mikel.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by obontami2: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2016
STILESGANG:
I wasn't comparing them baba.I was only correcting that mumu that is claiming that common don jazzy who I doubt earns 10million naira a month is richer than mikel.

In my opinion I don't actually think don jazzy can be richer than mikel presently

I can bet my any amount of money on that
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by iPopAlomo(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
ireneony:
don't just compare music with football.
The real question is sport vs music ..which earn more.
I will say sport.
Take michael Jordan, magic Johnson. .
These are sport legends they make cool money.
Michael jordan is the first sport self made billionaire.

Let forget abt that ..cos they are legends.

Let talk abt may weather the greatest boxer of 2000s
He earn $300m dollar just for one fight grin..while Justin bierber has to depend on abulm sales, tours and being a brand for products to earn half of what may weather would earn in just one fight.

Now lets talk about footballers and musicians.
An average footballers earn more than an average musicians.
Do you know you the reason why the media portray africa poor? is not because they are no rich people in Africa, but is because the wealth are not even distributed among her citizens.

Now back to the topic.
Unknown footballers earn more than upcoming musicians.
There are footballers you may had never heard of..but they make cool money unlike in music were you have to be known to earn big.

Hope you got the logic.

You earned my respect... grin
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by iPopAlomo(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
dopeJemi:

So you've made sense like this now? Name one Kim kardashian's song you've heard

This post killed me... hahaha grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
This isn't meant to be an arguement, Footballers make far more than musicians make... you dont even need to be a football star to make the millions and thats why most of our guys dont go so far in the game...
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Akexstinger(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
dopeJemi:

Dude shut the fnck up and stop acting like a misled sheep, if google tells you Michael Jackson died yesterday, you will come here and tell us he died yesterday and still ask us to check google or surf the net, now tell me who the dumb one is here?

No musician, I repeat, no musician earns billions through music alone, the first recognized rapper to reach a billion dollars is Dr Dre and he didn't earn that through his music, royalties or whatever bullshit y'all say, he earned it through a fucking business deal, but i'm sure you didn't know that because you are one of those who just read and don't comprehend, the jayZ and Pdiddy y'all are shouting are big business men, still you didn't know that, Fans make musicians rich, their success when it comes to their profession is determined not entirely but mainly by fans

Taylor swift earned 300m dollars last year and tops the forbes list, there's every possibility she won't earn such amount this year or next, depends on how we respond to her music, ronaldo can decide to earn higher than the 500k pounds a week he earns at Madrid by just making a switch to a Chinese club and boom, he's raking home 800k pounds every fncking week, follow football and hear the amounts of money being bandied about and you'll ask yourself if it's money ritual

Now, if we look at who earns more in terms of their profession ALONE which is doing music and playing football, footballers earn more cause their wages are fixed, they get it every fucking sec, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, and up up it goes

Messi and Ronaldo will be bought for the amount taylor swift earned last year, Yes, you heard that right, a certain Paul pogba is being priced for 120M Pounds not dollars, don't just see everything the Internet tells you as Gospel, go deep
From your write up we can see the kiddy anger in you while typing.
Do you know what they call contracts and breach of contract? And hope you know there are terms and conditions in contracts? If you know then you wouldn't have opened your mouth to say that Ronaldo can decide to switch to Chinese club and earn higher.
And by the way, FYI, the amount players are signed for is for a period of time " 3-4 years" and this is what some musicians make in their world tour concert of just (3-4 months). So whether Ronaldo or Messi earn any amount per week, it doesn't count because it has been stipulated in the contract already, so it doesn't make any news again.
Also as player grows older and in long term, his money and value start depreciating and eventually retire from football. But same is not obtainable for musicians, musicians are still hot even at old age (Micheal Jackson, Elton john, Dr Dre, madonna, e.t.c) and I hope you know how much madonna makes from world tour?
And for you bleating about the other things musicians do aside from music shows how naive and ignorant you are. What is it that shot them into that prominence and that platform to delve into business? It is Music MUSIC MUSIC music. OK if footballers see it from that angle, they should or ought to go into business too. Since that's how forbe (legal and recognized platform) rate people/celebrities in their earnings and their worth.
So please do not expose your ignorance before the public.

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by afo4real(m): 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
mekanaky:
No go that area. there's no comparison, even tu baba himself confirmed it "no be everybody sabi play ball"
so everybody sabi sing?
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by prodigyhenry: 3:58am On Dec 04, 2016
it is funny that some people are comparing Mikel to don jazzy, Mikel is a Nigerian that works in the UK..please compare him to Nigerians musicians that works in the UK like tinnie tempah and seal. then we will know who is richer.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by leshi: 7:50am On Dec 04, 2016
dopeJemi:
Rooney earns 300k pounds a week, name one musician that earns that in a month and you have your answer
mariah carey earn $3m + per show + hidden charges now u have ur answer mate

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pregnant Dior Chidera-Adiele Poses Unclad (Photos) / Ada Ameh's Daughter Is Dead! Actress Loses Only Child / Davido Smokes And Drinks Amid Breakup Rumors With Chioma (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.