Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates (5150 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? / 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by Craven: 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
nevi12:

Ummm last i checked i typed *some* i am a 2'1er myself

Good for you.
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
TheSlyone2:

Yea, the guy dey piss people up with his mumuness.
Una wey sabi am, make una come claim una property o
Hehehehehe, I no fit laugh biko. grin

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by abimbawealth(f): 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
TheSlyone2:

Yea, the guy dey piss people up with his mumuness. Una wey sabi am, make una come claim una property o
Lmao...leave him o
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by amicable09(f): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
I really don't enjoy these kind of threads to be honest. Worse of all in this section. You are a graduate now, why worry over spilled milk?

You've got to move on with your life whether it is the joys or the pains you want to write about, it's too late.

Like it is said, and the many essays we wrote growing up, 'Had I known always come at last'. But this OP's own is 'Exam is not a true test of knowledge' so he's happy.

For me, I'm an advocate of 'make hay while the sun shines'. 2.1 or 2.2 was a decision you made while in school, either deliberately or accidentally. Live with whatever you got. It's yours.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by d4guy: 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
Na una sabi , if u like don't even graduate at all, pack the whole carry-over for head , because 1st class and 2nd class upper has nothing to offer .. We like looking for excuses.
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by BrBakreez(m): 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nuges11:
It's becoming a disturbing trend how people talk down on first class and 2:1 graduates just to justify their own lesser grades. What is even more disturbing is the OP's conclusion that 2:1 graduates will end up "at most" as CEOs in companies set up by 2:2 students. Nothing is farther from the truth if you ask me, and I seriously pity undergraduates who would read this and see it as an encouragement to become less aggressive with their studies. As a matter of fact, if this post encourages you at all then you really need to start re-evaluating your life.

Your encouragement as a 2:2 graduate should NOT come from the half-truth that 1st class and 2:1 graduates don't deserve their grades and barely measure up intellectually. They paid their dues, whatever it was. If they end up not successful in life, it is not because they had a first class or 2:1, in fact they might have been worse off with a 2:2. So my dear 2:2 graduates, your drive should be the desire to prove to yourself that you're better than what your grade says about you, not that people with better grades would most likely end up miserable.
You got what am saying though you still misconstrue some of my statement. All I said is simple and straight, no grade in school will determine our grade on life. It is all about commitment and desire to succeed that keep people ahead in real life.
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by BrBakreez(m): 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
Harvard13:

u have a boss?? i thought ure an entrepreneur?
also edit ya outsided...was prolly a typo.

overall, getting good grades is good whether u wanna find a job or mk one
I can see you were rushing to comment instead of taking time to understand the content of my message. Could you please read between the lines before further question sir.

1 Like

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by Basalt(m): 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
nevi12:
Dis is so encouraging because some"1st classers" nd "2'1ers" usually practice la cramp la pour so wen dey graduate they wld have lil or notin to offer.....

Make una stop all these consolation gists abeg.
We are tired of hearing them.
Its now getting boring
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by Basalt(m): 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
computerboy:
[b]
OP Stop deceiving yourself. I can see envy in the write up unlike the former topic. May I remind you that it is not the intelligent one that comes first in class rather it's the person who comes first that is regarded as intelligent.

I believe I know why companies take 2.1 and first class graduates only. It's because it takes a book smart and street smart person to make either grades. School isn't only about reading and writing exams.

It's only a smart person that'll know he didn't write an exam well and try to meet lecturer to change things instead of staying idle and keep praying for luck wink

It's only a smart person that'll know he didn't read for an exam and bring a mercenary to the exam hall instead of coming with empty skull and hoping on luck grin

It's only a smart person that will know he doesn't know what to write and bring "microchips" into the exam hall to aid his brain cheesy

I can go on and on but the fact is that people who graduated with 2.1 and first class planned for it smartly. That is why companies prefer them because they don't need a book worm rather they need employees that can always improvise, think outside the box and equally have problem solving skills.
[/b]

Laugh wan kill me.
Chaiii.
This guy is no doubt a comedian

1 Like

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by poketoholo01(m): 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
Una 2:2 never see anytin, I got a 2:1 tanx to God n my doggedness, I will use my 2:1 to get a good job n live my dream life, if 2:2 (tutu) ppl like make una hate una go taya. Haba.
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by BrBakreez(m): 6:38am On Jul 17, 2016
The problem with all of those who rush to condemn the thread is because they failed to read between the lines. I will put it straight the Late Gani Fawehinmi is a legal Icon in law who did not had 2.1 in School yet can you tell me how many of his peers with 1st class and 2.1 whose lives are better than the legend of law because their school grades make them smarter? I also know many of my friends with promising future with 2.2 and pass in school and are doing very fine today as lawyers. I am also aware that the owner of CNN is never a graduate yet controls many with outstanding degrees in his organisation. Let us stop hating unnecessarily, I will advise you to google names of outstanding world leaders without degrees, drop outs, never outstanding in class as students in sequence and you will be amazed with what you will see. Can you take your time to be friends of Robert Kiyosaki and I can bet that all of those hating on this thread will never remain the same in their thought. I read his books and it is working for me, I challenge you to get his collections too and appreciate me later. I do not have to tell you my CGPA in school but same is the reason I choose litigation, advocacy and serious soliciting which gave me very fast opportunity to be my own boss and own my own firm at the age of 27 years now. Sit at the other end to hate the thread instead of thinking of how to be better and smarter by being your own boss. I know many lecturers with 1st class and 2.1 who dare not challenge their 2.2 counter parts when they discuss money and that is what am saying. Let me put it straight to you who are still in school please study hard and smart but don't have the mindset of just getting good grades to get a good job because somebody established the organisation you dream to work for. As for those hating on the message without thinking deeply you may continue to remain in the Journey Of the Broke with all your grades because it is obvious many of you won't seize the opportunity of your good grades to raise your own firms where you can employ people which is what many of 2.2 students and graduates do.
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by rattlesnake(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2016
Even mechanics dey like this post
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by Richiy(f): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nuges11:
It's becoming a disturbing trend how people talk down on first class and 2:1 graduates just to justify their own lesser grades. What is even more disturbing is the OP's conclusion that 2:1 graduates will end up "at most" as CEOs in companies set up by 2:2 students. Nothing is farther from the truth if you ask me, and I seriously pity undergraduates who would read this and see it as an encouragement to become less aggressive with their studies. As a matter of fact, if this post encourages you at all then you really need to start re-evaluating your life.

Your encouragement as a 2:2 graduate should NOT come from the half-truth that 1st class and 2:1 graduates don't deserve their grades and barely measure up intellectually. They paid their dues, whatever it was. If they end up not successful in life, it is not because they had a first class or 2:1, in fact they might have been worse off with a 2:2. So my dear 2:2 graduates, your drive should be the desire to prove to yourself that you're better than what your grade says about you, not that people with better grades would most likely end up miserable.

Gosh embarassed You are smart embarassed
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by kayusre: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
nice one...
franciskaine:
This 1st class, 2.1, 2.2 dichotomy should stop bikonu. Na unemployment cause all this yeye argument, after all in a saner society a university graduate is suitable for employment in any situation and position that best suits his performance. Whether 1st class or 3rd class just be good enough to compete with ur peers any-day, any-time and the sky will be ur nadir.

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by Desdemona(f): 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
computerboy:
[b]
OP Stop deceiving yourself. I can see envy in the write up unlike the former topic. May I remind you that it is not the intelligent one that comes first in class rather it's the person who comes first that is regarded as intelligent.

I believe I know why companies take 2.1 and first class graduates only. It's because it takes a book smart and street smart person to make either grades. School isn't only about reading and writing exams.

It's only a smart person that'll know he didn't write an exam well and try to meet lecturer to change things instead of staying idle and keep praying for luck wink

It's only a smart person that'll know he didn't read for an exam and bring a mercenary to the exam hall instead of coming with empty skull and hoping on luck grin

It's only a smart person that will know he doesn't know what to write and bring "microchips" into the exam hall to aid his brain cheesy

I can go on and on but the fact is that people who graduated with 2.1 and first class planned for it smartly. That is why companies prefer them because they don't need a book worm rather they need employees that can always improvise, think outside the box and equally have problem solving skills.
[/b]

You couldn't have said it any better. All I see in this post is envy and subtle consolation. I'm sure the OP tried really hard to graduate with a 2:1. No biggie if you couldn't make it; after all, a 2:2 grade doesn't make one less of a person. There are many First Class individuals who are geniuses in their fields. So stop hating! I met a First Class guy who left a big paying job to pursue his dream of being a lecturer with smaller pay (of course!).

So my dear OP, if you think you're doing better than your 2:1 counterparts because of your lower grade , you're definitely wrong. Anyone can have a drive regardless of what their result says.
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by Desdemona(f): 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
computerboy:
[b]

[/b]

You couldn't have said it any better. All I see in this post is envy and subtle consolation. I'm sure the OP tried really hard to graduate with a 2:1. No biggie if you couldn't make it; after all, a 2:2 grade doesn't make one less of a person. There are many First Class individuals who are geniuses in their fields. So stop hating! I met a First Class guy who left a big paying job to pursue his dream of being a lecturer with smaller pay (of course!).

So my dear OP, if you think you're doing better than your 2:1 counterparts because of your lesser grade, you're definitely wrong. Anyone can have a drive regardless of what their result says.
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by UIA04(f): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
LastMumu:
I don't know if I should be saying this but having seen both the "Sorrow of 2:2 graduates" and "Joy of 2:2 graduates" write-ups, I have come to a reasonable conclusion that 2:2 graduates have personal beef with Mr Paragraph. grin grin
Looool
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by BrBakreez(m): 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
Desdemona:

So my dear OP, if you think you're doing better than your 2:1 counterparts because of your lesser grade, you're definitely wrong. Anyone can have a drive regardless of what their result says.
Please nobody is hating here sir. All I am saying is do not let your grades in school determine your life and if you have made 2.2 let that further drive you to success since kings build castles from stones thrown at them. I use this thread to motivate and also say one of the reality of life but all of those who felt insulted do not hesitate to throw what they simply think is their punchline without reading between the lines. The truth is we all are entitled to our opinion hence I don't have reason to fight my neighbour for having contrary view on same issue.
Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by stubbornman(m): 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
iamCEO:

Honestly, i'd expected your write up to justify your topic (claim, point or whichever way you put it), but it didn't.

It's very wrong of you, a lawyer for that matter, to say, "i am concerned with passing my message..." and that should be a good excuse for you to ignore the rules of writing. You should know, if you do not..., that proper paragraphing helps your readers understand you better.

Kindly take dressing and be properly guided.

Your concerned reader
Amadioha dey rub you hand for head....without paragraph you don't understand right
just read the write up and get out for the next person to read...

2 Likes

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by stubbornman(m): 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nig is as backward as Tools Ass.....People should be judged by what they know not a mere Jaga jaga cert awarded by some corrupt sorting lecturers
It is more annoying and frustrating when you come out with 2.1 or 1st class and all you know how to do is read book whereas you're not knowledgeable and you're damn unemployed and broke.....my Brother you'll wished you joined yahoo boys when you had the chance
Most bosses you have in big companies today didn't really come out with good grades ,they had to think out of the box and today all of you so-called 2.1and 1st class holders are working for them....We have problem in Nig.

1 Like

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by sade1994(f): 1:28am On Jul 18, 2016
When u are walking on water, they'll say it is because u can't swim.....

Life

1 Like

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by Davidoff1759(m): 2:07am On Jul 18, 2016
It seems people are now encouraged to graduate with 2.2. My brother your own success story as a 2.2 graduate can never be the same with others.

1 Like

Re: JOYS OF 2.2 Graduates by CruellaDeville: 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
Misery loves company.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For ARM Plc Young Talent Programme (AYTP) 2018 / Current Job Openings At Legacy Hotel And Suites / Job Vacancy At Famzhi Interbiz Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.