Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,095 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

My Business Registration Journey - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Business Registration Journey (1031 Views)

Share Your CAC Business Registration Experience / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Business Registration Journey by mashnino(m): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello guys, I am not really a story person i am writing this to help anyone here that has an intention of registering his/her business name.

I am tech savvy person (computer science graduate) with knowledge in programming and how the computers and the internet works but i have always had a weak spot for agriculture/business. Been running businesses from time to time but anytime i wanted to go big there was always an hindrance "Do you have a Registered Business name?". After months of procrastinating, i decided it was time.

The joy i felt when i learnt i could register my business online without even leaving my room knew no bounds. All i needed was my ATM card at bay and i was set to go.

I visited the CAC portal, registered and in no time i was already in.

Oya where to go next

I googled "How to register business online in Nigeria". Just to get a framework of how to go around the portal

Before you register a business in Nigeria, the first thing you must do is "Business Name Search" which costs 500 naira

"500 naira na small money na, let's go jare"

In no time i had filled my information, oya time to pay.

I saw plenty options (oh i hate when i have plenty options)

but it was basically you either pay online or go to the bank

Since i wanted to relax and do this thing to pay online was the best choice for me
Re: My Business Registration Journey by mashnino(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
I mean, it was 3:30 AM which bank will be open by this, if not babalawo blood bank grin grin

I saw different options for online payment, MasterCard,Visa Card, Remita, and different bank portals

i have a Stanbic Master Card, so i chose "Master Card option"

I thought i was going to be presented with the "Quickteller" page (If you know how much i love them cool cool)

Lo and Behold i was taking to one page like this, very ugly page i even had to google them up to check if i wasn't lost on the internet

i filled the information on the card and i was taken to the "Token" page for verification.

Oya token enter, token no gree. Na so i sleep there till morning when i wake up to prepare for work

Laptop don hibernate already, Token still never enter my phone

After i got to work sha, i closed the page but the transaction was still pending on my profile

i thought there was nothing i could do until i cleared that "Mastercard" transaction

well, it seems you could create multiple transactions for a particular item, i wouldn't say it's ok but well i was happy i could atleast continue

So i tried "OASIS PAY" which i had never heard of until that moment. Same problem, Token wasn't coming

I had to use my other line to send a text to my number to see if the problem wasn't from my line. It worked

Left with no other option, i decided to try "REMITA" by this time it was already night. RRR code was generated for me

but i had to go to the bank or register with REMITA and pay online. I registered but when i go to the payment page

it was like i was a newbie. This "upandan" movement continued for 2 days until one finally worked, my 500 naira was deducted

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy i was really happy, after all the "URL callbacks and verification" i was redirected back to CAC portal

The page kept on loading but there was nothing on the page, it was blank. I knew for sure "Shit don rub me" shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Business Registration Journey by mashnino(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
I had to refresh the page and it load at once but with an error

I quickly logged in to check the transaction, i saw "FAILED" all in caps lock and painted red

I thought there was a mixup and they would rectify it, i waited 2 days nothing came up, then i sent them a mail

it wasn't replied until after 2 days, and guess what, i was advised to go to their closest office to sort it out

like, that was what i was trying to escape abi?

Since it was just 500, i decided to just generate another transaction and go to the bank jejely and pay with no hassle

I got the RRR code and left for the bank, i paid with no trouble.

A receipt was printed for me and it was also sent to my email too.

Normally, i thought the name search was going to take 1 week or so.

Alas, i checked my mail 2 hours later my name search was successful and one of the names was chosen for me

I was really happy ehn, and then a "notice of approval" letter was sent to my mail with some information on it

I already learnt my lesson with payment so i knew what to do on the next step (or so i thought)

i proceeded to register the name i already knew i was going to be charged 10k i wasn't going to request for the extra certificate

it could jump the amount to 22k which i couldn't spare.

After going through questions and questions, i landed on the payment option page cool cool cool

Like a boss, i chose REMITA and then i chose bank payment and my RRR code was generated for me

Like a boss, i went to the bank the next day and paid cool cool cool

Like a boos, i came back home and didn't login, i just went straight to watch movies

i just wanted to give REMITA and CAC enough time to share the money i dashed them grin grin and get the job done

after about 3 hours, i logged in my email and saw the receipt there but .......... there was no confirmation letter from CAC

i thought it was normal, i logged in to the portal, and i went straight to the transaction page
Re: My Business Registration Journey by iHart(m): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
Following
Re: My Business Registration Journey by mashnino(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked "Warris dis" i was dumb founded

"Transaction failed" as as how now? na so 10k easy to get? My precious alawee

I was sweating and pressed at the same time, i had to go to the toilet and pull off my shirt.

i refreshed the page to see if it was going to change or something

i was even begging the page to correct itself angry angry angry e nor gree

well, i waited all through the weekend for the (it was a very long weekend)

My 10k was lonely with no where to go. I decided i would go to their office in Abuja, since i was in suleja

On getting there, i was confused, the place was so rowdy, too many people walking around

it was like MILE 12 market, i didn't even know where or who to complain too

but all i knew was my 10k would have a place to sleep tonight

I saw a lady standing by the vending machine dressed officially with files in her hand

"this must be a CC agent" i though to myself

i explained my ordeal to her and she told me to follow her, as we were walking she was explaining alot of stuff to me

i was just nodding my head but i wasn't really interested in what she was saying i just wanted her to ask me for the transaction details

"You will have to give 9k to process it for you o"

My heart skipped a best, cold breeze blew past me, my mouth became salty, i looked at her as she walked in front

i don't know why but i was just laughing behind her, then she turned and looked at me

'I have already paid 10k online, why do i need to pay you again'

she said processing fee now that she doesn't really work for CAC that she was a barrister that assisted people in registering

she was even quareling me for using the online portal, she made me look stupid like i didn't know how to use the internet

after much back and forth, it dawned on me that i was in Nigeria not like i have ever traveled out of the country

but it's been long something like this happened to me

i sha dragged price with her and we settled for 5k. She went ahead to get some files and asked me for the teller and receipt

she photocopied it and asked me for passport and means of identification

i brought out passport, oya where voter's card. I searched my pockets like a mad man, no voter's card

Instead it was my ATM card i saw. How i mistakenly carried my ATM card i don't know

well, without it there was nothing she could do. So i told her i was going to come back the next day to continue

1 Like

Re: My Business Registration Journey by iHart(m): 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
Following and Learning. I will start my own process soon...
Re: My Business Registration Journey by skies(m): 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
So whts happened next.. I'm following, planning to register a name soon
Re: My Business Registration Journey by prettyjoshua(m): 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
Very interesting and funny,you think say you dey yanky abi. Planning on registering my export comp soon.
Re: My Business Registration Journey by DonX001: 12:01am On Jul 18, 2016
Lol, see wahala!
Re: My Business Registration Journey by Ademat7(m): 1:19am On Jul 18, 2016
want to learn from this OP,pls summarise when u r done
Re: My Business Registration Journey by Ademat7(m): 1:20am On Jul 18, 2016
a friend of mine use online method for passport processing and got it after 4month cos they want to reach him lesson after hearing his ordeal I settle for offline own did it and collect same day even without any documents (birth cert, local govt of origin letter, et al) as against my padi dat go with all documents
Nigeria still need change in this area in short this is the change we all desire!!!
Re: My Business Registration Journey by divineappo(m): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
@OP; I sent u a pm, check ur email and reply pls
Re: My Business Registration Journey by mashnino(m): 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
divineappo:
@OP; I sent u a pm, check ur email and reply pls

send me an email umarmash2@gmail.com

you know this nairaland PM stuff is confusing...
Re: My Business Registration Journey by mashnino(m): 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
Sorry for the delay guys..

update coming in tomorrow.

body dey pain me well well embarassed embarassed
Re: My Business Registration Journey by divineappo(m): 7:48am On Jul 20, 2016
mashnino:

send me an email umarmash2@gmail.com
you know this nairaland PM stuff is confusing...
check ur email

(1) (Reply)

Qd's Online Thrift Store / Book Sellers / Any Nairalander Based In Cotonu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.