Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

The 3 Best Video Players On Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The 3 Best Video Players On Android (3842 Views)

3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / Here Is Why Apple Removed The 3.5mm Headset Jack From The New Iphone 7 / Top 5 Best Android Video Players To Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 3 Best Video Players On Android by harlimy: 3:28am On Jul 17, 2016
Yaaay! We all love to watch movies on our mobile devices don't we? One of the apps we rush down to playstore to get. Even when our stock operating systems comes with one we feel like getting one or two other media players. Well, if you're like me, then you're in the right place.

VLC
VLC is one of the most common video players on windows and it also made it's way to mobile systems. while is one of my best on windows, it is nowhere near that level here. In fact am listing it as a convenience because many people are aware of the app and it's what most people download first. In short, it's popular.

VLC doesn't have much features but it does the easy things well, it plays all kind of media formats (something VlC is well renowned for) , it is light, free and easy to use.

VLC Media Player on android Screenshot
VLC Screenshot

Dice Player
Dice player is my favorite media player on android. While have used MX, VLC, GOM just to mention a very few players excels in all areas like Dice player.
For one, it is absolutely free. No pro version, no ads at all and you get great features on the app. Unlike many apps that realises annoying upgrades with bugs every week Dice is different. Upgrades don't come every now and them and the app version is very stable.

The app also supports subtitles and subtitle syncing . But the feature i love best on Dice player is fact that it can minimize and play. Many players can do it but Dice delivers best. Others like Mobo player, BS, GOM consume lots of rams which makes multitasking and minimizing a headache which is where Dice excels most, it's RAM consumption is low.
The best media player for me and definitely one of my top 10 best apps on android.

Dice player on android screenshot
Dice Player

MX Player
MX player was the best media player for me, that seems like a decade ago. Annoying ads, frequent updates and bugs killed the app for me but it is still one of the best apps out there.
MX has lots of features, you can watch videos online, stream fluidly, download subtitles for your videos, works on all android platforms and suitable for any video of any resolution. It plays all formats and of any size or resolution.

Read more and Read it better at http://www.wikeria.org/2016/05/the-3-best-video-players-on-android.html

1 Like

Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
FTC
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
harlimy:

Dice Player
Dice player is my favorite media player on android.

I need link to download the dice player app (not on playstore) and site to download those movies on your screenshot especially the movie "pride and prejudice"
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Rogerz007(m): 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bro pls which site did u download that submission series from... Pls am expecting ur reply
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by ericsimons18: 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
MX player is the best player on Android, as far as players on mobile phones go ... it does things VLC dreams to do ... its lite ... with great functions and compatibility ... and most of all conserves battery ...

Best function for me ... while playing a video with two audio files in it ... i can switch audio with a click of a button a function im not sure has gotten in VLC ... or any other player ... MX player is dope ... simply d BEST.

4 Likes

Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
ericsimons18:
MX player is the best player on Android, as far as players on mobile phones go ... it does things VLC dreams to do ... its lite ... with great functions and compatibility ... and most of all conserves battery ...

Best function for me ... while playing a video with two audio files in it ... i can switch audio with a click of a button a function im not sure has gotten in VLC ... or any other player ... MX player is dope ... simply d BEST.

U mean switch audio like this? Lol. There's nothing MX player can do that vlc cannot do. I stopped using MX player since it's starts selecting audio codecs there are some movies that are not compatible with MX player due to unsupported audio codecs.

Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by joseph214(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
greenhulk:

U mean switch audio like this? Lol. There's nothing MX player can do that vlc cannot do. I stopped using MX player since it's starts selecting audio codecs there are some movies that are not compatible with MX player due to unsupported audio codecs.
MX player is still d best. I can't even play 720p on my y6 with that diceplayer. If u're having audio codec probs on MX simply download d pro version.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Mckandre(m): 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
Rogerz007:
Bro pls which site did u download that submission series from... Pls am expecting ur reply
download megabox apk and thnk me later
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
joseph214:
MX player is still d best. I can't even play 720p on my y6 with that diceplayer. If u're having audio codec probs on MX simply download d pro version.

What is 720p? When I can play 1080p and 4k videos comfortably on vlc player. And I don't need pro version for vlc to play every audio codecs. At the moment MX player does not support DTS AND AC3 audio codecs. I know there's a work around but it is kinda cumbersome and require root. What is good about a video player if u can't enjoy Dolby sound?
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by callmelanner(m): 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
Mx player all the way... Its ability to download subtitles directly is quite astonishing

1 Like

Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by sahm4u2nv(m): 12:14am On Jul 18, 2016
callmelanner:
Mx player all the way... Its ability to download subtitles directly is quite astonishing
mine doesn't play on homescreen or when minimized
any help
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by sahm4u2nv(m): 12:16am On Jul 18, 2016
my MX player doesn't play on homescreen or when minimized any help?
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by callmelanner(m): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2016
sahm4u2nv:

mine doesn't play on homescreen or when minimized
any help
Try download the updated version from playstore
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by prinzfunchi(m): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
sahm4u2nv:
my MX player doesn't play on homescreen or when minimized
any help?

Go to settings → player

Tick "Background play"
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by joseph214(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
greenhulk:

What is 720p? When I can play 1080p and 4k videos comfortably on vlc player. And I don't need pro version for vlc to play every audio codecs. At the moment MX player does not support DTS AND AC3 audio codecs. I know there's a work around but it is kinda cumbersome and require root. What is good about a video player if u can't enjoy Dolby sound?
I can play 2k and 1080p with mx and vlc but with lags on my y6. Mx is better than vlc on low end phones there is lesser lagging on mx than vlc. I can play 720p videos with no lag at all with mx but with vlc there is little lag. That diceplayer is useless for 720p videos. If u want to use mx to play videos with those audio codec just search for d cracked version in Google.
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by sahm4u2nv(m): 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
prinzfunchi:

Go to settings → player
Tick "Background play"
wow it works o but not showing onscreen but its actually playing thanks so much
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by gentlegenius(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
harlimy:

Yaaay! We all love to watch movies on our mobile devices don't we? One of the apps we rush down to playstore to get. Even when our stock operating systems comes with one we feel like getting one or two other media players. Well, if you're like me, then you're in the right place.

VLC
VLC is one of the most common video players on windows and it also made it's way to mobile systems. while is one of my best on windows, it is nowhere near that level here. In fact am listing it as a convenience because many people are aware of the app and it's what most people download first. In short, it's popular.

VLC doesn't have much features but it does the easy things well, it plays all kind of media formats (something VlC is well renowned for) , it is light, free and easy to use.

VLC Media Player on android Screenshot
VLC Screenshot

Dice Player
Dice player is my favorite media player on android. While have used MX, VLC, GOM just to mention a very few players excels in all areas like Dice player.
For one, it is absolutely free. No pro version, no ads at all and you get great features on the app. Unlike many apps that realises annoying upgrades with bugs every week Dice is different. Upgrades don't come every now and them and the app version is very stable.

The app also supports subtitles and subtitle syncing . But the feature i love best on Dice player is fact that it can minimize and play. Many players can do it but Dice delivers best. Others like Mobo player, BS, GOM consume lots of rams which makes multitasking and minimizing a headache which is where Dice excels most, it's RAM consumption is low.
The best media player for me and definitely one of my top 10 best apps on android.

Dice player on android screenshot
Dice Player

MX Player
MX player was the best media player for me, that seems like a decade ago. Annoying ads, frequent updates and bugs killed the app for me but it is still one of the best apps out there.
MX has lots of features, you can watch videos online, stream fluidly, download subtitles for your videos, works on all android platforms and suitable for any video of any resolution. It plays all formats and of any size or resolution.

Read more and Read it better at http://www.wikeria.org/2016/05/the-3-best-video-players-on-android.html
I have VLC and MX player. I didn't know about dice player but because of what you said about it, I decided to download it and try but I was extremely disappointed. That video player is wack, the worst among the three. What a waste of data. MX remains the best.
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by encryptjay(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2016
MX player is to Android as VLC is to PC (Windows)
MX player pro any day, anytime cheesy
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Bratking(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
even tho my s5 stock video player can play any audio, supports 2k video format, can minimize and play in a small window, support subtitles and sync, has slow motion and fast forward function, when it comes to pure efficiency and vivid colors, MX player pro carries the day. nothing beats MX player on android.

my stock android video player minimizing ability tho.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by prinzfunchi(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2016
sahm4u2nv:

wow it works o but not showing onscreen but its actually playing thanks so much
Uwc
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Naijji: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2016
I prefer my stock Touchwiz player. Also use MX Player sha
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 21, 2016
BS and vlc d best trying to figure out the "bestest" wink Umi iron for sale @ 28k location lagos
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by freeApps: 8:56am On Jul 21, 2016
All apps and games are available for free on www.apps2u.co
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by Endougs(m): 5:09am On Jul 22, 2016
For me there are only 2 media players on Android.
1.Mx Player and
2. The Rest
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by princetom1(m): 8:34am On Mar 04, 2017
Rogerz007:

Pls, contact me here, also on whatsapp
Re: The 3 Best Video Players On Android by zeanslim(m): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2018
This are the best video player app for android mobile phones for free with their download links and features will be also included.

https://www.trendytechbuzz.com/2018/07/best-video-player-apps-for-android-phones.html

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 8plus And 7plus Available At Affordable Prize / What Is The Effect Of Linking Your Line to Another Person's NIN / Tecno T3 Vs Nokia Asha 303.... H.E.L.P!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.