Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Site Error Question - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Site Error Question (614 Views)

Error Apple Application Support Is Required To Run Itunes / How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / Modem Error 633 On Win Vista And Win Xp - Need Help Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Error Question by Epi: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2009
Do you know why I am viewing Nairaland like this (see attached) I checked your site using other computers and it's fine (color green etc) except when using this computer. I checked other sites using this computer and they are fine but only Nairaland is a bit unusual

Thanks

Re: Site Error Question by Epi: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2009
front page - recent topics

Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2009
@Epi please next time try to tell us make and model if Vista or XP yeah. ok , I"ll take is xp due to it's popularity

There's so many reasons to this problem , the simplest one is if your internet explorer is set not to display image

hence less memory usage. ok open your web browser which is the internet look for tools, internet option, advanced,

browsing>multimedia [/b]make sure you have a tick in all the boxes underneath multimedia click apply and ok restart your PC

then test. if no joy then we going to reset your IE make sure all favourite/bookmarks are save. Open up your IE tools, internet

option, advanced Reset then follow on screen instruction.if no joy then we need to know your browser version by opening up your

Internet explore look for Help, [b]about internet explorer
most likely is [b]version 6 or 7 [/b]if it is then download the latest

version from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

follow on screen instrcution to update to new version and see what happen. Good luck!
Re: Site Error Question by Epi: 12:38am On Sep 14, 2009
I followed step 1 and 2 but no luck. This comp. is windows xp and WIE 8.

gratsi kiss
Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 12:50am On Sep 14, 2009
Delete IE8 and download a new one.
Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 12:53am On Sep 14, 2009
I'm still here till 1.30 I"ll make sure this problem is solve
Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 12:54am On Sep 14, 2009
when was the last time it weas working because we do system restore back to when it was last working and also can please make sure your date and clock is set right
Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 12:57am On Sep 14, 2009
meanwhile can you plase type in run msconfig press enter look for start up make sure google toolbar is not on the list. just to check you"ve try all the previous instruction. make sure you follow them carefull am suprise is not working
Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 12:59am On Sep 14, 2009
or download java at http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp if no joy then make sure you have flash player installed if no joy could be with adds on. if all fails then try using firefox
Re: Site Error Question by Epi: 1:00am On Sep 14, 2009
Ooook.  is it ok for me to do the deleting (not getting into trouble) or let the owner do the deleting.  unless you are sure I'm not going to get into trouble if I delete.  

You know what, I think it's best for me to wait for the owner to do the deleting.

gratsi! u'r a plum
Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 1:05am On Sep 14, 2009
Have just tried this on my xp and it works ok not sure if it would wor on yours. but worth trying i

ternet Explorer 8 is a new release and some websites may not yet be ready for Internet Explorer 8. Click the Compatibility View toolbar button which can be found next to the address bar This will display the website as viewed in Internet Explorer 7. This option is on a per site basis and all other sites will continue to display with Internet Explorer

8 functionality. To go back to browsing with Internet Explorer 8 functionality on that site, simply click the Compatibility View button again.
Re: Site Error Question by Epi: 1:11am On Sep 14, 2009
We have been using this comp. on this site with WI8. Only this site is giving prob. about three days ago. Currently 2 ppl is viewing this site and it's ok. My bf say maybe there is a bug. grin grin let me log off

gratsi!! will not use this comp. again
Re: Site Error Question by Epi: 1:13am On Sep 14, 2009
thank you deji2009. Made this lunch just 4 u

xoxoxo kiss

Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 1:17am On Sep 14, 2009

thank you deji2009

xoxoxo Kiss

Is it now working ? because am very determinne to solve this has have a way for quite a while. so making this work will boost my morale
Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 1:17am On Sep 14, 2009
thank you deji2009. Made this lunch just 4 u

Thank you!
Re: Site Error Question by Epi: 1:29am On Sep 14, 2009
I understand but i don't want to take any chance and be blamed for anything. lo siento

again thanks
Re: Site Error Question by deji2009(m): 1:35am On Sep 14, 2009

I understand but i don't want to take any chance and be blamed for anything. lo siento

again thanks

I Take is working now ?
Re: Site Error Question by Epi: 1:57am On Sep 14, 2009
nah, it's not working. that particular computer is all jazzy when you view NL . other sites are fine except NL. spoke to the owner over the phone, she'll take it to Staples.

later, I have to watch the VMA and pop popcorn in 4 mins

xoxoxo *muah* kiss

(1) (Reply)

Changin 4rm Win Vista To Xp / System Hack Made Easy: Free ! Free ! Free ! / Dell Video Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.