Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

This is America And Not Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This is America And Not Nigeria (6436 Views)

We 're Biafra Not Nigeria, Cross River Elders Reply Osinbajo (video) / Yorubas Now Want Oduduwa, And Not Nigeria- Gani Adams / Nigeria Is Tough But So Is America. See How in photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This is America And Not Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 8:36am On Jul 17, 2016
Yes.
Don't mistake the attached photo for Lagos, Nigeria.
That is Detroit area in Michigan, United States of America.

America is not paradise on earth.
There are slums in America where many Nigerians live and brag they are in US, but they cannot even afford an economy ticket on Arik Airline from New York city to Lagos city.
But you will not see this rot on CNN and BBC.
They use their global news media to show the best pictures of their cities as the best tourist destinations in the world, while they rubbish and tarnish the image of Nigeria and the rest of Africa as the worst places on earth to discourage international tourists and foreign investors.

Do you know that the Hollywood Walk of Fame alone makes billions of dollars every year from visiting tourists?
Millions of tourists visit the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame that is made up of more then 2,500 five-pointed terrazzo and brass stars embedded in the sidewalks along 15 blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and three blocks of Vine Street in Hollywood. The stars are monumental tributes to the icons of Hollywood; the famous actors, actresses, directors, producers, musicians, musical and theatrical groups, fictional characters, and others. The Hollywood Walk of Fame attracts over 10 million visitors annually. And Hollywood has made tourism the largest industry in Los Angeles County.
Read the full report on 
http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/nollywood-can-turn-nigerian-tourism-into-a-billion-dollar-industry-20140804

The CNN, BBC and allied western news media will not show the best pictures of Nigeria.
It is always Boko Haram terrorists on rampage, internet scams and slums. But criminals in America have killed more people this year alone than Boko Haram in Nigeria.
There are more fraudsters in New York city than Lagos city.

The population of Lagos is twice that of New York, but Lagos has lower crime rate than New York.
The largest megacity in Africa with the highest GDP , Lagos is the base of the richest blacks on earth and not America. The richest black man on earth, Alhaji Aliko DANGOTE, billionaires Dr. Mike ADENUGA, JR and Femi OTEDOLA made their billions in Nigeria with Nigerian natural resources. And millions of Nigerians have contributed to make Nigeria the largest economy in Africa.

Things will get better as long as we refuse every negative image of Nigeria and Nigerians by those who view us from their tinted glasses made in New York, London, Paris and Milan.

We have all the credentials and potentials for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa in the 21st century.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by otokx(m): 8:59am On Jul 17, 2016
Unbelievable
Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by zuchyblink(m): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2016
photoshop

1 Like

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2016
zuchyblink:
photoshop
From Forbes report on the poorest places in America.
It is on Google.
Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by greatgod2012(f): 10:56am On Jul 17, 2016
This is hard to believe but I know it's not impossible.

Our common enemy in this country is the corrupt, selfish and greedy politicians we have at the helm of our country's affair.

The day we're fortunate to have visionary and selfless person as our leader is the day we'll start seeing the Nigeria of our dream.

2 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2016

17 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by BankeSmalls(f): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2016
That is Ibadan abeg!

21 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Candyrain(m): 11:38am On Jul 17, 2016
BankeSmalls:
That is Ibadan abeg!

I thought as much

20 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 17, 2016

9 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2016

6 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2016

8 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
Dangerous25:
You are a stark illiterate. That's Manila, Philippines . You can't find slums in any city in America,just run down buildings and abandoned homes , and they are what Americans call "slums". But they are not remotely comparable to what the rest of the world generally means by the term.

[size=20pt]Please, READ and improve your life with knowledge.

President Obama's Wealth Destroying Goal: Taking The 'Curley Effect' Nationwide - Forbes.
I have part of my family in the Philippines.
So, go and read the FORBES' report first before commenting.
[/size]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/05/31/president-obamas-wealth-destroying-goal-taking-the-curley-effect-nationwide/#2fba0ae37a7a

1 Like

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
Dangerous25:
Dhaka Bangladesh and Luanda Angola are more developed than Lagos .
Can you read?
Is the topic about Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
Dangerous25:
Do you know how large North American cities are ? Lagos state size is just 999.6 km² . How many airports does Lagos have ? Atlanta alone has 12 airports . Toronto has 10 airports .

Toronto metro = 17,124 km²
Los Angeles Metro = 80,490 km2
Atlanta Metro =25,694 km2
Montreal Metro =7,258.31 km2

Below are typical middle class suburbs .

Who is comparing Lagos to North America?
Or we are saying that Nigerians should believe in building a New Nigeria instead of seeing America as paradise on earth.

PLEASE, READ!

5 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by junketer(m): 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
Whether that is america or sambisa forest, what bothers me is that when you go to such a slum you''ll find out that 95% of the residents are blacks. Why is that?

5 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2016
Dangerous25:
You have noodles for brain. one of my best Friends is from Peru. Peru is still considered a third world country despite having subway trains and skyscrapers. you think having skyscrapers mean development?
below are photos from other third world countries like Bangladesh,Venezuela ,Bolivia and Peru. Can you compare Lagos which is slum to any of these cities ? Everywhere on earth has nice places. a developed country is over 90 percent developed while a third world country just has a fewer nice places .
[size=20pt]Almighty God JEHOVAH knows you are the one who has indomie for brains.
You are totally off point with your idiotic comment. Intellectual RE-TARD. READ and COMPREHEND.[/size].

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
junketer:
Whether that is america or sambisa forest, what bothers me is that when you go to such a slum you''ll find out that 95% of the residents are blacks. Why us that?
Mostly illegal immigrants.
Not only blacks.

1 Like

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2016

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2016
Orikinla:

From Forbes report on the poorest places in America.
It is on Google.

You want to start a discourse you can't finish, we should try and get the basic things like sustainable electricity before we go looking for slums in other people's backyards, shouldn't we?

20 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nice
Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by decomaniaboss(f): 12:51am On Jul 18, 2016
That's no were in Detroit ,that should be in the Philippines,Haiti,or somewhere in India big cow !!! angry angrynd even thought it was,is still looking better than obalende grin grin... And am sure even in those slums,they enjoy light and water 24/7

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 2:04am On Jul 18, 2016
Dangerous25:
Stark Illiterate . The photo used by that guy on the article is not Detroit, he's just trying to be sensational. That's manilla Philippines. there's no such slum in America,just run downed buildings and abandoned buildings. Poverty in a first world nation is different from poverty in a third world country .
Nigeria will never be a developed first world country. Nigeria will always be a third world shiithole . stop consoling yourself . Lagos is a shiithole incomparable to Dhaka Bangladesh,Luanda Angola, and some other third world countries. When Lagos have a train system then Lagos can start competing with those other third world cities. Also ,It is foolish comparing south Africa to Nigeria. South Africa is even more developed than many European countries. stop consoling yourself . Nigeria is not Giant of Africa,just a large population of colonized stark illiterates like you. There's nothing appealing about Nigeria ,even the weather and atmosphere is inferior . most nice places in Nigeria are built and inhabited by multinationals ,embassies and expatriates.
Actually, Detroit has been bouncing back and is witnessing lots of urban renewal and investments . Below are some abandoned buildings in Detroit during the bankruptcy .

I clicked like on this your post, not because of everything you said but because you called Nigeria a large population of colonized illiterates.. Unfortunately, that's what we are.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by persius555(m): 3:54am On Jul 18, 2016
SamMilla1:

I clicked like on this your post, not because of everything you said but because you called Nigeria a large population of colonized illiterates.. Unfortunately, that's what we are.
I weep for africa when i see unfortunate comments like this. The so called third world countries were built with optimism and national pride. You are a disgrace and a thorn in the flesh to the african race (if at all u are african).
It is thoughts like yours that makes me lose hope in the black race, but then i remember that some are born to bring change to humanity and others are of no good or use to humanity.
I am sure you know where you belong.
Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by tit(f): 4:03am On Jul 18, 2016
persius555:
I weep for africa when i see unfortunate comments like this. The so called third world countries were built with optimism and national pride. You are a disgrace and a thorn in the flesh to the african race (if at all u are african).
It is thoughts like yours that makes me lose hope in the black race, but then i remember that some are born to bring change to humanity and others are of no good or use to humanity.

weeep, man, wail!
you are lie mohammed himself!
you are not tired of operation feed the nation,
with lies!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by SamMilla1(m): 4:06am On Jul 18, 2016
persius555:

You can keep your useless pride to yourself and lie about it all you can.
I have made my comment and I stand by it. I don't know what you have done to your number one citizen that called you criminals outside Nigeria.

You can weep from January to December, it doesn't change the fact that you are a group of illiterates, packed together like animals, given a colonial name and told how to live your daily lives.

And for the record, I don't like it either, but I accept the truth and reality over wishes and lies.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by IstandWitBuhari: 5:02am On Jul 18, 2016
The op is a stake illiterate,there's no place like this in America,the highest you can get in America is abandoned building which can pass for a mansion in Nigeria.
The picture op posted is Ajegunle or one of those rickety towns in Nigeria.
When Nigeria starts to experience at least 12hrs power supply daily then come back and talk to America.
Nonsense

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by porka: 5:44am On Jul 18, 2016
He he he he he he

National orientation things.

One posted a 1.3km bridge as a 'pride'.

The other posted a shanty and labeled Detroit.

Both aiming at forcing national pride on a people who have been unjustly treated.

You can't force anyone to believe in your government without first providing justice and equity to all.

Your ministry's budgetary allocation for this stunt is going to be a waste.

Tell your leader that nations don't develop by force. Nations develop through equity and fairness.

12 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by tdayof(m): 5:50am On Jul 18, 2016
Dangerous25:
Dhaka Bangladesh and Luanda Angola are more developed than Lagos .
shuu don't go there. Bangladesh That is a damn no. Confirm that from any Bangladeshi you know.
Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by blackpanda: 5:53am On Jul 18, 2016
greatgod2012:
This is hard to believe but I know it's not impossible.

Our common enemy in this country is the corrupt, selfish and greedy politicians we have at the helm of our country's affair.

The day we're fortunate to have visionary and selfless person as our leader is the day we'll start seeing the Nigeria of our dream.

Even when such persons come, nigerians in their usual fashion keep pouring bile on them for no reason. Few years ago we were crying at the level of massive corruption in the country, God answered our cries and gave us Buhari. But what did we do? Some nigerians have taken it as their life's ambition to destroy any action against the looters. They use religion, tribe, conspiracy theories and all manner of lies to soil the fight.

Our leaders are not our problem. Nigerians are nigeria's problem

3 Likes

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by jericco1(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2016
lagos like, whatever, what does it prove? Nigeria is a cleaner nation?
Re: This is America And Not Nigeria by Lucasbalo(m): 6:09am On Jul 18, 2016
Orikinla:

[size=20pt]Please, READ and improve your life with knowledge.

President Obama's Wealth Destroying Goal: Taking The 'Curley Effect' Nationwide - Forbes.
I have part of my family in the Philippines.
So, go and read the FORBES' report first before commenting.
[/size]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/05/31/president-obamas-wealth-destroying-goal-taking-the-curley-effect-nationwide/#2fba0ae37a7a
You don't know diddly square about America. Obama destroyed America economy according to you means you are totally dumb about the happenings here. Unemployment was 10% when Obama became president on January 20, 2009 and now it's 4.7%. Dow Jones was 6,900 and now 18,500. Consumer confidence was 12% and now 85%. America wss losing 700.000 jobs a month during the last year of George Bush presidency due to the worthless Iraq and Afghanistan wars and now America has gained jobs for over 85 consecutive weeks. So keep your messed up opinion to your Third World bottom of the barrel country. You know nothing about American. Keep googling garbage from right wing hateful blogs.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Names 11-Member Committee To Probe Recovery Of Abacha Loot.. / Police Launch ‘Operation Puff Adder’ In Delta / Eastern Security Network Anambra Command Resume Patrol. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.