Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,811 members, 7,844,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae (57529 Views)

EFCC Seizes George Turnah's House At 2A9 CITEC Estate, Abuja(photos) / EFCC Seizes George Turnah's Houses And Bank Accounts / EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by olajide8(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
I said it some months ago and finally, "the chicken has come home to roost"- fayose going! Going!! Going!!! His a Goner!!!!
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by blackpanda: 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
[[s]quote author=topeayan post=47623724]Am an advocate of anti corruption but am against one sided fighting against corruption if Buhari cannot probe Dambazau nd Burutanshi den let him forget his anti corruption anthem and concentrate on economy nd security. [/quote][/s]

Sorry but thats not the issue here. Is fayose innocent I knw he is ur hero
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by olajizz01(m): 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
OJOAYODEJI:
Why is Fayose alway in d news,i bet it that 4 years will go and Buhari led administration won't be anything tangible to achieve because all this people he is quizzing will no help matters but they should sit tight and achieve the APC propaganda.
Fighting against corruption was one of the main reasons we voted for him,there4 he is still on the right path,if u are affected by the crusade,just let us know.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by walexy14(m): 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
Any politicians that is involved in the arms deal should just return the money first if they dont want P and let's see what the government will do with this cash after their campaign
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by 989900E: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
fitzmayowa:

It's no more $2.1bn it's now $15bn arms scam is APC confused or something or are they introducing another twist to this unending media prosecution

Oya over to our APC e - warriors to clarify this new twist for us...SMH

Everyone knows this already ($15b; not just $2.1b, according to EFCC and the office of the VP).
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by sekundosekundo: 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
AntiWailer:

So he should stop the prosecution and forget about any money stolen because of Dambazau and Buratashi.

Just the way Jonathan decided to leave everybody to themselves during his reign.

Nice advice from you.

My own advice is that he should continue the anticorruption campaign and crusade and recover every penny stolen.

When another Govt comes in and do partial crusade, it will sweep all the names we keep mentioning.

Stop deceiving yourself, should APC lose come 2019 all the names you keep mentioning will decamp to the party that won and the logo of the party will cleanse their SINS just as the broom of APC is doing today.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by tundexijim(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2016
Millz404:
There should stop giving us all this anti corruption news until we start seeing improvement in Nigeria..... Until then they should do wateva it is der are doing and clap for themselves in secret.... Cos i am not impressed....

They don't need u to be impressed to do what they need to do.. . Those who matter cares...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by 989900E: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
A detective said, “Chief Falae came to our office based on an invitation. He told us the story of how he received N100m based on the instruction of Anenih. However, our investigations revealed that Falae only transferred N60m to his party, SDP.

“The remaining N40m was personally withdrawn by him.

“We are not victimising any political party or investigating the source of campaign funds. All we are doing is tracing the billions of dollars stolen from the ONSA account. Once you return the money, you will have no problem.”

It's sad to know someone like baba Falae would support the evil cancer (PDP), eating up the country like no tomorrow, for less than a N40m 'cut' (N40m divided by 3 million citizens of Ondo state = N13.33Kobo each, we were sold to PDP/Jonathan) embarassed . Why would a 77 year old statesman succumb to selling his soul and his people for a paltry sum (less than $100k)?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by able20(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
The confused president and frustrated EFCC telling us some unrealistic stories about recovery of 2 to 15 Billions of dollars, while the economy is still in recession.
No direct benefits to the citizens . Suffer Suffer Everywhere ,Everyday

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by tundexijim(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
Oblak:

Oga answer his question and stop asking further. All the recovered loots, where are they? What has been the impact of the so called recovered loots?

U want them to come share the money give u for ur awse b4 u know where it is abi... U can take a walk to Aso villa and ask Bubu na.. ..
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by Mylove55(f): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
nmreports:
Only if this government can put this energy into infrastructural development.
infrastructuaral development, with which money? u better park for one side, let us recover all d money first

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by Dajugba: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
All we hear and read on headline is efcc recovers luted funds of; Millions, Billions, Trilllions and zillions if that exist. Dollar keep increasing, and naira keeps depreciating. Nigeria is having economy crisis. Could it be that all this recovery money are fiction news, because if we should start to take analysis of all recovery funds as published by media, then really Nigerian should be happy enjoying what this govt said he can do. Enough of all news that is partial and selective in change. If a man prove to be just, then he should be a symbol of what he teach or preach, being equity in judgement. Guardian headline today, obj made it clear during his lecture at oyo yesterday that Nigeria is having economy crisis, the president and his ministers should have standard policy and motive about what they want to do. I'm not anti Apc, but if a man want to work, then nothing should be his excuse. And yet some who could barely afford three square meal still come here to spit trash, maybe this is a defination of change. Never the Less we want to see what they promise. Cos even Fashola spilling trash why he wants to take nigeria to stone age few days back. Well, God Bless Nigerians. Wailers don't quote me if your information is not articulate. I don't respond to beer pallor talk.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by famayo: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2016
I am highly disappointed in Baba Falae who has all along pretended to be a saint. An insatiable 78 year old greed pocketed N40M and is still shamelessly defending himself. Better return your share of the loot and go back to your farm in Ilu Abo or you rotten in jail.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by abbayusuf: 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
topeayan:
see ur life so because I dislike partiality dat means am a PDP sympathiser. U need deliverance
. Yes you are! Or is it that you don't want to be called a pdp member because u are afraid u might be next on our list. This people are enemies of our development simple. I will be glad if another gov't will come and continue the anti-corruption crusade be it one sided as u perceived it. Our enemy is our enemy whether from within or far! We most stand to eject them!!!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by Mylove55(f): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
able20:
The confused president and frustrated EFCC telling us some unrealistic stories about recovery of 2 to 15 Billions of dollars, while the economy is still in recession.
No direct benefits to the citizens . Suffer Suffer Everywhere ,Everyday
and u dont blame those who stole d money, u actually voted for them to have continue stealing and sharing our commonwealth.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by Obiwannn: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
AntiWailer:

So the better option is that everybody should continue stealing right ?
No option is better. You are missing the point. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by akilo1: 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
Fayose again?lacacilical self go kill me with. Laff grin
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by mrkinging: 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
jahsharon:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has seized some properties said to belong to Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State.

It was learnt that the properties located in the highbrow areas of Lagos and Abuja were seized as part of investigations into the N1.219bn the governor allegedly received from the Office of the National Security Adviser when Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) held sway, through a former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, as well as some kickbacks he (Fayose) allegedly received from the Ekiti State Government contractors.

The anti-graft agency has also quizzed a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae, on his alleged role in the $15bn arms scam.

Falae was grilled by investigators at the commission’s office on Thursday.

Investigators told one of our correspondents that the seized houses belonging to Fayose were allegedly purchased with stolen funds and the EFCC invoked the Assets Forfeiture clause to seize the properties in line with Sections 28 and 34 of the EFCC (Establishment Act) 2004 and Section 13(1) of the Federal High Court Act, 2004.

The seizure came less than a month after the governor’s three Zenith Bank accounts were frozen by the anti-graft agency.

One of our correspondents, who visited two of the properties on 32 Yedseram Street and 44 Osun River Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, observed the inscriptions ‘EFCC, Keep Off’ on the fences.

According to court documents filed by the EFCC, the property on Osun River Crescent was bought by Fayose in the name of his London-based sister, Mrs. Moji Ladeji.

The governor reportedly pulled down the structure of one of the Abuja properties and started building a new one.

The two properties, which are uncompleted buildings, were said to be worth over N470m.

Sunday PUNCH learnt that the properties in Lagos were four duplexes located at Plot 100 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island. The four duplexes cost $1.3m (N364m) each.

They were allegedly bought through a company, JJ Technical.

The EFCC had in a 10-paragraph counter-affidavit deposed to by Tosin Owobo accused Fayose of using the proceeds of crime to purchase properties.

The affidavit read in part, “Apart from fraudulently retaining the sum of N1, 219,490,000 being part of the N4, 745,000,000 stolen from the treasury of the Federal Government through the Office of the National Security Adviser, the applicant (Fayose) has also received gratification in form of kickbacks from various contractors with the Ekiti State Government such as Samchese Nigeria Ltd, Tender Branch Concept Nig. Ltd, Hoff Concept Ltd and Calibre Consulting Ltd.

“The applicant (Fayose) received these kickbacks and gratification through Still Earth Ltd and Signachorr Nigeria Limited. In turn, the applicant (Fayose) instructed the Still Earth Ltd and Signachoor Nigeria Limited to use the funds to acquire properties for him.

“In complying with the applicant’s instruction, Still Earth Limited and Signachoor Nigeria Limited acquired properties on behalf of the applicant (Fayose) in the name of a company known as J.J Technical Services Limited belonging to the applicant (Fayose) and his wife (Feyisetan).

“That the applicant (Fayose) also used the name of one Mrs. Moji Ladeji (the applicant’s sister) to acquire a property situated at 44, Osun Crescent, Maitama Abuja, from the proceeds of the alleged offences of receiving gratification and kickbacks.”

In his reaction, however, Fayose said all properties linked to him were not bought with stolen funds.

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, the governor said any property that might be linked to him or his company was “bought legitimately and his properties were duly declared in his assets declaration form and sources of such funds were not illicit.”

He said since the money he got for his election was from legitimate sources and not from the ONSA, “how the money was spent remained his own business and not that of anyone.”

Mrs. Oyin Daramola, an estate agent and owner of Still Earth Ltd, was quoted as telling investigators that she indeed sold the Victoria Island properties to Fayose. She said she rejected the idea of receiving payment through contracts.

Meanwhile, Falae, who was quizzed on Thursday by the anti-graft agency, had in February admitted to collecting N100m from a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Board of Trustees, Chief Tony Anenih, during the build-up to the 2015 presidential election.

The money was reportedly given to Falae to get his party, the SDP, to endorse the then President, Goodluck Jonathan, and campaign for him.

However, the N100m was said to have emanated from the imprest account of the ONSA domiciled in the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The money, which Falae got was said to be part of the N3.145bn transferred from the account of the ONSA to the bank account of Joint Trust Dimensions Limited, a company allegedly owned by the Director of Finance of the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation, Senator Nenadi Usman.

On Anenih’s instruction, Usman was said to have transferred N100m into a UBA account titled Marecco Nigeria Limited with number 1000627022, which allegedly belongs to Falae.

Others who allegedly received part of the fund were a former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode (N840m) and two former ministers, Achike Udenwa and Viola Onwuliri, who jointly received N350m in two tranches.

An investigator at the anti-graft agency told our correspondent that Falae was grilled for several hours and then allowed to go home on the condition that he would return in the next two weeks.

The source said Falae admitted to receiving the fund but maintained that he did not know that the money emanated from the ONSA.

However, investigators were said to have rattled the 78-year-old elder statesman with fresh facts.

[b]A detective said, “Chief Falae came to our office based on an invitation. He told us the story of how he received N100m based on the instruction of Anenih. However, our investigations revealed that Falae only transferred N60m to his party, SDP.

“The remaining N40m was personally withdrawn by him, which means it was not used for campaign. When he was confronted, he started appealing to us that he did not want to be detained or taken to court, so we told him to go and bring the N40m first.

“He said we should give him some time, so we have given him two weeks to go and bring the money and then report back to us.”

Asked if the EFCC was willing to charge Falae having frozen his account, the detective said, “Chief Falae, is a former Permanent Secretary and Minister of Finance. There is no way he would not have known that the deal was shady.

“If he really wanted to use the money for campaign, why didn’t he ask that the N100m be paid into the account of the SDP? Also, why didn’t he question the source of the fund when it did not emanate from the account of the PDP? Why did he keep N40m to himself?[/b]

“We are not victimising any political party or investigating the source of campaign funds. All we are doing is tracing the billions of dollars stolen from the ONSA account. Once you return the money, you will have no problem.”
[b]
Falae, while admitting in February that he collected N100m, had said, “It is true that N100m was given to my party to endorse and work for (former President Goodluck Jonathan’s candidature in the 2015 election. We used the money for that purpose and we effectively campaigned for the PDP since we did not have presidential candidate in the election. The money was not for me.

“With all the money PDP has and having spent 16 years in power, how would I have known that the money was from the arms deal? No reference was made to the arms deal. So, they should not bring me into the arms issue.”

Falae, while speaking to one of our correspondents on Saturday confirmed that he was invited by the EFCC. The elder statesman said he told the anti-graft agency that he didn’t collect any money from Dasuki.

He said, “It is true that I was invited by the EFCC and during the interrogation I told them that I didn’t collect money from Dasuki; that the money given to my party through Chief Tony Anenih was not given to me personally but to my party, the SDP.

“I also told them that the money was mainly used for the election. I told them it was an inter-party arrangement between our party and the PDP and the money was spent on the election. I didn’t know where the PDP got their money from, it was not my business but the money given to us had been spent on the election.

“I explained to them exactly what I said in my interview in the newspapers.”

He, however, declined comment on whether or not he was asked to come back to the EFCC for further interrogation.
[/b]
SOURCE: http://punchng.com/efcc-seizes-fayoses-multimillion-naira-houses-lagos-abuja/
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by sweatlana: 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Speak against buhari or one Nigeria and the toothless bull dog will come after u.

Let the witch hunting continue.

Buharis days are numbered

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by ifox(m): 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
Am tired of all this EFCC sizes this one, EFCC recovers the other one, yet the government cannot execute one simple capital project, states cannot pay salaries of civil servant because they are not getting enough allocation. The more you look the less you see, this whole stuff by EFCC looks like drama, no atom of truth, media trial, and so on. People are tired of all this figures and distraction by this government to discuss the real issues facing this country which is Economic problem.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by Haslil878(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
fitzmayowa:

It's no more $2.1bn it's now $15bn arms scam is APC confused or something or are they introducing another twist to this unending media prosecution

Oya over to our APC e - warriors to clarify this new twist for us...SMH
yeah actually $2.1 is from ONSA popularly known as Dasukigate. While $15B is the overall fraud perpetrated under GEJ regime in the name of ARMS procurement.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by ifox(m): 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
olajide8:
I said it some months ago and finally, "the chicken has come home to roost"- fayose going! Going!! Going!!! His a Goner!!!!
If Fayose goes, will you replace him as Ekiti state governor? Naive youths, poor in reasoning and financially. You're here singing, for what gain I ask you? your type are used as thugs by politicians because you cannot define your goals and mission in life, Wheelbarrow. Sing more let's hear you. Micheal Jackson.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by ephi123(f): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
It is true that N100m was given to my party to endorse and work for (former President Goodluck Jonathan’s candidature in the 2015 election.

Truly, there is money in politics, no wonder it is a do or die affair.
Imagine 100 MILLION NAIRA just to "endorse and work for Jonathan's candidature" --- Jonathan is a BIG TIME failure honestly. Money that could have been used to make citizens' lives better was spent on campaigning. I can bet Buhari spent a similar amount as well on campaign. African leaders have a really really big problem.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by AntiWailer: 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
Youngzedd:

You said it all.

If PDP get hold of power next time, they should probe all APC members.

APC probe PDP and PDP prove APC, when this is done we will recover all stolen money.

It's just simple.

abi now.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by AntiWailer: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Stop deceiving yourself, should APC lose come 2019 all the names you keep mentioning will decamp to the party that won and the logo of the party will cleanse their SINS just as the broom of APC is doing today.

So should those who have not decamped be left alone at least ?
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by chidozieikeji2: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
jahsharon:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has seized some properties said to belong to Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State.

It was learnt that the properties located in the highbrow areas of Lagos and Abuja were seized as part of investigations into the N1.219bn the governor allegedly received from the Office of the National Security Adviser when Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) held sway, through a former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, as well as some kickbacks he (Fayose) allegedly received from the Ekiti State Government contractors.

The anti-graft agency has also quizzed a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae, on his alleged role in the $15bn arms scam.

Falae was grilled by investigators at the commission’s office on Thursday.

Investigators told one of our correspondents that the seized houses belonging to Fayose were allegedly purchased with stolen funds and the EFCC invoked the Assets Forfeiture clause to seize the properties in line with Sections 28 and 34 of the EFCC (Establishment Act) 2004 and Section 13(1) of the Federal High Court Act, 2004.

The seizure came less than a month after the governor’s three Zenith Bank accounts were frozen by the anti-graft agency.

One of our correspondents, who visited two of the properties on 32 Yedseram Street and 44 Osun River Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, observed the inscriptions ‘EFCC, Keep Off’ on the fences.

According to court documents filed by the EFCC, the property on Osun River Crescent was bought by Fayose in the name of his London-based sister, Mrs. Moji Ladeji.

The governor reportedly pulled down the structure of one of the Abuja properties and started building a new one.

The two properties, which are uncompleted buildings, were said to be worth over N470m.

Sunday PUNCH learnt that the properties in Lagos were four duplexes located at Plot 100 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island. The four duplexes cost $1.3m (N364m) each.

They were allegedly bought through a company, JJ Technical.

The EFCC had in a 10-paragraph counter-affidavit deposed to by Tosin Owobo accused Fayose of using the proceeds of crime to purchase properties.

The affidavit read in part, “Apart from fraudulently retaining the sum of N1, 219,490,000 being part of the N4, 745,000,000 stolen from the treasury of the Federal Government through the Office of the National Security Adviser, the applicant (Fayose) has also received gratification in form of kickbacks from various contractors with the Ekiti State Government such as Samchese Nigeria Ltd, Tender Branch Concept Nig. Ltd, Hoff Concept Ltd and Calibre Consulting Ltd.

“The applicant (Fayose) received these kickbacks and gratification through Still Earth Ltd and Signachorr Nigeria Limited. In turn, the applicant (Fayose) instructed the Still Earth Ltd and Signachoor Nigeria Limited to use the funds to acquire properties for him.

“In complying with the applicant’s instruction, Still Earth Limited and Signachoor Nigeria Limited acquired properties on behalf of the applicant (Fayose) in the name of a company known as J.J Technical Services Limited belonging to the applicant (Fayose) and his wife (Feyisetan).

“That the applicant (Fayose) also used the name of one Mrs. Moji Ladeji (the applicant’s sister) to acquire a property situated at 44, Osun Crescent, Maitama Abuja, from the proceeds of the alleged offences of receiving gratification and kickbacks.”

In his reaction, however, Fayose said all properties linked to him were not bought with stolen funds.

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, the governor said any property that might be linked to him or his company was “bought legitimately and his properties were duly declared in his assets declaration form and sources of such funds were not illicit.”

He said since the money he got for his election was from legitimate sources and not from the ONSA, “how the money was spent remained his own business and not that of anyone.”

Mrs. Oyin Daramola, an estate agent and owner of Still Earth Ltd, was quoted as telling investigators that she indeed sold the Victoria Island properties to Fayose. She said she rejected the idea of receiving payment through contracts.

Meanwhile, Falae, who was quizzed on Thursday by the anti-graft agency, had in February admitted to collecting N100m from a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Board of Trustees, Chief Tony Anenih, during the build-up to the 2015 presidential election.

The money was reportedly given to Falae to get his party, the SDP, to endorse the then President, Goodluck Jonathan, and campaign for him.

However, the N100m was said to have emanated from the imprest account of the ONSA domiciled in the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The money, which Falae got was said to be part of the N3.145bn transferred from the account of the ONSA to the bank account of Joint Trust Dimensions Limited, a company allegedly owned by the Director of Finance of the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation, Senator Nenadi Usman.

On Anenih’s instruction, Usman was said to have transferred N100m into a UBA account titled Marecco Nigeria Limited with number 1000627022, which allegedly belongs to Falae.

Others who allegedly received part of the fund were a former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode (N840m) and two former ministers, Achike Udenwa and Viola Onwuliri, who jointly received N350m in two tranches.

An investigator at the anti-graft agency told our correspondent that Falae was grilled for several hours and then allowed to go home on the condition that he would return in the next two weeks.

The source said Falae admitted to receiving the fund but maintained that he did not know that the money emanated from the ONSA.

However, investigators were said to have rattled the 78-year-old elder statesman with fresh facts.

[b]A detective said, “Chief Falae came to our office based on an invitation. He told us the story of how he received N100m based on the instruction of Anenih. However, our investigations revealed that Falae only transferred N60m to his party, SDP.

“The remaining N40m was personally withdrawn by him, which means it was not used for campaign. When he was confronted, he started appealing to us that he did not want to be detained or taken to court, so we told him to go and bring the N40m first.

“He said we should give him some time, so we have given him two weeks to go and bring the money and then report back to us.”

Asked if the EFCC was willing to charge Falae having frozen his account, the detective said, “Chief Falae, is a former Permanent Secretary and Minister of Finance. There is no way he would not have known that the deal was shady.

“If he really wanted to use the money for campaign, why didn’t he ask that the N100m be paid into the account of the SDP? Also, why didn’t he question the source of the fund when it did not emanate from the account of the PDP? Why did he keep N40m to himself?[/b]

[b]
Falae, while admitting in February that he collected N100m, had said, “It is true that N100m was given to my party to endorse and work for (former President Goodluck Jonathan’s candidature in the 2015 election. We used the money for that purpose and we effectively campaigned for the PDP since we did not have presidential candidate in the election. The money was not for me.

“With all the money PDP has and having spent 16 years in power, how would I have known that the money was from the arms deal? No reference was made to the arms deal. So, they should not bring me into the arms issue.”

Falae, while speaking to one of our correspondents on Saturday confirmed that he was invited by the EFCC. The elder statesman said he told the anti-graft agency that he didn’t collect any money from Dasuki.

He said, “It is true that I was invited by the EFCC and during the interrogation I told them that I didn’t collect money from Dasuki; that the money given to my party through Chief Tony Anenih was not given to me personally but to my party, the SDP.

“I also told them that the money was mainly used for the election. I told them it was an inter-party arrangement between our party and the PDP and the money was spent on the election. I didn’t know where the PDP got their money from, it was not my business but the money given to us had been spent on the election.

“I explained to them exactly what I said in my interview in the newspapers.”

He, however, declined comment on whether or not he was asked to come back to the EFCC for further interrogation.
[/b]
SOURCE: http://punchng.com/efcc-seizes-fayoses-multimillion-naira-houses-lagos-abuja/
nonsense its no longer a new tin d day I will start taking dis govt serious is the day dey will look into buratais house in dubai and the source of the fund, secondly when they input dambazzau and buratais name in the arms procurment probe den we will know dey are serious
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
Our thieving elite can never be satisfied. After spending years as the purser of Nigeria's most corrupt Federal Administration (IBB & his gang) Olu Falae still could not resist stealing N40m of other people's money. Now look where his greed has landed him at the age of 78. Shameless old ba$tard!
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by fallout87: 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
Drabeey:
I am so disappointed at this baba olu Falae.. He is a respected person, but now a mere ' dodo eating ' old fool.

And for Fayose... We aint done with you just yet... We are coming soon and now its for your jugular.

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere

"WE"?

Lol. My people suffer because of ignorance. There is no "we". In time you will see.
Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by cococandy(f): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
Buhari the vindictive

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by shaqhead: 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
topeayan:
Am an advocate of anti corruption but am against one sided fighting against corruption if Buhari cannot probe Dambazau nd Burutanshi den let him forget his anti corruption anthem and concentrate on economy nd security.
This is where folks like you that aver such weird submission get it wrong!

The fact that person A is prosecuted and person B is not does not take away the culpability of person A. Simply put, non of these folks are PERSECUTED but PROSECUTED because after much grilling by the EFCC NON of them has claimed non-culpability. All we hear are the same flimsy excuses that folks like you fall for!

Folks like you who opine such "If we can't catch person A, we should let ALL of them go" position, would rather we open our prison doors and let EVERYONE out because we cant catch ALL the armed robbers out there. Isn't that the height of inanity?

Son, if SELECTIVE PROSECUTION will bring a bit of sanity in this system, then am all for it! If the SELECTIVE PROSECUTION had been sustained through successive govts from OBJ till now, close your imagine how Nigeria wd have been by now!

For the different names folks like you keep throwing about that you believe should be prosecuted, their day in court will come. This ones been rubbished never believed that today will come knocking, so chill and stop creating an untenable position!

Its only Nigerians like you that never see an armed robber out there (who does exactly the same thing as these politicians) as been SELECTIVELY PROSECUTED but you are quick to defend politicians who dont give a damn about you.

Concernin leaving them ALL to face the economy like you suggested, how do you leave so much cash in the hands of rogie politicians who can make a mess of our national security vis a vis economy. The Wvenger comes to mind....t

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae by kings09(m): 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
And be friends wit Buhari, he wldnt do anythn. Wld u still call dat anti-corruption?
AntiWailer:

So the better option is that everybody should continue stealing right ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Somto Akunyili Set To Wed: Pre-Wedding Photos / Peter Obi Shuts Down Ladipo, Computer Village, Festac, Others at Short Notice / Aisha Yesufu’s Old Tweet Praising Tinubu Resurfaces On Twitter (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.