Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock (1548 Views)

Different Car Door Types You Need To Know / How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) / Cotonour Cars Are Often Tampered With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by Nyceguy92: 11:25am On Jul 17, 2016
Please I need help with what an auto body technician advised us recently.

Our family 2000 Honda Shuttle(European edition of Honda Odyssey) driver side door was recently tampered with by an u known person to gain entry.
After that, the door key could no longer enter the key hole as it was damaged.
In fact, doing so risks the key getting seized in the key hole.

Normally, unlocking the trunk/booth with the key unlocks all the doors, too.

Problem now is when the trunk is unlocked as usual, other doors will unlock but the tampered door will not unlock.
If the door is just closed, it can be opened from both inside and outside via the handles.

The technician said to change the central lock of the driver door. Is he correct?

How does the mechanical act of damaging the door key affect that door's central lock mechanism?
Could it be that one of the rods is off its latch?

Thanks for your time.

P/S: Car has no security or remote opener. Just key for doors and ignition.
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by tsamson(m): 11:27am On Jul 17, 2016
I know someone who can fix it!

Goto Daura,

ask of bubu...

He had help lalasticlala fixed his too
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by kingreign(m): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
tsamson:

I know someone who can fix it!

Goto Daura,

ask of bubu...

He had help lalasticlala fixed his too

Must you comment in a manner that depicts stupidity?
What has Daura or bubu or lalasticlala got to do with the serious security breach to OP's car?

2 Likes

Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by Nyceguy92: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
[quote author=tsamson post=47626489]

Thanks for your suggestions.
But I am not in Lagos or environs...
I only need ideas on best thing to do.
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by baconline(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
The only way to know ,is to open up the door, sometimes its just adjustments that is needed. The key hole can be dismantled and reassembled again, a locksmith will do that for u
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
He must have meant the actuator on the door, not the entire central locking system. But what you should do is to go to a locksmith. The damaged lock is most likely jamming the actuator.
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by Nyceguy92: 6:42am On Jul 18, 2016
baconline:
The only way to know ,is to open up the door, sometimes its just adjustments that is needed. The key hole can be dismantled and reassembled again, a locksmith will do that for u

Thanks.
The door sure needs to be opened to see what went wrong therein.
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by Nyceguy92: 6:47am On Jul 18, 2016
0rex:
He must have meant the actuator on the door, not the entire central locking system. But what you should do is to go to a locksmith. The damaged lock is most likely jamming the actuator.

I thought the same, too.
Maybe we should first change the key and see what happens.
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2016
Nyceguy92:

I thought the same, too.
Maybe we should first change the key and see what happens.
Exactly.
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by dennisthompson: 9:29am On Aug 01, 2016
To be honest the alarm kit that I bought was a cheap from Locksmith and so I don't really expect it to last forever. If it dies I'll just swap out another one, but at least all the wiring is already there, and removable quickly too. The brake-autolock feature is quite handy, and already wired in.
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by lifelove: 5:11am On Oct 17, 2016
maybe try "us locksmith services" http://lasvegaslocksmithing.com/ they doing car keys for 2000 till 2016 models and they not charging high rates
Re: Car Door Key Tampered With Tech Says Change Central Lock by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:54am On Oct 17, 2016
Nyceguy92:
Please I need help with what an auto body technician advised us recently.

Our family 2000 Honda Shuttle(European edition of Honda Odyssey) driver side door was recently tampered with by an u known person to gain entry.
After that, the door key could no longer enter the key hole as it was damaged.
In fact, doing so risks the key getting seized in the key hole.

Normally, unlocking the trunk/booth with the key unlocks all the doors, too.

Problem now is when the trunk is unlocked as usual, other doors will unlock but the tampered door will not unlock.
If the door is just closed, it can be opened from both inside and outside via the handles.

The technician said to change the central lock of the driver door. Is he correct?

How does the mechanical act of damaging the door key affect that door's central lock mechanism?
Could it be that one of the rods is off its latch?

Thanks for your time.

P/S: Car has no security or remote opener. Just key for doors and ignition.

i dont know why you opened this thread in your case from your discription yes the mechanic damage somehow affected the locking mechanism all you need is simple further investigation open the door panel to check what got affected

(1) (Reply)

Help With My Chevrolet Optra / 11 Interesting Facts About Windscreens You Should Know / Mercedes Benz E Class Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.