Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,203 members, 7,860,317 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

Is God Still Fighting For His People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Still Fighting For His People? (387 Views)

Can God Still Forgive Me? I Did Very Awful Things In The University / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People / Algerian Churches Still Fighting For Freedom Of Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is God Still Fighting For His People? by suasmablow(m): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
EXODUS 14:14 KJV "The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace".

In times past, we read of how God arose and defended his people from their enemies or people who rose against them in war, just enslaved them or persecuted them for the sake of their faith.
These days, events happening globally have ignited my concern to ask If God still fights for his people.
Let's restrict this discuss to Nigeria, recently,there has been series of attacks on Christians especially in the north either directly or for what they termed blasphemy against Holy Prophet Muhammed.
These actions have unfortunately not received any condemnation from President Buhari and His Government. Even His Pastor Vice President seems to have relinquished what he confessed as his calling just for political gains and intimidation.
And because of the lacklustre attitude of this government towards deliberate or sponsored religious attacks and the inefficiency of security agencies to deal decisively with perpetrators of such crimes, its as if others have been encouraged to deliberate intolerance against Christians. And at such, I see no difference between some ordinary Muslims and Boko Haram Members, as it appears they are all fighting the same course but with different approaches.
Must we continue to keep quite, fight for ourselves or wait on God to fight for us while we are continually been killed and attacked for no just reason?
More recent was the brutal death of a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God in a sublet of Abuja. Her sole offence was that she preached in the morning in the area. And up till now, our President, who is a Muslim acted as if he was outside the country or as if His ear problem still lingers or perhaps it has extended to his eyes. Even his vice who is a pastor and from the same church with the slain woman has showed unprecedented and unimaginable cowardice in the face of these unjustifiable provocations.
As if that wasn't enough, just this Friday, a church was attacked and all their properties destroyed. What was their offence? They worshipped on a Friday, which Muslims have now monopolised as their worship day.
I am particularly pained about the death of this woman because she died in active service and the news of her death raised lots of questions and consciousness on my mind.
As Christians, we believe that God is omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscience; meaning God was there when they were killing her, God was powerful enough to have saved her from that unfortunate end, and that God knew about their plan and mobilisation to kill her. But why did God allow it to happen? Could it be that that's the way God has planned her own end to be?
On the other hand, I begin to wonder if this would have also been the case if it had been any of the other men of God that we so much respect and adore. For instance, ENOCH ADEBOYE
DAVID OYEDEPO
TUNDE BAKARE
MATHEW ASHIMOLOWO
WILLIAM KUMUYI
CHRIS OKOTIE
CHRIS OYAKHILOME
ANTHONY OKOGIE
PETER AKINOLA
EMMANUEL OLUMIDE
CHARLES OSUEKE
UMAH UKPAI
WILSON BADEJO
CARDINAL ARINZE
FATHER MBAKA
FATHER EDE
TAIWO ODUKOYA
D.K. OLUKOYA
LAZARUS MUOKA
MARGARET IDAHOSA
S. AYORINDE
SAM AMAGA
SAM ADEYEMI
ANSELM MADUBUKO
REV EZEKIEL
MIKE OKONKWO
NKECHI ILOPUTAIFE
WALE OKE
EMMANUEL KURE
AYO ORITSEJAFOR
BIMBO ODUKOYA
PATRICK ANWUZIA
PRINCE DAVID ZILLY-AGGREY
LAWRENCE OSAGIE
DAVID IBIYEOMI
TUNDE JODA
HELEN UKPABIO
Would God have also allowed them to die that way?
And would they have even taken the risk to go to such dangerous areas to preach in the odd hours of the morning?
What will then become the final fate of that woman?
Will she end in heaven on the last day as a reward for dying this way for Christ?
Or we should leave that to God alone?
Hmmmmm, anyway I think we must be careful in what we do because its my opinion that no matter what happens God will remain God and the world may simply not end just because of the action or death of any individual,even the death of Jesus Christ never ended the world.
Religion without sense is absolute foolishness.
Most importantly, our Muslim brothers and sisters must stop this intolerance and unwarranted attacks on Christians afterall no religion has a monopoly of violence.
Our leaders must also speak and take actions when necessary, all lives matter afterall,otherwise we shall soon plunge this country/world into an unending violence that may lead to the final extinction of the human race.
We must preach PEACE
We must preach TOLERANCE
We must value HUMAN LIVES
We mustn't superimpose our RELIGION on others.
Finally, Does God Still Fight For His People?

Re: Is God Still Fighting For His People? by RealAdewole(m): 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
You knew the answer already

(1) (Reply)

Grace / Some Attitude "Holy People" Display In Church That Can Be So Annoying / Jesus Take The. Wheel !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.