Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... (561 Views)

See The RCCG Lekki Church Where Maids Are Allegedly Not Permitted To Enter / See The RCCG Lekki Church Where Maids Are Allegedly Not Permitted To Enter / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Stoical: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
My dear friends, permit me to use this medium and seek your opinions on this matter. My church goes with the opinion that a woman can not teach in the church except when the program involves only women.

what does the bible says about this and is it really what the bible teaches?
Please, don't ask me which church. Thanks
Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Spicylate(f): 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
Why? Aren't they human? Can't God select a her as his messenger??

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Vendoor(f): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
That was the true doctrine of the early christians before it was hijack by commercial pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Lucario007(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
The Bible is naturally sexist. It always has. It always will be. Yet, women don't see this and will choose to desperately follow and cling to a book which makes them nothing more than second hand characters and baby makers. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by cloudgoddess(f): 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lucario007:
The Bible is naturally sexist. It always has. It always will be. Yet, women don't see this and will choose to desperately follow and cling to a book which makes them nothing more than second hand characters and baby makers. undecided
Yep. Like all Abrahamic religions, Christianity is flagrantly sexist. But that gets ignored by most Christians, just like most unpleasant parts of the bible.

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2016
Religion...

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Greatzeus(m): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
In Christianity,no Jews or gentiles,male or female,we are all saved by grace through the atoning death of Christ.A woman is qualified to do anything or take any position in church,just as the men.
There is no where in the bible where women where forbidding to preach in church.The place you quoted was a response by Paul to what was happening in the Corinthian church then,he gave the advice to bring order in that church,it doesn't apply to all churches.
You guys above should stop being ignorant

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Stoical: 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
Greatzeus:
In Christianity,no Jews or gentiles,male or female,we are all saved by grace through the atoning death of Christ.A woman is qualified to do anything or take any position in church,just as the men.
There is no where in the bible where women where forbidding to preach in church.The place you quoted was a response by Paul to what was happening in the Corinthian church then,he gave the advice to bring order in that church,it doesn't apply to all churches.

well I believe that there is no man or woman in the sight of God. and I align to your reasoning that it was just paul's advice.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Stoical: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
Greatzeus:

well I believe that there is no man or woman in the sight of God. and I align to your reasoning that it was just paul's advice. then again, the bible was inspired, or were dome statements never inspired?
Re: Women Are Not Permitted To Teach In Church... by Pidggin(f): 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
Greatzeus:

On point

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Abdullahi Bn Mas'ud? / Rapture!!! What's Your View About The Second Coming Of The Lord. / The Nigerian Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.