Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe (1551 Views)

Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application / It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan / Reasons Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100 Million – Doyin Okupe Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by kahal29: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
A former Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Dr. Doyin Okupe, says embattled former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), gave him N100m on the instruction of Jonathan.

Okupe, who served as Jonathan’s spokesman from 2012 to 2015, added that he received N10m monthly from Dasuki to pay salaries and run a weekly programme on NTA.

The former presidential aide said this in a Facebook post on Sunday while reacting to his arrest and interrogation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The EFCC had alleged that Okupe received N85m from Dasuki at different times.

In his reaction, Okupe said, “The initial N50m was approved by the President to be paid to me from his security vote. N10m was to furnish my rented living apartment and another N10m for my office. The balance N30m was approved as take-off grant.

“The N10m I received from the ONSA monthly was to run my office, pay salaries of staff, including overheads, pay expenses for our numerous press conferences, pay for publications in newspapers, magazines, local and foreign, television programmes, bulletins, and media consultants who assist and facilitate our work. I had about 23 staff, 11 were graduates out of which five were master’s degree holders.

“The second N50m was approved again by Mr. President when I reported to him that the monthly allowance had been cut from N10m to N5m and that I was no longer in position to keep running a one-hour NTA network programme called INSIGHT which was aired 9-10am every Friday.

“We paid NTA about N1.2m monthly for airtime. Two presenters were paid N600,000 monthly. We paid for tapes and editing per programme. Besides we also pay honorarium for guests either directly or in form of hotel bills for those outside Abuja, or transportation.

“This cost averagely N500,000 weekly or about N2m monthly. All in all we spend about N4m monthly on the programme. Mr. President promised to help with the expenses. About a few months later when we had incurred some debts the NSA sent me this N50m which was to cover the cost of the programme for 12 months.”

Okupe, who was also quizzed for allegedly receiving some dubious contracts from a local council in Niger State to the tune of N76.5m, said his company, Romix soilfix, was one of the over 20 construction companies who were duly awarded contracts for rural roads some five years ago by the Niger State Government.

He explained that due to lack of funds, contractors were paid irregularly making the job to drag.

“The job is still ongoing. The relationship of this to my service as senior special assistant to President is still not clear,” Okupe said.

The former presidential aide criticised the EFCC for allegedly releasing details about his health.

Okupe confirmed that he suffered a heart problem and he only explained this to investigators to prevent him from being detained.

He added, “I was born with sinus bradycadia, a non-disease based slowness of the heart. It precluded me from vigorous exercise from childhood but I have by God’s grace been able to live a normal and active life.

“With age the slowness grew worse and life threatening. I sought medical help and went through a procedure at the Arrhythmia Cardiac Research Centre in Atlanta, where this defect was corrected. It was just a year ago and I am still under satellite monitor from the USA. This is what I revealed to the EFCC and they made it a public issue.”

Okupe maintained that he was not a thief, adding that he had only two houses: one in Lagos and in his hometown.

http://punchng.com/jonathan-told-dasuki-give-n100m-okupe/
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by kahal29: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
Confession Time

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Emenandez4lyf(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
Bia Nwoke m; Wetin Concern Yuh ??
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by tunderay(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2016
I still dont think we can solve this mystery of collecting money from ONSA under the supervision of Dasuki if the main main who all fingers is pointed to is not invited for questioning, and I am talking about former President Goodluck Jonathan, let us know if people have been lieing against him . EFCC can do us that favour and save us all these stress.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by GOFRONT(m): 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hmmm.......See our patrimony
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by olaniyi0(m): 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
I think they need to probe Jonathan also to get to the bottom of all these looters.

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by KINGwax007(m): 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2016
He's got a good defense
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by phemmyutd(m): 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2016
Every fingers are pointing to Jonathan. Seriously Dasuki is suffering for Jonathan sins

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by deji68: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
Ok make u no mind them jare. ...Femi Adeshina et al are working for free abi ....anytime they hear Dasuki they think all the disbursed funds are illegal
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by goldeno10boy: 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
OK na
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Elebiju: 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
This man is shameless, I told his niece last week that the efcc will definitely come for her uncle now she is not picking my calls. Your heart was hyperactive in the last administration but when you're picked to vomit the yams you ate you're giving excuses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
KINGwax007:
He's got a good defense

Which yeye defense? Why was the money paid into his company accounts? Why was there no bid for the contract? Abeg the man na Confirm Theif..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by citizenY(m): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
deji68:
Ok make u no mind them jare. ...Femi Adeshina et al are working for free abi ....anytime they hear Dasuki they think all the disbursed funds are illegal

Don't worry , their turn will come. PDP dey do push up for 2019, every tortoise pretending to be a, grinding stone, shall be upturned. Quote me anywhere. Tough times have not come yet.

This is, exactly what I want , till corruption is tamed. Each new government should probe its, immediate predecessor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by sammyj: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
Okukpe should leave story and return our yams. I now see the reason why he vowed not to allow PMB assume power even if he had won. Hmmm just remembered he is also a self acclaimed Bastard! !! grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by seunmsg(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
KINGwax007:
He's got a good defense

You call the silly excuses he gave in the write up above as good defence? With what he said above, he has indicted himself, Dasuki and Jonathan. A clear case of money laundry, extra budgetary spending and diversion of public funds can be established against all the parties involved. If Okupe refuses to cooperate and enter into a plea bargain with EFCC, he will definitely end up in jail.

5 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
Baba Okupe, investigation never reach anywhere, yhu don de confess shapshap. Oya kukuma bring back the ego and go free
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by henrysam(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
citizenY:

Don't worry , their turn will come. PDP dey do push up for 2019, every tortoise pretending to be a, grinding stone, shall be upturned. Quote me anywhere. Tough times have not come yet.

This is, exactly what I want , till corruption is tamed. Each new government should probe its, immediate predecessor.
With this their (mis) behavior
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Donpressman(m): 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
grin
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by BossKratos: 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2016
grin

The name "okupe" even sounds like a word you can use to describe a "snitch" in someone's language!

For example..."Men as the police caught doyin with the cash, the fake guy just begin dey "okupe" anyhow!

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Day169: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2016
..ayékòtó!!!
the caged bird has finally begun to sing!
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
I'm kinda getting fed up of Dasuki whatever! This ain't gonna solve the economy crises rocking the Country presently.
FG should throw Carrots at the Looters..... seems Sticks ain't gonna work! EFCC should gently press the Suspects' Stomachs to vomit the Yams peacefully!
We need the goddamn money to fix the economy for goodness sake!
Enough of campaign from Okupe and Co joor!
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Qmerit(m): 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2016
I don't believe it!
Jonathan PhD can't act that way, he's educated and should know the right office to direct you to.. hehehehehe

But if it's true.. I see more reason you call him Jesus christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by engrflames: 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
No big deal about this, Burutai also received some amount of money from Buhari to buy some properties at Dubai.
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by wachakuta(m): 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
Ignorance is not am excuse in d law....

U collect blood money or not oga Doyin??

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by emmasege: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2016
Wetin dey do this Okupe self? He's more feminine than masculine. Adversity truly distinguishes men from women. Femi Fani Kayode has my respect anytime any day.
Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by MadamExcellency: 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2016
It's like Jonathan was entitled to certain undefined monthly Security Vote managed by Office of National Security Adviser on the instruction of the President.

This is my understanding of Dr Okupe's confessions.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
KINGwax007:
He's got a good defense
Unfortunately for him, it the the job of Federal Civil Service Commission to pay salaries and emollient of Civil Servants. Dr. Okukpe has a clear case against the EFCC for disclosing his medical condition without his permission.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by rrhostomy(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
emmasege:
Wetin dey do this Okupe self? He's more feminine than masculine. Adversity truly distinguishes men from women. Femi Fani Kayode has my respect anytime any day.
Just listen to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Qmerit:
I don't believe it!
Jonathan PhD can't act that way, he's educated and should know the right office to direct you to.. hehehehehe

But if it's true.. I see more reason you call him Jesus christ.
He is a surgeon. He treats sick people.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Told Dasuki To Give Me N100m – Okupe by citizenY(m): 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
henrysam:

With this their (mis) behavior

For me, the end jystifies the means. Anybody who steals/misapplied public funds in PDP or whatever party should be sanctioned and such funds seized. If PDP wins, they should "REVENGE".

By the, time you have two regime changes, sanity will prevail.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Inaugurate Calabar Monorail. Ready For Use. / Ngige & Peter Obi Laughing Hard At An Event In Nnobi That MC Got Confused(pics / Has FG Paid October Salary Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.