Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) (1766 Views)

Video Of The Biggest Chicken In The World (the Brahma Chicken) / Why Is Imported Frozen Chicken Cheaper Than Live Chicken In Nigeria? / See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) by sanyahkod(m): 7:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
Surfing across the internet, I came across something I have never seen in my life ''The most expensive chicken breed in the world.

What surprised me was the colour of these particular chicken breeds.

Here in Nigeria, I have seen a lot of chicken colours but this special chicken breed is so different. I don’t know whether this kind of chicken exists in Nigeria. I Googled it to know more and even to know how much this black chicken costs. I saw pictures of this particular breed. Wonders shall never end in this world.

The breed is known as Ayam Cemani originating in Indonesia. It is a weird one. Everything in it is black from skin, bones, eyes, ears, combs, wattles even organs like liver, lungs and heart. A very special breed. Some say it is the best chicken meat in the world.
It’s among the most expensive chicken breeds in the world. A fully grown chicken could cost you $2500. Believe it or not. The blackness is due to a genetic trait known as fibromelanosis in which the cells tend to have too much melanin.The breed is so rare and that’s why it’s so expensive

http://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/worlds-most-expensive-chicken-breed-in-the-world-pictures/

Cc. PAVORE9; FarmTech

Re: See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) by chimoskyg(m): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
What the Bleep, their meat will also be black. I like them for a pet
Re: See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) by KingsJohnson(m): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Black is beautiful and it is the origin of all tinx

1 Like

Re: See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) by chimoskyg(m): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) by sanyahkod(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2016
If this kain chicken enter soup, it becomes the most expensive soup in the world.

When you raise this kinda chicken as pet, your prayer point don increase be that cos $2500 must not die.
Re: See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) by Brymo: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
Nawa
Re: See The Most Expensive Breed Of Chicken In The World (pictures) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2016
Na cow?

(1) (Reply)

Paddy Rice From Yola / 2017 Fish Import Licence / Distributor Wanted For Sachet Palm Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.