Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack (45282 Views)

Enugu Fulani Attack Was Planned In Kogi, Suspect Confesses / Another Fulani Attack Looms, In Uzo-uwani Local Government Area Of Enugu State / Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u (2) (3) (4)

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by sukkot: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2016
buahahah deez ipad youfs fear fulani ooooo grin grin

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by booblacain(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2016
StOla:
To prevent the loss of their own lives, the Igbos did not defend their hard working brothers in this instance.

I guess the Fulani herdsmen have become agents of change and cultural reorientation.

The herdsmen kill people to protect and avenge so claimed injustice against them and you call it cultural reorientation. The NDA blow up pipelines in protest against perceived injustice against them and you call them terrorist.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by kstix(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2016
Lol... But seriously i commend the ibo villagers. If every ibo started to think like those villagers.. The world would definitely be a better place. Emulate the yorubas in diplomacy not everything is by fire by force

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2016
dustmalik:

Before you see fulanis attacking a village, they must have been wronged by the villagers one way or another. They highly regard their cows. if you kill one of their cows, they will come back and kill you and your family. i"m not justifying their atrocities, but that's how they operate.

Some villagers go as far as poisoning their cows. they go back in full force to retaliate.
Dont you know about the farms they ruin? they often provoke people just to get excuse to slaughter them.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by neocortex: 9:53am On Jul 18, 2016
hundredhunndred:

Why screaming his name if you have no problem with him, he is entitled to his opinion so let him be.

I guess this is omenka using his alternate handle to fight his opponents.
If you are not him, then you should know that the law of compensation
is at work, when you mock others when disaster befalls them, you don't
expect them to keep quiet , do you ?

You have a right to your own opinion, not throwing the first punch and then
playing the victim card when your opponent retaliates.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 18, 2016
kingzizzy:
I took a closer look at the pictures, this is not Igbo land. There is no way People will gather like this in an Igbo village land and nobody is wearing a traditional Igbo dress. Not possible! They are all wearing English clothing in a Village in Enugu? The news is fake!
You think this is Nollywood?

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by donigspain(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2016
fulanmafia:
The other day it was revealed that some traditional rulers in the same Enugu state were fraudulently collecting money for grazing from herdsmen and then disallowing them to graze...

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-enugu-traditional-rulers-collect-grazing-money-from-herdsmen/155017.html

https://www.nairaland.com/3222221/enugu-traditional-rulers-collect-grazing

Now it has emerged that their youths actually steal their revered livestock which are their source of livelihood...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3985337_fbimg1468787283233_jpeg33d296715fd1c2fef1f16396184cf74c

I'm sure we can all see the pattern here. While the herdsmen's resort to deadly violence should be condemned, we can all see in all honesty that their attacks are mostly provoked by selfish, greedy and fraudulent ibo elements, including their leaders shamefully.

Thank goodness they had the sense to produce the criminals amongst them before the situation went out of hand. Silly and selfish fraudulent hacks.
So it's justifiable and right for them to invade and destroy people's livelihood (farmlands) to maintain theirs? The people's farmlands are NOT mobile. The Fulanis move their cows hundreds of kilometers down south to these farmlands; destroying crops. Just like the cows are dear to the Fulanis same is the farmland to the farmers. Don't glory n violence!

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by cole265(m): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2016
HurtgenForest:

If I should call you an overgrown fool, the MODs would rush to ban me so I will not do that.

@Topic, what the people did is right. In as much as we condemn the atrocities of the fulani herdsmen, people should not look for trouble by stealing their cattle which is their source of livelihood.

I don't know what else the people should have done, support thieves or what?

So human lives should now exchange for cows, because it is their source of livelihood

What hapend to reporting the matter to the police by the fulani herdsmen? why the threat on the villagers? should we now report crime to vigilantes...or else?

...truly, there was a country cry

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by fulanmafia: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2016
You are trying to twist the fact that ibo traditional leaders and criminal youths have been collecting money for grazing fraudulently from the herdsmen...how is that then an invasion?

And then the ibo youths go to the extent of STEALING Fulani cows selfishly just to provoke attacks on their people?

Let's just be thankful the community had the sense to do the right thing.

donigspain:
So it's justifiable and right for them to invade and destroy people's livelihood (farmlands) to maintain theirs? The people's farmlands are NOT mobile. The Fulanis move their cows hundreds of kilometers down south to these farmlands; destroying crops. Just like the cows are dear to the Fulanis same is the farmland to the farmers. Don't glory n violence!

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by experimentist: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2016
Chuvin22:
You think this is Nollywood?
grin that nigga is a denjee!

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by booblacain(m): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
Igbo's are now slaves in their own backyard,can this happen in the north in favor of the Igbos ??

They are slaves because they arrested thieves?

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Laid2001: 10:02am On Jul 18, 2016
This Igbo village is laying good example for all other villages in the nation.

Thieves are not tolerated whether they are kinsmen or not!

We all have something to learn from them on how to live together peacefully. The herdsmen have done the right thing by reporting the stealing to the village authority as well. I hope we all learn from this incident!!!

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2016
cole265:

So human lives should now exchange for cows, because it is their source of livelihood

What hapend to reporting the matter to the police by the fulani herdsmen? why the threat on the villagers? should we now report crime to vigilantes...or else?

...truly, there was a country cry

You are right but the police has consistently failed on issues like this.

Same reason why Nigerians have resulted to ju ngle justice system.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by achieverme(m): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2016
kingzizzy:
I took a closer look at the pictures, this is not Igbo land. There is no way People will gather like this in an Igbo village land and nobody is wearing a traditional Igbo dress. Not possible! They are all wearing English clothing in a Village in Enugu? The news is fake!

Check the picture well. Check towards your right. Look at that woman leaning on a long walking stick. She puts on the traditional Igbo dress.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by achieverme(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2016
saintmark88:
This is d reason this guys started arming themselves n d first place, because they were been taken for granted... Pple steal their cows n all, I have been hearing of this thing since, this story just confirms, so pple still have d mind to steal fulani's cow... Nigerians, esp we southerns we r so selfish, greedy and wicked

Build ranch for fulanis in their homes and such stealing will be reduced or stopped.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by HurtgenForest: 10:10am On Jul 18, 2016
fulanmafia:
You are trying to twist the fact that ibo traditional leaders and criminal youths have been collecting money for grazing fraudulently from the herdsmen...how is that then an invasion?

And then the ibo youths go to the extent of STEALING Fulani cows selfishly just to provoke attacks on their people?

So the demonic herdsmen would have come to kill people because of cattle and this is ok by you right?

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Seunjungle(m): 10:11am On Jul 18, 2016
See how confession is coming out their mouths any disturbance...I can see fear of herdsmen here! Where is Igbos spirit.. where is Biafra spirit...where is Militants spirit now? Only herdsmen check mate you not even govt. sorry igborooooo

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by donigspain(m): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2016
fulanmafia:

I ask yet again, will there be conflict IF the nomadic Fulanis limit their grazing within the Sahel and Guinea Savanna regions of their ancestral homes? I don't think the SETTLED farmers will travel with their fixed assets (farmlands) to meet the Fulanis. Farmlands will not be destroyed neither will the cows be killed/stolen. Both groups will live in peace within their ancestral homes.

I still repeat, don't glory n violence!

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Adaezeagu(f): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2016
AbuMaryam1:
Fulani herdsmen are innocent all of the time. This is what Omenka kept for himself. I see nothing wrong in expressing his mind.

innocent really?

by destroying peoples farm produce abi?

u need a brain surgery

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Afritop(m): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2016
phemmyutd:
I love what these villagers did, and this is just the way to go.

I keep telling people that there is more to this herdsmen attacks.
We have been living with these people for years, why is it now that they start attacking people if there is nothing attached to it.
Kudos to the villagers for working for peace
THAT DOES NOT IMPLY THAT A WHOLE COMMUNITY WILL BE WIPED OUT BECAUSE THEIR COW WAS STOLEN.
FOR INSTANCE, IF YOUR CAR IS STOLEN IN A NEIGHBOURHOOD , YOU DONT ISSUE THREATS OR REPRISALS IF THE WHOLE NEIGHBOURHOOD FAIL TO FIND YOUR CAR. IF YOU TRY IT OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO YOUR THREAT HAPPENED WITHOUT YOUR KNOWEDGE, THE AUTHORITIES WILL PROSECUTE AND PUNISH YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A SUSPECT.
IT IS BECAUSE OF FEAR OF REPRISAL FROM THE HERDSMEN THAT THE COMMUNITY ENGAGE VIGILANTES TO LOOK FOR THE CULPRITS BUT HOW LONG WILL THEY CONTINUE TO THAT. TIME WILL TELL

THE WHOLE SCENERIO PLAYED OUT BECAUSE WE HAVE A FAILED AND WEAK POLICING AND SECURITY SYSTEM

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Seunjungle(m): 10:22am On Jul 18, 2016
See how confession is coming out their mouths any disturbance...I can see fear of herdsmen here! Where is Igbos spirit.. where is Biafra spirit...where is Militants spirit now? Only herdsmen check mate you not even govt. sorry igbooooo
Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by vislabraye(m): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2016
saintmark88:
This is d reason this guys started arming themselves n d first place, because they were been taken for granted... Pple steal their cows n all, I have been hearing of this thing since, this story just confirms, so pple still have d mind to steal fulani's cow... Nigerians, esp w[b]e southerns we r so selfish[/b], greedy and wicked

Sorry, speak for yourself. It's a pity people will begin defending the herdsmen for their atrocities. Abi did Agatu villagers steal their cows or did the Reverend sister who were raped steal cows? What about Chief Olu Falaye that had his farm destroyed. I'm sure he must have stolen some cows too
This is not to mention the farms that have been destroyed.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by hundredhunndred: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2016
neocortex:

I guess this is omenka using his alternate handle to fight his opponents.
If you are not him, then you should know that the law of compensation
is at work, when you mock others when disaster befalls them, you don't
expect them to keep quiet , do you ?

You have a right to your own opinion, not throwing the first punch and then
playing the victim card when your opponent retaliates.

I can see you are jobless to assume everyone is Omenka. You can call me whatever, thats your own life problem. Whats even your problem with anyone's opinion. Say your own and stop splashing smelly spit everywhere.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by kingzizzy: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2016
achieverme:

Check the picture well. Check towards your right. Look at that woman leaning on a long walking stick. She puts on the traditional Igbo dress.

Anybody can be found wearing that type of dress in the SE/SS/NC area. There is nothing in the picture that concretely shows it is Igbo land.
Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by neocortex: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2016
hundredhunndred:
[s][/s]

I can see you are jobless to assume everyone is Omenka. You can call me whatever, thats your own life problem. Whats even your problem with anyone's opinion. Say your own and stop splashing smelly spit everywhere.

Of course I know you are a pretender, kindly use your main moniker if you must fight,
stop hiding behind different names. Be man enough.

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by drealnamdy(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2016
first of all... i think the moderators should correct the mistake made by the op in the topic where he wrote 'a village in enugu' this incident of threat happened in enugwu agidi which is a town located in njikoka LGA of anambra state. and obinagu is one of the villages in enugwu agidi also located at d outskirts of the town ... am making this point clear cos am from enugwu agidi undecided
Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by ArcIbrahim38(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2016
If we are all honest with ourselves we will live peacefully ever after.......our problem is hypocracy. Northerners will be supporting fulani herdsmen killing people out of full blown ignorance....and Southerners will supporting stealing of these wanderers cows.....and the worst thing is our foolish governors are the ones promoting this nonsense....

Please let's grow up and be reasoning not subjectively but objectively for God's sake
Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Skain(m): 10:43am On Jul 18, 2016
That's how we suppose to live.
The herdsmen did the right thing by reporting and the community did the right thing by apprehending the culprits...
Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Anijay1212(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2016
omenka:
If I say what's on my mind, some people would go to bed with hearts broken into a billion pieces and their eyes laden with tears. So, I'd just pass. grin
Bros how you dey take do am? Because the kind of "painment" you give some dudes in this forum deserves a panel of inquiry to be set up to determine the immediate and remote causes...

Re: Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2016
omenka:
If I say what's on my mind, some people would go to bed with hearts broken into a billion pieces and their eyes laden with tears. So, I'd just pass. grin

Lol.... Guy you bad grin

Wike Cheered By The Crowd As He Embarked On Road Inspection Tour (photos) / Airforce Fires At Canoes Conveying Stolen Oil, Barges Explode (Video) / Accident: Governor Yahaya Bello On Crutches At The Presidential Villa. Photos