Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

As Regards Benz Ml- - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As Regards Benz Ml- (7177 Views)

Mercedes Benz Ml/gl Class W164 Ml350 Ml500 Gl320 Android 7.1 Car Dvd Player (4g) / Advice Needed As Regards Engine Oil Change / Give Me Reasons To Buy Mercedes Benz ML 320 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Regards Benz Ml- by royallord1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hello house....
we have had a not so good experience with the ml500... but dat doesnt change my love for mercedez..
none the less we are considering getting a less powerful ml - the v6 engine..
i need to find out from benz users which year of ml320 or ml350 (not exceeding model produced in 2005) is less problematic...
i would greatly appreciate your inputs
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by Ugoeze2016: 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
I will go with ML320, used it with no problems before selling it
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by royallord1(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2016
Ugoeze2016:
I will go with ML320, used it with no problems before selling it
Boss...
what year was ur ml320
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by Ugoeze2016: 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2016
royallord1:

Boss...
what year was ur ml320

2002, used it from 2008 through 2011
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by royallord1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
Ugoeze2016:

2002, used it from 2008 through 2011
ok boss.
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by FLAKARIBE(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
Using ml320, year 2000. Very good. Reliable. Fuel consumption is good also. Parts are abundant and not as expensive as one will think.
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by afelouz(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
one of the best car for naija road, fuel consumption is okay, affordable parts,
overall, its a great ride.
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by sooperrescue(m): 3:39am On Jul 19, 2016
royallord1:
Hello house....
we have had a not so good experience with the ml500... but dat doesnt change my love for mercedez..
none the less we are considering getting a less powerful ml - the v6 engine..
i need to find out from benz users which year of ml320 or ml350 (not exceeding model produced in 2005) is less problematic...
i would greatly appreciate your inputs

What were the issues that you had with the 500 ml and why do you think it won't be the same with the v6?
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2016
sooperrescue:

What were the issues that you had with the 500 ml and why do you think it won't be the same with the v6?
Give this man..sooperrescue..answers to these questions and he will educate,no, school, you completely on MLs,he is an authority,all the techie details in a layman's language! #isaidso

2 Likes

Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by sooperrescue(m): 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
BIGWILLIAMS4U:

Give this man..sooperrescue..answers to these questions and he will educate,no, school, you completely on MLs,he is an authority,all the techie details in a layman's language! #isaidso

Na Range I dey do o but before I graduated to Range Rovers, I was into Mercedes Benz until 2012. I was the better option to Capital Motors in Abuja before I decided to stay put in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by royallord1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
sooperrescue:

sorry boss for the late response
we had power steering issues.. abs sensor problem.. electronic stability failure and many other sensor issues...
a mechanic said the v6 is less expensive to maintain and comes with less sensors and electronics dan the ml500
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by sooperrescue(m): 6:09am On Jul 22, 2016
royallord1:

sorry boss for the late response
we had power steering issues.. abs sensor problem.. electronic stability failure and many other sensor issues...
a mechanic said the v6 is less expensive to maintain and comes with less sensors and electronics dan the ml500
When the abs is faulty, the esp will follow and the abs sensor is not more than 30k for the 4 tyres, new sensors. The ml is very particular about power steering fluid and you must have used abro or seahorse fluids to warrant those issues. If you patronise mecs like the one you had, they will not be able to fix the v6 version, they will later advise you that A class is the best because it is 4 cylinder. To enjoy any mercedes, obey the rules. The high end engineering involved in putting the car together does not allow substandard products and mecs to touch it. If you really grooved that ml500, you will never contemplate stooping low to a v6,

1 Like

Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by royallord1(m): 7:56am On Jul 22, 2016
sooperrescue:
When the abs is faulty, the esp will follow and the abs sensor is not more than 30k for the 4 tyres, new sensors. The ml is very particular about power steering fluid and you must have used abro or seahorse fluids to warrant those issues. If you patronise mecs like the one you had, they will not be able to fix the v6 version, they will later advise you that A class is the best because it is 4 cylinder. To enjoy any mercedes, obey the rules. The high end engineering involved in putting the car together does not allow substandard products and mecs to touch it. If you really grooved that ml500, you will never contemplate stooping low to a v6,
those sensors cost us over 50k to buy for the four legs... yet its still malfunctioning... and i use required steering oil by mobil as well as mobil 1 for engine servicing... we many atimes import leventis mechanics from lagos to come fix the car up in benin... as for the steering rack its replacement has been put at 145k..... so dats d reason we are considering buying the v6 if its less problematic.... and yes she was a blast when she was new... but benin roads and flood messed the baby up that she is refusing part.
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by sooperrescue(m): 8:10am On Jul 25, 2016
After fitting the sensors, they should use computer to perform adaptation. It might even be the mud that is making the ecu not to detect the abs. Like I stated, you used the wrong power steering fluid and with that mistake, the cost of getting a new rack is the price. Check out Lawrence opp limit gate in sapele road. Thank God that your engine and transmission are good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by speed001: 11:53am On Jul 25, 2016
sooperrescue:
After fitting the sensors, they should use computer to perform adaptation. It might even be the mud that is making the ecu not to detect the abs. Like I stated, you used the wrong power steering fluid and with that mistake, the cost of getting a new rack is the price. Check out Lawrence opp limit gate in sapele road. Thank God that your engine and transmission are good.

Pls this lawrence does he fix Toyota cars?? Cos I'm a little familiar with that area. Is the mech store opposite limit?? Cos dey r many mechanic workshop opposite that limit hotel gate in limit road. Pls drop his number if possible
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by sooperrescue(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
No toyota, only mercedes benz. You are right about limit gate. But you can go there and he will be able to recommend a good toyota mec in that axis. His number is 08036631853
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by BIGWILLIAMS4U(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
When I write say sooperrescue Na winch for Mercedes Benz, humility no let am gree,I tanda one side dey observe, now I no dey justified? Look speed001,show your appreciation with 3gbosas.Sooperrescue for president!!!!!
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by sooperrescue(m): 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hmmm, nor let them ban me o
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by royallord1(m): 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
sooperrescue:
hahahaaha .... who wan ban chair like u...
dem neva baff to do such!
thanks boss...
gonna do as you said....
but u havent advised me on the ml v6 you would describ as less problematic(if am allowed to use dat word) not exceeding 2005 model.
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by apexquest(m): 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
speed001:

Pls this lawrence does he fix Toyota cars?? Cos I'm a little familiar with that area. Is the mech store opposite limit?? Cos dey r many mechanic workshop opposite that limit hotel gate in limit road. Pls drop his number if possible
brother u still dey Benin?? have been looking for u to assist with a scan.
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by sooperrescue(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
royallord1:

hahahaaha .... who wan ban chair like u...
dem neva baff to do such!
thanks boss...
gonna do as you said....
but u havent advised me on the ml v6 you would describ as less problematic(if am allowed to use dat word) not exceeding 2005 model.
Since the issues you had are not engine and gear issues, then stick to the v8. Have you experienced where the ml will seize and will be dragging while you are moving? It is common on v6 when the abs is faulty. Power steering is also selective, And the rack is the same price. If you want the ml to be in top shape, take it to lawrence or bring it to lagos and get a renewal
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by royallord1(m): 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
sooperrescue:
Since the issues you had are not engine and gear issues, then stick to the v8. Have you experienced where the ml will seize and will be dragging while you are moving? It is common on v6 when the abs is faulty. Power steering is also selective, And the rack is the same price. If you want the ml to be in top shape, take it to lawrence or bring it to lagos and get a renewal
exactly what the ml is doing ... u will b driving then all of a sudden it will just sieze... luckily it has not resulted in an accident.. will definitely see lawrence.... thanks boss...

1 Like

Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by jacoik(m): 4:09am On Jun 15, 2017
sooperrescue:
where in Lagos bro because I base in Lagos. Walahi dis ppl don kill me
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by AmuDimpka: 7:41am On Nov 04, 2019
sooperrescue:

Are you in Lagos...I need a great Benz mechanic

1 Like

Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by jacoik(m): 6:01am On Nov 19, 2019
my own is 2005 ml, bought in 2015. my only problem is steering pump and steering rack. I don change rack like four time and pump Luke six times now but the steering is still hard. u even bought new steering pump, after it work for 1 month it started been hard again. the car us a super car but just this two problems. pls what's the best steering oil one can you. I base in Lagos
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by abi320: 6:34am On Feb 13, 2020
Good morning house, I have an ml320, 2003 model, I am having problem with the audio, the sound gradually decrease over the course of d day until I can't hear anything. Pls can anyone help out with this?
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by AmuDimpka: 11:34am On May 04, 2020
jacoik:
my own is 2005 ml, bought in 2015. my only problem is steering pump and steering rack. I don change rack like four time and pump Luke six times now but the steering is still hard. u even bought new steering pump, after it work for 1 month it started been hard again. the car us a super car but just this two problems. pls what's the best steering oil one can you. I base in Lagos
...my mechanic said that to can work on it...why don't you work on it....

Rack is always the issue with ML but I haven't experienced it though....
Re: As Regards Benz Ml- by AmuDimpka: 11:34am On May 04, 2020
abi320:
Good morning house, I have an ml320, 2003 model, I am having problem with the audio, the sound gradually decrease over the course of d day until I can't hear anything. Pls can anyone help out with this?

Maybe relay or rewire it, but I guess it's relay issue

(1) (Reply)

2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker / 9 Warning Signs Your Car's Oil & Lubricant Might Be Leaking / Lasting Solution To Honda Ball Joint Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.