Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? (2515 Views)

Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China / Man Escapes Death After An Insect Bite In Rivers State (Photos) / Insect Inside My Ear Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? by philfrey08: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2016
Throwback to my service year at Oku-iboku, Itu LGA in Akwa-ibom state. I had various injuries on my arm which were as a result of some tiny almost invisible insects called Sandflies. I could not wash or sit outside my apartment during the day. It was horror. I was helpless because i could not control the insect population in the environment.

Mosquitoes also in our environs are very troublesome and i have found a better way to control them on my skin using mosquito/insect repellents. They come in various forms; creams and lotions, electronic devices, hand bands etc.

There are different lotions/ creams; Odomos, Gardia and Medisoft (those am aware of).
I make use of OFF! and am satisfied with it...It expensive though and contains about 15% DEET and also mosturises...Mosquitos runnnn

Many say they cant use repellents cos of chemicals. The lotions and make-up we wear are also chemicals!

Tell me your story about the insect repellent you use and how satisfied you are with it.

Re: Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? by peteregwu(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2016
Am sorry Bros, this repellant are no more killing mosquitoes. Mosquitoes have grown now with their new tech. They seem to be better than our tech here. Even if you spay it, they grow stronger. angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? by Taqueenboy(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2017
nice one, Phil. I feel like getting all the sandfly repellent creams right now because the place I traveled to for a job is a home for sandfly... Odomos is the one I know. I wish people can respond with more options
Re: Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? by airminem(f): 11:17am On May 28, 2021
Lol
peteregwu:
Am sorry Bros, this repellant are no more killing mosquitoes. Mosquitoes have grown now with their new tech. They seem to be better than our tech here. Even if you spay it, they grow stronger. angry
What if he use the "Blood of Jesus" to repel the mosquitoes? grin
Re: Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? by peteregwu(m): 12:30pm On May 28, 2021
airminem:
Lol What if he use the "Blood of Jesus" to repel the mosquitoes? grin

Na you sabi ooo...
Re: Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? by BigSarah(f): 1:42pm On May 28, 2021
Mosquito nets, A canister of Baygon and raid does it too
Re: Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? by airminem(f): 1:51pm On May 28, 2021
peteregwu:

Na you sabi ooo...
Just being sarcastic oo

(1) (Reply)

Hives: How Do I Deal With It? / Fibroidclear / Problems With My Teeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.