Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? (1924 Views)

Bukola Saraki Not Licensed To Practice Medicine In UK - General Medical Council / More Nigerians Commit Suicide As Obasanjo's Policy Takes Its Toll (Throwback) / DSS Arrests Gabriel Suswam, Guns, Keys Of 45 Exotic Cars, Ammunition Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2016
I love peace and I hate war but I am not against self defence.Criminals(Armed robbers,kidnappers,armed herdsmen,boko haram members,etc) are usually not licensed to use guns but they have access to them anyway and innocent nigerians suffer for it.Violence is an unavoidable phenomenon among humans but monopoly of violence is avoidable, everyone should be given a chance to defend themselves from aggression since the police cannot be everywhere all the time.The bad elements in the society have the power to cause terror, why should'nt the innocent people be empowered to fight terror?
I was taking a stroll down my street yesterday and I asked myself "if terrorists were to storm this area today, how many people would be able to defend themselves even if just a bit?".I pray against such a prospect but if it were to happen, the only thing we would do is to pray for the forgiveness of our immortal souls.
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by makazona(m): 8:54am On Jul 18, 2016
Behold how bad Nigeria is without gun licensing to majority of Nigerians.

Now imagine a Nigeria where almost everyone is backed by law to carry arms.

Speechless me!
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2016
Bros Lalasticlala and mynd44 abeg check this out and let us know your take on it.
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Larryfest(m): 9:02am On Jul 18, 2016
Absolutely NOT and i repeat again NOT!!!

1 Like

Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by sarrki(m): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2016
Which license again ?

When niger delta is flooded with Gun already.... NDA & Bakkasi boiz

North........Bokoharam, Shia & fulani herdsmen

East ...IPOB

West .....OPC

So no need Nigeria is already licensed

1 Like

Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Benjom(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2016
In this economic hullaballoo? Nooooo... People will just be killing themselves anyhow-ly.
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by achieverme(m): 9:08am On Jul 18, 2016
makazona:

Speechless me!

You are not getting it. The gun will be registered in your name. If you use it for any criminal act, the bullets will be traced to you and you will be arrested.
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Izonpikin: 9:10am On Jul 18, 2016
lets not go there oo...if guns are licensed for individuals i wonder what the ipob and south west war would turn into.... grin grin grin

,make we no think gun laws here ooo

1 Like

Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by achieverme(m): 9:10am On Jul 18, 2016
Larryfest:
Absolutely NOT and i repeat again NOT!!!

And are you saying we should live at the mercy of armed robbers and Fulani terrorists, since the police is incapable of protecting everyone?

1 Like

Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:12am On Jul 18, 2016
makazona:

Speechless me!
Its as bad as it is partly because only the criminal elements acquire ammunition albeit illegally while normal people are defenseless.Imagine if the massacred people in benue, kogi,borno,etc were armed, would they have fallen like that? even if some of them had died, the herdsmen and other terrorists alike would have recorded casualties too and thought it twice before trying again.
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by molydonhenry(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2016
License u say? Mighty NO for me. Naija will become worse than Somalia
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by ItzTun3chi(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2016
sarrki:
Which license again ?

East ...IPOB

West .....OPC

Shut the fûck up.. .we west are still the most peaceful and opc do not misuse the powers given to them not like other zones undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Larryfest(m): 9:14am On Jul 18, 2016
achieverme:

And are you saying we should live at the mercy of armed robbers and Fulani terrorists, since the police is incapable of protecting everyone?
Have you not seen what this could cause if allowed? Take for example USA..
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by MzPecs(f): 9:15am On Jul 18, 2016
sarrki:
Which license again ?

East ...IPOB

West .....OPC

Lol cheesy
This is funny buh it's the truth..
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by lordbish(m): 9:15am On Jul 18, 2016
they are already with arms when there is no license, try and legalize it and Nigeria will turn to middle east
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Fedayeen02: 9:16am On Jul 18, 2016
People will trace those whose comments didn't sit well with them here and shoot them to death.

I'm against guns for the citizenry because everyone is a savage when poked
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by achieverme(m): 9:24am On Jul 18, 2016
Larryfest:

Those things happen in the US because "kids" and semi-crazy people are allowed to handle guns. Nigeria can place age barrier on approval and also use behavioural tendencies as restriction. Anyone who drinks won't be allowed to have a gun. Anyone below the age of 30 won't be allowed too. Civil servants and people in responsible employments and businesses will be allowed and they can be easily monitored.
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2016
Larryfest:

In the us, its quite easy to get a gun illegally if you know your way so license or not guns are widely possessed so most guns used for crimes are illegally acquired and mind you,guns have saved many lives. furthermore any licensed gun can easily by traced back to its owner with the bullet through ballistic tests.
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by bitchcrafts: 9:33am On Jul 18, 2016
Such a corybantic opinion I must say... Anyway , IMO, Nigerians will abuse the privilege ...Minding how hot tempered most people could go over trivial matters, how frustrated most are ;product of down-beaten economy and how ill-informed a large fraction of the populace is, no-no is the response from me...I mean, I'm not ready to start reading news of how a husband blew his wife's head off because she came late from a party on Nairaland yet, I'm downtrodded enough if you kwim...
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by 007Nasky(m): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2016
... C wht z happenin in d USA
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2016
Fedayeen02:
People will trace those whose comments didn't sit well with them here and shoot them to death.

It doesn't work that way, you may be licensed to acquire the gun but you cant carry it about(thats another issue entirely) its to be kept at home for protection against intruders so you cant trace people and shoot them cos you'll likely be arrested before getting there.besides you would be putting yourself in great peril if your target was armed too and he would be justified to shoot you in selfdefence
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Fedayeen02: 9:42am On Jul 18, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
It doesn't work that way, you may be licensed to acquire the gun but you cant carry it about(thats another issue entirely) its to be kept at home for protection against intruders so you cant trace people and shoot them cos you'll likely be arrested before getting there.besides you would be putting yourself in great peril if your target was armed too and he would be justified to shoot you in selfdefence
In exam hall with inviligator you are asked not to bring in calculato but you wil still see people smuggling it in talk more of guns that the law enforcement agent can't monitor our movement.

1 Like

Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:42am On Jul 18, 2016
007Nasky:
... C wht z happenin in d USA
It would have been worse if only a segment of the populace had access to guns.

2 Likes

Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2016
Fedayeen02:
In exam hall with inviligator you are asked not to bring in calculato but you wil still see people smuggling it in talk more of guns that the law enforcement agent can't monitor our movement.
I know but everyone should have a fair chance to defend themselves.
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by makazona(m): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
Its as bad as it is partly because only the criminal elements acquire ammunition albeit illegally while normal people are defenseless.Imagine if the massacred people in benue, kogi,borno,etc were armed, would they have fallen like that? even if some of them had died, the herdsmen and other terrorists alike would have recorded casualties too and thought it twice before trying again.

With the level of decay in our security sector, I doubt if it will suffice.

We are not mature in all ramifications to practice"if you shoot, I shoot back". Because, after using the guns on the enemy, some bullets will be reserve friends "wey dey mess up"
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by makazona(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
achieverme:

You are not getting it. The gun will be registered in your name. If you use it for any criminal act, the bullets will be traced to you and you will be arrested.

I actually got it. Guns registered to Mr. A can be used by Mr. C to kill same Mr. A and it will be called suicide abi?

Just someone using your registered sim card to perpetrate crime which you will later take the fall.

Please the time is not right
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by achieverme(m): 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
makazona:

I actually got it. Guns registered to Mr. A can be used by Mr. C to kill same Mr. A and it will be called suicide abi?

Just someone using your registered sim card to perpetrate crime which you will later take the fall.

Please the time is not right

No human system or idea or invention or choice doesn't have its pros and cons. But weighing the pros against the cons, you will discover the benefits are more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:20am On Jul 19, 2016
makazona:

Speechless me!
everyone would respect themselves
Ask them in Jos
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:21am On Jul 19, 2016
Benjom:
In this economic hullaballoo? Nooooo... People will just be killing themselves anyhow-ly.
who wan die
All will respect diasefs
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:22am On Jul 19, 2016
Izonpikin:
lets not go there oo...if guns are licensed for individuals i wonder what the ipob and south west war would turn into.... grin grin grin

,make we no think gun laws here ooo
Nothing
Most are noise making cowards
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:23am On Jul 19, 2016
Larryfest:

what happened in USA
Pls do your research bfor answering
Re: Should More Nigerians Be Licensed To Acquire And Use Ammunition? by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:24am On Jul 19, 2016
Fedayeen02:

funny how few are poked when armed but constantly jabbed when not

(1) (2) (Reply)

#edodecides: Video Of APC Agent Paying Voters N2000 To Vote (video) / Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? / Buhari's Dance Of Shame, What A Zoo Of A Country!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.