Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Alone.. - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alone.. (222900 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alone.. by Princelegacylemoha(m): 5:30am On Aug 21, 2016
PAMELA , I Salute you !! Reading this story words to words , and lines by line , what I never done for a long time , Interesting story , #proundlynightReader

2 Likes

Re: Alone.. by Nmaglit: 6:02am On Aug 21, 2016
Dear u r good
Re: Alone.. by yyugo6ixx(f): 7:00am On Aug 21, 2016
@princedami...you shoulda mentioned me before I commented. But since the "unfortunate" has happened......

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2016
ChangeHolder:
PamelaB, Pls don't end this story dating Ken, it will sow an eternal seed of discord in that family and crippled your earlier literati ingenuity. It has to be Gospel, or you reconcile with an obviously sob Hilary or someone else entirely. Don't make the closing part of this epic story too predictable by returning to date Ken. You don't have to practically date every man u encounter in this journey. You could even blank out and cease dating till another date maybe after school. You have a good story and it will make a decent movie. I hope we will talk about this sometime. I seldom comment on Nairaland buh had to break this rule for your outright excellence.
why not wait till the story ends? You're trying to tell me wat to write in my story and I don't like it. Like I had earlier said,this story already ended and I'm just sharing it here. I'm going to write it the way it happened. If you ain't okay with the way it will end(whenever it ends),you can now say what you thought or thinking. All the same,thanks for commenting

5 Likes

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 7:50am On Aug 21, 2016
A week and three days after I was discharged,Nenye regained consciousness. I was the happiest person on earth that day. I had gone to school and was about boarding a cab home when Kamsi called,asking me to rush to the hospital. I got there and everyone was there;Ted,Ken,Mum,Gospel, Kamsi and hmmm,Hillary.
Nenye looked so happy. I embraced her in a warm hug that lasted for eternity. The atmosphere was peaceful and everyone had smiles on their faces.

Immediately I got the chance,I pulled Kamsi out of the room and began interrogating her;

Me: What is that cheat doing here?

Kamsi: Calm down joor. He's here to see your sister.

Me: Who asked him to come?

Kamsi: The same person who brought him to see you while you were unconscious last two weeks.

Me: He came here?

Kamsi: Yes.

Me: And who is that person? I'm sure it's Gospel.

Kamsi: Nope. Ken.

Me: Ken?

Kamsi: See babe, this guy is really sorry. While you were here,he's magically worked himself back into our lives. He really regrets what happened. You know we women can be devils sometimes. Rose wanted him and he couldn't resist her because he's being without a woman for long. Try to understand how this thing works.

Me: You're preaching me now,for him?

Kamsi: It's not preaching. It's the fact. I know how much you love this guy,I saw it in your eyes when you came in here. Don't let a single mistake ruin your chance to a perfect relationship.

Me: It wasn't a single mistake Kammy. He did it twice.

Kamsi: Don't be this difficult Amy,don't loose this guy.

She walked out and left me to think about it. I heaved a sigh and sat down on a chair in the corridor. Ken came immediately and joined me.

Ken: How was school today?

Me: Was fine. Though there was nothing serious done today.

Ken: Okay. You look so different. Any problem?

I looked at him,how will I tell him that he's my problem since he's the one who brought Hillary to the hospital.

Me: I'm fine.

Ken: So now that your sister is fine,you'll have time to spend with me right?

Me: Of course.

Ken: Thanks. How about dinner in my apartment tonight? I want to make a special delicacy that I learnt from YouTube. You in?

Me: Why not? I love tasting new and interesting delicacies. Hope it'll be worth my coming?

Ken: You should trust me.

Me: And do I come with Kamsi?

Ken: I mentioned it to her,but she said she's going out with Ted.

Me: Okay then. I'll be there. And hey,better finish up before I come cause I won't help with anything.

He threw his head back and laughed.

Ken; Okay. I knew you were a lazy girl. I'll be through before seven.

Me: Good for you.

Ken: Let's get back to the room. Mum was saying something before I came out.

And it happened that mum was saying that she already had a flight scheduled for five. She had a fashion show to attend in Dubai and from there,she'll leave for London to get more supplies. Gospel drove her home to pick her bags and head for the airport while we all remained at the hospital,cracking jokes and yabbing each other.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alone.. by JOSSYTEM(f): 8:00am On Aug 21, 2016
i can see Hillary invited for the dinner as well
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 8:20am On Aug 21, 2016
I forgot to wish you guys a happy Sunday.

The house looked so deserted. I was the only one in the big house. Kamsi had gone out with Ted immediately we came home,leaving me all alone. I sat down in my room to think about all that Kamsi had earlier said,despite all my trials,I failed to get Hillary out of my system. He was there like a stamp. But why won't I forgive him? Why is it so difficult for me to forgive him?

I put my thoughts together and hit the shower, letting the water run down my body and cool my nerves. I stayed longer than necessary because I gave a run down to what had being happening in my life. It would be wrong to let whatever forces that was following me to ruin my happiness. I would be stupid to let them win this time. I couldn't fight them all this years,I suffered and bore the pains alone. But now,I was going to fight it,no matter what it was.

I got out of the shower just in time to hear my phone ring. I picked it and listened.

Caller: Amy is that you?

Me: Yes it's me. Who am I speaking with?

Caller: Love.

Me: Love?

Caller: Yes. Give a new meaning to your life and try to work on bringing back people you've lost. It will help you in life. It will pave a way to greater height for you. Love is the ultimate,it's the greatest. He loves you,so love him back.

And the call was up. It was an unknown caller. I threw the phone to the bed and checked my wall clock. Few minutes to seven.
I dried my body and quickly put on a white bum pants with my favourite baggy polo. Of course I won't forget to take a selfie with whatever delicacy it was that Ken had prepared. I added a little make up to spice up my already beautiful face before stepping out of the house. The gateman came to me immediately and delivered a flower. Ahn Ahn,what's happening? The call,and now flowers? Before I could ask him questions,he was already going back to his duty post.

I shrugged and went into Ken's apartment. He was sitting in the sitting room with a frown. He saw me and sat up. I looked at the dinning,it was empty.

Me: Now,you've played me. And you think I'll be compensated with these flowers?

I flung the flower at him and he ducked.

Ken: Hey,calm down. it's not my fault. I couldn't do it. You know I'm not a good cook. Everything got burnt.

I went to the kitchen to confirm. It was a mess. There was an over baked chicken,a groundnut paste on a plate,grilled,sorry,pounded fish on the sink,a pepper paste mixed in half done groundnut. I don't know whatever he wanted to prepare but I started laughing. I turned back to go to him but he was there already.

Ken: Let me make it up to you.

Me: Forget it. I'll just pick my flower and go back to the house. Mr chef.

I started laughing again but stopped when I noticed he was still sad.

Me: Okay. Sorry for laughing.

Ken: Let me make it up to you. Go back and dress nicely. We'll eat out.

I'm easily deceived with eating out,especially with people who meant a lot to me.

Me: Fine. So long as you stop keeping a mean face. And you won't act awkward while we're at it. It will be more of a romantic date,agreed?

Ken: Anything for her majesty. And please,dress in your best. I want us to be the centre of attention while we're there.

Me: Hmmm. Give me thirty minutes then.

Ken: Okay your highness.

I giggled,picked my flower and left. I will tell him about how I felt for Hillary and ask him to help get us back together. It's only Ken who would do that for me because he's the only one who understands.

16 Likes

Re: Alone.. by Ikdbabie(f): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2016
I disagree with you Amy Ken won't help you get back with hillary rather he will help himself to woo you.
Re: Alone.. by Fedrams: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2016
Whao! An interesting story. I think nollywood will be interested in this story.

Am already in love with Amanda. Saw her in my dream.

Well done Pam
Re: Alone.. by InestimableJoy(f): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2016
An interesting fact about this story, is that you can't predict the next episode, each episode comes with a time bomb....
@Pamela, ability to keep your reader thrilled is a great talent...
Keep it up Dear.
I've never being so glued to my phone like this.
#suspensefilled#...

2 Likes

Re: Alone.. by zico70: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2016
Nice work of art.
Re: Alone.. by Destiny4fame(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2016
Hillary is going to propose ......that's just an assumption anyways.... thanks for the update
Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2016
princedami:

Lol. grin @group admin. Anyway, I was about replying and carrying out the task of dishing out popcorn na so that anti-spam bots *abi wetin them dey call am self* ban me o (my first ever tho). I finished serving the ban around 8pm tonight only to be served/slapped with another one. :@ >smiley I vex mail super mods, and the ban was lifted immediately. grin . But since I no fit do my job that night I chop the popcorn finish alone grin . I go bring tomorrow sha.

hehe see this guy ooo...u chop wetin.....na to relieve u of ur job sure pass. ....

guy u b comedian?
Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2016
ChangeHolder:
PamelaB, Pls don't end this story dating Ken, it will sow an eternal seed of discord in that family and crippled your earlier literati ingenuity. It has to be Gospel, or you reconcile with an obviously sob Hilary or someone else entirely. Don't make the closing part of this epic story too predictable by returning to date Ken. You don't have to practically date every man u encounter in this journey. You could even blank out and cease dating till another date maybe after school. You have a good story and it will make a decent movie. I hope we will talk about this sometime. I seldom comment on Nairaland buh had to break this rule for your outright excellence.

bro its a true life story lik she said so I dnt think there is need for a twist wat do u think
Re: Alone.. by princedami: 11:34am On Aug 21, 2016
yyugo6ixx:
@prin cedami...you shoulda mentioned me before I commented. But since the "unfortunate" has happened......

Lol. grin it vex me gan o. Thank goodness I don't have a sledge hammer I woulda broken the anti-spam bots head but since it's not in range my phone woulda suffered grin

Anyway, did you go to church?
Re: Alone.. by princedami: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2016
saxwizard:

hehe see this guy ooo...u chop wetin.....na to relieve u of ur job sure pass. ....

guy u b comedian?

Haba grin No nao. No do that one.

I'll see what I can do. smiley

*modified* Oya take use am chill small before the next update grin

2 Likes

Re: Alone.. by princedami: 11:51am On Aug 21, 2016
Viewing this topic: iamlynn(f), amyvals(f), rap53(m), aprilwise 2
guest(s)

Dear iamlynn , amyvals(f) a comment from you about the story or a compliment for the writer will be appreciated. Feel free. You must o.grin rap53 I know you do comment thanks. smiley aprilwise oya naa grin

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by princedami: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2016
V t t: peacynelson I know you're enjoying this...
Re: Alone.. by aprilwise(m): 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thanks for the updates. Am thinking ken might be in love with amanda.

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by callmeomotee33(f): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
That is wah am thinking also....
aprilwise:
Thanks for the updates. Am thinking ken might be in love with amanda.

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by Niwdog(m): 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
Anticipating the sex scene between ken and amanda
Re: Alone.. by Mykel4God(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
Niwdog:
Anticipating the sex scene between ken and amanda

shocked
Pervert!
Re: Alone.. by yyugo6ixx(f): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
Forgive me @princedami...I'm using one quack phone so I can't quote you and No, I didn't go to church. Me and Church dey like sworn enemies
Re: Alone.. by Nmaglit: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
I hop ken is nt trying to woo amanda or mayb he's trying to reconcile hillary n amanda
Re: Alone.. by maina942(f): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2016
Missing d next update lyk #kilode@Pamela more grease to ur elbow.
Re: Alone.. by FlordFlorez(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
Really unpredictable! Let the good work continues.
Re: Alone.. by princedami: 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
yyugo6ixx:
Forgive me @prince.dami...I'm using one quack phone so I can't quote you and No, I didn't go to church. Me and Church dey like sworn enemies

Oh! Which phone is it?

+ @bolder part tell me more

but I don't want to derail the thread.... Answer me there..
Re: Alone.. by BlindAngel: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
Then you are so very wrong.
Re: Alone.. by princedami: 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2016
maina942:
Missing d next update lyk #kilode@Pamela more grease to ur elbow.

Hmm.. Wow.. I see. I guess you registered just because of this story right? smiley all the same welcome on board.

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by princedami: 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2016
@BlindAngel who are you talking/referring to? shocked
Re: Alone.. by yyugo6ixx(f): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
@princedami....Lol! It's Realy No Biggie...nothing to make a fuss about. I haven't just found "THE" church
Re: Alone.. by princedami: 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2016
yyugo6ixx:
@princedam.i....Lol! It's Realy No Biggie...nothing to make a fuss about. I haven't just found "THE" church

Hmm.. Ok. If you say so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Reply)

The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / Almost Perfect#nlwriters / The Thomas....(a Family)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.