Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:11 PM

Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? (655 Views)

Which Governors Deserve To Be Jailed For Corruption After Tenure Expires? / Which Governors Can GEJ Rely Upon ? / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? by MT: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
Now that majority of the governors have jettisioned their state administrations, and rather prefer to channel all the state resources on the second term agenda, I feel we should start discussing which governor merit it and who does not.

I see it as a way of contributing our little quota towards the betterment of our nation, as the election is fast approaching.

Highly intellectual discourse please!. Let us try as much as possible not to get distracted from the topic by unnecessary argument and bickering. Respect other people's views pls.

Over to you !.
Re: Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2009
Not to be rude, but what is intellectual about this please? Why all these questions that at the end of the day benefit no one, not even those answering?
Re: Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? by canuck(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
At the risk of stating the obvious, Gov. Fashola, I guess. There's so much rave about the guy.
Re: Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? by MT: 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2009

@kobojunkie
Why all these questions that at the end of the day benefit no one

I understand how you feel, I feel the same somehow too, but we cannot leave our political terrains to some of these vagabonds in power. We can never be too sure the impact this thread could have. Let's play our roles and leave the rest.

As for my own contribution, I think I agree that Governor Fashola of Lagos State should be given another term, while Governor Alao Akala of Oyo State should be booted out. He simply does not deserve it going by monumental under-development in the state as well as repetitive looting of the state's treasury.
Re: Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? by Orilee9ice(m): 4:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
To the last contributor, i 1st and 2nd you on both motions, wink
Re: Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2009
How exactly does asking these questions help the political terrain in Nigeria?
Re: Second Term : Which Governors Deserve It ? by MT: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2009

@kobojunkie
How exactly does asking these questions help the political terrain in Nigeria?

It does in so many ways. It exposes these governors to people both within Nigeria and abroad. People can make an informed decision on who to vote for in the next election. People abroad are able to have a good grasp of the performances of these governors, and who know, they may be able to influence their folks back home. Besides, we are able to let off the steam inside of us, which ordinarily might be difficult to pass across to these governors. The governors themselves might be told by their aides how they fare among their people. Who says most of these people dont even read Nairaland ?. This thread might even become a political reference point as the campaign race hots up. You can never be too sure.

(1) (Reply)

Ibori: I’ll Produce Evidence Against Ribadu / Yar’adua Leaves Intensive Care; May Break Silence Friday / Detroit Terror Attack: Second Nigerian Arrested On Amsterdam Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.