Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF (16630 Views)

NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Which Governors Deserve To Be Jailed For Corruption After Tenure Expires? / Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by koruji(m): 3:13am On May 26, 2013
...tick tick tick...
Don't let me doubt your political sharpness on this forum
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by brixton: 5:13am On May 26, 2013
either of Shema or Yuguda for missing out as the original anointed canadidate

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by koruji(m): 5:25am On May 26, 2013
Plausible, but I disagree. Thanks for trying.
Even my answer is a guess - but I am hoping someone will reach the same conclusion as I did.

brixton: either of Shema or Yuguda for missing out as the original anointed candidate
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Rhino5dm: 5:27am On May 26, 2013
Cross Rivers and Delta States or Kaduna State.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by koruji(m): 5:59am On May 26, 2013
Okay, people. 3 governors that signed the "Akpabio" resolution for Jang voted against him.

I think the following three voted against Jang:
1. Jonah Jang (Plateau - PDP Party
2. Olusegun Mimiko (Ondo - Labour Party)Ibrahim Shema (Katsina - PDP Party)
3. Ibrahim Geidam (Yobe - ANPP Party now APC)

Here is my logic:
Jonah Jang: The man was said to have rejected being picked to replace the withdrawing two northern governors because of his age. He was forced to pick the form for the election only 1 hour before it happened. I think he wanted no part of GEJ's war with the NGF and decided to torpedo his own election.

[s]Olusegun Mimiko: Was put in exactly the same position as Jonah Jang, and followed the same path. I believe these two probably had a conversation where they decided to be no part of the NGF wars.[/s] Ibrahim Shema: Probably felt that the only reason both were asked to withdraw was to prevent him from winning - this will agree with brixton's suggestion above. Notice how he is the only one to not include his state in the document below (he probably provided only what was necessary because he could care less).

Ibrahim Geidam: This governor just found out that GEJ deceived them when he declared the state of emergency by pretending that they will continue to fulfill their "constitutional duties" - only to find out that all they will be able to do is collect their salary. He is also part of the ANPP/APC alliance.

[size=14pt]All in all, since GEJ refused to acknowledge signing a one-term agreement with the northern politicians the signatures in the letter below are also null and void. They did him a big favor by not making all northern governors vote against Jonah Jang. It is a warning shot for 2015.[/size]

If you do not see my logic, notice that the person behind the withdrawal of the two northern governors and drafting of Jang was Aliyu - the man who first revealed to us and promised to publish the agreement GEJ signed promising to go for only one term.

Okay let's hear more suggestions !!!

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by rooftech: 6:03am On May 26, 2013
i know.the one from south south making the most noise. if you know his antecedents
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by koruji(m): 6:14am On May 26, 2013
You mean Akpabio probably torpedoed GEJ's design here.
That would be a real "et tu Brutus" right there.

rooftech: i know.the one from south south making the most noise. if you know his antecedents

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by koruji(m): 6:20am On May 26, 2013

Governors forum’s delegation visits Chime in London.

When the going was good they went looking for another missing governor together. Introduce a little largesse from GEJ into Akpabio's pocket, and the two "jet" governors (Amaechi and Akpabio) become sworn enemies.

4 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by emiye(m): 6:48am On May 26, 2013
of the 35 governors that voted, 23 (pdp) 6 (acn) 2 (apga) 2(anpp) 1 (cpc) 1 (labour)

yobe state gov.(anpp) was absent.

of the 19 votes for amaechi, 10 came from the opposition states, 9 from pdp).
My own belief of Pdp govs that voted for amaechi, (kano, niger, kwara, rivers, adamawa, kogi, enugu, ebonyi, crossriver)

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Caseless: 8:07am On May 26, 2013
1.I'm sure all apc members, rochas inclusive, voted against jang.

2. Babangida aliyu, sule lamido, kwankwaso, nyako , wamako and taraba state gov(even dou in jang's camp by association, but was not with them in vote), i'm sure they voted against jang.

NB:Taraba state gov wil not forgive jang for being d person that incited his pple against d hausas of jos north that led to d destruction of all he( now taraba gov) ever worked for and later relocated to gombe, then taraba before luck shone his way by being handpicked by the then taraba state gov, suntai, to deputise him.

Na so i see am oooo....
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by nuclearboy(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2013
Whoever or whichever it is, matters little!

What really matters is that most voted for Jang but will turn against Jonathan at the "right time" - as Koruji said, this election was to give a false impression of "support" for someone who is mostly detested across the land right now.

To avoid suspicion, those who have been most verbose voted against whist the true GEJ look alikes (who wait till you are down then tread upon you) will bide their time and mirror to him what he did to the north at the right time.

My only concern is that GEJ is setting up the SS for a real fall. He has deployed a SoE in a specific manner and with Dokubo's noise etc, when the night of the long knives comes, (and those thugs try to cause problems) the next president already has a precedent set by their own son to do same to the SS (searching for weapons and disarming them)

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by PallyG(m): 9:09am On May 26, 2013
BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA.... I CHOOSE 'APC'

3 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Nobody: 9:12am On May 26, 2013
any list without delta is not correct..emmanuel uduaghan will not support the emmergence of jonathan in 2015..its a risk for him cos he is supposedly meant to be with his cousin in a london prison and GEJ still wants that.

2 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by UYCO: 9:31am On May 26, 2013
@Chucks 01, Pls don't drag the name of Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan into the NGF problem. Uduaghans major focus now is how to give the good people of Delta State the dividends of democracy. He is neither contesting for presidency in 2015 nor going back for second term. Be aware that we the people of Delta State are solidly behind our governor and we could care less about the presidency because the only government we know that is existing is the state government

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by ITbomb(m): 9:43am On May 26, 2013
I am thinking of Imoke , despite his loyalty to GEJ , that man might go at any means to rubbish Akpabio due to oil well issues.
Remember if this had work out , it would have been a big elevation of Akpabio on the political engineering of GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Nobody: 10:06am On May 26, 2013
@Koruji,

Ibrahim Shema is definitely one, but it is anyone's guess who the other two were.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Nobody: 10:16am On May 26, 2013
NGF CHAIRMANSHIP ELECTION How Jonathan Shot Himself in the Foot

President Goodluck Jonathan’s design to install a chairman for Nigerian Governors’ Forum failed at the weekend because of suspected protest votes from angry governors who detested the president’s decision to switch his support from Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State to Governor Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State without properly communicating the change to his supporters.

An insider in the whole affair told Sunday Trust that “for about two months, the President had told Governor Shema to stand against Governor Amaechi as chairman of the NGF. The Katsina State governor has been campaigning and preparing his mind to assume that position. However, about a week ago, Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State called Yuguda and told him that Yuguda had become the president’s choice, and that he should prepare to stand for the election against Amaechi.”

[b]Our reporter learnt that at a meeting of northern governors at about 11.00am last Friday, Governor Shema was asked to step down for Yuguda, but he refused, claiming that if the president didn’t want him to stand for the election, Jonathan should have informed him personally, and not through another governor. Feeling very bitter, the Katsina State governor rejected all entreaties from northern governors for him to step down for Yuguda.

Sunday Trust learnt further that at about 3.00pm last Friday, when the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors met to finalise their plot ahead of the election, the governors were shocked at what happened. Governor Akpabio was said to have put his hand into his pocket and brought out a paper, claiming that President Jonathan had written the letter to him, saying neither Yuguda nor Shema was his candidate. According to Akpabio, the president, before he travelled to Addis Ababa for the African Union (AU) summit, had decided that Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State should be the person to stand against Amaechi at the election.
[/b]

“Northern governors were confused and angry at the development,” the insider confided in Sunday Trust. “You know, it’s not all northern governors who would support Governor Jang’s candidature, and that was why, though 19 of the governors signed the document claiming to support Jonathan’s candidate, at the polls, about three of them reneged and may have voted for Governor Amaechi.”

The document, Sunday Trust learnt last night, was not signed at the weekend. “It was signed last Thursday at the Economic Council Meeting in order to give an assurance to President Jonathan that his own candidate would carry the day,” an insider told our reporter.

During the election, it was clear that most opposition governors, especially those of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), voted for Governor Amaechi. Also, from the list circulated by Governor Akpabio, it was apparent that northern governors like Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State, Sule Lamido of Jigawa State, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State, Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto State, Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, though of the PDP, did not support the candidature of Jonah Jang and may not have voted for him.

This may not be unconnected with the cold war between some of these governors and President Jonathan over a purported agreement signed in 2010, in which Jonathan was said to have vowed not to seek re-election in 2015. At least, Governor Babangida Aliyu had severally claimed that there is a subsisting agreement on the issue and that Jonathan could not go against it.

Secondly, Governor Nyako may still have his grudges against The Presidency over the way the executive of the party loyal to him in Adamawa State was sacked and a team loyal to PDP’s National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has been put in its place.

With that singular action, Nyako has lost control of the party in his state. There are fears that this treatment could be meted out to several other PDP governors who oppose Jonathan’s ambition, ahead of the 2015 polls. Already, in Rivers State, the party’s executive loyal to Governor Amaechi has been removed. It has been replaced a team that supports Jonathan’s loyalist and Minister of State for Education, Mr Nyesom Wike.

Source

2 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Gbawe: 10:27am On May 26, 2013
GEJ, inevitably, is fighting a losing battle. Sometimes, I cannot believe how crudely divisive, openly Machiavellian and callously opportunistic the man is. Pride goes before a fall and a big fall awaits GEJ.

5 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by talktimi(m): 10:57am On May 26, 2013
Vichieneh: hey ladies, guys..in fact my Nigerian community, today, we have the opportunity in our hands to bring change. VOTE FOR YOUR COUNTRY in the miss African pagent. She plans to set up a charity in Nigeria for breast cancer. The pageant company will take this on if she wins the contest. We need modern and high tech equipment to help Nigeria like the First world countries. YOUR VOTE COUNTS. We have always been strong regardless of our economic and political problems. WE CAN DO IT AGAIN, WE CAN MAKE THE CHANGE WE WANT.

[b][/b]Please visit the link below and click on the fifth star to vote for her.

http://www.missafricaunitedstates.com/portfolio/nigeria-kathy-onwu/
are you nuts ? How dare you derail a perfectly interesting thread with an irrelevant beauty pargeant bulls#it.... FAAACK

2 Likes

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by takedat(m): 11:28am On May 26, 2013
Kwara State governor, though he assumes a pro-GEJ posture certainly voted for Amaechi. His godfather Bukola Saraki is a close ally of Amaechi and he paved the way for the emergence of Amaechi after his tenure as the chairman of NGF, also Saraki doesn't seem to be in the camp of GEJ. He surely most have influenced his godson to support Amaechi!

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Nobody: 11:50am On May 26, 2013
2 from SOE states.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by dedons: 12:13pm On May 26, 2013
If you ask me
na who i go ask
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by duwdu: 12:26pm On May 26, 2013
nuclearboy: Whoever or whichever it is, matters little!

What really matters is that most voted for Jang but will turn against Jonathan at the "right time" - as Koruji said, this election was to give a false impression of "support" for someone who is mostly detested across the land right now.

To avoid suspicion, those who have been most verbose voted against whist the true GEJ look alikes (who wait till you are down then tread upon you) will bide their time and mirror to him what he did to the north at the right time.

My only concern is that GEJ is setting up the SS for a real fall. He has deployed a SoE in a specific manner and with Dokubo's noise etc, when the night of the long knives comes, (and those thugs try to cause problems) the next president already has a precedent set by their own son to do same to the SS (searching for weapons and disarming them)

Whoa, this is the most thoughts provoking and complete post I've seen on this issue in a while...and it will probably come to pass. Hmm.

We'll done, nuclearboy.

P34c3
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by duwdu: 12:33pm On May 26, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source

http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/13197-how-jonathan-shot-himself-in-the-foot/

Those that have ears, let them pay attention to this view/treatise from the North.

A word is enough for the wise, and there's limited time, actually.

P34c3
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by deletrue: 12:40pm On May 26, 2013
chuks01: any list without delta is not correct..emmanuel uduaghan will not support the emmergence of jonathan in 2015..its a risk for him cos he is supposedly meant to be with his cousin in a london prison and GEJ still wants that.
you are very correct. If you place Udeaghan and Amaechi as 2015 worst enemies to jona, is Udeaghan. udeaghan pretend to high heaven but will definitely vote against jona. When i was working in delta then, i knew those people who were very sectional, highly uncooperative with others, feels far superior to others and were always sidelining other ethnic groups, coupled with Ibori's case, Udeaghan is worst than Ameachi. Therefore will and may have voted against Jong.

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by OperaMini1(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2013
Pls what does this Governors forum do differently? What on earth is the essence of the forum? How does this so called NGF guarantee good governance in the various states?
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by DanIlon(m): 1:34pm On May 26, 2013
Pdp is like Bull war to shake earth rise Red dust while bull is fight
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by lekanolas: 1:36pm On May 26, 2013
Read how the governors voted here:

NGF election: Video shows how Governors voted

Video recording of Friday’s Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) election exclusively obtained by Sunday Mirror has revealed what transpired during the poll.

The election which has led to a cleavage in the Forum with a faction being led by Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, and the pro-Jonathan camp led by the Plateau State Governor, Jonah Jang, shows clearly that all 35 governors at the meeting were in full agreement during the conduct of the poll, the counting of the results and the decision to announce the outcome of the election to the public.

From the video which was recorded by one of the governors with his smart phone, Sunday Mirror observed that all the governors sat in a boardroom of the Rivers State Governor’s lodge where the election was held.
When the counting of votes began, from the video recording, the expectation was that Jang would win because the ballots that were initially picked were all in his favour.

This made one of the governors present to jocularlycomment, ‘Jang in earl lead’. It eventually turned out that he had only 16 votes. After the counting of votes, the DG was heard clearly saying, “it’s obvious that Rotimi Amaechi had won and all the governors in attendance agreed and a decision was thereafter taken by all those present to go out and announce the result to waiting journalists. This was eventually done by Okauru.

Continue reading from here: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ngf-election-video-shows-how-governors-voted/

1 Like

Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by daywatcher: 1:43pm On May 26, 2013
e no go better for all off them. How % of Nigerians in living in Nigeria are aware of this election?
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:53pm On May 26, 2013
I don't care who's against or for Gudlack.
Good governance is needed in this Nation.
Re: Which Governors Turned Against GEJ's Candidate At The NGF by Mylove55(f): 2:03pm On May 26, 2013
emiye: of the 35 governors that voted, 23 (pdp) 6 (acn) 2 (apga) 2(anpp) 1 (cpc) 1 (labour)

yobe state gov.(anpp) was absent.

of the 19 votes for amaechi, 10 came from the opposition states, 9 from pdp).
My own belief of Pdp govs that voted for amaechi, (kano, niger, kwara, rivers, adamawa, kogi, enugu, ebonyi, crossriver)
u try,but not correct.D 9 pdp dat vote are river,adamawa,kano,niger,sokoto,jigawa,kebbi,kwara.either delta or cross river.read thisday of may 25.national mirror added enugu and ebonyi which in my own view i don't think enugu and ebonyi can change their mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP National Caretaker Committee Takes Over Following Handover Ceremony. Photos / IGP, Police Commission Clash Over Recruitment Notice / Nkeiru Onyejeocha Defects From PDP To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.