Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,812 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:46 PM

Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power (2557 Views)

EFCC Insists On Power To Intervene In Innoson, Gtbank Dispute / PMB Shocked After Finding Out Yusuf Spent N114m On Power Bikes (details) / Obiano And Fashola On Inspection Of 2nd Niger Bridge & Federal Roads- Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by ayokellany: 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
hero2000:

I doubt you read a quarter of the piece but here you are showing your dislike for intellectual reasoning. It is like a child who cries (or wails!) to mummy that he wants to eat and mummy says the gas just finished and that she would go and buy kerosene to complete the cooking. The little child most likely not understand that 'epistle'. All the child wants is food! Whether the mum has to cut his hand for him to eat he doesn't give a damn!
Many Nigerians are like that baby. The don't understand process. They think results are magic. Why won't they think like that? Some of them had their Final year Long Essay(project) written by 'consultants'. They have not yet developed the power of intellectual rigour to get things done. Hence they can't show empathy to anyone doing the same.
Fashola, to me, is a presidential material.

Was that the way Fashola or you could not understand the way your mother needed to get gas when Jonathan initiated the power generation plant in Edo and the dams revamp he embarked upon before foolishly declaring that power generation is not rocket science ?

Lots of you APC supporter amuse me with varying degree of senselessness when arguing things of basic intelligence you fought Jonathan for. Imagine defending a minister that could not sustain the over 4KMW the clueless one achieved with relative ease and before lamenting over pipeline sabotage I do not care. The minister should just do it.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by bishopkay: 12:22am On Jul 19, 2016
Mylove55:
na wa oo, ipod yoot are just too lazy to read, fashola said gej sold ipod power to two buyers, that is corruption, and d matter has be resolve, thanks to fashola

Shey na d only tin wen ur eye catch be that na abi GEJ as usual. Abeg make Oga rocket science make things work abeg; who excuse and explanation help? Also it's funny how you guys tag anyone with a contrasting view of things ipod yoot...Lol.
Get a life dude...no be only Igbo people dey criticise una sheriff government u hear

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by therealMcCain: 5:35am On Jul 19, 2016
hero2000:

I doubt you read a quarter of the piece but here you are showing your dislike for intellectual reasoning. It is like a child who cries (or wails!) to mummy that he wants to eat and mummy says the gas just finished and that she would go and buy kerosene to complete the cooking. The little child most likely not understand that 'epistle'. All the child wants is food! Whether the mum has to cut his hand for him to eat he doesn't give a damn!

I love your analogy, before I stumbled on this piece, I had a falling out with someone on Twitter, asking him what has been dobe about power

He directed me to this piece, I then understood the enormity of the problems.

There is also a 2010 power roadmap, I will read that & out up my thoughts too(it's over 150pages),

Nigerians don't like the word process, they want quick fix.

As I stated earlier, even if they genco's generate 12,000MW how do you transmit it when our national grid can't take more than 5,000MW?

The national grid can't be upgraded within a year. Some industrial quipments take nothing less than 7months-1yr to procure & deliver

I just tire, my major grouse is the DISCO's that are ripping is off

1 Like

Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by hero2000: 7:03am On Jul 19, 2016
therealMcCain:

I love your analogy, before I stumbled on this piece, I had a falling out with someone on Twitter, asking him what has been dobe about power

He directed me to this piece, I then understood the enormity of the problems.

There is also a 2010 power roadmap, I will read that & out up my thoughts too(it's over 150pages),

Nigerians don't like the word process, they want quick fix.

As I stated earlier, even if they genco's generate 12,000MW how do you transmit it when our national grid can't take more than 5,000MW?

The national grid can't be upgraded within a year. Some industrial quipments take nothing less than 7months-1yr to procure & deliver

I just tire, my major grouse is the DISCO's that are ripping is off

I agree with you on the DISCO thing. Prepaid meters must be given to everyone to avoid the exploitation.

But our people too may start by-passing. Nevertheless, it is the responsibility of DISCO to device a technique to identify by-passers.
Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by hero2000: 7:19am On Jul 19, 2016
bishopkay:

gringrin Sorry to ruffle your feathers but I doubt you could comprehend what I wrote there.
Over the years in my business dealings, I've a simple principle...put your mouth where your money is. Fashola said a serious government should be able to solve power problems in six months. He further boasted of what he did in Lagos and peeps like you applauded him.

Fast forward to over six months since getting the portfolio of the power ministry and we are even worse off than before he took over. Excuses, excuses and more excuses. Is he indirectly telling us the Buhari government isn't serious?

About you thinking Fashola is presidential material, that's your own opinion and you are entitled to it. I actually thought in that light too one certain time until he went about maintaining websites for 175 million naira.
Also for your information, I read more than QUARTER of the original post. #peace

I doubt you reside in Lagos.

But to the main issue, I agree with you that Fashola didn't understand the power sector and that was the reason he said all the things he said. But now that he understands he attempts to let Nigerians know the real situation of things and that these things take time. But is it not that because of your dislike for him you refuse to see the factual nature of the situation? I am glad you didn't contradict any of his facts. Whether you like Fashola or not facts are facts. Eg. TCN cannot yet transmit more than 5000MW but they are working on it. Thanks to NDA they work will take longer than it is planned.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by bishopkay: 10:25am On Jul 19, 2016
hero2000:

I doubt you reside in Lagos.

But to the main issue, I agree with you that Fashola didn't understand the power sector and that was the reason he said all the things he said. But now that he understands he attempts to let Nigerians know the real situation of things and that these things take time. But is it not that because of your dislike for him you refuse to see the factual nature of the situation? I am glad you didn't contradict any of his facts. Whether you like Fashola or not facts are facts. Eg. TCN cannot yet transmit more than 5000MW but they are working on it. Thanks to NDA they work will take longer than it is planned.
I don't stay in Lagos...I only visit. Then we finally agree on something wink grin grin Fashola was garrulous and that's why people don't want to hear any of his explanation. If you check the stats, hope for power has never been this high on any minister of power before fashola because he said he could do it and was given the job.
I don't hate Fashola I just hate it when people think they know all. I pray for him to succeed even though I know it will be like a camel passing through the eye of a needle because the problems are not yesterday's problems...they are accumulated problems right from when Obasanjo spent 16 billion Dollars and couldn't add to our national grid.
Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by therealMcCain: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2016
hero2000:

I agree with you on the DISCO thing. Prepaid meters must be given to everyone to avoid the exploitation.

But our people too may start by-passing. Nevertheless, it is the responsibility of DISCO to device a technique to identify by-passers.

I Mean its crazy, you give outrageous bills & at the same time you make it difficult for folks to get paid meters

As for bypass, there should be strict penalty for defaulters, hefty fine or imprisonment.

There are some prepaid that are mounted on the electric pole, what is mounted in-house is d key pad? I don't know if that can be bypassed, I saw it being used in Abuja

DISCO's are ripping us off!!

Go thru this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3227574/stressful-procedure-acquiring-prepaid-meters
Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by KINGwax007(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2016
Firefire:
Story for the gods.

Minister of Darkness and Rocket Science, give Nigerians stable power or resign to enjoy your loots...

Over hyped element.
tell us what ur dad achieved for his community
Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by Firefire(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
KINGwax007:
tell us what ur dad achieved for his community

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, can you please do justice ? Violation of Rule - 2.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by jpphilips(m): 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
Mr Fashola, the biggest mistake you made in the power sector is increasing tariff without mandating the power companies to provide meters.
That incompetence will prove in the end you have no idea how the power game is played. How can you a Fashola not have public complaints units for all the zones as a regulator in such a sensitive ministry and you say you are doing things differently, Nnaji had more results in a shorter time with less stories, better bring him back and hold on to works ministry alone, power is just not your calling as it totally belongs to God
Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by harveyspec: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
jpphilips:
Mr Fashola, the biggest mistake you made in the power sector is increasing tariff without mandating the power companies to provide meters.
That incompetence will prove in the end you have no idea how the power game is played. How can you a Fashola not have public complaints units for all the zones as a regulator in such a sensitive ministry and you say you are doing things differently, Nnaji had more results in a shorter time with less stories, better bring him back and hold on to works ministry alone, power is just not your calling as it totally belongs to God

there are customer complaints in each zone, there are NERC forums in most states, if not all

the issue is nothing seems to be working!

you make complaints at the disco office, you are supposed to escalate to NERC, if not resolved satisfactorily

you go through all of this & yet nothing is done about your complaints.

there are wonderful rights of the consumer on paper, on ground, it's a far cry

has NERC been bought over by the DISCO's?
Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by jpphilips(m): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2016
harveyspec:

there are customer complaints in each zone, there are NERC forums in most states, if not all

the issue is nothing seems to be working!

you make complaints at the disco office, you are supposed to escalate to NERC, if not resolved satisfactorily

you go through all of this & yet nothing is done about your complaints.

there are wonderful rights of the consumer on paper, on ground, it's a far cry

has NERC been bought over by the DISCO's?

Can you guess know how electricity supply will change if Fashola reforms just NERC and metering alone? the problem I have with clowns like Fashola is that they seem to be in the same party with the president but they have no idea how Buhari thinks, when Buhari was telling us about change, we all knew his idea of change is pursuing thieves, he is actually relying on numbskulls like fashola to bring about their technocrat experience for the "other change" oblivious that Fashola himself has no clue.
PHED can not spend 100k to fix anything in any transformer in my neighborhood, we have to contribute for everything, yet Fashola had the temerity to grant them new tariff without providing meters.
they extort you through estimated billing and allow your sub station to decay because they have absolutely nothing to lose,
How is it difficult to give everyone a meter? if you don't fix the damn transformer, you will have no revenue, that way you will understand that the reason most places are in darkness is because the power companies have nothing to lose.
the thunder that will Fire Fashola is still on road walk!!
Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by KINGwax007(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
Firefire:

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, can you please do justice ? Violation of Rule - 2.

Thank you.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Shey question don become insult ni?

grin grin grin grin

Kid...

"Teacher, come and see KINGwax o. He is abusing me"... grin grin

Yeye
Re: Read This Before You Criticize Fashola On Power by harveyspec: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
jpphilips:

Can you guess know how electricity supply will change if Fashola reforms just NERC and metering alone? the problem I have with clowns like Fashola is that they seem to be in the same party with the president but they have no idea how Buhari thinks, when Buhari was telling us about change, we all knew his idea of change is pursuing thieves, he is actually relying on numbskulls like fashola to bring about their technocrat experience for the "other change" oblivious that Fashola himself has no clue.
PHED can not spend 100k to fix anything in any transformer in my neighborhood, we have to contribute for everything, yet Fashola had the temerity to grant them new tariff without providing meters.
they extort you through estimated billing and allow your sub station to decay because they have absolutely nothing to lose,
How is it difficult to give everyone a meter? if you don't fix the damn transformer, you will have no revenue, that way you will understand that the reason most places are in darkness is because the power companies have nothing to lose.
the thunder that will Fire Fashola is still on road walk!!

the most painful part of after parting with your hard earned 39k for single phase meter, they will still delay in giving you that meter. that's a meter they were supposed to come put in your house for free

sometimes you will get it a year after payment!

NERC has an approved list of Meter vendors they are to procure from, I'm sure the DISCO's are making orders without paying upfront inspite of the fact that consumers have paid for it

I need to go read the act establishing NERC, let me see what powers they were granted

the national assembly will not see this area o, if it's about immunity & allowance, they become ferocious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafran Shoemaker & Designer Requests For President Buhari's Size (photos) / . / Royal Picture Of The King Of Nigeria Ademusiwa In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.