Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed (2442 Views)

U.S. Reveals Identities Of 6 Nigerian Nationals Who Stole $6 Million / Heartbreaking Photos Of The 55 People Killed In The Kasuwa Magani Riot In Kaduna / SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by mackay37(m): 7:02am On Oct 08, 2017
•Buhari’s adviser asks Patience Jonathan to come clean

Information and Culture Minister Lai Mohammed says 55 people may have stolen about $6.2 billion public funds from the country.

He gave no names of the culprits, listing only projects which government could have executed with a third of the funds, if recovered.

Mohammed spoke on an Al Jazeera as part of a feature on the vast properties acquired in the UK with stolen funds by Nigerians.

According to the minister, $2.06billion of the alleged stolen funds would have built 600 kilometres of roads, 37 hospitals, 20,000 housing units and trained 4000 kids from primary to university level.

The corruption problem was also the subject of discussion on the Facebook wall of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Assistant on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie yesterday.

Onochie aimed darts at former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan and ex-Petroleum Affairs Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke for what she called their weird demands.

Her words: “It’s the season of weird demands. Recently, Nigerians were assaulted by the demand by the wife of the former President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience Jonathan, asking President Muhammadu Buhari to “Tell EFCC to leave her alone.”

“Fat chance! EFCC is an institution, not an adulterous man running after someone else’s wife. “So, woman to woman, I asked her to look inwards. Patience should wear the sort of aura that dispels, rather than attracts law enforcement agencies.

“She can start by being honest and coming clean, regarding everything – cash, properties, etc., that were ill-acquired. Then hand them back to the rightful owners. Yes, back to Nigerians via the EFCC.

“You see, EFCC, ICPC, DSS, CCT, all follow the smell of crimes. If she does not have suspicions of criminal activities oozing and buzzing from and around her, there’s no way she’ll be dragging President Buhari to commit impunity by ordering EFCC to leave you alone.

“But there again, she’s been busy swatting the bees, she had no time to see that her husband’s reign of impunity, ended many moons ago.

“But that’s not the end of the story. And then, there’s Diezani Alison- Madueke.

“She too, wants something. She wants to return home. Remember she’s in the UK for medical purposes. Remember the photoshopped images her image launderer plastered all over the tabloid and the Social Media?

“Diezani is over 18 years old. That makes her an adult. She dusted her passport and flew out of this country, Nigeria.

“She had concluded plans to run off to a Caribbean Island to live off the blood money she stole, not hauled from the poorest and the most vulnerable citizens of this nation.

“She had no idea that she had become attractive to the British authorities, and had been in their view since 2013.

” You see, these women, who own choice properties and obese bank accounts they do not need, across the world including Nigeria, had the best of opportunities to improve the lives of Nigerians, especially those who suffer health hazards from environmental degradation in the bowels of the Niger Delta where these two come from.

“If they cared not about their immediate environment, why would they bat an eyelid that environmental issues in the Lake Chad Basin were fuelling Boko Haram.

“The adage that what a man can do a woman can do better, has never been proven more by anyone than Diezani Madueke.

“The forfeitures the Nigerian people have been awarded against Diezani, the pending and on-going corruption investigations and cases, are a testimony that this woman, who was elevated to the status of a goddess by ex-President Jonathan, has cases to answer, from UK to USA, Italy to the Caribbean.

“Why Mrs Madueke suddenly developed an urge to return home, is not clear. But many Nigerians think it’s not unconnected to the perceived cash and carry criminal justice system in Nigeria.

“But she’s probably not aware that the Chief Justice of the Federation, Justice Onnoghen, has vowed to clean up the judiciary.

“But there might be those judges who would be tempted by the mouth watering inducement that flows from the bottomless pit of Diezani Madueke’s haulage.

“May I remind Mrs. Madueke that a certain (Rtd) Admiral Alison-Madueke, warned President Muhammadu Buhari to leave his wife alone. May I also remind Diezani that Nigerians assume that she is that wife that the retired naval officer warned the President about.

“Now that she has been left alone, if she needs to return to Nigeria, she will also need her husband to threaten President Buhari to come after her, Hahahahaha…

“Dear Sis, in the meantime, you should make yourself comfortable in the UK. Attend to your criminal trials going on there. When found guilty, happily serve your jail term because it’s just the beginning.

“Then when you are done, repeat the same process in America and then in Italy. If you are still alive by then, you should then be retired to Nigeria, to begin the same process that will ultimately lead you to your retirement home. You have a choice between Kirikiri and Kuje, among other prisons. Till then, it’s Goodbye Diezani. You aren’t coming home soon!”

http://thenationonlineng.net/corruption-55-people-stole-6-2bn-lai-mohammed/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Eratosthenes(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2017
Enough of this jare.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by ahnaija: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2017
fff
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Aphrygian(m): 7:05am On Oct 08, 2017
Buh only maalu abi whats the name of that NNPC boss stole 26billion$. Abeg uncle lai should go and learn nee line oooo, this line is overused already and its stale, good nigerians have seen that the anti corruftion charade is nothing buh a mirage. AWON SMELLO

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by NigerDeltan(m): 7:05am On Oct 08, 2017
grin

But one person just stole $25bn nah!

5 Likes

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2017
But this $26billion, how many people stole it?

6 Likes

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by clevvermind(m): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2017
PLEASE CALL THEIR NAMES OR SHUT UP.

6 Likes

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by omenka(m): 7:12am On Oct 08, 2017
Tolexander:
No one said it's missing. Kachikwu never said that. He only said contracts amounting to that were awarded without consulting him.

Wike et al are just trying to gain some cheap political traction by muddling facts up.

Meanwhile, LionDeLeo, you've got two weeks to fulfill your pledge. I just remembered sef. Found something I like. grin

1 Like

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by clevvermind(m): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2017
THEY WANT TO LOOK FOR WHO TO BLAME FOR THEIR FAILURES NOW O.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by potipher7: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:
No one said it's missing. Kachikwu never said that. He only said contracts amounting to that were awarded without consulting him.

Wike et al are just trying to gain some cheap political traction by muddling facts up.

Meanwhile, LionDeLeo, you've got two weeks to fulfill your pledge. I just remembered sef. Found something I like. grin
welcome back mon ami

trying hard to justify the illiterate terrorist Daura President gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla mumuhamado mumuharii

what a bloody old man cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by luvinhubby(m): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2017
Useless set of clowns that hoodwinked 15 million childish-adults to vote them in to come mismanage a country that was on the upward movement.

God punish all those lying APC leaders that plunged this nation into a season impoverished suffering.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by potipher7: 7:16am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka is back
let the fun continue
may the blood never cease to flow
and the party never ends grin

omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka omenka
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by zombieHUNTER: 7:22am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:

That's not a strong defense
If I was the one bankrolling your paycheck to defend my interests on social media and you come up with this moronic post..... I will have you fired...

Anyways everyone in this regime is a dunce...
A look at lai muhhamed and his unscripted utterances will convince you

6 Likes

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 7:23am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:

We all understand the major way how money leaves the state's accounts, only to end up in the politicians' pocket/account. Not really by withdrawing the funds, but through illicit contracts awarded to their croons and goons and kick backs from the contractors.

Acting on the content of the letter would have been the most precious thing to do, and wash clean the government. Instead of inviting the writer of the letter for a brief private meeting, which no one knows what they discussed, either Kachikwu was pacified or intimidated to shut up cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:25am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:

@the bolded, that's not the truth. contract worth $26bn was awarded without consulting him and nothing to show for that contract. Baru cannot point to just one single thing that the money was spent on. if you claimed to buy a car, after all we should be able to see the car. Why can't Baru show us what the money were spent on. grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by zombieHUNTER: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2017
clevvermind:
PLEASE CALL THEIR NAMES OR SHUT UP.

There are no names...
This is how APC came to power
Through slander and propaganda
But unfortunately.... They still think they are in the opposition till date...
Same lame excuses.... No fulfilment of any campaign promises... Insecurity... Hunger... Unemployment... Detoriating health and educational sectors everywhere..

It's been more than two years in office
Same old story... They stole this and that
Who is preventing them to be prosecuted and jailed...
All this media hogwash is directed at the zombies who are as gullible as they come... Just to give them something to chew on as time passes

3 Likes

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Omeokachie: 7:46am On Oct 08, 2017
" According to the minister, $2.06billion of the alleged stolen funds would have built 600 kilometres of roads, 37 hospitals, 20,000 housing units and trained 4000 kids from primary to university level."

Lai did not give a breakdown of what we could have done with $25b!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:51am On Oct 08, 2017
How many people stole 26Biliion dollars?
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by FrankGiel: 7:53am On Oct 08, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:

@the bolded, that's not the truth. contract worth $26bn was awarded without consulting him and nothing to show for that contract. Baru cannot point to just one single thing that the money was spent on. if you claimed to buy a car, after all we should be able to see the car. Why can't Baru show us what the money were spent on. grin grin grin
incorrect! 26Bn dollars was approved by the FEc of which kachikwu is a part of.. his major grievance is, he should have been briefed before reaching the FEC.. But NNPC clause governing contracts doesn't support his claim. #NowUknow
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:

I dont give a damn abt our governments-past or present.

But 2.1b$ dasuki funds was for a contract, an approved contract to buy arms. 25b$ nnpc funds were fpr contracts that didnt even go through the right processes.

Dasuki is even more innocent in this- the utilized funds were approved by the president and all others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Paperwhite(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2017
Now tell us how many Nigerians are involved in the $26 billiin NNPC scandal.Stupid Lai Muhammed don come again.What have this liar said about the numerous corruption of APC appointees?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by MONITZ: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2017
Nd what about the $26 billion dollars Kachukwu petitioned Bihari on? How many people were involved in this heist?Funny old man...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by ivandragon: 8:00am On Oct 08, 2017
lol...

this regime seems to be more interested in hiring comedians to defend its confused administration.

Deziani stole. yes.

mama peace has some explaining to do. agreed.

but what about Buratai - his billion naira abuja mansion & his Dubai homes?

what about Kyari & sahara energy connection & mtn bribe?

what about Fayemi with his petitions with efcc?

what about Amaechi & his petitions with efcc?

what about the $4.2b that got 'missing' within the first 6 months of PMB's administration?

why hasn't babachir Lawal been subjected to the efcc treatment of arrest, detentions, media mudslinging, frozen accounts & seized properties?

how come budget padders where moved from budget office to cash office? is that a reward for budget padding?

why hasn't OBJ been probed over the $16b NIPP funds?

anyway, its because they still have a lot of gullible supporters to defend them which is why they can run their mouths...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:

Sure, I will get it.

How do I get the specifications of this watch?

I mean, the exact specifications, so that I don't end up with something else.

But not in two weeks oh! Planing to land Nov ending.

However, I have searched for Porsch design wristwatch, this is the only thing I have seen close to that and from the price, I could infer is not an acceptable alternative ~ too cheap (my guess though).

So I need exact specification.

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2017
FrankGiel:
incorrect! 26Bn dollars was approved by the FEc of which kachikwu is a part of.. his major grievance is, he should have been briefed before reaching the FEC.. But NNPC clause governing contracts doesn't support his claim. #NowUknow
false, try harder.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2017
[s]
Tolexander:
Hofbrauhaus:
How many people stole 26Biliion dollars?
Aphrygian:
Buh only maalu abi whats the name of that NNPC boss stole 26billion$. Abeg uncle lai should go and learn nee line oooo, this line is overused already and its stale, good nigerians have seen that the anti corruftion charade is nothing buh a mirage. AWON SMELLO
NigerDeltan:
grin

But one person just stole $25bn nah!
[/s]

Pained defenders of corruption cannot hide their pain.

Elegant stewpidity : the inability to differentiate between award of contract without consulting the minister of state and the actual embezzlement of money.

Alison should bring herself back to Nigeria or was it the Nigerian government that ferried her to London. Queen of thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by NigerDeltan(m): 8:16am On Oct 08, 2017
vedaxcool:

Elegant stewpidity : the inability to differentiate between award of contract without consulting the minister of state and the actual embezzlement of money.

Alison should bring herself back to Nigeria or was it the Nigerian government that ferried her to London. Queen of thieves.

Who be this mvmu?

If not that you don't have sense you would have demanded for explanation from those you claimed to have voted to power before coming here to defend what you don't know

You think they steal money directly if not by awarding shady contracts?

Go ask our former SGF

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 8:20am On Oct 08, 2017
[s]
vedaxcool:

[/s]Who the hell is this phool from the deepest part of hell.

You can't acquire something meaningful in life with the stipends these people are giving you.

Get a life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by aolawale025: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:

Contracts are a major way government money is stolen. Especially contracts like the 26b dollars that didn't follow due process.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2017
[s]
Tolexander:
Who the hell is this phool from the deepest part of hell.

You can't acquire something meaningful in life with the stipends these people are giving you.

Get a life.
[/s]

Feeble minds cannot coherently explain their unintelligent assertions only more foolish lies to go with their ignorance and silly thoughts.

Get reading so you can adequately comprehend what is being discussed.

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2017
[s]
NigerDeltan:

Who be this mvmu?

If not that you don't have sense you would have demanded for explanation from those you claimed to have voted to power before coming here to defend what you don't know

You think they steal money directly if not by awarding shady contracts?

Go ask our former SGF
[/s]

Ain't nothing worse than a blogging ham....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 8:38am On Oct 08, 2017
[s][quote author=vedaxcool post=61213620]

Feeble minds cannot coherently explain their unintelligent assertions only more foolish lies to go with their ignorance and silly thoughts.

Get reading so you can adequately comprehend what is being discussed.[/quotes][/s]as usual, no reasonable reasons to defend his paymaster.

Na to dey jump up and down like a female kangaroo on heat.
Get a life.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Called INEC Returning Officer In Osun Before He Declared The Result? / Atiku Asks President Buhari 14 Tough Question! / BigNews: Apc Clears 15 Out Of 16 Lg In Kwara, As O To Ge Takes Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.