Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

A New Revelation On The Bravery Of Brig. Ademulegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Revelation On The Bravery Of Brig. Ademulegun (931 Views)

What Is The Bravery In Killing Unarmed People? / Late Lt. Col Abu Ali Promoted To Brig. Gen. Post-humously / I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A New Revelation On The Bravery Of Brig. Ademulegun by MayorofLagos(m): 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2016
Onwuatuegwu asked the Brigadier, “Get dressed and come with us sir. Those are my instructions; to bring you to the headquarters.”

It sounded like nonsense to him. As the head of that headquarters since 17 February 1964, he was the only person that could give such an order. His wife Latifah, 8 months pregnant, planted herself fearlessly between her husband and the pointed guns knowing full well that if she remained glued to the comfort of their bed those weapons would not be diverted away from her husband. The Sardauna’s senior wife did exactly that at that moment somewhere else. (Any other Nigerian woman would have done the same. Contrary to what the New Feminists led themselves to believe, Nigerian women were never born to be weak.

In the top bedside drawer was a service pistol. As a Brigadier, Ademulegun knew a pistol was no match for 6 soldiers armed with SMGs. But he would rather fight and die gallantly than degrade the honour of his office by surrendering to subordinates.

As he made a dash for a quick draw, Onwuatuegwu opened fire on the Brigadier, his wife and the unborn. Cruelty resulted when anything stood in the way of the indefinite expansion of the will to power.

Without Ademulegun dead, Nzeogwu could not preside over the biggest Brigade of the Nigerian Army. Ademulegun’s children Solape and Kole were in the next room. They heard all the clash and they were the first to see their lifeless parents surrounded by a pond of blood. Onwuatuegwu and his mutineers then strolled out across the street unchallenged by the guards to the home of Colonel Shodeinde, Deputy Commandant of Nigerian Defence Academy whom Ademulegun usually handed over the Brigade too when he was not around.

They killed him too in cold blood with an angry grenade. After close encounters with Akintola and Ademulegun that could have claimed lives on the mutineer side, they played it safe and avoided close approach to Shodeinde.

(1) (Reply)

Ndavenger's Twitter Account Suspended. See What I Saw[photo / Niger Delta Avengers (millitants Official Video) / Osagie Ize_ Iyamu Not Match For Me : Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.