Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,076 members, 7,957,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:57 AM

Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria (30645 Views)

Sultan: Corruption At A Very High Level In Nigeria… Things Are Not Okay / 14 Things To To Tell That Things Are Yet To Be Normal In Our Country / 13 Things To Show That Things Are Yet To Be Normal In Our Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by frisky2good(m): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2016
Calling GEJ a clueless drunkard was also wrong but APC e-rats used the word freely.

alexiej:

Wow. I don't support is ways of doing things too but, calling him a 'dullard'? That's just so wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Pangea: 9:57am On Jul 19, 2016
angry
3 years to go
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by twentyk(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2016
B
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Vendoor(f): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2016
They voted for change grin
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Spells(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2016
Money rituals, kidnappings and violence everywhere..
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by justicejay(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2016
The change promised is now a promise change
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Project400: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2016
It is well smiley smiley
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by sexychocho(f): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2016
God Help us ooooooooo
But I biliv everything will still make sense wink

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by funlord(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2016
Well I send not!

Because things have been bad in this country for a long time!
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by gloriaolisa(f): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2016
God help us in dis country ooooo ..... special d ones looking for job and increasement in salary . God grant me a good job

2 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2016
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise that the Nigerian economy is on a downward spiral undecided

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by IBROHIM: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:

When smart people warned the AFONJAs to consult their God before voting, did they.?

You don't ignore God's wisdom and expect him to jump in to help you when you find yourself in trouble.

Whenever spiritual warnings are given, take it serious because God might hands off when his warning comes to past
your empty skull will never link the present situation to what ur thiefing Jonathan caused for 6 yrs in office! Your biased skull can't recall!

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by otobomax(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2016
rheether:
This Is the best time to start a business.
And best time to be single and have less wahala becAuse boiz are broke

4 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Aniwhyte(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2016
Hungry one finish me, just because say my garri dun finish. Na yeaterday morning eba and after garri when are soak still dey my belle till now. Ar just weak this money. Ar one sell my phone make i see money chop atleast for the nest one week. The only thing wey dey still dey give me small joy and happiness. As i dey here so i just weak, common N60 i nor see take cook indomie chop. Even doh i get the money self, no kerosine for stove. This suffer dun too much ooo. He better make i just die make i know say i dun go, than to continue sleeping with empty stomach everyday. As i nor get papa wen fit train me for school so. I still manage learn work. But i dun free, but since everywhere dry, ar nor dey get work. Ar dun carry block tire even after learning an handwork, so tey no work again since last month come reach now I dun tire for this life. Are dun tire. He no go better for the people when vote buhari, he no go better for them.

2 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 19, 2016
True talk oooo my people. Imagine startimes , glo, mtn are calling me for not recharging for months, they don't know how life dey treat me. I beg who fit help me get Liberia visa?

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by rusher14: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2016
No doubt Nigerians are facing tough times.

But we cannot continue to be a country that depends solely on the export of oil and gas whilst importing everything else.

Nigerians must learn to be creative and self sufficient.

There are a whole variety of things a nation as creative and imaginative as we claim shouldn't be importing and should rather be exporting - Toothbrushes, Bamboo products, leatherworks including belts and shoes, marble floorings and tiles, and yes, pencils.

We cannot claim to be giants of Africa only when the price of oil is up.

We cannot also align with saboteurs and insist on the development of infrastructure.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

2 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2016
Omooba77:
Things are quite difficult for Nigerians these days and these are some of my observation in Lagos;
1. Roads look deserted; many people can not cope with high cost of fuel
2. Filling stations are less patronized
3. Shops and market stalls are not well stocked
4. More corporate beggars
5. Crime on the increase
6. People are spending more on foods and basic necessities
7. Job loss in the last nine months is very alarming
Our prayer is that God will heal the land

God has healed the land - we keep defecating on it and expect him to wipe our arses and clean-up after us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 19, 2016
Even lagos state government is not helping matter at all, this people are vampires, arresting the poor once on the street trying to survive, one day revolution will come.

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by johnstar(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2016
And d gods is aware of this??

Dey cnt do sumtn abt dis??

oh shit
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by butanep(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2016
otobomax:

And best time to be single and have less wahala becAuse boiz are broke

Hahahahahahha. Boys cash aren't enough to spray anymore.

Last week my babe called me to send her 25k. I asked her for what? She said to get few cosmetics. I was like comestics for 25k in this present economy. That's my feeding money for one month.

In my mind, this girl is wicked. Then the next thing is that, you are stingy. I gladly accepted it unlike before I will want to impress.

Economy is down I swear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by breakeven: 10:18am On Jul 19, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
What do you expect when a dullard is the president?
And a sadist, hater,Etc. Nothing good can be expected.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by gozmok1(m): 10:18am On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:
Signs that Things Will Get Better in Nigeria,

Unlike before,

1. Stealing is now corruption, you steal codedly now.
2. States are now devising means to up their IGRs instead of waiting on Aso Rock.
3. Dangote refinery and other major projects would soon be completed thus providing jobs.
4. Politicians and bureaucrats (Buratai, Fayose et al) now fear Sahara Reporters more than food poisoning.
5. Nigerians are more politically conscious than ever

Things are hard economically, no doubt, but when I consider the hard times Singaporeans, Malaysians, Taiwanese, and other success stories went through, I believe we've got hope.

ZOMBIES and vague posts are 5&6

so you want to attribute all this jargons you wrote here as Bubus achievements you suppose to be ashame of your self

4 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by donestk(m): 10:20am On Jul 19, 2016
wink

5 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Puresolutions: 10:20am On Jul 19, 2016
Omooba77:
Things are quite difficult for Nigerians these days and these are some of my observation in Lagos;
1. Roads look deserted; many people can not cope with high cost of fuel
2. Filling stations are less patronized
3. Shops and market stalls are not well stocked
4. More corporate beggars
5. Crime on the increase
6. People are spending more on foods and basic necessities
7. Job loss in the last nine months is very alarming
Our prayer is that God will heal the land

I know people who haven't been paid 10months and are still faithing it going to work.

I've seen business closes at every turn and shops littered with sad faces of the owners.

Face it bro more hard times are coming.But i agree with what Dr Faseun expressed,who chose chains you should learn to live with the consequences of the decisions you make...

Deal with it bro

The three greatest casualties of this administration are :

1. The South West

2. Bola Ahmed Tinubu aka BAT

3. Common Masses ( Don't worry argue against the figures if u like but another round of 100% electricity bill hike is coming )

5 Likes

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by BlueEmbers(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2016
Perhaps it is time to kill the government?, the government that has nothing to show for but a circle of corruption since it began administrating in 1963?.
Perhaps it is time to be free of their menace? do you not think it is time to put an end to the system which works only to enrich the rich and neglect the poor?.
The past regimes were a failure, the present one which is built on the failure of the past regimes will also fail, no I am not a prophet to foresee what will happen to Nigeria in the future but I am a human with a brain just like anyone else with a brain can see doom ahead for the country, an utter failure, a country that cannot cater for the basic needs of its people is a failure!.
And believe me when I tell you, no president elected can save this nation so long its administration is built on the failed and to fail previous regimes.
The only salvation is to kill the government, pull out the weeds and allow good pasture to grow, remove darkness and let light shine.
We do not need weapons or guns, we need something a million times better, we need each other, we need to opt for action instead of words, stop complaining and start acting, let us unify against those who utilize our division for their own gains, leaving us in the shadows of doom where we kill each other for light.
This is our country, no one can take it from us.
The power is in the people, not the government!.
If you ever want to enjoy this country as a citizen of Nigeria, start thinking of a revolution, the revolution of the weak and deprived.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by madenigga(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2016
proeast:
God, your observation also applies here in Owerri. You should add number 8. Nairaland front page now hardly exceed two pages, meaning that people no longer have money to buy data. 9. I now withness many people coming to me with personal effects/goods & are willing to sell at giveaway price.
for owerri people no get time to go club again now
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by LuveU2(f): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2016
xmileeasy:
It is not only visible in Lagos but nationwide, Nigeria economy is in deep mess and in need of revival. The economic reality differs from what we read online.
True embarassed

btw dear, pls i need you to vote for my candidate right in my siggy, just like you voted last year, 2015
Voting commences next week and i will surely notify u with the appropriate link when it starts. Thank u!

Awaiting ur reply! smiley
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by 2scorehigh(m): 10:25am On Jul 19, 2016
My dear Omooba77, the truth is that you see what you want to see.

Not meaning to take away anything from your points which in all are still very much valid, but the truth is that what many people see as a stumbling block, some other people may see it as a stepping stone.

My point is: I don't want us to dwell so much on the hard times but rather I want us to look at the opportunities therein that such a bleak economic outlook may present to us.

This why I suggest you take a look at this great and wonderful article by Steve Pavlina: How To Make A Lot of Money During Recession

You might learn a thing or two from it.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by idupaul: 10:25am On Jul 19, 2016
Brand new Hyundai Elantra and accent are now once again scarce . Middle class back to the days of old second hand cars
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by sholatech(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2016
There is also an increase in local flight cancellations by all airlines. Hotel occupancy rates reduced. Car stands still have same cars unsold for 7-months. And the list goes on...

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by rojust: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2016
It is well with us.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by IBBG(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2016
what do u expect wen u have an i don't care kind of president who doesn't understand the dynamics of a vibrant economy thats wat we r bound to face. those of u shouting we should be exporting more, wat has dis govt done interms of incentives to boost export rather than create bottlenecks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kogi Election: Musa Wada Sleeping At An Event (Photo) / President Tinubu Arrives Abu Dhabi, UAE / Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.