Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria (30639 Views)

Sultan: Corruption At A Very High Level In Nigeria… Things Are Not Okay / 14 Things To To Tell That Things Are Yet To Be Normal In Our Country / 13 Things To Show That Things Are Yet To Be Normal In Our Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by mrwiddy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
Sunnycliff:

Is he a pessimist or a realist?
i wud say a pessimist hiding behind realism.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by PoorUgly(m): 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
Omooba77:

How many times are you going to post this;please use your medular sir

Where have I posted it before?
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by 400billionman: 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
2scorehigh:
My dear Omooba77, the truth is that you see what you want to see.

Not meaning to take away anything from your points which in all are still very much valid, but the truth is that what many people see as a stumbling block, some other people may see it as a stepping stone.

My point is: I don't want us to dwell so much on the hard times but rather I want us to look at the opportunities therein that such a bleak economic outlook may present to us.

This why I suggest you take a look at this great and wonderful article by Steve Pavlina: How To Make A Lot of Money During Recession

You might learn a thing or two from it.

Thank you.

Donald Trump became a billionaire during recession.

I have learnt many things with this short period of increased hardship. I see opportunities not difficulties..

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by highwaist: 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2016
The Pmb is not a magician,blame the previous government for not saving when economy was boooming.blame a single nigerian who pocketed 2billion dolllar,blame a single minister who motgage the future of nigeria,blame a single political party who fond it difficult to build a single refinery in 16yrs of gvment.blame most educated nija presido who failed to apply his knowledge to revatalize the economy....blame a single opposition who is supporting economy terrorist in N/D

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
bettercreature:
@MIKOLOWISKA It's not funny!
yes it is
If it weren't, we would sit up and take action
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
Omooba77:

It is not just about farm;
no
I just simplified it
It includes mining fisheries and forestry
Manufacturing and over support services (banking not cash housing, insurance not fraud, housing not speculation and sent seeking

you still need small capital to start intensive farming;
yes you do
subsistence farming cannot sustain you and family and it takes a minimum of 12 weeks to harvest any crop apart from perishables like tomatoes.
1 acre can supply us to #500k or more of food a season so 1 m a year
Plus value added if you convert carbs to protein via animal husbandry (poultry, snaileRy,cowry, goatry,grass cuttery which all feed on grass that is just lying fallow)
A little effort in educatiNG oneself instead of lamenting for 66 years will generate all the capital you need. Paper money is just blinding you (farmers)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
tayoalone:

Love your replies. So on point.
na God and plenty suffer
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by haryomikun(m): 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
ConqueredWest:

When smart people warned the AFONJAs to consult their God before voting, did they.?

You don't ignore God's wisdom and expect him to jump in to help you when you find yourself in trouble.

Whenever spiritual warnings are given, take it serious because God might hands off when his warning comes to past

So Jonathan was the right man to come back into power Abi?

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Omooba77: 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
1 acre can supply us to #500k or more of food a season so 1 m a year
Plus value added if you convert carbs to protein via animal husbandry (poultry, snaileRy,cowry, goatry,grass cuttery which all feed on grass that is just lying fallow)
A little effort in educatiNG oneself instead of lamenting for 66 years will generate all the capital you need. Paper money is just blinding you (farmers)

I know all you are saying sir,I grew up in the village;farming is a little bit capital intensive
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by naija247: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ayoswit:
Yet a lot of people queue up at d ATM to withdraw money.
People queue up to withdraw everything in their account as soon as salaries are paid because they can't save anything.

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
Omooba77:

I know all you are saying sir,I grew up in the village;farming is a little bit capital intensive
you (farmer) start somewher
tractor can be rented
calf can be bought and groomed to oxen
animals can be multiplied
shares or debentures can be sold

o boy you go die in poverty if you're waiting for Nigerian politicians and Nigerian bankers to provide capital
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by SaintUlot: 1:43am On Jul 20, 2016
Make money working from home just like me, check my signature
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by tuniski: 3:29am On Jul 20, 2016
HDee:
angry We are suffering because of the damage the past administration caused us.... The "STEALING IS NOT A CORRUPTION" led administration..
We are suffering cos of the choice of buhari! Stop the blame game the buck stops with president buhari. Blamers don't do well.

1 Like

Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2016
alexiej:

Wow. I don't support is ways of doing things too but, calling him a 'dullard'? That's just so wrong.

He's worse than a dullard!GEJ had his fair share.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Omooba77: 6:13am On Jul 20, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:

you (farmer) start somewher
tractor can be rented
calf can be bought and groomed to oxen
animals can be multiplied
shares or debentures can be sold

o boy you go die in poverty if you're waiting for Nigerian politicians and Nigerian bankers to provide capital

I no go die in poverty sir and likewise you and everybody
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by ConqueredWest: 6:26am On Jul 20, 2016
haryomikun:

So Jonathan was the right man to come back into power Abi?

If you are not an Afonja, you won't have asked me that question especially now that we all can see that Buhari has no clue on what it takes to make Nigeria great.

If Jonathan is in power today, things would have being better.
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:19am On Jul 20, 2016
Omooba77:

I no go die in poverty sir and likewise you and everybody
then it's off to the farm factory or fault line
My plan as well
Plenty money in real sector
Just not for lazy ppl
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by haryomikun(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2016
ConqueredWest:

If you are not an Afonja, you won't have asked me that question especially now that we all can see that Buhari has no clue on what it takes to make Nigeria great.

If Jonathan is in power today, things would have being better.
I am a Yoruba and very proud to be one.
Your hatred will kill you. You know the funniest thing sef. You seem like an online warrior. One who can only type on the internet but can't do sh*t in the real world

Go and hustle bro
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by Omooba77: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Technically,we have entered recession,confirming all those points are valid
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by LuveU2(f): 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
xmileeasy:

You are welcome.
Helo dear. U remember me? smiley

Come and cast your vote here smiley https://www.nairaland.com/3263244/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination#48103668

Just type I vote falconey Cc NLJega Thats all

I see u are off line now, anyway voting ends at 6pm and continues tomorrow @10 am
Re: Signs That Things Are Getting Tougher In Nigeria by 2scorehigh(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2016
400billionman:

Donald Trump became a billionaire during recession.

I have learnt many things with this short period of increased hardship. I see opportunities not difficulties..

Your are the man!

Keep it up, okay!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Recognized By Umo Eno At Akwa Ibom Inauguration Ceremony (Video) / Umahi: We Don’t Want Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Our Land / Why Is Dollar Echanging At N510 Under Buhari? - Northern Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.