Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) (38448 Views)

The Best Android Phones That Cost N30,000 To N50,000 / See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations / 6 Phones That Are No Longer Used In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 19, 2016
These are some collections of pictures of vintage gsm phone that shook the Nigerian GSM market in the days of MTN and Econet. Of course Nokia has the most entry. Nokia was the god of gsm phones in those days. Happy viewing.
Nokia 3310
Nokia 3410
Nokia 6600
Nokia 3650

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 19, 2016
Nokia 7600
nokia 8310
nokia ngage
nokia xpress music

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 19, 2016
Nokia e63
Nokia n95
Nokia 5210
Nokia n8

2 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 19, 2016
Nokia 9110
Nokia 7100
Nokia communicator
- This one na for the baba olowos.
Nokia c1-00

8 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Peritus(m): 2:50am On Jul 19, 2016
Having nostalgia all through.

6 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 19, 2016
Samsung r220 popularly called blue face or true blue in Nigeria. I remember boarding a danfo at night, a day or two after this phone was released in Nigeria. This phone rang and the owner brought it out from his pocket. Immediately, the face of everyone in the bus turned blue...Blue light filled everywhere and the guy was feeling cool. cheesy
Samsung x140
Samsun t100
Samsung d710

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 19, 2016
Motorola t191
Motorola c250
Motorola V70
Motorola V3i popularly called razor. The razor was a sleek phone found only on big girls. ... It was quite pricey back in those days. tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Sugarcious(m): 3:03am On Jul 19, 2016
Good point!
That is why it is always good to stay humble and avoid pride...
I still remember when some people in my neighborhood had these phones about 3 of them. That was when SIM CARD was about 30k. I was very young then. Because she was holding an expensive phone (in those days), one woman became so proud of herself. She no dey even answer my mama greetings that time..now fast foward>>>>>>=Over 12years later, how many people are still using those phones? Even holding the phone in public can embrass the owner.
I no even sabi wey the yeye woman dey today.
My point is...everything in this world is temporary. No dey carry shoulder up like king kong because u carry iphone 6.
In the future, those phones will be like poo.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 3:06am On Jul 19, 2016
Motorola 720
Motorola f3
Sendo s230
Sendo X - a cheaper alternative for those that could not afford a nokia symbian phone cool
Some of my friends back in Uni (that wanted to feel among by force) brought this phone with their pocket money. They were very happy because they could download cool symbian games and apps just like nokia symbian users. Owners of nokia phones were very angry and full of hate for sendo x users. Sendo X was sold circa N18,000. That is like N35,000 in today's money. But unfortunately, that phone was what yoruba called agba ana.. The phone was very fragile and I can't remeber any of my friends that used one of these sendo x that lasted over 3 semesters. Even when the phone wasworking, it hanged a lot grin

2 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 19, 2016
Trium mars - If you were using this phone back then. You would be ashamed of bringing it out of your pocket grin
Sagem w3020 - call centre favourite
Samem my x5 - My x5 and X6 was the tecno of those days. Sagem made color screen phones affordable to the common man just like Tecno flooded the Nigerian market with cheap android phones. cheesy
sagem my x6

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 19, 2016
Erricson released some phones back then. These phones were hit back to back, and they were made popular by econet and MTN. These were the days when MTN simcard was very scarce and selling for N30,000. Call centres were charging N50/minute and you would tell them to set the time reminder so that you don't go over 1 minute...if you use 1.01 minute, you will pay for 2 minutes grin
Ericsson A2618 - This particular phone...hmmm. I had to beg my mum to borrow me these phone just for 3hours. I immediately went to my girl friend's house to pose with the phone. I immediately became a big boy in their house. cool. We are now happily married grin
Ericsson T10
Ericsson T28
Ericsson T32

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 3:33am On Jul 19, 2016
And finally ...
Sony j70. This phone lets you record your own ring tone through an external microphone, so you can have your favourite music as ringtone.
Sony ericsson w800
Sony ericsson w580
Nec e616 - This was a popular phone in the UK. It was designed for 3g network and very good for video calling, but it still found it's way to the Nigerian job market as UK used.
wink

6 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by LordIsaac(m): 3:41am On Jul 19, 2016
Many lost their virginity and contracted HIV and were used for rituals courtesy the above!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 19, 2016
LordIsaac:
Many lost their virginity and contracted HIV and were used for rituals courtesy the above!
Still happening today. Nothing as changed undecided

14 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by astarotte: 4:38am On Jul 19, 2016
I remember that motorola razor to be my very first smartphone.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by ORACLE1975(m): 4:39am On Jul 19, 2016
grin grin angry
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Big4wig(m): 5:15am On Jul 19, 2016
How time flies...Do not educate your child to be rich. Educate him to be happy. So when he grows up, he will know the value of things, not the price.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by ibibiofirstlady(f): 5:31am On Jul 19, 2016
princey83:
Trium mars - If you were using this phone back then. You would be ashamed of bringing it out of your pocket grin
Sagem w3020 - call centre favourite
Samem my x5 - My x5 and X6 was the tecno of those days. Sagem made color screen phones affordable to the common man just like Tecno flooded the Nigerian market with cheap android phones. cheesy
sagem my x6

I remember when Tecno first came with their below par phones, but they have greately improved and are now a top brand. LIFE
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by pussyeater(m): 5:41am On Jul 19, 2016
astarotte:
I remember that motorola razor to be my very first smartphone.
U can lie eh!

4 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 19, 2016
Such is life........

And this should serve as a reference point to does gurls doing yanger to guys by forming biggy gurl things, that its only a matter of time grin grin
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by dwilliams: 6:14am On Jul 19, 2016
surely nothing last forever

2 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by saxwizard(m): 6:38am On Jul 19, 2016
where NEC dey for ur list...na dat fone first use MMC 13mb to b precise

3 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by boman2014: 6:47am On Jul 19, 2016
me love sony ericsson

3 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by ayguru: 6:56am On Jul 19, 2016
Nokia tried.
The first day my friend's mum bought Samsung Blue face, i almost died with Awe.. We didnt sleep that night, looking at its magnificent beauty.

I was in a bus one day when one man was sitted at the Oga's corner of his BMW when i sighted Samsung True i. That day, i knew i had seen the most beautiful phone ever in the history of mankind...

Several years later, i still love samsung, as i own Samsung Note 3

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by RichYoungNigga: 6:56am On Jul 19, 2016
The first person to use a cellphone in Nigeria was an igbo guy.

His mates in the south were busy swallowing Amala and ewedu and his mates in the north were busy making some bombs

5 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by lordtriplee(m): 6:56am On Jul 19, 2016
I remember Sony Ericsson K700 and K750 phones as well as 3310. Good old times.

1 Like

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Pavore9: 6:56am On Jul 19, 2016
Hmm....when l got my Nokia 9300 Communicator, it felt like owning an iphone! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Cherishing(f): 6:57am On Jul 19, 2016
That Sony Erison was my mp3 then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by RichYoungNigga: 6:57am On Jul 19, 2016
I used all the listed phones
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 19, 2016
My dad came home with a 3310 one afternoon. It was a terrific experience. Neighbours came around to have a look & ask questions. Truly, those phones are the epitome of durable.

4 Likes

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by JesusmyGod1: 6:57am On Jul 19, 2016
;Yes jeme

1 Like

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by photoshoot(m): 6:59am On Jul 19, 2016
Proud to say I used:

* Xpressmusic
* I remember my dad buying the Nokia communicator after few months of its launch in Naija.
* not a fan of Samsung even till now.
* rocked Motorola razor grin too much sef
* Motorola F3
* Sony ericsson w800
* Sony ericsson w580

Mehn, I don use phones ooo shocked cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share A Screenshot Of Your Home Screen! / You Can Now Add Sticker On Whatsapp Status Posts On Android: See How To Apply / Infinix Zero 8 Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.