Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,428 members, 7,864,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:36 AM

How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi (473 Views)

Militancy Deprived Nigeria Of $100bn In 2016 –kachikwu / This Is How Politics Work Especially In Nigeria (photo)! / This Is How Politics Work(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi by sarrki(m): 5:27am On Jul 19, 2016
The Alaafin of Oyo Empire, his imperial Majesty Oba (Dr.) Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III, is a monarch that possesses class, intelligence and wit in large quantities. He can also be described as an historian that is at home with the history and culture of the Yoruba race.

The Alaafin, fondly referred to as Alowo lodu bi iyere by his subjects, is unarguably one of Africa’s most influential traditional rulers. Born on 15th October, 1938, he was selected among other contestants to become a king in 1968 but the government of the day refused, consequently, he was not crowned until January 1971 and at the time of his coronation, he was an insurance clerk.
He contested with 10 other people for the position of the Alaafin in a keen competition that started in 1968 and did not end until 1970, around the time of the Nigerian Civil War. He was declared winner three times but the government initially rejected the ruling of the Oyomesi on all the three occasions.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/abiola-odutola-alata-others-businesses-not-die/
Re: How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi by madridguy(m): 5:42am On Jul 19, 2016
Long life IKU BABA YEYE.
Re: How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi by sarrki(m): 5:46am On Jul 19, 2016
madridguy:
Long life IKU BABA YEYE.

Alase ikeji orisa
Re: How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi by veekid(m): 5:53am On Jul 19, 2016
Kabieesi oooo
Re: How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi by madridguy(m): 5:53am On Jul 19, 2016
Ohun gangan Oosa.

sarrki:

Alase ikeji orisa
Re: How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi by nedu2000(m): 6:05am On Jul 19, 2016
But became Alaafin...and you're still partisan

1 Like

Re: How Politics Almost Deprived Me Of Becoming Alaafin —oba Lamidi Adeyemi by kossyablaze(m): 6:41am On Jul 19, 2016
Mtchew comot here jare... Me wey hunger dey kill now

(1) (Reply)

Pres. Buhari Receives Outgoing Ambassador Of Germany And Wife At The Villa. Pics / Inauguration Of Zoning Committee Meeting Of PDP Party In Abuja (photo) / Mastermind Of Hoax To Overthrow Buhari Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.