Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Ekiti Kete - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ekiti Kete (60169 Views)

Poll: Your Local Government Area

Ado Ekiti: 25% (1 vote)
Efon Alaaye: 50% (2 votes)
Ekiti East: 0% (0 votes)
Ekiti South West: 0% (0 votes)
Ekiti West: 25% (1 vote)
Emure: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Ekiti Kete: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2009
camelot:

omo Igbara-oke ni more o, omo eleye she weyeweye ati dori ogun
topsy25:

Omo ugbara oke lue se shocked this is very good. ulu mi jinna si tere at all. In fact, local govt kan la joo ihia cool Emi lomo ujare elewe obi, omo ebora ajufin. Emi lomo leeti arikoseyo, omo ajogede suno j'olusu; ogede lihon je l'ule eti.

Awe mi came, ko fe ki mi mua fun udana wink
I forgot to mention that yesterday.
camelot, you and tope are virtually from the same town ,Igbara-Oke is just a stone throw from Ijare.
Uhmm. . .I see something in the making. . . wink
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2009
topsy25:

Se o ni eye sa grin cheesy
grin
ngbo camelot, se wo l'eye looto?
Re: Ekiti Kete by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 17, 2009
topsy25:

Se o ni eye sa grin cheesy

mera foo me leye oo, amon eye kee tun igbesi aye oni she ni mo ni ooo grin grin cool
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2009
Camelot, awe mu yim re komi ko jia sita
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2009
topsy25:

Si ekiti ketes,

Ki lo de ti won fi pin igbara-odo si ekiti, ti won si pin igbara-oke si ondo state Nje a ri eni ti o lo idi ti won fi pin ilu meji yi bee

Someone shld answer this question abeg undecided
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 10:44am On Sep 17, 2009
topsy25:

Si ekiti ketes,

Ki lo de ti won fi pin igbara-odo si ekiti, ti won si pin igbara-oke si ondo state Nje a ri eni ti o lo idi ti won fi pin ilu meji yi bee
Well,
I'll lay the blame on colonial administrators and our subsequent governments who modified/adjusted state boundaries without recourse to  people's wishes/views and socio-political/cultural affliations/similarities.
Examples abound of this errorneous demarcations:
Owena town was divided into two with each part going to Ondo and Osun state. Presently, we have a town slashed into two by a bridge,implication: you can stay in the ondo state part of the bridge and converse with another person staying on the osun part.
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 10:47am On Sep 17, 2009
tope,camelot,olu, in ku ojumo oo. . .se ala ni?

camelot,
se fo wo leye? grin
Re: Ekiti Kete by tubabie(f): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2009
topsy25:

Si ekiti ketes,

E mi o ki n se Ekiti kete sugbon mo rope awon Yoruba to wa ni Kogi state, ara Ekiti lo ye ki won je tori ede won jor gan an ni
Re: Ekiti Kete by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2009
tubabie:

E mi o ki n se Ekiti kete sugbon mo rope awon Yoruba to wa ni Kogi state, ara Ekiti lo ye ki won je tori ede won jor gan an ni

Re: Ekiti Kete by tubabie(f): 11:21am On Sep 17, 2009
camelot:

undecided
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2009
camelot:

Kinni itumo ina ti ohun fi si ori tu undecided
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
camelot:

Madam camelot eleye funfun, se o ni dahun ibeere mi nipa yim re ni
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2009
IFELEKE:

Well,
I'll lay the blame on colonial administrators and our subsequent governments who modified/adjusted state boundaries without recourse to people's wishes/views and socio-political/cultural affliations/similarities.
Examples abound of this errorneous demarcations:
Owena town was divided into two with each part going to Ondo and Osun state. Presently, we have a town slashed into two by a bridge,implication: you can stay in the ondo state part of the bridge and converse with another person staying on the osun part.

tubabie:

iyen nipe awon people yen ko npin wa bo se wu won ni undecided
Re: Ekiti Kete by Remii(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
Countries, States and the rest are created on administrative conveniences not on tribes or languages, that is why Awolowo regarded Nigeria as a geographical expression and not a Nation. Imesi Ile is in Osun, Oke Imesi is Ekiti, Yorubas are in Benin Republic and they have close ties with people around Ilaro and Idi Iroko, Nigeria. Naturally Offa people of Kwara would love to be in Osun State since they have closer cultural ties than to Ilorin. Northern Nigeria and Southern Niger are inhabited by Hausa/Fulani and they attend each others cultural ceremonies, etc etc
Re: Ekiti Kete by Remii(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2009
IFELEKE:

I forgot to mention that yesterday.
camelot, you and tope are virtually from the same town ,Igbara-Oke is just a stone throw from Ijare.
Uhmm. . .I see something in the making. . . wink

Aworawo e wo loo tun ri in the making?
Re: Ekiti Kete by Oluschenco(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
tubabie:

Mo mo sister kan ni Ibadan, omo kogi state ni, sugbon she always call herself an indigene of Ekiti because she feels a sense of inferiority when people refer to her as  omo kogi, so we Ekitians are lucky, In pele kete ile.
Re: Ekiti Kete by Oluschenco(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
kelly d:

omo ekiti wetin dey

Bawo ni, mo ri pe Ibadan longbe, Ibadan naa ni mo wa (Bodija), se on de ile sa, ajo ko le dun ko dabi ile oo, Gbogbo wa la ma mu ere oko de ile, aani gbe sajo (we get back home safe and wealthy).

O dabo.
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2009
Remii:

Ewo ni tiyin o booda gbeborun grin
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
Oluschenco:

Mo mo sister kan ni Ibadan, omo kogi state ni, sugbon she always call herself an indigene of Ekiti because she feels a sense of inferiority when people refer to her as omo kogi, so we Ekitians are lucky, In pele kete ile.

ehh awe cheesy
Re: Ekiti Kete by Oluschenco(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2009
@topsy25

kini itunmo ehh awe
Re: Ekiti Kete by topsy25(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
Oluschenco:

@topsy25

kini itunmo ehh awe

ehh: yes o undecided

awe: my friend cool
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
Remii:

Countries, States and the rest are created on administrative conveniences not on tribes or languages, that is why Awolowo regarded Nigeria as a geographical expression and not a Nation. Imesi Ile is in Osun, Oke Imesi is Ekiti, Yorubas are in Benin Republic and they have close ties with people around Ilaro and Idi Iroko, Nigeria. Naturally Offa people of Kwara would love to be in Osun State since they have closer cultural ties than to Ilorin. Northern Nigeria and Southern Niger are inhabited by Hausa/Fulani and they attend each others cultural ceremonies, etc etc
You are right remii

topsy25:

iyen nipe awon people yen ko npin wa bo se wu won ni undecided
beeni oo,infact,ooto oro ni remii so.
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
Remii:

Egungun ati eja inu agolo awo lawon mejeji . . .
imule mi ni e now,o ye k'o ti ye e.
Re: Ekiti Kete by IFELEKE(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ethnic Composition and Culture: The Ekitis, whose ancestors migrated from lle-ife as a people form one of the largest ethnic groups in Yorubaland. The Ekitis are culturally homogeneous and they speak a dialect of the Yoruba language known as a, Ekiti. The homogeneous nature of the Ekitis confers on the state some uniqueness among the states of the Federation. However, slight differences are noticeable in the Ekiti dialect of the Yoruba language spoken by the people. This is informed and influenced by their spatial locations especially the border communities to other states. For example, the people of Ado Local Government Area do not speak exactly the same dialect with the people of ljero Local Government Area, while the people of Ikole area speak something a shade dif ferent from the people of Ikere area. The Ekiti communities influenced by their locations include Otun, (the Moba land) that speaks a dialect close to the one spoken by the lgbominas in Kwara and Osun states. The people of Okeako, Irele and Ornuo oke speak a dialect similar to that of the ljumus in Kogi State. The people of Ekiti West and Efon Alaaye LGAs speak a similar dialect to that of the ljesas of Osun State. However, part of the uniqueness of the Ekitis is that wherever they may come from, they understand each other very well in conversation, in spite of dialectal variations. In terms of arts and culture, Ekiti state is among the richest in the Federation in the variety and qual ity of its traditional arts, music, poetry and witty say ings. There are as many as fifty traditional festivals in the state. Egungun, ljesu and Ogun festivals are celebrated in all parts of the state but the latter is associated, in particular, with IreEkiti. The Ekitis are good wood carvers, blacksmiths, and ornamen tal potters, mat weavers and basket makers. There are guilds established to control the operations of these crafts. Ekiti music consists mainly of folklore and moonlight songs. The folk music is usually interjected with folk tales which normally are both instructive and interesting. Population Structure and Distribution:As in all economies all over the world, human resources are of immense importance to the development of Ekiti State. Indeed, this state does not lack human resources. According to the population census of 1991, the state had 824,224 males and 804,538 females making a total of 1,628,762. The distribu tion of the population in Ekiti State according to LGAs is shown in Table 13:1. The population structure and distribution in Ekiti state have been affected by the great incidence of migration of Ekiti people to other parts of the coun try. The Ekiti people are found in various services and especially in education. They are found in many large cities of Nigeria. On the other hand, the state has many migrant farmers from all the south western states and from Kwara, Kogi and Benue states. Most of these farmers, especially from the Yoruba area, cultivate cocoa while others cultivate food crops such as the lgbira that cultivate yam. The people of Ekiti State live mainly in towns, like most Yorubas. There are not less than 120 towns in Ekiti state. One important aspect of the Ekiti towns is the com mon suffix "Ekiti". Some of the towns include Ado, . the state capital, Aramoko, Ayedun, EfonAlaaye, Emure, Ido, lgede, lgogo, ljero, ljesalsu, Ikere, Ikole, Ikoro, llawe, llupeju, Ire, lse, lye, Ode, Omuo, Otun and Oye. It should be noted that the urbani sation process in this state, as in other states of the federation, has been on the increase. There have been consistent efforts to encourage urbanisation through the creation of more states and local gov n ernment areas. Other factors that have aided urban development in Ekiti State are the establishment of n tertiary institutions, location of industrial plants and i many financial commercial institutions. Rural Development: The main occupation of Ekiti people is farming, hence the state is an agri cultural one and therefore has many rural settle ments. Prior to 1985, there had been a conspicu g ous neglect of the rural areas of Ekiti State. In recent years, however, the state has been a beneficiary of concerted programmes to revitalise, devel op and transform the rural areas. The programmes e that have had significant impact on the develop is ment of the rural areas in the state include those of is the now defunct Directorate of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DFRRI), Better Life Programme, Family Support Programme, Family 3f Economic Advancement Programme and the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) particu ly larly its Self Help Programme. DFRRI was instrumental to the opening up of rural areas by constructing many feeder roads (about 750km in length). It also contributed in immensely to the overall development and well 's being of rural dwellers by sinking boreholes and 3f deep wells in many villages and suburban areas. In in addition, DFRRI assisted communities in the elec trification of their areas. During the Abacha admin 18 istration, these roles were partially performed by the defunct Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF). In to terms of economic development, DFRRI also encouraged rural dwellers to establish their own banks in all the LGAs with many of the rural 3f dwellers as shareholders. It is, however, disheartening that many of these banks have closed down. ss The Better Life Programme focused on rural in women and got them actively involved in process ie ing local food and fibre items such as cassava (gari), maize, rice and sisalhemp for better prices. The NDE programme also helped the rural dwellers in making available onthejob training to the young te school leavers, at both the secondary and tertiary n. levels, in modern farming, trades and industry. This assistance was usually in form of redeemable loans at very low interests with the repayments spread over a long period of time. All these programmes iti have helped to open up the rural areas in the state. Problem of Urban Primacy: For a very long time, AdoEkiti, the state capital, has been the focus and centre of activities for Ekiti people. Now, as the state capital and within a period of three years, it has started expanding over a large area. This expansion is due to the developmental projects and structures of a state capital. Not only these, Ado Ekiti has also become an attraction of many individ uals, agencies, commercial houses, corporate bod ies and even people from rural areas and smaller towns in the state. In this regard, AdoEkiti is fast becoming a primate city. Except the Capital Territory Development Agency takes quick action, the known urbanisation problems such as slums, waste disposal, unemployment, traffic holdups and crimes may be on the increase.
Re: Ekiti Kete by IYANGBALI: 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2009
i love ado ekiti most dont ask me why?the name alone makes me to like them A DO EKITI grin
Re: Ekiti Kete by tubabie(f): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2009
Gosh!! lol. Pevert don reach here again wink
Re: Ekiti Kete by IYANGBALI: 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2009
some people will not just allow me to rest in peace anywhere i goes they goes cool cool
Re: Ekiti Kete by tubabie(f): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2009
LOL is your name pervert?? cheesy
Re: Ekiti Kete by IYANGBALI: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2009
i tolded you some people will not leave me alone and they wont tell me what they want from me,i tire for una o
Re: Ekiti Kete by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2009
IFELOVE,

Been really busy, hopefully I can read this thread by this weekend.

Nice work!!! Thanks BTW smiley
Re: Ekiti Kete by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2009
Emure is Ekiti? LOL, No wonder why I love the sound of Emure cheesy
Re: Ekiti Kete by dayokanu(m): 1:38am On Sep 18, 2009
Elemure Ogunyemi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony / 6 Lovely Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks (photos) / Meet The Koma People Of Adamawa State Where Cloth Is A Prized Possession (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.