Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others - Properties (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others (28462 Views)

Geotechincal / Geophysical Investigation,soil Test,pile Foundation,borehole Nig. / Neighbours Fight In Akwa-Ibom Because Of N300 Borehole Levy (photos) / Immediate Need For Borehole In Elebu, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Mamayam:

Thanks boss.
I didn't get to see the pump make before it reinserted.
The workman replaced the head with another one. But the head was twice as long as the previous one. Likely a higher horsepower.

Is there any reason the pump could be pumping in a sinusoidal manner(mid flow rate to low rate and back)? It is similar to the previous head before that one stopped pumping at all.

Could the electrical part be faulty?
On your previous reply, what did you mean by we flushing the hole?

Thanks again.

Seems your Borehole yield is low, you ll need a serious water management plan to avoid spoiling yiur sumo pump.

Always pump with good power source, maybe generator or pump at mid nights.
Then don't pump for long, do it in cycle, switch it off after working for like 30min, allow it rest for some time then pump again.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Mamayam: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
Larwin:

Seems your Borehole yield is low, you ll need a serious water management plan to avoid spoiling yiur sumo pump.

Always pump with good power source, maybe generator or pump at mid nights.
Then don't pump for long, do it in cycle, switch it off after working for like 30min, allow it rest for some time then pump again.

Thanks a lot 🙏 for taking the time to answer my questions.

Turns out the problem was the water level was low. The workman sank only 3.5 1-inch pipes instead of 4 or 5. Apparently the water level dipped a bit.

An additional pipe was installed alongside a new head, and the water is rushing again!

The 0.5hp pump takes just 20 mins to fill up from empty.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 11:10am On Feb 03, 2023
Oh, that's fine.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 11:11am On Feb 03, 2023
Mamayam:

Thanks a lot 🙏 for taking the time to answer my questions.

Turns out the problem was the water level was low. The workman sank only 3.5 1-inch pipes instead of 4 or 5. Apparently the water level dipped a bit.

An additional pipe was installed alongside a new head, and the water is rushing again!

The 0.5hp pump takes just 20 mins to fill up from empty.

Oh, that's fine
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
smiley
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by sworld007: 3:06pm On May 20, 2023
Wow... This topic has been very informative. Information they say is power. I had to read from 2016 to date that this info has been posted. It has given me a better understanding on my decision making and also saved me from quakes.

Thanks @ Mr Larwin

Will contact you soon.
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 12:16am On Jun 06, 2023
kiss
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 12:17am On Jun 06, 2023
sworld007:
Wow... This topic has been very informative. Information they say is power. I had to read from 2016 to date that this info has been posted. It has given me a better understanding on my decision making and also saved me from quakes.

Thanks @ Mr Larwin

Will contact you soon.

Glad to hear this, thank you
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by Larwin(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2023
smiley smiley
Re: Know About Geophysical Investigation For Borehole Drilling and others by lovediehatelive(m): 10:37pm On Jan 07
Please what could be the cause that a whole community can't get borehole.

They say they have tried

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Bungalow Design At Affordable Price Call Or Whatsap 08096365063 / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life / Twinstecks Electrical Accessories sale THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.