Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF (17240 Views)

IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / World Bank, IMF Put Pressure On Buhari To Come Up With Economic Blueprint / IMF Says Nigeria Heading Into Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF by Splashme: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2016
csamii:
Really? Mstcheew as if we don't know. I remember what Patience Jonathan said during their campaign period even though I'm not her fan. She said and I quote "after Buhari and APC is done with Nigeria, na change go remain."

As in conductor change o!
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF by cjrane: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2016
[size=15pt]This is the type of thing you see when people run the economy by tribalistic orders aimed at helping a target group of persons and not by sound economic principles.

They artificially manipulated the exchanged rate pegged at N198 to dollar and used the foreign reserve fund Dangote claiming he was engaged in vital industries. While other businesses either collapsed or left Nigeria from being prevented from sourcing foreign exchange.

When they finally realized their foreign reserve would be exhausted if they continued the silly tribalistic policy, they finally did the right thing. But it will take many years to recover from the damage they have already done to the economy.

Buhari will kill Nigeria simply out of doing everything with the mindset of does this give Fulani an advantage or not.
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF by tinktanker: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheAlchemist:

All i can say is that Buhari may just be unlucky to be in government at this period in time, when all economic indices are going southward!
Falling global crude oil prices, militancy, etc, Buhari does not have the required leadership skill to steer Nigeria through this perilous time, to even compound our problem his age does him no favour. A young vibrant leader with an uncommon vision is required immediately, i hope Buhari would have the moral courage to resign as soon as possible, unless he wants to take Nigerians down with him.

he is an old wicked man dat doesn't care if he dies n drags Nigeria with him. I say his Cursed because in him first regime samething played out, the economy was also messed up n he blamed in on shagari n corruption just as he is doing now. Do actually knw dis is not the first time crude oil has gone down to as low as $30/barrel, funny enough ppl didn't knw in from Dec 2014 to may 2015 crude oil was at $45 -$58 but we didn’t feel the effect until ppl with I'll policies arrived . PMB, He had no business of his own so can he manage Nigeria as a business if not as cattle biz.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF by dallyemmy: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
chavesky:

You must be stupid!!

You must be a very "Wise" Chavesky!!!
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF by Buhari4dullard: 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2016
HEADING WE ARE ALREADY THERE!
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF by engrsyer(m): 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
kingzizzy:

Why are you traveling? Just go into your room and shout 'Sai Baba!' Like you guys were doing last year.

GEJ might not have been the best but at least under him, the economy was growing at 6%. Then all of you suddenly decided that a gworo chewing cattle rearer from Daura with a long history of incompetence is the answer to our prayer.
let my finger bend and never straight again if I ever vote for that idiotic myopic and senseless man called PMB. #GEJ_Till_I_Die

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF by slap1(m): 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
Igboic:
Slap1 nwanne, how you see this current mania harsh economic condition? No be to leave this colonial entity remain?

Nwanne...na wetin remain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Recession, Says IMF by AngryNigerian(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2016
Agimor:
IMF or whatever Nigeria is already in recession .prices of goods and services are on the rise while standard of living is going up . So we are stuck in recession already.

I think say you 4 don correct am since oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel Pledges Improved Relationship With Nigeria / Governor Umahi Sacks Appointees From Anyim's Ivo LGA / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 75th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.