Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) (55452 Views)

PDP Has Now Been Reduced To A Regional Party – APC / Saraki Unveils What Nigerians Should Expect From N’assembly In 2017 / Reno Omokri Mocks Oby Ezekwesili: "See What You Have Been Reduced To" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by Ligxy(f): 2:06am On Jul 20, 2016
I don't even know what to comment, is the economy meltdown melting people's brains or what? What kinda silly NGOs are these? People throw tantrums every other day and these mofos are carrying placards for what really? What kinda country is this for Goodness sake?

1 Like

Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by MoneyGreen(m): 2:12am On Jul 20, 2016
Correct reasoning. Nigeria, where do we go from here?
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by Trust77: 3:19am On Jul 20, 2016
Useless and stupid set of women..... They're all ashawos
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by Eaugusta(f): 3:44am On Jul 20, 2016
It's really a pity
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:53am On Jul 20, 2016
snowwhyte607:
A woman, Mrs Bridget Agbahime, was
gruesomely murdered in Kano by an angry mob
for merely requesting a Muslim fanatic to
perform his ablution elsewhere, there was no protest at all by Women NGO's in any part of Nigeria!
A woman, Evangelist Eunice Olawale, was hacked to death in Abuja last week or so by Muslim fanatics, for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Non of these so called NGO's or even Women Societies at large could come out and protest!

And wait for it....two politicians engaged in their
usual rofo-rofo fight and no one died. No one
was hurt. Facts show that both parties crossed
the lines of decency. The honorable thing to do
is to simply ignore them. Hey, but to my chagrin,
women NGOs are on the streets protesting against what exactly? Is this what the campaign for gender equality has been reduced to?
But this same women never protested the death of the two Women gruesomely killed in Kano and Abuja, or is it because the Women are not wives of one influential Politician or Personality, are the lives of Nigerians now so worthless?
Honestly, I don't want to be rude to anyone. But,
this is my definition of stupidity! May God save Nigeria from Enemies within!
Nigerians are hungry. Plus, majority are mentally lazy. This can be attributed to a variety of issues i.e lack of Govt support, poverty, poor education etc. So, theyll take the bread regardless of who is offering it.
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by patjane(f): 4:10am On Jul 20, 2016
Na joblessness cos am undecided..
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by FuckTheMod: 4:33am On Jul 20, 2016
snowwhyte607:
perform his ablution elsewhere, there was no protest at all by Women NGO's in any part of Nigeria!
A woman, Evangelist Eunice Olawale, was hacked to death in Abuja last week or so by Muslim fanatics, for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Non of these so called NGO's or even Women Societies at large could come out and protest!

women NGOs are on the streets protesting against what exactly? Is this what the campaign for gender equality has been reduced to?
But this same women never protested the death of the two Women gruesomely killed in Kano and Abuja, or is it because the Women are not wives of one influential Politician or Personality, are the lives of Nigerians now so worthless?
Busy body

Why didn't you start the protest
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by ClintonDal(m): 4:47am On Jul 20, 2016
This is just one of the so many reasons why Africa will never take gender equality serious. That is because the women themselves are mostly misdirected and confused.
They hate on themselves more than the opposite sex for just no reason.
Anyways that's what being jobless and hungry can get you. I just learnt that the BBOG woman (Hadiza Usman) has been made the MD of Nigeria Ports Authority. *smh*
We have a very long way to go, I just pity those who still believe that PDP and APC coupled with these pot bellied politicians can make life easier for the masses.
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by whizcartel(m): 4:54am On Jul 20, 2016
the thing be funny me when I see am... its clear that those women were paid.
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by cococandy(f): 4:56am On Jul 20, 2016
I agree there should have been a protest for the life of that murdered woman. For justice to be served. Heck there's so much going on in Nigeria that deserves protesting against.
But I'm in support of their protest against Dino. He's an example of what's wrong with Nigeria. If someone insults you, insult them back. Do not use it as an opportunity to bring out the rapey part of you and perpetuate the rape culture we already have going on. That's a big problem by itself.

2 Likes

Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by cococandy(f): 5:01am On Jul 20, 2016
Besides that preacher woman's death had nothing to do with gender equality. It has everything to do with religious intolerance. So that was everybody's protest. Why didn't you guys do something?

The Dino/Remi case has everything to do with gender and how women are constantly sexually degraded in Nigeria. So yes the women are right to protest it. Stop comparing apples to oranges.

If the preacher's death really hurt you, you should have done something. Not try to use the opportunity to downgrade someone else's movement. You're actually the hypocrites here.
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by deife(m): 5:02am On Jul 20, 2016
egopersonified:
it's like you are unaware that a bag of rice is selling for 17k, if you know the number of people at ogbe stadium last Saturday in the rain cheering their politicians for just 3k you will marvel. I don't think we are learning anything yet, maybe if $1=N1k, if a bag of 50kg rice sells for 30k, if crude oil prices drop further, if we still decide to depend on our oil mono economy, then we will all wake up and hold ourselves and our leaders accountable for what we would have left.

Hmmm, that's so deep.
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by lafex: 5:06am On Jul 20, 2016
Don't mind media that always carry propanga upandan. Mrs Elisha is also a land speculator (property agent) but u will never hear that on media.
She might probably been killed on land issue. God knows best
blackjack21:

It will tire you.

BTW, how did you know that, that Abuja murder was done by Muslim fanatics?
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by litetias(m): 5:09am On Jul 20, 2016
snowwhyte607:
Its very unfortunate that Nigerians now spend their time and energy on misplaced priorities, and the cause of this misplaced priorities I don't really know. Is it poverty as a result of the current economic hardship in the Country or just stupidity?

Nairalanders, opinions are needed on this please! More than 150 views and only one comment! If na nonsense thread now about Romance or some random celebrities una go just de comment any how

Bros it's poverty of the mind that is wrong with us in this country. Our moral compass is broken and all this Christianity and Islamism you see us so fervent about is nothing but fake.

From morning till night all we think about is how to get more titles, more money and acquire more property that we don't really need so that people will recognize us and call us Chief Dr Barr Oga and Madam all in a vain attempt to hide our aloness and emptiness
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by litetias(m): 5:14am On Jul 20, 2016
cococandy:
Besides that preacher woman's death had nothing to do with gender equality. It has everything to do with religious intolerance. So that was everybody's protest. Why didn't you guys do something?

The Dino/Remi case has everything to do with gender and how women are constantly sexually degraded in Nigeria. So yes the women are right to protest it. Stop comparing apples to oranges.

If the preacher's death really hurt you, you should have done something. Not try to use the opportunity to downgrade someone else's movement. You're actually the hypocrites here.

The indirect question the op is asking is that if Remi was not a big shot I mean if she was an ordinary woman on the streets would these women have protested for her? You and these women are the hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by oglalasioux(m): 5:17am On Jul 20, 2016
Who is to blame?

The sin-ators involved in the squabble or the women who were well paid to carry out the protests? Remember that hunger is in the land. Don't blame anyone for doing anything for money in this Buhari's change.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by greatgod2012(f): 5:28am On Jul 20, 2016
Wadraj:

You read Ben carson?

I have ALL his books.
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by linearity: 5:42am On Jul 20, 2016
No surprise here, he that pays the piper dictates the tune.

All these are all sponsored protest, follow the money and I wouldn't be surprise if all those banners, posters and T-shirts, etc were directly sourced from the individual on whose behalf the protest is beign carried out.

These women know who butters their bread...in fact, if the guy against whom, this protest is taking place now, approaches this same NGO tomorrow, with the right amount and 'motivation', the next protest will be in his Favour...all na job, just to make the daily bread.
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by Abujalandlord: 6:08am On Jul 20, 2016
its so sad and pathetic
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by youcantstopme: 6:13am On Jul 20, 2016
Poverty definitely as these paid women have to pay for the garri to feed their families, stomach first before fighting for what is right. This is what we have been reduced to. We were once proud people but.......... God help us.
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by MDOLOFU: 6:31am On Jul 20, 2016
Dat is wat u get wen u are been deceive dat APC has gud plan for d common man. Since they came to power is either fighting corruption one sided or protesting for not equating tinubu wife wit a man n in all dis BUHARI has been silence. Is dis wat I get for betraying GEJ to bring PMB to power? One day all dis politicians will answer here on earth or in hell because no space for dem in heaven
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:45am On Jul 20, 2016
snowwhyte607:

75 million is talking
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by LOVEGINO(m): 6:47am On Jul 20, 2016
greatgod2012:
It baffled me too.

Imagine two senators, that are supposed to be making laws for us, throwing tantrums at each other like children, and what the so called women NGOs could do is to protest against abuse.

But these NGOs were not bothered when women like them were murdered in their cold blood, just because of religious differences.

Nigerians and misplaced priorities is like Siamese twins.

Perhaps because those women killed were not as rich and influential like the politician's wife involved in the squabbles.
the thunder wey go fire them worst pass Bubu regime undecided
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:47am On Jul 20, 2016
snowwhyte607:
Its very unfortunate that Nigerians now spend their time and energy on misplaced priorities, and the cause of this misplaced priorities I don't really know. Is it poverty as a result of the current economic hardship in the Country or just stupidity?

Nairalanders, opinions are needed on this please! More than 150 views and only one comment! If na nonsense thread now about Romance or some random celebrities una go just de comment any how
so 75 million naira is misplaced priority. You think NGO na charity for naija
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:48am On Jul 20, 2016
greatgod2012:
It baffled me too.

Imagine two senators, that are supposed to be making laws for us, throwing tantrums at each other like children, and what the so called women NGOs could do is to protest against abuse.

But these NGOs were not bothered when women like them were murdered in their cold blood, just because of religious differences.

Nigerians and misplaced priorities is like Siamese twins.

Perhaps because those women killed were not as rich and influential like the politician's wife involved in the squabbles.
the murdered women should pony up 75 million to be taken serious
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by tonytony208(m): 6:51am On Jul 20, 2016
Sugarhugs:
Weiten concern me

It will concern you one day, except if you are from a different country.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by tinktanker: 6:52am On Jul 20, 2016
Funny enough, for the kill of those women, both men and women should have protested not just women. I believe Christians are all chickens n scared of Muslims
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by tinktanker: 6:53am On Jul 20, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
the murdered women should pony up 75 million to be taken serious
y are so insensitive
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 20, 2016
tonytony208:

It will concern you one day, except if you are from a different country.

Lolz you are the first person to make me laugh this morning cheesy
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 20, 2016
when money talks bullsh!t works,Nigeria will be backward for a long time
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by 0866ma081: 7:09am On Jul 20, 2016
Dn't get it twisted This are political sponsored protest
Re: Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2016
snowwhyte607:

I wish your post can be copied to entire news paper in Nigeria, a copy sent to NGO maybe they receive sense over there.

God bless You bro, I am sad for this country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dasuki Makes Public Appearance In Court After A While In Detention (Photos) / INEC Declares Lp's Donatus Mathew Winner Of Kaura Fed Constituency Kaduna / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.