Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,401 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nigeria's Economy And The Way Forward (Discussion Thread) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economy And The Way Forward (Discussion Thread) (519 Views)

Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics / The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts / Nigerians Rate Buhari High On Economy And Governance - Leadership Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Economy And The Way Forward (Discussion Thread) by Talk2bryant(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
Growing up, comedians ridicule the Ghana Cedis compared to the Naira. My favorite is a Nigerian that went to Ghana and changed a few thousand Naira, which when converted amount into millions in Cedis, and coming to his friend's wedding in Nigeria, he sprayed the couple. The couple thinking they've hammered changed the money to Naira, to their amazement, it was a token. 

I'm not grounded in economics, in terms of how GDP, FX, and how foreign policies works, but I know a country that only import goods and not producing or exporting at the same rate is at the losing end. 

My thought has been how Ghana revamped it's economy such that their currency is stronger than the Naira, can't we apply similar approach? 

Yes corruption has been the major setback, and the current administration hasn't done enough to put up a team like Obj did back then to tackle the economic crises when he resumed office. 

Economists in the house, what's the way forward?‎
Re: Nigeria's Economy And The Way Forward (Discussion Thread) by dgalon(m): 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2016
Farming bro...I was in my room minding my own business, thinking of the way forward until my cousin just barge in from nowhere asking me did I heard? I said no, he said buhari son that just graduated some weeks ago..I said yes, what abt it? he said yusuf tender his certificate to buhari but unfortunately for yusuf, buhari open the burnett of his car n bring hoe n cutlass grin, give it to yusuf n told him to go farm shocked..n collect the certifcate. I don't knw if this story is true or not.. But if the son of number one citizen can go back to farm who I my to stay idle and wait for goverment to give me jobethat may nvr come...bck to farm..checkmydp for pinshure
Re: Nigeria's Economy And The Way Forward (Discussion Thread) by squarelead(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
The way forward is to eradicate corruption indeed.
Re: Nigeria's Economy And The Way Forward (Discussion Thread) by bluebay2(f): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
Waiting for the economist in the house

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Apc Fans Blame GEJ For Buhari's Woes But Credit PMB With GEJ Achievement / Ambassadorial Nominees Fumble While Reciting National Anthem, Pledge / Professor Tunde Adeniran Explains His Intention To Lead PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.