Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening (3794 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Oau Aspirants 2018/19 / Whatsapp Group For Oau Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
Christardor:
Which course?..

maths
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Christardor:
Which course?..

maths
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Christardor: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Nice.Thats rare for ladies taking up that course...
Have you been screened?
MhizVeronica:

maths
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
Christardor:
Nice.Thats rare for ladies taking up that course...
Have you been screened?

nop i applied for funaab tho ave done the online screening waiting to be shortlisted for the interactive screening
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Christardor: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
Okay..I taught you are an OAU aspirant...Good Luck.
MhizVeronica:

nop i applied for funaab tho ave done the online screening waiting to be shortlisted for the interactive screening
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by maleekfrenzy(m): 6:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
I just registered for my brother today but his score wasn't calculated on the slip...please who else's own is like that...all the necessary documents were uploaded
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by PECng: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2019
It’s no news anymore that OAU has released to JAMB the first batch of the names of people who have been offered admission by the institution, remaining for JAMB to upload it on their portal. At least everyone on the list can now see a certain change on their CAPS on JAMB’s website (i.e. change from NOT ADMITTED YET to PROCESSING ADMISSION). But before I continue on expatiating the admission news, let me take advantage of this topic to explain once again that—contrary to what almost everyone thinks—it is not JAMB that offers admission but the school you have applied to, and CAPS is only a platform JAMB uses to monitor the admission processes of every school to make sure no one is offered more than one admission when there are people who didn’t even get one. In simpler terms, your school—after screening you—determines the criteria they want to use to admit applicants, they make a list of the applicants they have considered for admission based on the criteria they have determined or through any other means that could make the applicant qualify for the consideration for admission (runs, slots, etc.), they release the lists to JAMB, and JAMB uploads them to their web (CAPS). This should be enough to make it clear how it is not JAMB that offers admission but the school. This could seem like unneeded information, but for those having issues with their schools and JAMB over their admission; they cannot see this information as useless. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/10/oau-set-to-release-first-batch-tags-oau.html?m=1

Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by PECng: 10:49am On Nov 07, 2019
How Slots, “Runs” and Admission Processing work in OAU
Being a “runsman” (as they address us), I have gotten to be in conversations with candidates and parents who only know there are things called slots, “runs”, and admission processing, but really don’t understand how they work. I have also conversed with candidates and parents who don’t even know a thing about all these things I just mentioned. Hence, it becomes a call on a runsman cum blogger like me to take advantage of blogging to explain this issue which causes problems for OAU runsmen like me. I’ll start from explaining how slots work in OAU. Continue reading here>>>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2019/11/how-slots-runs-and-admission-processing.html?m=1

Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by PECng: 10:36am On Dec 09, 2019
Still Waiting on OAU’s Admission List
The year is having just few of working days left, the school is already one week into her Rain (Second) Semester exams, and most Predegree, UTME and DE applicants are yet to have their names on CAPS as offered admission. What is happening? Why is OAU overly slow about this admission processes, and is it safe to keep waiting on OAU hoping when they eventually release all their batches of admission lists, your name will be there. Here are the questions applicants and their parents have been asking recently, and I want to address these questions in this write-up. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/12/still-waiting-on-oaus-admission-list.html

Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by PECng: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2020
“Transfer Approval” and “Admission Eligibility Newly Introduced on CAPS: The Possible Effects
The introduction of Admission Eligibility to CAPS is the newest function to add to the web, and I can already tell it’s a very good one. Good one because aspirants and their wards won’t have to wait on an admission that will never be given again. You just check your eligibility for the course you are under consideration for, and if you don’t have three green boxes carrying yes, yes and yes in them, you already know you can’t be offered admission to that course, this is when you need a slot—the only place left which slots can still work. Your slot person will just need to get a slot for you to another department which cutoff you beat; you see how easy it suddenly got to process admission? You are carried along in every process, instead of being left in the dark as it used to be years ago. Kudos to JAMB. But if you are an aspirant currently on slots, it’s advisable you talk to your slot person ASAP to know how the new development will be affecting you or has affected you, and re-strategize on the new thing to do. CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING >>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/02/transfer-approval-and-admission.html

Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by PECng: 3:25pm On May 16, 2022
The Next Things for OAU Aspirants Now that they have Passed their UTME
Yearly, I always advise OAU aspirants to never have a reason to wait till OAU says something about post-UTME before they start making moves about their admission processes; there are thousands (if not millions) of UTME applicants who chose OAU as their choice of school, but the 200/400 total UTME score required by OAU for an aspirant to qualify for their post-UTME cuts the competition down by lots of thousands to fewer thousands who will also have to compete in the post-UTME before the school’s departments would give out their cutoff marks to cut more thousands of applicants off to the level of having just a few hundreds or less per department. This would mean that from the level of picking up a UTME form and choosing OAU, to the level of admission, being an OAU aspirant would mean that you are competing with thousands of people who want the same thing you want, and there are a lot of things you must do differently and better to be what determines whether you win in the competition or you lose in it. CONTINUE READING HERE https://www.pecngr.com/2022/05/the-next-things-for-oau-aspirants-now.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote No Longer Africa's Richest Man / The Difference Between Yoga And Vodka(pic) / School Punishment Abroad VS In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.