Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening (3798 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Oau Aspirants 2018/19 / Whatsapp Group For Oau Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
OAU ask student to pay a sum of 6850, no physical appearance, and once u input your jamb data and o'level result, your final score is calculated, the only thing you will wait for after screening is the cut off mark for your course.

Do you think that is right.

For me, is not ideal cos a lot of candidate will be disadvantaged "those that don't have good grades in their O'level result"

For instance:

today i registered for two people

the first gal scored 235 chose medicine buh her o'level, most of her grade is c4, c5 nd c6...........wen she registered her total score was 55.7%

the other guy scored 219 chose maths buh his o'level grade is A1, (2) B3, B2 nd c4.overall was 58.1%

so let say OAU released course cutoff as
Medicine: 60%
Maths: 50%

it certain the first girl is out, not becus she didn't pass buh her course cutoff drops her

I think post utme is better off than this or what do you think

3 Likes

Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ok
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Tunami(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
MhizVeronica:
OAU ask student to pay a sum of 6850, no physical appearance, and once u input your jamb data and o'level result, your final score is calculated, the only thing you will wait for after screening is the cut off mark for your course.

For me, is not ideal cos a lot of candidate will be disadvantaged "those that don't have good grades in their O'level result"

For instance:

the first gal scored 235 chose medicine buh her o'level, most of her grade is c4, c5 nd c6...........wen she registered her total score was 55.7%

the other guy scored 219 chose maths buh his o'level grade is A1, (2) B3, B2 nd c4.overall was 58.1%

it certain the first girl is out, not becus she didn't pass buh her course cutoff drops her

please on the upload of certificates did u upload the original certificate or normal waec printed result?
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by hinohsend: 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
I learnt UTME takes 70per ,seems fair to me.I pray UI uses the same method.

1 Like

Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Teedove10(m): 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
I completed my admission screening today for Direct entry but I observed something that has kept me thinking.. my utme score reads 0/400. while the olevel result reads 46.9% and the total reads 46.9%.. I'm confused.. yes! I applied through direct entry but why is my utme result gnored..
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by youngvic406: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
[quote author=MhizVeronica post=47705780]OAU ask student to pay a sum of 6850, no physical appearance, and once u input your jamb data and o'level result, your final score is calculated, the only thing you will wait for after screening is the cut off mark for your course.

For instance:

I think post utme is better off than this or what do you think[are u sure they are not using point system]
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
Tunami:
please on the upload of certificates did u upload the original certificate or normal waec printed result?

NORMAL WAEC PRINT OUT
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
hinohsend:
I learnt UTME takes 70per ,seems fair to me.I pray UI uses the same method.

o'level will judge, wah abt those with low jamb score
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
Teedove10:
I completed my admission screening today for Direct entry but I observed something that has kept me thinking.. my utme score reads 0/400. while the olevel result reads 46.9% and the total reads 46.9%.. I'm confused.. yes! I applied through direct entry but why is my utme result gnored..

that so serious oo
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Affable0709(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
More disadvantage.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by hinohsend: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
MhizVeronica:

o'level will judge, wah abt those with low jamb score

Like you said O'level result should help.If one has low UTME result plus average grades in O'level,you should still be above 50,e.g [8 C4s=15] + [UTME 200=35] = 50 ....OAU would def. have some courses with 50 as cutoff.

If one has a worse result than the above the he/she should start praying for a change of policy or look at other options.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Teedove10(m): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
I'm so confused ..is it that there's no need for utme score if one applied through direct entry? or the result at diploma level is wat will be used in place of the utme score.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Teedove10(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
MhizVeronica:

that so serious oo
very serious!!!
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by 9rad(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
embarassed
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Demmieviere(f): 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2016
MhizVeronica:
We Were Granted D Right Of Choosing Two Courses(i.E Ur Desired Course 'nd Any Other..). If O A U Releases Their Cut Off 'nd She Couldn't Meet Up With D 1st Choice Course, She Might Be Lucky With D Second, Provided She Chose A Less Competitive Course As Her 2nd Choice Course.
Ps: Fellow Aspirants Ain't Supposed To Choose Two Competitive Courses. It Might Give Slim Chances Of Gaining Admission. But, Who Knows... With A Good/High Score, One Might Wanna Risk It...(GOOD LUCK!). My Opinion, Though.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Teedove10(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
Demmieviere:

We Were Granted D Right Of Choosing Two Courses(i.E Ur Desired Course 'nd Any Other..). If O A U Releases Their Cut Off 'nd She Couldn't Meet Up With D 1st Choice Course, She Might Be Lucky With D Second, Provided She Chose A Less Competitive Course As Her 2nd Choice Course.
Ps: Fellow Aspirants Ain't Supposed To Choose Two Competitive Courses. It Might Give Slim Chances Of Gaining Admission. But, Who Knows... With A Good/High Score, One Might Wanna Risk It...(GOOD LUCK!). My Opinion, Though.
Good talk. for direct entry ur second choice of course is irrelevant as u can only choose the very course u read at diploma level.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
i heard they have released cut off
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Demmieviere(f): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
Teedove10:

Good talk. for direct entry ur second choice of course is irrelevant as u can only choose the very course u read at diploma level.
Exactly.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Teedove10(m): 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
MhizVeronica:
u don't mean it..source please
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Teedove10(m): 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
Demmieviere:

Exactly.
my question is how will they access direct entry applicants since they don't have utme score.
is there an allocated mark for
Distinction or upper credit.
oau wan run me mad chaii
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Demmieviere(f): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
MhizVeronica:
Like Seriously? Lols.. That's Nt True.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Demmieviere(f): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
Teedove10:

my question is how will they access direct entry applicants since they don't have utme score.
is there an allocated mark for
Distinction or upper credit.
oau wan run me mad chaii
Sorry, I Hv No Idea 'bout That.. Didn't U Obtain D D.E Jamb Form?
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by druxy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
Demmieviere:

so you guys don abandon the oau thread abi..lol..BTW whats your screening mark...sure its 70+
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by druxy(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
MhizVeronica:

For instance:

hope you ain't one of those that advocated for the scrapping in the first place

when you said its not ideal for those with low jamb score..what should happen to those with poor jamb score due to error ....the screening should have been 50/50 to provide equal playground
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
Errrrrrrr.........
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by MhizVeronica(f): 9:19am On Jul 22, 2016
druxy:
hope you ain't one of those that advocated for the scrapping in the first place

when you said its not ideal for those with low jamb score..what should happen to those with poor jamb score due to error ....the screening should have been 50/50 to provide equal playground

i neva support the scrapping of post ume cos i was affected too got 201 wen am sure i did more dan dat
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Teedove10(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2016
MhizVeronica:

i neva support the scrapping of post ume cos i was affected too got 201 wen am sure i did more dan dat
ehyaah! just be optimistic!
I myself can't comprehend what's going on this year with our education. it shall be well!
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by druxy(m): 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
MhizVeronica:

then you are safe grin
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by calebify1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
OAU is just trying hard to harness d situation at hand.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Hughes62(m): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
Do you need accomodation during ur OAU Screening, hit me up @08143018509
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Demmieviere(f): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2016
druxy:
so you guys don abandon the oau thread abi..lol..BTW whats your screening mark...sure its 70+
Lol... Just Relax 'nd Watch How D Tread Becomes Lively Once Again As Soon As Each Departmental Cut-off Mark Is Released...
#Lols
Good Morning.
Re: OAU ASPIRANTS- What Do You Think About The New System Used In Screening by Christardor: 2:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
MhizVeronica:

Which course?..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Went From Being Broke, Depressed To Traveling The World / Uniabuja Gets Accreditation For Medicine, Other Courses / The Ambassadors International School Ota, Inter House Sport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.