Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,754 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass (1125 Views)

From Grass To Grass; The Boy Who Was Chain On His Neck To Die(pics) / How Nnamdi Kanu Fell From Grace - By Tony Adibe / BUHARI: Before The Ultimate Grace To Grass - Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by cynthia123(f): 8:51am On Jul 20, 2016
Do you know this man?
Let me tell you about him... A very interesting story.

This is Blaise Compaoré, he was president of Burkina Faso from 1987 to 2014. He was alleged to have betrayed his best friend, Thomas Sankara who was the president then. The friend was assinated and he took over power.

He won elections in 1991, 1998, 2005, and 2010 in questionable circumstances.
While in power he stocked wealth. He stored up so much money for himself at home and abroad. He had many houses and cars

In 2014, he tried to amend the constitution to extend his 27-year term but the people resisted and that led to Burkinabé uprising. People were ready to die and crumble the economy rather than let him remain in power.

On 31 October 2014, Compaoré resigned and fled to the Ivory Coast.

Now he is in hidding in Ivory Coast, he is drinking a bottle of fanta and puff puff. All those wealth and power gone .

I hope African leaders can learn from this picture.
We are tired of being backward!
Don't push us!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by 4Kemzy(m): 9:20am On Jul 20, 2016
Greed and lust for wealth and power. The repercussory effects is always disastrous. Other African leaders who are power drunk should take cue from his catastrophic fall and treat their subjects equal and with the utmost fear of the almighty. A big lesson though....

2 Likes

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by talktrue1(m): 9:25am On Jul 20, 2016
what happened to his wealth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by BlackSeptember: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2016
One day buhari will suffer same fate but it will be in ICC prison for using mass hunger as genocide against Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by Arielle: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2016
Karma is a bit ch, eh Blaise? Killer of my guy Sankara. Big lesson for other despots.

1 Like

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by nwaanambra1(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2016
talktrue1:
what happened to his wealth?

the west accused him of ill-gotten wealth and therefore stole the money from him in their usual manner of stealing from evil African leaders!

now they are using his money to develop their own country - and i mean huge loads of cash, properties and assets, diamonds and gold running into billions of dollars - like approximately 200 billion dollars! angry angry

and the small change he saved in his country, the current government confiscated it! now he is as broke as a garage tout! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by blackpanda: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2016
BlackSeptember:
One day buhari will suffer same fate but it will be in ICC prison for using mass hunger as genocide against Nigerians

Tah!

1 Like

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by cynthia123(f): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2016
I hope our present and future leaders are reading this....

The rod of Karma is very close to some of them
Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by Fadamant: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2016
Hahahahaha. I laugh in French. @Cynthia123, where did you see Uncle Compaore drinking fanta and eating puff puff?

Evil African leaders.
Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by cynthia123(f): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2016
@Fadamant: That aint no Photoshop. Its Papa Blaise sitting jejely and sipping Fanta and Puff Puff.
Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by jamace(m): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
Not about what he is eating but a lesson that leaders should serve their people well so that when they leave office, they will have peace, respect and support of their people.

1 Like

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
cynthia123:
I hope our present and future leaders are reading this....

The rod of Karma is very close to some of them

Blaisé is fortunate to be alive meaning he's got an opportunity to at least make amends.

Mobutu, Bare, Doe, Abacha, Habyarimana etc weren't so lucky

1 Like

Re: Blaise Campaore: From Grace To Grass by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2016
So sad that after the first 50years of independence in Africa, we had more demons than men in power

Mengistu
Mobutu
Banda
Numeiri
Ghadafi
Conté
Arap-Moi
Touré etc

The few who were true to themselves didn't stay for long enough:
Nasser
Nyerere
Strasser
Sankara
Lumumba etc

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is EFCC's Investigation On Gov. Fayose Doing More Harm Than Good? / Tension: OPC Sends Very Strong Warning To Niger Delta Militants / This Is A Great Mistake I've Ever Make In Journey!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.