Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Mr. President, Can I Talk To You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr. President, Can I Talk To You? (297 Views)

No President Can Perform Magic When There Is Tension – Jonathan / "I Don't Talk To Monkeys" - Fayose To Sheriff / Only An Igbo President Can Rebuild Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mr. President, Can I Talk To You? by obaao(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2016
Your silence on the spree killing of Nigerians by the Herdsmen is a cancer to your government, among other things, which will deteriorate the sanity healing being experienced in the society.

Sir, this singular action of yours contradicts your diversification policy of the economy by boosting the agricultural sector. Farmers are being killed like herds while the grazing on farm lands reduces the chances of improving the economy.

What amuses most is your failure to address this issue but proactive in sending condolence messages to other countries if bereaved. If one of the reasons why we voted for you is being jeopardised by a group you once headed, then the security of the country is on the thin line.

Sir, you are the president of Nigeria and not a group, tribe or association. The argument on these marauders' status in Nigeria should not be an issue for debate. A foreign criminal is a criminal; a local criminal is a criminal and must be made to face the court of law regardless of his status in the country. Over 1,500 generations have been brought to an abrupt end and not a single herdsman has been arrested. You cannot claim innocent on who the leaders of these herdsmen are and ensure them to produce the perpetrators of the peace in Nigeria.
Few months ago, the National Secretary of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association granted interview on reasons for the killing by members of the association. Despite the incriminating statement given by the Secretary-General,no institution has invited him for questioning.

The failure to save Nigerians from these blood thirsty group is a failure of Security and is inviting civil war into the country.

Mr. President, ACT before it is too late.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians’ Current Travails Sadden Me, El-rufai / One Way To Generate Income For Nigeria / Chibok Girls:boko-haram Might Hinder Negotiation Of The Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.