Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari (2019 Views)

Donald Trump to Call President Buhari, Zuma on Phone Today / Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption / Nicknames Nigerians Call State Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Samguine: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari, the 5th civilian president of Nigeria is to Nigerians what they deem him to be. To this end, many Nigerians prefer to call him some names owing to his background, political life, and the how the nation has fared under his one year administration.

However, many make mockery and humour of situations to christen the president 72 years after his official christening by parents.

Here are some funny names Nigerians call President Muhammadu Buhari

Sai Baba

This is the slogan, used majorly during the electioneering campaign in 2015. And till today, Northerners use the word frequently to praise the president. In one of his visits to Kaduna State months after election, the chants of ‘Sai Baba’ rented the air and this has stuck as one of Mr President’s name.

Baba go slow

As the name implies, Buhari has been labelled a slow president in many quarters. The name became rampant during the one-year celebration of his ascension to office. Is Baba actually slow? That is left to you to judge.

Goro President

Goro in Hausa language is kola and many northerners are known for consuming it. The name is rampant among southerner, especially for northern traders. Being a northerner, President Buhari has nbeen named a Goro President.

Anti-corruption

Since assuming power, president Buhari’s anti-corruption war has been ‘well fought.’ With the arrest of prominent names such as Femi Fani Kayode, Sambo Dasuki, Olisa Metuh, Lawal Jafaru Isa and others, Buhari has earned himself a new name; Anti-corruption.

Dollardinho

Nigerians are passionate about how the currency does against the US Dollars. However, the naira has been depreciating in recent times. For this reason, the president has been named the ‘Dollardinho’ of our time.

Daura President

President Buhari's certificate saga has been on for a while. Many believed he has no WAEC certificate and this has earned him a new name - Daura President.

Ajala the traveler

In his first year in office, President Muhammadu Buhari embarked upon 29 foreign trips despite the myriad of challenges facing the country. Many accused him of staying of staying off the country more than he stays at home. For this, the president has been named Ajala the traveler.

Old Soja

This parlance is usually reserved for retired military officers in Nigeria. Being a former military president, the name seem to be well justified.

Baba Zahra

President Buhari is being addressed as such because of one of his pretty daughters, Zahra, whose beauty was in the spotlight during her father’s campaigns and after.

Source: https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/9-funny-names-nigerians-call-president-buhari.217507/

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2016
grin
Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by ikbnice(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2016
Call him any names, the fact remains that he is still the president.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Mediapace: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2016
*Babachange
*Hodophile
*Herdsman

3 Likes

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by buharisbae(f): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
op edit ur post and put "NAMES WAILERS/IPAD YOOT call buhari undecided embarassed

1 Like

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Nne5: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
I'm not buhari's supporter and i don't insult him either but i always lol whenever i see this.
Gworo chewing kunu drinking burukutu sipping presidiot

12 Likes

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nne5:
I'm not buhari's supporter and i don't insult him either but i always lol whenever i see this Gworo chewing kunu drinking burukutu sipping presidiot

lol grin keep on laughing at your President

1 Like

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by jamace(m): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Standing5(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
I will love to see a thread for Jonathan, Yaradua and OBJ's nicknames.
Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by funlord(m): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
grin

O.p you forgot to add the funniest one of all,

MR PRESIDENT!

Abi you no go follow me laff?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by re175: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
Op take am easy dey lie abeg. . .its not dollardinho. . .dullařdînhó. . .you may add gworo chewing, burukutu sipping bas****d. grin

Even Nairaland sef censored the word to President Buhari. Hahaha grin

2 Likes

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by OlanreJohnson: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2016
We yorubas have used style to change 'President Buhari' to 'dollardinho'. We have also used style to remove 'El-dullardeen'. We are very sharp. grin

2 Likes

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Mcowubaba: 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
Standing5:
I will love to see a thread for Jonathan, Yaradua and OBJ's nicknames.
U still want to bring Past Administration into this shocked shocked....

Go nd create ur own thread....
Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by ahaz: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
Samguine:
President Muhammadu Buhari, the 5th civilian president of Nigeria is to Nigerians what they deem him to be. To this end, many Nigerians prefer to call him some names owing to his background, political life, and the how the nation has fared under his one year administration.

However, many make mockery and humour of situations to christen the president 72 years after his official christening by parents.

Here are some funny names Nigerians call President Muhammadu Buhari

Sai Baba

This is the slogan, used majorly during the electioneering campaign in 2015. And till today, Northerners use the word frequently to praise the president. In one of his visits to Kaduna State months after election, the chants of ‘Sai Baba’ rented the air and this has stuck as one of Mr President’s name.

Baba go slow

As the name implies, Buhari has been labelled a slow president in many quarters. The name became rampant during the one-year celebration of his ascension to office. Is Baba actually slow? That is left to you to judge.

Goro President

Goro in Hausa language is kola and many northerners are known for consuming it. The name is rampant among southerner, especially for northern traders. Being a northerner, President Buhari has nbeen named a Goro President.

Anti-corruption

Since assuming power, president Buhari’s anti-corruption war has been ‘well fought.’ With the arrest of prominent names such as Femi Fani Kayode, Sambo Dasuki, Olisa Metuh, Lawal Jafaru Isa and others, Buhari has earned himself a new name; Anti-corruption.

Dollardinho

Nigerians are passionate about how the currency does against the US Dollars. However, the naira has been depreciating in recent times. For this reason, the president has been named the ‘Dollardinho’ of our time.

Daura President

President Buhari's certificate saga has been on for a while. Many believed he has no WAEC certificate and this has earned him a new name - Daura President.

Ajala the traveler

In his first year in office, President Muhammadu Buhari embarked upon 29 foreign trips despite the myriad of challenges facing the country. Many accused him of staying of staying off the country more than he stays at home. For this, the president has been named Ajala the traveler.

Old Soja

This parlance is usually reserved for retired military officers in Nigeria. Being a former military president, the name seem to be well justified.

Baba Zahra

President Buhari is being addressed as such because of one of his pretty daughters, Zahra, whose beauty was in the spotlight during her father’s campaigns and after.

Source: https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/9-funny-names-nigerians-call-president-buhari.217507/
op add olodo daura,johnny walker,daura cowboy, lalsticala add urs.
Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by ajepako(f): 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
Nne5:
I'm not buhari's supporter and i don't insult him either but i always lol whenever i see this Gworo chewing kunu drinking burukutu sipping presidiot

That is omenkata and bloodykiller trademark..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That guy na case!
Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by batstan(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
I am still your President . grin grin

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Nne5: 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
ajepako:

That is omenkata and bloodykiller trademark..
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That guy na case!
Lool. I always wonder how they come up with such .Very creative.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Nne5: 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2016

3 Likes

Re: 9 Funny Names Nigerians Call President Buhari by Standing5(m): 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mcowubaba:

U still want to bring Past Administration into this shocked shocked....

Go nd create ur own thread....
What's wrong with past admin? Are u 1 of them?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Court Bars FRSC From Issuing Fine To Motorist / Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself / Biafra: Allow Referendum, 2014 Confab Delegates, Groups Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.