Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself (2018 Views)

2015 Poll: Why I Conceded Defeat – Jonathan / Policemen Demanding Money From Me Since I Won Ondo Poll — Akeredolu / Ondo Poll: We Will Accept Jimoh Ibrahim As PDP Candidate If... - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by kinibigdeal(m): 2:48am On Nov 25, 2016
Am talking about in the spirit of fairness and equity where rigging is not allowed and the collation centre does not determines the winner. Let me take our mind back to 2012

In 2012, 3 major candidate contested for the ondo state election which are :

1. Olusegun Mimiko (LP)
2. Rotimi Akeredolu (ACN)
3. Olusola Oke (PDP)

About 1,546,081 registered for the election, 645,594 were accredited while 624,659 voted (which amounts to about 40% of the vote cast).

RESULTS OF EACH CANDIDATES

Ondo state consists of 18 local government, Mimiko won 13 out of 18 local government, followed by olusola Oke of PDP with 2 local government and Rotimi Akeredolu of ACN, 3 local government

1. Olusegun Mimiko(LP) 260,199 votes (41.6%)
2. Olusola Oke (PDP) 155,961 votes(26.25%)
3. Rotimi Akeredolu (ACN) 143,512 votes (24.15%)

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/ondo-poll-myth-of-mimikos-landslide-victory/

CHANCES OF THE CANDIDATE

There are 3 senatorial zone in Ondo State which are Ondo south, Ondo central and Ondo North

1. Ondo south senatorial district has 6 local government: Ilaje, Okitipupa, Ese-odo, Irele and Ile-Oluji/Oke-Igbo. OLUSOLA OKE is from Ilaje local government, many believes this zone should be is stronghold or rather a walk over; but Eyitayo Jegede's deputy 'Mafo' is also from this zone which may split the vote between Jegede and Oke. Ese-odo is also a local government dominated by the ijaw group, from the history of ondo state election, Ese-Odo have always been voting for PDP but in this case, it will be highly contested between Oke and Eyitayo. Oke will win this zone but it may not be a landslide victory. Akeredolu does not have any chance in this zone

2. Ondo central senatorial district also has 6 local government which are Ondo west, Ondo east, Akure North, idanre and Ifedore. This is the terrain of the incumbent governor Olusegun Mimiko. This senatorial district in history have always determines who occupies the government house, for example when Mimiko joined AD using is influence at this zone, the party won. When he joined Agagu at PDP, Agagu won, when he contested with Labour party, he also won. The ondo central district is usually the heart of ondo state election. However, Bola Ilori an ally of aregbesola is from this zone which means he will thrive hard to split the vote in Olusola Oke's favour. What may eventually favour Jegede in this regards is that Akure had never produce a governor before, that may split people's opinion and vote. Moreso, Akeredolu stands no chance in this zone.

3. Ondo North senatorial district consist of 6 local government which are Akoko N/W, Akoko S/W, Akoko S/E, Akoko N/E, Owo and Ose. Rotimi Akeredolu of APC and Agunloye of SDP are from this zone. Akeredolu is from Owo while Agunloye is from erusu akoko. We cannot therefore, conclude that Akeredolu controls this zone bearing it in mind that another candidate in this election is from same zone. The APC primaries that produce Akeredolu might count in this regard because of the big wigs like Senator Borrofice (A pro Tinubu), Tunji Abayomi, Foluso Adefemi are from this zones, and their support might be shifted to Olusola Oke. I dont see how Borrofice will shift is camp to the camp of Akeredolu even though they belong to same party. The internal crisis in Ondo North might favour Olusola Oke. Eyitayo Jegede chances in this zone is slim, Akeredolu will only win Owo and some few part in Akoko due to Agunloye and Boroffice's factor.

CONCLUSION

The following statistics proved the above title

ONDO CENTRAL
AKURE NORTH 57,744
AKURE SOUTH 241,793
IDANRE 69,236
IFEDORE 63,760
ONDO WEST 146,212
ONDO EAST 105,545
TOTAL 684,290 which amount to 44%

ONDO SOUTH

ESE ODO 53,981
ILAJE 110,971
ILE OLUJI 58,652
IRELE 54, 552
ODIGBO 107,930
OKITIPUPA 90,730 which about to about 30% in total

ONDO NORTH

AKOKO N/W 60,372
AKOKO S/E 28,970
AKOKO S/W 85,765
AKOKO N/E 65,813
OWO 108,349
OSE 56,197 which means about 25%

Based on the above statistics, if election results are not manipulated, the results of 2010 election might repeat itself. Ondo central with some vote in the south will produce the winner

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Babacele: 4:00am On Nov 25, 2016
Are u sure? in 2012 one of the candidate was a political orphan who was ditched by his party for the incumbent ,true or false? Against all odds, he came second while the main opposition with the full support of a united structure came third, true or false? 60% of Ifedore,idanre, Ode irele with atlst 35% from Akure n Ondo ; 65% of Akoko and 70 % of Southern votes are already in alignment. All we are praying for is a free and fair atmosphere. Truth is Jegede last minute inclusion is a thorny wedge to the Abuja cabal's calculations of reaping a windfall. But things can still change before tomorrow sha.
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by isaacputi(m): 4:24am On Nov 25, 2016
It was 2012 actually
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by mosalab(m): 6:31am On Nov 25, 2016
In a sane country, Olusola Ọ̀kẹ́ should win squarely... But is Nigeria a sane country Tomorrow shall tell...

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by kinibigdeal(m): 7:56am On Nov 25, 2016
Currently in Ondo state, APC are running hecter skelter due to the influence of the incumbent on Ondo central. Jegede just alter the political calculation. As it stand Akeredolu is out of the context, except the rig massively. He will only win massively in Owo. The battle is between Oke and Jegede, the grassroot support of Oke and is underground support of Aregbesola and Tinubu is key
Babacele:
Are u sure? in 2010 one of the candidate was a political orphan who was ditched by his party for the incumbent ,true or false? Against all odds, he came second while the main opposition with the full support of a united structure came third, true or false? 60% of Ifedore,idanre, Ode irele with atlst 35% from Akure n Ondo ; 65% of Akoko and 70 % of Southern votes are already in alignment. All we are praying for is a free and fair atmosphere. Truth is Jegede last minute inclusion is a thorny wedge to the Abuja cabal's calculations of reaping a windfall. But things can still change before tomorrow sha.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by kinibigdeal(m): 7:57am On Nov 25, 2016
Corrected
isaacputi:
It was 2012 actually
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by kinibigdeal(m): 7:59am On Nov 25, 2016
With the calculation, Olusola Oke cant win, but he is definitely a threat. My fear is the changing of results sheet to favour Akeredolu
mosalab:
In a sane country, Olusola Ọ̀kẹ́ should win squarely... But is Nigeria a sane country Tomorrow shall tell...
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by dayo23(f): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2016
Election that has been done and dusted!! Akeredolu will win and nothing will happen
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by mandarin: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
Your analysis I can deduce meant the odd seems to favor Oke. I feel Akoko votes will count so well and that will determine the winner.My opinion though.
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Babacele: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Currently in Ondo state, APC are running hecter skelter due to the influence of the incumbent on Ondo central. Jegede just alter the political calculation. As it stand Akeredolu is out of the context, except the rig massively. He will only win massively in Owo. The battle is between Oke and Jegede, the grassroot support of Oke and is underground support of Aregbesola and Tinubu is key
gbam! this election ehn naa referendum. let us wait till tomorrow.
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Babacele: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
isaacputi:
It was 2012 actually
thanks it is 2012 really, not 2010.
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Babacele: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinibigdeal them share money for your area? no b small money flow yesterday ooo- and all the parties are guilty. sooo many things changed within 24 hours. hmmm why for example Abraham n Borrofice come relax n tactically contribute about 100k votes to Aketi? something is fishy.
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by kinibigdeal(m): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
They took the advantages of the bad economy to solicit for vote. Too bad
Babacele:
kinibigdeal them share money for your area? no b small money flow yesterday ooo- and all the parties are guilty. sooo many things changed within 24 hours. hmmm why for example Abraham n Borrofice come relax n tactically contribute about 100k votes to Aketi? something is fishy.
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Johnnyessence(m): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
at last my prayer does not go in vain. I strongly believe in prayers it work for me and always work. congratulations to the governor of ondo state. I pray for u barrister rotimi Akeredolu u will succeed more than your predecessor. I pray all your campaign manifestos will be successful. I pray whoever that want to stop u from doing the peoples will be shattered. I pray you will live long. I pray the will of God will come to pass in your lives and your families in Jesus name. to the good people of ondo state, thank you for giving the votes to the peaceful man.
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Babacele: 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinibigdeal:
They took the advantages of the bad economy to solicit for vote. Too bad
I observed 2 things.
1. APC outspent PDP .
2. Tinubu n co never influenced anything. I started observing the deliberate withdrawal of all d heavyweights that participated in the primary 2 weeks ago as if they don gree to pardon d' past'. so wat happened beyond d public gaze? something is fishy .
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by kinibigdeal(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
I still have my fears for Akeredolu inspite of him winning. He will have to contend with an underground forces similar to the experience of Fayose
Babacele:
I observed 2 things.
1. APC outspent PDP .
2. Tinubu n co never influenced anything. I started observing the deliberate withdrawal of all d heavyweights that participated in the primary 2 weeks ago as if they don gree to pardon d' past'. so wat happened beyond d public gaze? something is fishy .
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Babacele: 8:34am On Nov 28, 2016
kinibigdeal:
I still have my fears for Akeredolu inspite of him winning. He will have to contend with an underground forces similar to the experience of Fayose
Bros Tinubu just confirmed my hunch. shey I tell u something was fishy about the whole affair especially with about 100k votes coming from 2 of his boys in Akoko to Aketi. What fears are you talking about? underground forces for where?
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by kinibigdeal(m): 8:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Tinubu is only being political. Dont trust what he said
Babacele:
Bros Tinubu just confirmed my hunch. shey I tell u something was fishy about the whole affair especially with about 100k votes coming from 2 of his boys in Akoko to Aketi. What fears are you talking about? underground forces for where?
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Babacele: 8:52am On Nov 28, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Tinubu is only being political. Dont trust what he said
hmmm. after Aisha's outburst ,I think a reconciliation was called by the party leaders. one thing you can't take away from Jagaban is his consistency and straight forwardness. I think PMB has been meeting n begging him to help heal the wounds. I maybe wrong but that is what think
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by kinibigdeal(m): 9:02am On Nov 28, 2016
Tinubu might do it in a diplomatic manner to safe is head but he will betray PMB in 2018. He wont work for those that have humiliated him so badly
Babacele:
hmmm. after Aisha's outburst ,I think a reconciliation was called by the party leaders. one thing you can't take away from Jagaban is his consistency and straight forwardness. I think PMB has been meeting n begging him to help heal the wounds. I maybe wrong but that is what think
Re: Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself by Babacele: 9:03am On Nov 28, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Tinubu might do it in a diplomatic manner to safe is head but he will betray PMB in 2018. He wont work for those that have humiliated him so badly
hmmm.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Suspecting The Vice President Has Hands In This RCCG Matter. / Fashola Lists Top Federal Road Projects For 2017 / Throwback: "Old Age Will Limit My Performance"- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.