Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail (3105 Views)

Buhari Sacks Director-Generals Of NTA, NBC, NOA & 3 Others / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / Soldier, 3 Others Feared Dead In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by emmaskyblue(m): 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
The bail is another format of sharing d loot. Even CBN has printed another money 4 them to loot and share. Only God can fight for the poor masses.
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by switch47(m): 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2009
SKYQUEST:

the comments i have read so far shows that a lot of nairalanders either allows emotion to becloud thier sense of good judgment. for heaven sake it is only the court of law that can pronounce an individual guilty. this people have been accused and they responded that they are not guity. we have only heard the side of CBN and EFCC. these people have the right to fair hearing and the right to defend themselves. all such comments portraying them as looters and criminals is not necessary until the court say they are guilty. i for one have some problem with cecila ibru but what i have heard so far is hear say as far as i am concerned, let the EFCC and CBN bring out thier evidence and if the court say she and others are guity, let them face the full wrath of the law. but casgating them and dening them freedom so they can't defend themselves is wrong and the court so agree. let us be reasonable and fair in our sense of judgment
MOST are ignorant, It is a pity, very few intelligent folks on the site.
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by olugbon01(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
emmaskyblue:

The bail is another format of sharing d loot. Even CBN has printed another money 4 them to loot and share. Only God can fight for the poor masses.
his is really serious. God will definitly fight for the masses when it is the right time in his eyes
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by Smi1(m): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
even in the nigeria court of law bribery & settlement is still going on, na wa ooo I don't know which day God will purify our lovely nigeria
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by sley4life(m): 1:01am On Sep 16, 2009
who pays the bail money, so the party can get 1.8billion bail money.
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 16, 2009
for avoidance of confusion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail

This article is about the legal term. For other uses, see Bail (disambiguation).

Traditionally, bail is some form of property deposited or pledged to a court to persuade it to release a suspect from jail, on the understanding that the suspect will return for trial or forfeit the bail (and be guilty of the crime of failure to appear). In most cases bail money will be returned at the end of the trial, if all court appearances are made, no matter whether the person is found guilty or not guilty of the crime accused. In some countries granting bail is common. Even in such countries, however, bail may not be offered by some courts under some circumstances; for instance, if the accused is considered likely not to appear for trial regardless of bail. Countries without bail imprison the suspect before the trial only if deemed necessary. Legislatures may also set out certain crimes to be unbailable, such as capital crimes.

Under the current law of England and Wales, bail simply refers to the release of the accused before trial. Under Scots law, no deposit or pledge of property is asked for; bail is only granted where the court is satisfied the accused will turn up for trial.

Forms of bail

In the United States there are several forms of bail used, these vary from jurisdiction, but the common forms of bail include:

1. Recognizance - when an accused is released on recognizance, he promises to the court that he will attend all required judicial proceedings and will not engage in illegal activity or other prohibited conduct as set by the court. Typically a monetary amount is set by the court, but is not paid by the defendant unless the court orders it forfeited; this is denominated an unsecured appearance bond or release on one's own recognizance.
2. Surety - by a surety bond, a third party agrees to be responsible for the debt or obligation of the defendant. In many jurisdictions this service is provided commercially by a bail bondsman, where the agent will receive 10% of the bail amount up front and will keep that amount regardless of whether the defendant appears in court. The court in many jurisdictions, especially jurisdictions that prohibit bail bondsmen, may demand a certain amount of the total bail (typically 10%) be given to the court, which, unlike with bail bondsmen, is returned if the defendant does not violate the conditions of bail. This also known as surety on the bond.
3. Property - the accused or a person acting on his behalf pledges real property having a value at least equal to the amount of the bail. If the principal fails to appear for trial the state can levy on the property to recover the bail.
4. Cash - typically "cash-only," where the only form of bail that the Court will accept is cash.[12]
5. Combinations - courts often allow defendants to post cash bail or bond, and then impose further conditions, as mentioned below, to protect the community or ensure attendance.

* Conditions of release - many varied non-monetary conditions and restrictions on liberty can be imposed by a court to ensure that a person released into the community will appear in court and not commit any more crimes. Common examples include: mandatory calls to the police, surrendering passports, home detention, electronic monitoring, drug testing, alcohol counseling, surrendering firearms.
* Protective order also called an Order of protection- one very common feature of any conditional release, whether on bail, bond or condition, is a court order requiring the defendant to refrain from criminal activity against the alleged crime victim, or stay away from and have no contact with the alleged crime victim. The former is a limited order, the latter a full order. Violation of the order can subject the defendant to automatic forfeiture of bail and further fine or imprisonment.
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by saintiyke(m): 6:39am On Sep 16, 2009
Their images have been destroyed, their integrity ruined, this is what mr cbn would have settled internally with these bank with creating unnecessary panic to the general public. I believe MR SANUSI HAVE A PERSONAL ISSUE WITH AKINGBOLA. What happens to him(akin) as the great speaker on "Dare to be different youth forum" comin up in october

saint iyke
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by saintiyke(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2009
Their images have been destroyed, their integrity ruined, this is what mr cbn would have settled internally with these bank without creating unnecessary panic to the general public. I believe MR SANUSI Has A PERSONAL ISSUE WITH AKINGBOLA. What happens to him(akin) as the great speaker on "Dare to be different youth forum" comin up in october

saint iyke
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2009
Interesting!.
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by Oluschenco(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2009
Funny Nigerians, will N1.8 billion stop them from fleeing
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by PurestBoy(m): 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2009
That's the end of the movie, Nigeria is a funny place to be
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by nnemak(m): 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
Its only God that would help us in 9ja… sad sad sad sad I just pray that for every 3 Nigerian born 2 would be like Gani …and the other ribadu
That way in the next 50 yr 9ja would be better offffffffffffff.
kiss kiss

RIP Gani!!!!!!!!
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by lecoush: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2009
Dear People, the concept of bail i.e N100m each for these bank chiefs does not necessarily means that they will give the EFCC or goverment the money. It is a form of guranteee, this money will be recovered from the person standing for the bank chiefs should in case they jump bail. If they do not jump bail the N100m will not therefore be necessary.
just for the records
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by yeswecan(m): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2009
The bail sum is on the high side afterall Lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion’s bail was just 3 million and he never paid it.  What i don’t seem to understand in this country of ours is how some people can go untouched while others suffer for mismanagement.

Why is Waziri refusing to dust the case files of past (criminal) governors? It comes to Iconic Mrs. Ibru and Waziri want to text her wings, they think we are fools.
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by tboyjnr(m): 12:57am On Sep 18, 2009
Seems only SKYQUEST and switch47 seem to be the sensible ones here, sorry!
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2009
Topic.
Though some might be impeccable. undecided undecided
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2009
@Tboyj,
Are u sure?
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by blesdman(m): 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2009
EXCEPT FOR FEW POSTINGS HERE I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE RESPOND HARSHLY ON NAIRA LAND ISSUES ALWAYS. LIKE ONE OF MY POSTERS HAVE COMMENTED, THAT BAIL AMOUNT IS THE HIGHEST THAT I HAVE SEEN. WHAT!!!! 1.8 BILLION. THAT'S DAMN TOO HIGH. IT 'S WRONG, EVEN WHEN TAFA BALOGUN WAS ARRESTED IT WAS NOT CLOSE TO THIS AMOUNT. SIMILAR SITUATIONS HAV HAPPENED AND IT WAS NOT LIKE THIS.
i DO NOT APPRECIATE THIS TREATMENT BEING METED OUT TO THE MD'S. TIME WILL TELL THE TRUE SITUATION OF THINGS AT THE END. I HAVE A STRONG FEELING AND BASED ON A CURSORY ANALYSIS OF THE WHOLE SITUATION THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG ABOUT THESE INQUISITIONS.
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by tboyjnr(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2009
Well, only time will tell what is really going on,
It seems people on here supporting CBN's bullish moves dont realse how many people are jobless or lost considerable money from ongong projects etc that have been put on hiatus .

Lets hope that those of u ignorantly enjoying this, one day someone you owe money wont decide to use his connections to throw u in jail, and destroy businesses you laboured to build from scratch, without even giving you a chance to repay,
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by Holesher(m): 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2009
Sho, wetin dem do now, no be borrow dem borow people money, dem come they pay 100million, na wao. who go come spend the money now!
Re: Ibru, Adigwe, Ebong, 3 Others Get N1.8bn Bail by Nobody: 4:33am On Oct 06, 2009
Who Keeps the Bail Money? sad shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

How True Was The Christianah Oluwatoyin Oluwasesin Story?(christian Prosecution) / 10 Facts About Boko Haram / Oyinlola's Day Of Shame! How Are The Mighty Fallen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.