Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project (16572 Views)

Obiano Signs Anambra Airport MOU (Pictures) / Obiano Signs MoU With Cassava Processing Company, 250 Workers To Be Employed / Obiano Signs MOU With Graffil Group For Integrated Terminal And Park In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by AmericanQuarter: 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
The State Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Zolts Energy Limited for the construction of a 40 Megawatts Embedded Power Generating Plant in Ogbaru.

The MoU with a total investment worth US$47.25 million which aims to generate and sell electricity to the EEDC, will see the investor put in $45 million as its equity contribution

The State Government on its part, will bring the sum of $2.2 million and also grant to the SPV, Certificate of Occupancy for the 3 hectares of land to be used for the project. Signing the MoU, Governor Obiano said Power being a key enabler in his administration's development blueprint, is getting maximum attention from his government, adding that the MoU brings to four, the total number of Power companies that it has so far signed on.

He noted that the siting of the proposed Power Plant near the Onitsha Industrial Layout is strategic to ensure that the industries in the Harbour get the required power to operate at a maximum capacity.

The Governor while noting that the Project also holds great employment and IGR prospects for the State, urged the investor to immediately hit the ground running, assuring that the State is committed to meeting its own side of the deal. The Chairman of ANSIPPA, Chief Joe-Billy Ekwunife who said the MoU was structured in line with international best practices in investment, revealed that an agreement has been reached with the investor that work will commence on the project site within 6 months of the issuance of the land title, failure of which it will be revoked.

Earlier, the Chairman of the State's Power Committee, Mr Chike Okonkwo acknowledged that the 18 months designated for the execution of the project will ensure that it is realistic, noting that they are committed through constant monitoring of the project, to ensure that it is properly executed.

On his part, the Chairman of the Investing Company, Chief Dominic Ekesi hailed Governor Obiano's vision to engage the Private Sector to support government's initiative for adequate Power supply and delivery, adding that they have an understanding with the EEDC for preference to be given to the State in the Distribution of the Electricity to be generated by the plant.

In a vote of thanks, the Commissioner for Economic Planning, Budget and Development Partners, Mr Mark Okoye commended the Governor for his innovation and creativity that has translated in the positive overhaul of the State's investment processes and the investor for finding the state a credible partner in the venture. Formal signing of the MoU documents formed the highpoint of the event.

http://absradiotv.com/index.php/state/4194-anambra-govt-attracts-usd47-25m-power-project

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by tysontim(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
Glad to know that Igbos are coming home. of the MOUs signed I think 3 companies are owned by Igbos are worth millions and Billions of dollars.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by Dreal11247: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
Good news always coming from Anambra State.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by futurenix(m): 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
Abia State Governor is busy defending himself in court with worker's salary, Rochas busy decorating Imo state with worker's salary. Time will tell

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by kherington: 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
willie the clown is truly working I approve this post

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by eaglechild: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
This is really impressive.
Anambra is powering ahead irrespective of the stagnation at the Federal level.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by argon500: 6:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
I have been hearing good news about Willie offlate. Kudos

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by Standing5(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
MOUs are common these days . . . Anyway good move.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by herzern(m): 8:27am On Jul 21, 2016
angry
Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by omolola15(m): 8:27am On Jul 21, 2016
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by veekid(m): 8:28am On Jul 21, 2016
Fashola! !! Ure sighted

1 Like

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by fsnders: 8:29am On Jul 21, 2016
That's just it. States should hustle for themselves and quite dependence on niger delta oil

17 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by CHANNELStv2020: 8:29am On Jul 21, 2016
MY STATE DOING ME PROUD,ONE LOVE FROM RUSSIA

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by Rapmoney(m): 8:30am On Jul 21, 2016
This is a welcome development!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by flyca: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2016
Joint Investment of Government and the private company.
Nice!
CHANNELStv2020:
MY STATE DOING ME PROUD,ONE LOVE FROM RUSSIA
Yea, yea.... One love, from China smiley

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by shaddoww: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2016
How I wish dis governors investing directly or indirectly in power generation can just teem up with their senators n reps to sponsor a bill that will allow States generates it electricity n sell it to its people without having to connect it with the national grid.

22 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by princeakins(m): 8:31am On Jul 21, 2016
cool
Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by hucienda: 8:31am On Jul 21, 2016
Na wa o .. you sure say this state dey this Nigeria so?

17 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by SweetJoystick(m): 8:32am On Jul 21, 2016
WTF 40MW? angry $45m looks inflated to me for such project

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by wristbangle: 8:32am On Jul 21, 2016
Good one from obiano

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by flyca: 8:32am On Jul 21, 2016
veekid:
Fashola! !! Ure sighted
Where did you sight him? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by 400billionman: 8:32am On Jul 21, 2016
Governor Obiano has proved beyond doubt to be the best performing Nigerian governor.

This man must have some previous knowledge in economics or banking. He is picking the pieces of Anambra economy and placing them into shape.

This is the kind of man who should be a President. A man with a wining mentality. A man who can turn people's dreams into reality...

Anambra 20 years from now..

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by erico2k2(m): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2016
All these sign sign of MOU,
we need action on ground and the modalities for these investment to survive, enough off make dem 4 say I dey work exhibition.We should be wiser.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by favyff(f): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2016
That's my governor and the good people of Anambra state.

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by Alexas58: 8:33am On Jul 21, 2016
Hard Working Jews,am seein developement and happy for u pple... Please today is my birthday,show me some love...

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by felixfred: 8:33am On Jul 21, 2016
eaglechild:
This is really impressive.

Anambra is powering ahead irrespective of the stagnation at the Federal level.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by LovesonBlezz(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2016
following..gud move tho
Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by erico2k2(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2016
shaddoww:
How I wish dis governors investing directly or indirectly in power generation can just teem up with their senators n reps to sponsor a bill that will allow States generates it electricity n sell it to its people without having to connect it with the national grid.
Well yes I agree or in other words, generate enough for its people and if in excess sell to the national grid.
Does it not beat you why a govt from any of the gas producing region could not build a small gas turbine to generate power

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by Franchise21(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2016
WILLIE IS WORKING

ANAMBRA ADIGO MMA

grin

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by Toeyoursea(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2016
This wouldn't still help decongest Lagos. They will still be moving in their numbers to epp in the development of Lagos.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by obaival(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2016
Light of the nation.

Ife nke mba.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Signs MOU With Zolts Energy For Power Plant Project by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2016
Good development.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo 2016: Inec Rules Out Fresh Apc Primary / Senior Legislative Aide Collapses, Dies At National Assembly Entrance / Umahi's 2 Years Of Impactful Governance By Philip Nweze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.