Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu (16268 Views)

Governor Eno Complains Of Being Distracted By Too Many Visits From Politicians / I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / Recession: SERAP Asks Buhari To Cut Cost Of Governance, Not Public Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Splashme: 2:05pm On Jan 25
Private Visits should be at your expense, not with public funds - Peter Obi tells Tinubu

Just yesterday, I saw a heart-wrenching sight of a physically challenged traveller in a wheelchair being carried up the stairs by four men, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe airport, Abuja because neither the elevator nor the escalator had been functional, for the past 3 months.

The situation becomes more disturbing when you imagine that such is happening in our nation's capital, where our dignitaries and foreign investors travel through constantly. This was the same Airport and the same day that our President flew out on a private visit.

I have been wondering what is private for a sitting President who is not on vacation to embark on a publicly funded ‘private’ visit.

May I humbly remind the President that he is now a public national asset. Therefore, all his movements should be public knowledge and matters of public interest. Even when he needs a private visit like a holiday, family gathering, etc, he should state so, which is graciously allowed, but private visits, like the one he has embarked on now, should be done at his expense and not at public cost. That is part of the cost-cutting measures desperately needed by the nation now. We now require savings of sorts to deal with every little issue that requires attention, like the maintenance of small public assets.

Otherwise, how do we explain as a country, that for the past three months both the escalator and elevator at the domestic wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja, has remained dysfunctional?

I often wonder how we the leaders feel traveling in sophisticated manners while the majority of our infrastructure being used by the majority, including our foreign investors, is left dilapidated.

The situation we find ourselves in calls for such drastic cuts in the cost of governance, and attendant savings, to be appropriately used for every minor public good. That is the spirit of the New Nigeria we are clamoring for.

I must however acknowledge some efforts by the President to cut costs like his recent 60% cost on travel but that is still insignificant given the quantum of problems waiting to be tackled like the elevator issue in our prime airport.

#PeterObi 🇳🇬

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02p5YezLw9gSktce6SsYEs83Dni2cKzQwZPwx74s3kGhEhpa2htH7vVx9ZE6rDLzYal&id=100046913660470&mibextid=Nif5oz

104 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by VaselineCrew: 2:07pm On Jan 25
APC supporters, some I sometimes believe are demons, will soon be here to castigate and denigrate

How much is like 300 watt solar panel on average in Nigeria?

Lets say it's around N80,000. Let's convert this to dollars, which would be about $88.

Now, your government claims you are a poor country, and you have to WAIT to see any benefits as a citizen, yet the same government will spend $500,000 for Hotel bills for a week.

Now, how many 300 watt solar panels can $500,000 buy?

$500,000  = 5,681, 300 watt panels.
--------
$88

How many watts can theoretically be generated from 5,681 300 watt solar panels?

5,681 x 300 = 1,704,300 watts = 1,704 kilowatts  ~ 2MW

This could power a University, multiple Universities, Hospitals across a state, many many homes.

Yet your leaders will tell you that the reason your Universities don't have electricity in 2024 is because, blah blah blah..., meanwhile the same leaders that just told you 5 mins ago that we are broke, are willing so burn $500,000 in a week, just like that.

My own is that, why do these evil politicians still have avid supporters? I can understand somewhat if you are getting paid like them legendhero and the rest, but those you meet on the street, that claim "our brother", like, what is wrong with those type of people? Mosquito is biting you, you can't pay bills, but you are voting for "our brother", chai

246 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by DMerciful(m): 2:10pm On Jan 25
He is Chief Tinubu, not president Tinubu because he did not win the election

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Splashme: 2:12pm On Jan 25
DMerciful:
He is Chief Tinubu, not president Tinubu because he did not win the election

Thief Thiefņubu

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Bobloco: 2:13pm On Jan 25
angry
Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by SensetionalGoal(m): 2:22pm On Jan 25
VaselineCrew:
APC supporters, whom I sometimes believe are demons, will soon be here to castigate and denigrate.

You will never find the likes yarimo and co here because their lord and savior is been discussed...walai demon is better than those cretins

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by VaselineCrew: 2:25pm On Jan 25
SensetionalGoal:

You will never find the likes yarimo and co here because their lord and savior is been discussed...walai demon is better than those cretins

Those guys are paid trolls so I pay little mind to them, except for when they use bots to like their own comments, thereby swaying ignorant minds negatively.

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by illicit(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25
He is the JAGABAN

The PRESIDENT

Public asset, Nigeria has to pay for anything he does...

If u don't like it, drink beer

🥵

81 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Iykopee(m): 2:27pm On Jan 25
grin Thief'nubu the illiterate doesn't know what a private visit entails.

He spends public money like a thief without mercy while his minions groan under earth scorching poverty.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Shawnnn01: 2:41pm On Jan 25
Coming from this same foolish criminal that is yet to account for the presidential donation he got almost a year after election.

This foolish bastard Pandora Criminal get mind sha but I know blame na naija mumu never do. A die hard criminal that looted ₦250 million monthly as governor to his ware house in Lagos is the one saying this rubbish.

Did this fool fund the looting from his pocket before he was caught by Marvel Akpoyibo the then Lagos commissioner of police ? This fool should continue to thank God that Miko Okiro his Igbo kinsmen was Inspector General of the police at that time, the bastard for still de Kirikiri they chop bean till now.

Splashme:
[b]Private Visits should be at your expense, not with public

#PeterObi 🇳🇬

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02p5YezLw9gSktce6SsYEs83Dni2cKzQwZPwx74s3kGhEhpa2htH7vVx9ZE6rDLzYal&id=100046913660470&mibextid=Nif5oz

62 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Chicagograduate(m): 3:15pm On Jan 25
Tinubu's paid propagandists will flood this thread with a banter or two.

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by amboh(m): 3:23pm On Jan 25
May Nigeria succeed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by yarimo(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25
SensetionalGoal:

Is like you guys think obi is important in national issue grin grin

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Slytiger: 4:19pm On Jan 25
Wailers thread grin

While Doctors and Teachers went on strike for over one year, Amthe agulu messiah was busy distributing cars to Royal fathers, Judges, Senators and other politicians.

45 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Oghene86: 4:29pm On Jan 25
Splashme:
Private Visits should be at your expense, not with public funds - Peter Obi tells Tinubu

Just yesterday, I saw a heart-wrenching sight of a physically challenged traveller in a wheelchair being carried up the stairs by four men, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe airport, Abuja because neither the elevator nor the escalator had been functional, for the past 3 months.

The situation becomes more disturbing when you imagine that such is happening in our nation's capital, where our dignitaries and foreign investors travel through constantly. This was the same Airport and the same day that our President flew out on a private visit.

I have been wondering what is private for a sitting President who is not on vacation to embark on a publicly funded ‘private’ visit.

May I humbly remind the President that he is now a public national asset. Therefore, all his movements should be public knowledge and matters of public interest. Even when he needs a private visit like a holiday, family gathering, etc, he should state so, which is graciously allowed, but private visits, like the one he has embarked on now, should be done at his expense and not at public cost. That is part of the cost-cutting measures desperately needed by the nation now. We now require savings of sorts to deal with every little issue that requires attention, like the maintenance of small public assets.

Otherwise, how do we explain as a country, that for the past three months both the escalator and elevator at the domestic wing of Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja, has remained dysfunctional?

I often wonder how we the leaders feel traveling in sophisticated manners while the majority of our infrastructure being used by the majority, including our foreign investors, is left dilapidated.

The situation we find ourselves in calls for such drastic cuts in the cost of governance, and attendant savings, to be appropriately used for every minor public good. That is the spirit of the New Nigeria we are clamoring for.

I must however acknowledge some efforts by the President to cut costs like his recent 60% cost on travel but that is still insignificant given the quantum of problems waiting to be tackled like the elevator issue in our prime airport.

#PeterObi 🇳🇬

Obi you harsh 😂😂😂😂

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by obonujoker(m): 4:30pm On Jan 25
Shawnnn01:
Coming from this same foolish criminal that is yet to account for the presidential donation he got almost a year after election.

This foolish bastard Pandora Criminal get mind sha but I know blame na naija mumu never do. A die hard criminal that looted ₦250 million monthly as governor to his ware house in Lagos is the one saying this rubbish.

Did this fool fund the looting from his pocket before he was caught by Marvel Akpoyibo the then Lagos commissioner of police ? This fool should continue to thank God that Miko Okiro his Igbo kinsmen was Inspector General of the police at that time, the bastard for still de Kirikiri they chop bean till now.

Is this why Tinubu will use public fund for private visits?

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Splashme: 4:43pm On Jan 25
illicit:
He is the JAGABAN

The PRESIDENT

Public asset, Nigeria has to pay for anything he does...

If u don't like it, drink beer

🥵

Plenty foolish mumus in Nigeria

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by KosiGee(m): 5:11pm On Jan 25
VaselineCrew:
APC supporters, some I sometimes believe are demons, will soon be here to castigate and denigrate

How much is like 300 watt solar panel on average in Nigeria?

Lets say it's around N80,000. Let's convert this to dollars, which would be about $88.

Now, your government claims you are a poor country, and you have to WAIT to see any benefits as a citizen, yet the same government will spend $500,000 for Hotel bills for a week.

Now, how many 300 watt solar panels can $500,000 buy?

$500,000  = 5,681, 300 watt panels.
--------
$88

How many watts can theoretically be generated from 5,681 300 watt solar panels?

5,681 x 300 = 1,704,300 watts = 1,704 kilowatts  ~ 2MW

This could power a University, multiple Universities, Hospitals across a state, many many homes.

Yet your leaders will tell you that the reason your Universities don't have electricity in 2024 is because, blah blah blah..., meanwhile the same leaders that just told you 5 mins ago that we are broke, are willing so burn $500,000 in a week, just like that.

My own is that, why do these evil politicians still have avid supporters? I can understand somewhat if you are getting paid like them legendhero and the rest, but those you meet on the street, that claim "our brother", like, what is wrong with those type of people? Mosquito is biting you, you can't pay bills, but you are voting for "our brother", chai

Are you into solar panel business sir? An expert in this field is needed by someone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Shawnnn01: 6:29pm On Jan 25
Indeed like all the visit he took before becoming president was with same public fund. Tinubu is not Peter Pandora.Obi caught looting ₦250 million monthly from Anambra coffers to his warehouse in Lagos I told you that severally. Na cocaine money he de spend according to your tribesmen. We had that argument here severally.

obonujoker:

Is this why Tinubu will use public fund for private visits?

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by ILoveNG: 7:49pm On Jan 25
This man is either dull or just being a typical attention seeking politician 😂
Private trips like going home for Christmas was funded by this yahoo man when he was governor.

Advocating for a reduction in private trips is more sensible.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by christistruth01: 7:57pm On Jan 25
From Someone who used State public funds to finance his family Brewery business

Hypocrisy that Stinks

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by meum: 7:59pm On Jan 25
Dem no Dey reason like that

4 Likes

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Kingrshd3: 7:59pm On Jan 25
From a man that can never be president till buhari come back I to power again 😂

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Image123(m): 7:59pm On Jan 25
Hypocrite. Stay in one lane na. You demand to know everything about the President, but he should fund it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by tunjijones(m): 7:59pm On Jan 25
These are the types of creative criticism whey make sense...

As an opposition, u are to press the govt neck till they do the right thing. No the useless opposition PDP is doing.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Alexis11: 7:59pm On Jan 25
Clown 😂
Same person that invested state funds in family business as a governor.

He can only impress the weak minds.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by chidiakwari: 7:59pm On Jan 25
Nigerians are complete Zombies. Cowards who can’t fight the criminals enslaving them.

A complete youth population allowing old senile criminals to lead them. How on earth you think criminals will lead you right.

How can anyone be that empty to think you’ll get any better with criminal leaders?

Your VP housed a Boko Haram leader that bombed a church in Abuja and killed so many Nigerians.

A president who is a senile old druggie. Never went to any school but forged his entire certificate. His entire life is forged.

I don’t know who is a better zombie, Nigerians or Chimpanzees

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Lannyjoe4u: 8:00pm On Jan 25
Ta
Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Afospecialk: 8:00pm On Jan 25
Must this Agulu failure put mouth in everything to stay relevant?

Na him they pay for Asiwaju before he becomes president?

Mumu president of online republic headless mobs

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by Macdeey: 8:01pm On Jan 25
grin

Na una go fund me Private Trip !!!
Tax payers money 🤑🤑🤑 is free money for the President grin

13 Likes

Re: Fund 'Private Visits' from Your Pocket, Not Public Funds - Obi Tells Tinubu by LudaChriz(m): 8:01pm On Jan 25
Tinubu is a mistake of a President

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Commissions Kuramo Primary School's Class Rooms, Road Water Supply Scheme / Independence: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Nobody Should Kill Nigerian In South Africa – Jacob Zuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.