Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

We Drafted APC Constitution… The Party Is The Mother Of Corruption – Bafarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Drafted APC Constitution… The Party Is The Mother Of Corruption – Bafarawa (532 Views)

APC Constitution Review Committee Submits 85 Items For Amendment / Universal Constitution, The Perfect Law Of Liberty / By This Constitution The Vice-president Can't Become President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Drafted APC Constitution… The Party Is The Mother Of Corruption – Bafarawa by themomentng: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Attahiru Bafarawa, former governor of Sokoto state, says the constitution of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is “the mother of corruption”.
In an interview with Daily Trust, Bafarawa recalled that he was part of the team that drafted the party’s constitution, adding that he foresaw the crisis rocking it.
He said the problem started in 2014 when the party handed over its structure to the five governors who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Back then, those who moved were Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto), Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa) and Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara).
Bafarawa alleged that the ruling party accepted them because of the money they brought along, claiming that each of them donated N100 million to the APC.
“APC government says it is fighting corruption, but it is the mother of corruption; it has been the mother of corruption since the day it opened its gates to those five governors from the new PDP,” he said.
“When they (five governors) came into the APC, they were warmly received because they had the money to contribute N100 million each.
“When I, a founding member and acting chairman of the party’s constitution drafting committee, queried why they were expressly allowed entry, I was bluntly told they had money to give. I then offered to also contribute N100 million but my own contribution was rejected.
“Those five governors entered APC to corrupt the party, and they succeeded in doing so. This is why I say APC is the mother of corruption.
“I foresaw that they would hijack the party and attempt to do whatever they want. If they are allowed to do whatever they want, there will be problem in the politics of the country; if they are not allowed, which is the situation now, there will be a rift between them and the government, they will be disloyal and impudent to the government, and this will cost the country immense problem in terms of progress.”
Daily Trust said three of the governors it contacted have denied Bafarawa’s allegations.

Re: We Drafted APC Constitution… The Party Is The Mother Of Corruption – Bafarawa by Bashirfuntua(m): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
pk
Re: We Drafted APC Constitution… The Party Is The Mother Of Corruption – Bafarawa by investnotspend: 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
Coming back

1 Like

Re: We Drafted APC Constitution… The Party Is The Mother Of Corruption – Bafarawa by Drslimz: 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is how bloody loosers talk. He is fantastically kwarot too. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Fayose Meeting With Ekiti Fashion Designers / Caption This Photo Of Buhari With APC Governors / Pres. Buhari Changes Heads Of NACA, NHIS, NIMR, 2 Other Federal Health Instituti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.