Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. (21176 Views)

How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel / My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) / How I Was Scammed In A Job Invitation Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Treash(m): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
I was in a bid to secure a better job anywhere in Lagos when I ran across a posted bill around Toyin Street, Ikeja. It requested for applicant who could work in a manufacturing company with daily payment of #3,500 after work. Though I was observing it might not be real but I gave a trial. When I called the number on d paper, a lady picked it and she directed me to come for an interview by 7:30am today. She never requested my C.V. In the course of deliberation whether or not I should attend, I called her around 8am the next day if I could still make the interview and she answered in affirmation.

When I got to the venue, the scene I was observed was confusing, as it looks like young people were on the pitch, no company building,no sign post. While some people were lecturing others one on one, some were to train people to sing and do exercise (Like NYSC Orientation Camp). When a young lady at the entrance asked of my mission, I told her I was there on an interview of #3,500 daily pay job. Another woman was assigned to sit me down and start lecturing me on the object of the company. I was a bit confused. I wasn't too comfortable with the atmosphere when the lecture started. It was two hours after the interpersonal lecture started that the company was all about promoting health Products and winning new members into GNLD and i had to pay #10,600 to be a member. No daily pay. No manufacturing company. My time wasted. Transport fare wasted. I just pretended like all was well. As I left in regret, I was held by a lady to fill the membership form. I filled it with a fake name, different phone contact and left.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Raphafire101: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just imagine!!!! Why not advertise the real stuff instead of wasting people's time...thank God u did not fall in to the hands of ritualists..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by hummerwise(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
bruh,,this GLND stuff is now bcoming unbecoming....
there was an ivite too i got yesterday for a position...i knew immediately after reading the message that it wasnt real...but i wanted to satify my curiosity and went there in the evening after i was sure the interview must have bin over...getting there,,what i saw was quiet pleasing to me because i blv i was smart not to have fallen for such....I saw people coming out of the supposed building that looks like a complex, they look perplexed and dejected like they bin defrauded some of them were even singing christain songs like they were thanking God he saved them...

with the little experience i had and things have read online, i knew immediately this people didnt get the interview they hoped for but a suicide meeting...

But my question is this,, how do we get to know the true and real sms interview when we get one,,,,because i keep praying i dont lose the real job when it comes by....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by ammyluv2002(f): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
My dear, you called for it #NoOffence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Treash(m): 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
ammyluv2002:
My dear, you called for it #NoOffence

I didn't ask for GNLD. Am just in need of a job. So bad. Am a law graduate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Dottore: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
Na wao. My nephew suffered the same fate. He traveled all the way from Lagos to PH and even slept in a hotel. He visited the venue of the supposed interview the following day only to discover it's about GNLD. He didn't find it funny. What they normally do these days is to advertise for 3k per day then they write under the notice "Not GLND" please note the difference between GNLD and GLND. These people don't zoom to ever run out of ideas.
I had in a number of occasion come across their supposed marketers literally begging for either alms or asking for a lift saying that they got stranded where they went for sales but couldn't make any sales hence their predicament.
This country sef

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by abdelmaleeq(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Victim of dat too Mine was even funny as d guy was asking me to pay even if its 100 naira

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by princeakins(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Sorry about ur ordeal.. GNLD has bn a scam since 1600BC... next tym i bliv u wont fall a victim of such.

Pele

Btw

Check ma sig

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Ekeseges(f): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
MY brother next time inform someone where you are going because ritualists are real

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Philinho(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
May God punish d wicked
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by ros5: 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nawao. Sorry. But just know most of those posters and wall vacancies are from gnld things But wait oo which one is she held u as u were leaving. Mitchewwwwwwww. Sorry OK? But b careful next time

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by dogstyle007(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
HMMMMM
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by zeedof(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
Sincerely tired of searching for job and a lot of biz but where to get the capital from? Life tired me I swear.. Any real G wanna learn please..... Gat MSc and Bsc are they applicable?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Daslim180(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
Naija I hail o!!!

Government scams people

People scams other people

Scammer scamming scammer

Which way ooo?

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Ayodejioak(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
Mehn... atleast 1 out of every 3 people in Nigeria has a GNLD scam story to tell. The logic is simple, of you are bold and convinced of what you do, u will never go about making misleading posters about it.

Assistant manager 60 000
Industry worker. 55 000
Fresh graduate 50 000
Free accommodation inclusive.

Like WTF, I go resume work on day 1 as a manager grin grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by adioolayi(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
Next time...Ask Nairalanders before going...or use the Nairaland Search dialogue box..you will get lot of answers for your questions.

While reading your post ..merely seeing 'Toyin Street Ikeja Lagos' ..I already know it will definitely be GNLD people grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by ros5: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
hummerwise:
bruh,,this GLND stuff is now bcoming unbecoming....
there was an ivite too i got yesterday for a position...i knew immediately after reading the message that it wasnt real...but i wanted to satify my curiosity and went there in the evening after i was sure the interview must have bin over...getting there,,what i saw was quiet pleasing to me because i blv i was smart not to have fallen for such....I saw people coming out of the supposed building that looks like a complex, they look perplexed and dejected like they bin defrauded some of them were even singing christain songs like they were thanking God he saved them...

with the little experience i had and things have read online, i knew immediately this people didnt get the interview they hoped for but a suicide meeting...

But my question is this,, how do we get to know the true and real sms interview when we get one,,,,because i keep praying i dont lose the real job when it comes by....
. U can post the invite on job/vacancies section. Ppl will always help. U can use Google too to check their so called company. If what u saw aren't convincing mk sure u post it. U won't loose the real job amen

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Cutezt(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
[b] lemme read

Murdifyed

Op, Them plenty for Jos, you will just be walking jeje and one man will just walk up to you with one flier with Job Vacancy written boldly on it, the pay is usually very attractive, there was one day I was with my friends, then one of their "flier sharing" workers approached us and gave us the flier, as a sharp guy that I was, I just called him back, the following conversation ensued -

Me- Bros, so you mean say dem go dey pay me N4000 daily?

Him- Oga Mi Yes o

Me- Kai Bros, but make I ask you, how much dem dey pay you for this them flier wey you dey share so?

Him- Bros I no fit tell you that one o, but dem dey pay me well sha

Me- But your work and this one wey dey this paper, which one dem dey pay pass

Him- Ahhh, Bros, this paper own good o, dem dey pay dem pass

Me- But boss, I for prefer this your flier sharing work o, me sef Na coded guy, connect me Na, I no want this flier own.

Him- Bros, E no dey work like that na

Me- Oya take your paper, una no fit scam me like that Na grin

That was how the guy collected his paper and left o, him Wan scam me, him dey learn work.
[/b]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by mascot87(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
My gf was invited by her neighbor to one of there fake lectures today. I just told her not to register & just listen to d sweet sweet words they have to say.
She affirm the sweetness of there words but at last she did not register & left
Those people ehn

Na today

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by jovialSoul001(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
call me make I refund ur money na me b d owner of GNLD
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by hummerwise(m): 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
ros5:
. U can post the invite on job/vacancies section. Ppl will always help. U can use Google too to check their so called company. If what u saw aren't convincing mk sure u post it. U won't loose the real job amen
Amen
tanx 4 the tip
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Mintayo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
Treash:

I didn't ask for GNLD.
Bro, how can you take an advert posted with an 'A' paper serious? And with the promise of 3500 per day? As in per day? In this time? undecided Bros how now? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Not again.....*rolls eyez* cry
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by tohpahz(f): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
angryjust remembered something
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by lamideee(f): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
na so dem dey do. make una dey shine your eyes wella. no be 4 this change era person go scam una

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by djbussy(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
JJC, "Woss Wobi" welcome to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by TESTIMONYBEN: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
I was also a victim of this people last month saw the advert on OLX. I borrowed money to travel from Ogun state to Lagos thinking of getting #3,500 per day Job. On getting to ikeja glass house the guy asked me to come to egbeda side there's a transformer and a bank guess diamond bank opposite the venue. On getting there saw a lot of people and a big white canopy, I was assigned to a person who is far lesser than my qualification. After staying like 20minutes to know is not ritualist, I stood up and a lady blocked me that I can't go until they finish the briefing. I felt like slapping the lady but I told them I want to get something to eat that's how I escaped.
For God sake they should stop deceiving innocent people with their job advert including MG resources they are first class bastards.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by dayjee: 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
This GNLD ppl full my area for ikd...e be like say dem dey train dem for that sweet mouth nii..

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by achieverme(m): 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
Treash:
I was in a bid to secure a better job anywhere in Lagos when I ran across a posted bill around Toyin Street, Ikeja. It requested for applicant who could work in a manufacturing company with daily payment of #3,500 after work. Though I was observing it might not be real but I gave a trial. When I called the number on d paper, a lady picked it and she directed me to come for an interview by 7:30am today. She never requested my C.V. In the course of deliberation whether or not I should attend, I called her around 8am the next day if I could still make the interview and she answered in affirmation.

When I got to the venue, the scene I was observed was confusing, as it looks like young people were on the pitch, no company building,no sign post. While some people were lecturing others one on one, some were to train people to sing and do exercise (Like NYSC Orientation Camp). When a young lady at the entrance asked of my mission, I told her I was there on an interview of #3,500 daily pay job. Another woman was assigned to sit me down and start lecturing me on the object of the company. I was a bit confused. I wasn't too comfortable with the atmosphere when the lecture started. It was two hours after the interpersonal lecture started that the company was all about promoting health Products and winning new members into GNLD and i had to pay #10,600 to be a member. No daily pay. No manufacturing company. My time wasted. Transport fare wasted. I just pretended like all was well. As I left in regret, I was held by a lady to fill the membership form. I filled it with a fake name, different phone contact and left.
q
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by MrSmith007: 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lol.. I dont pray to be a victim tho
Re: How I Was Almost Scammed In A Job Interview. by Bucky001(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
Golden Neo Life Diamit ( GNLD) is a certified scammers!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Immigration Service Vs Nigerian Customs Service / Dana Airlines Limited (Dana Air) Job Vacancies (8 Positions) / Problems During Registration Of Nigeria Prison Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.