Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices (2644 Views)

Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices / Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court / Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by kahal29: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has asked the Senate to screen and subsequently confirm Hon. Justices Ejembi Eko and Amina Augie as Justices of the Supreme Court.

Buhari in a letter to Senate President Bukola Saraki explained that the two nominees will represent North-central and North-west‎ respectively.

President Buhari said, “In accordance with Section 231 subsection (1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, I have the pleasure to forward for your confirmation, the nomination of the two nominees as Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria,”

Also yesterday at Plenary, Senate President Saraki read a letter from President Buhari seeking the screening and approval of names of former Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba and 18 others as chairman and members of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

In the letter, President Buhari pleaded with the Senate to give the request an expeditious consideration and confirmation of the NDDC board of directors’ nominees.

Besides Senator Egba who hails from Cross River state, others appointed by the President are Nsima Udo Ekere who is to serve as the Managing Director of the Commission.

He hails from Akwa Ibom state. Adjogbe Ajenakevwe is to serve as executive director in charge of projects and hails from Delta state. Mene Ienyie Derek, executive director is to head finance and ‎administration and hails from Rivers state.

Other board members are Donatus Enyinnah (Abia state), Frank Samuel George (Akwa Ibom state); Brambaifa Nelson (Bayelsa state); Sylvester Effefiom Nsa (Cross River state); Ogaga Ifowodo (Delta state); Uwuilekhue Saturday (Edo state) and Osita Bonaventure Izunaso (Imo state).

Olatokunbo Ayotunde Ajasin (Ondo state); Harry Iboroma Dabibi (Rivers state); Bernard Banfa (North-central zone); Yahaya Mohammed (North-east zone); Mustapha Dankadai (North-west ‎zone); Igo Weli (Niger Delta region); Mahmoud Isa-Dutse (Federal Ministry of Finance) and Abdul-Kazeem Kasumi Bayero (Federal Ministry of Environment) also formed the list.

The consideration and subsequent confirmation of the nominees will be done when the Senate resumes from its 6-week break in September, 2016.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/breaking-buhari-nominates-supreme-court-justices/
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by HungerBAD: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nice one there.

Ejembi is an Idoma name(Benue)and Amina could could be anywhere from Auchi to Kogi.

And look at the NDDC Board?well balanced. Where are the losers always complaining Buhari is trying to Saudi Arabia this Country?complain about this nominations again.

Buhari making all the right choices.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by gebest: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
HungerBAD:
Nice one there.

Ejembi is an Idoma name(Benue?,and Amina could could be anywhere from Auchi to Kogi.

And look at the NDDC Board?well balanced. Where are the losers always complaining Buhari is trying to Saudi Arabia this Country?complain about this nominations again.

6 weeks break for what? when they have a lot of work in their table.
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by amaechi1: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just check their names, 99%. Of the nominees are from the north.

Ethnic and religious Bigotry will do us no good!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by malton: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
amaechi1:
Just check their names, 99%. Of the nominees are from the north.
Ethnic and religious Bigotry will do us no good!
HungerBAD:
Nice one there.

Ejembi is an Idoma name(Benue?,and Amina could could be anywhere from Auchi to Kogi.

Dudes, these positions are statutorily allocated just like ministerial positions. Buhari cannot do otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by braine(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Name checkers, where are you now?
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
Buhari in a letter to Senate President Bukola Saraki explained that the two nominees will represent North-central and North-west respectively.
Nigeria is a funny country walahi, even Supreme Court Justices is even by quota system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
I want to say a big congratulations to Hon Justice Ejembi Eko. In life no matter how men due to sentiments and ethnic bigotry tries to pull one down, God has his way of fighting for the oppressed.
you can't be the chief judge in your state because of your origin but now you are being nominated as a justice of the supreme court and who knows, you might become the chief justice of Nigeria tomorrow?

Congratulations once more!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by DrObum(m): 9:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
Name Checkers Association

Reporting live from Apo
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by olalat(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Can u tell more about him pls
DABMarkNig2019:
I want to say a big congratulations to Hon Justice Ejembi Eko. In life no matter how men due to sentiments and ethnic bigotry tries to pull one down, God has his way of fighting for the oppressed.
you can't be the chief judge in your state because of your origin but now you are being nominated as a justice of the supreme court and who knows, you might become the chief justice of Nigeria tomorrow?

Congratulations once more!
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by Grundig: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Buhari is a funny guy I tell you.

Pmb picks and chooses when and how to play the quota system and federal character card.

Ok, let me play the devil's advocate. so do we assume these judges will be carrying out Buhari's hatchet job?
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by omenka(m): 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
David Mark visits Baba couple of days ago then Ejembi gets nominated today.. Hmmm.

Once anything is to go to Benue South, it always goes to the Idomas, yet dem go dey talk Apa state dey include person.

#Continue.

Meanwhile, congrats to Ejembi.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by omenka(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria is a funny country walahi, even Supreme Court Justices is even by quota system.
Na wa oo!!

I can't imagine the number of threads you've created complaining about the "lopsided" appointments of the president. Now, it is to be done in such a manner that every zone is represented on the bench and you still complain about it!!

Pray tell, what exactly do you want

Ps: It is Barca I spoke to and NO ONE else. Any dog who barks at me shall be ignored like a buzzing mosquito a mile away.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by dayo23(f): 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
omenka:
Na wa oo!!
I can't imagine the number of threads you've created complaining about the "lopsided" appointments of the president. Now, it is to be done in such a manner that every zone is represented on the bench and you still complain about it!!
Pray tell, what exactly do you want
after the dullaard have appointed his kinsmen into 75% position undecided
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2016
omenka:
David Mark visits Baba couple of days ago then Ejembi gets nominated today.. Hmmm.

Once anything is to go to Benue South, it always goes to the Idomas, yet dem go dey talk Apa state dey include person.

#Continue.

Meanwhile, congrats to Ejembi.
omenka have you become a wailer and also joined the name checkers association? Justice Eko is more than qualified to be nominated and you know that too so have a nice day.
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by richidinho(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2016
Finally, Rest in peace Judiciary
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2016
DABMarkNig2019:

omenka have you become a wailer and also joined the name checkers association? Justice Eko is more than qualified to be nominated and you know that too so have a nice day.

What Omenka complained of is partially true Bro. Discrimination is everywhere in the society..The Idomas don't give the Igedes a chance or sense of belonging too in Benue. ..cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop the hypocrisy, are you saying you aren't aware of the quota system in almost all appointments in this country? I'm sure if the judges nominated are from the SS or SE, you wouldn't say this.

Even your NDDC is based on quota system basically among the oil producing states.

Stop the hypocrisy. It doesn't pay.
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by omenka(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2016
DABMarkNig2019:

Baba no be so oo. I even sabi the man personally- we lived in the same neighbourhood in Court 5 Hudco Estate North Bank back in the mid 90's.

I'm happy for him but I'm just saying Idomas no dey wan look Oju and Obi when better wan land we side. grin
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by Owiii(m): 11:44am On Jul 22, 2016
DABMarkNig2019:

I remember when he was to be made the chief judge of Benue state but governor akume never made it possible. The son was my mate in secondary school. Congratulations to a fearless and upright judge..
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by omenka(m): 11:56am On Jul 22, 2016
Owiii:

I remember when he was to be made the chief judge of Benue state but governor akume never made it possible. The son was my mate in secondary school. Congratulations to a fearless and upright judge..
Where is that guy sef- think then he was slim and very light skinned. Used to call him Eko.

MSG he attended if my memory serves me well. That was in '96/97.
Re: Breaking: Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices by vickkydgreat(m): 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
Dis is d highest form of injustice is dere any ondo state citizen here? There are two local government producing oil in ondo state Ilaje and ESE odo respectively in ondo south senatorial district but on checking this nonsence of a list now he appoint from owo local government in ondo north not even closer..... We only has fishing as source of livelihood in ilaje but due to the extraction of oil our sea has been destroyed yet nothing to show for it.... This is a very big marginalization hmmmmm and again he made akwa ibom d MD were as they av already being in DAT position once before nw making twice and dere is Edo and ondo who has never taste d post...... Hope we aren't gona regret voting this man in ilaje and ondo state Am flagerbasted.

(1) (Reply)

Wike, Fayose's ambition threaten PDP convention plans - Investigation / The Untold Stories In The Case Against Nnamdi Kanu / Truly Amaechi Security Details Were The First To Look For Trouble, See Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.