Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court (14020 Views)

Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices / Buhari Wants Approval Of Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of Supreme Court / Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by dre11(m): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has approved the nomination of Justice Ejembi Eko and Justice Amina Augie to be inaugurated into the members of the Bench at the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

In the electronic votes conducted by the Senators on Tuesday, a total of 38 Senators voted in support of Justice Ejembi Eko while only 1 Senator voted against.

Also, a total of 39 votes were recorded for Justice Amina Augie while one vote was invalid.

The Senate had earlier received the report of the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters through its Chairman, Senator David Umaru.

The committee had fortnightly conducted an open screening for the two nominees upon the receipt of the notice from President Muhammadu Buhari that they be approved as Justices of the Supreme Court, and found the duo qualified.

Meanwhile, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu has charged the new Supreme Court Judges to be above board in the discharge of their duties.

Senator Ekweremadu, after confirming the nomination of the new Justices congratulated them for scaling through the huddles of rigorous screening and enjoined them to contribute their best to the judicial system.

Justice Ejembi Eko (Benue State) and Justice Amina Augie (Kebbi State) until their appointments, were Justices of the Court of Appeal.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/18/senate-confirms-ejembi-eko-amina-augie-justices-supreme-court/

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by sarrki(m): 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
Behave well

Co's we have a new sherif in town

Don't come and preach rule of law

If you touch our yam

Congrats

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by freeze001(f): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
Congratulations to them.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by sheedy407(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
cool
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by carolinenice: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ejembi Eko cool

Idoma judge?

Oh my In-laws

That's Nice grin

11 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by orlarbissy(f): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Congrats to the two both of them grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by Lakeshizu(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Way to go..... and pls anybody that offers you Yam for soft landing, reject it.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by RentALodge: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Well, this is interesting. Could this be that Saraki and Eweremandu have been duped by Buhari et al. The decision of the FG to drop the forgery case against them was fox move to pave the way for the confirmation of these judges. Now that the judges have been confirmed, the whole forgery case may come back to the front-line of our political arena. This will be interesting to watch.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
Aminah Augie, Cousin to Hon. Jubril Abdulmumin's wife. Congratulations

But no near our yam barn o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by einsteino(m): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
In the electronic votes conducted by the Senators on Tuesday, a total of 38 Senators voted in support of Justice Ejembi Eko while only 1 Senator voted against.

Also, a total of 39 votes were recorded for Justice Amina Augie while one vote was invalid.

meaning only about 39 senators were present yet they would come and lecture us on how change begins with us the masses who have to go to work everyday to earn peanuts.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by philfearon(m): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
That's great!
Funny enough though, them fit be replacement for that Ade-somebody wey don too chop yam!
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by Pavore9: 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
Congratulations to them but should keep away from "Justice for sale"! cheesy
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by oochi123(f): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
Congrats our own justice Eko..
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by rfnextar8(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
wailers will be wailing now
some name checker will just mark their register

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by wildchild1: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
Congrats to them
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by lightheart(m): 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Congratulations.
Please don't get your wigs filthy. Thanks
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by datola: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
Justice Eko from Benue.

Congratulations!
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
Name Checkers from the oriental side, the confirmed judges are from the north. Don't tell me you aren't gonna cry on this one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by atirolu(m): 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2016
What will he sell to make more money this time around

Beans or gari
Now that judges sell rice to make billion
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by capatainrambo: 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
grin my guy
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by capatainrambo: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
loading111:
oam4j
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by spotty232(m): 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bolustic:
Name Checkers from the oriental side, the confirmed judges are from the north. Don't tell me you aren't gonna cry on this one.

smh... wonder how u know this within u and still choose to throw a blind eye. I pity our generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by DIKEnaWAR: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
I pray Hon Justice Augie becomes the CJN one day. Amen
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by Mactons(m): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
I read the line that talked about electronic votes. If that is true then I think INEC should use same come 2019
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by kingphilip(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
I thought we were supposed to have 109 senators in total but what really happened??

From the report above, I saw only 40 senators and probably plus the deputy Senate president making 41.. And all of them even those who failed to attend will still collect sitting allowance running to over millions of Naira

Change should really begin from the National Assembly

Its either others absconded this sitting or I'm ignorant about something

Can somebody come lecture me please

BTW congratulations the newly promoted judges.. Make equity and fairness your watchword and not justice for the highest bidder
Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
we know Chinakwe's dog just wanted the judges whose
judgements weren't going in his party's favour out of the
way so he could bring in his stooges

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court by Bigii(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
datola:
Justice Eko from Benue.

Congratulations!

Not only from Benue but an IDOMA born Judge cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accord Party Sacks Doyin Okupe / 2023 Presidency: No Agreement To Surrender Ticket To South After Buhari - Yerima / Ogun: Two Police Inspectors, Corporal Dismissed For Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.