Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA (20225 Views)

FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA / Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide / Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Petrol Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by july66: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
NavierStokes:
the actions of this government brings the case of one "Rehoboam" to mind.

"Yes, my father laid heavy burdens on you, but I'm going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions"

going at this rate we may soon get this reaction from Nigerians:

"
So when all Israel saw that the king hearkened not unto them, the people answered the king, saying, What portion have we in David? neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: to your tents, O Israel: now see to your own house, David. So Israel departed unto their tents."
No better way to explain it. Do we have to die because the price of oil has fallen in the int market? Was that not why the price of pms was increased from N86/L to N145/L. You increased the price of pms & we reduced our consumption. Add tax, then we will sell our cars & begin to use fire wood, then we will know it was during their regime we moved back to the stone age. Because they wanted power by all means, they made promises we knew they could not fulfil, but somehow we lost our senses & fell for their deceit. They won the elections & started looking for who to blame. How on earth could a man promise that N1 will exchange for a dollar & people believed, they can not even stabilise the naira now talkless of making it to be at par with the dollar. God help us o.

1 Like

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by ASIPA3(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
It is well ooo. But our FG policies so far has not being helping matters, rather worsening situation especially for the masses.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by MEGA4BILLION(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
who said so ? was it me ? everybody knows the lifeline in Nigeria is crude oil
Take it easy, I didn't say it's you. The people with the theory in question know themselves.

1 Like

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by tauraro22: 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
You don't want it taxed?? tell your brothers to stop blowing up pipes

But on the other hand keep blowing them up

Nigeria is not exporting enough crude to sustain her economy and as said , desperate times call for desperate measures , if we could export and produce enough , we'd have enough revenue , but in some people's warped Logic, It's Ok to blow up pipelines because Buhari called them 5% , It is Ok for avengers to cripple the economy because they are fighting for autonomy

But same set of people come here and rant and wail about how Buhari is making life hard for them ?? Na you do you

Buhari no dey buy petrol , Buhari no dey buy gas , Buhari no dey enter transport , All na you and your people everybody go suffer am

So , Common sense

Just listen to yourself talk. Smh! #Idiot

1 Like

Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by soji1992: 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
We are paying tax on d product we find it difficult to buy.pls dis does not make sense at all
Now pms will increase off d roof
Making it difficult from sum companies to operate in Nigeria
SMH
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by LegatusGlaber(m): 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
Kennyfancy:
receive sence in jesus name, Say Amen

I never knew till this day that that poster is irrevocably stupid.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by DaBullIT(m): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
tauraro22:

Just listen to yourself talk. Smh! #Idiot

Must you insult me if we view things differently ?
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by Reference(m): 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
You don't want it taxed?? tell your brothers to stop blowing up pipes

But on the other hand keep blowing them up

Nigeria is not exporting enough crude to sustain her economy and as said , desperate times call for desperate measures , if we could export and produce enough , we'd have enough revenue , but in some people's warped Logic, It's Ok to blow up pipelines because Buhari called them 5% , It is Ok for avengers to cripple the economy because they are fighting for autonomy

But same set of people come here and rant and wail about how Buhari is making life hard for them ?? Na you do you

Buhari no dey buy petrol , Buhari no dey buy gas , Buhari no dey enter transport , All na you and your people everybody go suffer am

So , Common sense

At least you acknowledge they can cripple the economy. Thought you guys said they were mere noisemakers. Does common sense not dictate that these incidents should have been averted. I warned months ago that the sabre rattling by the Federal Government was misplaced and foolhardy and that it should do everything within its power to de-escalate the growing tension then but you guys were shouting corruption, corruption, recover lost funds, recover heaven and earth, now we have lost ten, twenty times what was stolen by those militants. And the fact is that one year of economic damage does not take justone year to repair but many more. You guys should wise up and stop bickering against your country.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by hassanq(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=opalu post=47774160][b]The problem we have is that the only way people in government know how to increase revenue is to ask the impoverished citizens for money. That is why I like the concept of "Entrepreneurial Governance". For God's sake, WEALTH IS CREATED BY CREATING VALUE! Federal and State Governments should STOP hiring Media advisers, SSA New media, SSA print media, SSA electronic media, SSA yeye media. Rather they should engage PRODUCTION ENGINEERS to create VALUE and generate wealth.
If it will take this nation experiencing a full scale recession (to the point that FG cannot pay states and salaries) to do the right thing, so be it. 95% of Governors do not have a clue of how to make their states wealthy except to BORROW and TAX the poor. Can you imagine last time I gave the grand proposal of executing a Technology Park in Lagos to both Osibanjo and also to Ambode. I didn't even ask them to contribute a dime! Just give a moral support shikena! Both refused. This project will give jobs to 50,000 young people. But who cares when hawkers are chased to their deaths by KAI officials?
Truth is that I have resolved to do the project without any single government moral support. So long as I can get 100 youths who are die-hard Achievers.
[/b]
[/quote )do i stand a chance of been part of the project?
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by lagosrd: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
Heheheheheheheh

Do your dad and mum already have rooms there ?

Sure you have no parents. Or lacks parental care. Sorry ooo bro. I have a colleague that can take good care of you ooo in aro.
Re: FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA by BlackHummer(m): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jayboot:
there's problem oo.. Lord have mercy on us...

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apapa Riot, Lagos Commissioner Of Police Visits Scene (Photos) / Nigerian Government Not Willing To Save For Rainy Day – CBN Cries Out / Ishaq Bello Reinstates Ban On Ex Parte And Interim Orders On Political Cases

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.