Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Unable To Save A Pdf File-help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Unable To Save A Pdf File-help (4982 Views)

How Do I Convert A Pdf File To A Word Document / How Do I Extract A Pdf File That Is Password Protected And Then Zipped? / How Do I Crack A PDF File Without The Password (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by agabaI23(m): 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
Hi please,

Can someone help here? A friend is  trying to save a pdf file from an academic database he  has access to  but it cannot. I can access the same database and save the same pdf file.

The only difference between my adobe reader is that his is 9 and mine is 9.1.3. Any suggestions?
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by deji2009(m): 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2009
Hi please,

Can someone help here? A friend is trying to save a pdf file from an academic database he has access to but it cannot. I can access the same database and save the same pdf file.

The only difference between my adobe reader is that his is 9 and mine is 9.1.3. Any suggestions?

tell him to use version 9.1.3 and what format is he saving it in? e.g micorsof pdf file or ? Good luck!
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by agabaI23(m): 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2009
The document is already in pdf. He did not put it in pdf.
So he wanna save it as pdf. I even tried today from his pc to no avail. he now has 9.1.3
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by deji2009(m): 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2009
try checking Adobe website http://www.adobe.com/support/reader/
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by deji2009(m): 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2009
what happen when he try saving it. error message or ?
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by agabaI23(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2009
no error message. The save window does not pop up. No response!
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by BlackRevo: 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2009
Has he used the latest version as deji suggested?
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by deji2009(m): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2009
Has he used the latest version as deji suggested?

Hello Black Revo, how was your day today ?

@poster like i said earlier on, is he saving from microsoft office, excel, spreedsheet, Access, HTML, Internet or power point.we need to know so we can advice you further. Good luck Bro!
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by BlackRevo: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
deji2009:

Hello Black Revo, how was your day today ?

Fine brother and how was yours too hope it was good.
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by deji2009(m): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2009
yeah, same routine bro.
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by agabaI23(m): 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2009
Thanks all.

Yes he used the lated version.

And as per where he is saving from

This is a pdf file which is already uploaded in a database. one can read the html version or open the pdf version.

He is not the creator of the pdf document but was trying to save the an already created document from the web to his computer.

This is possible in my pc but not his. Not just one pdf file. All the files she wanted to save could not save.

Thanks
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by deji2009(m): 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
Thanks all.

Yes he used the lated version.

And as per where he is saving from

This is a pdf file which is already uploaded in a database. one can read the html version or open the pdf version.

He is not the creator of the pdf document but was trying to save the an already created document from the web to his computer.

This is possible in my pc but not his. Not just one pdf file. All the files she wanted to save could not save.

Thanks

I thought as much he's saving from the internet. anyway, is it Internet explore or Firefox
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by deji2009(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
if using internet explore trry this

Help with PDF for Internet Explorer Users

When a PDF file is displayed in the browser window, Internet Explorer's File > Save As, menu will not correctly save the PDF file to your disk. If you opened the PDF file by selecting a link to it on a Web page, you can save the PDF file to your disk as follows:

* Use the Back button in the Internet Explorer toolbar to return to the page containing the link.

* Select the link to the PDF file using your RIGHT mouse button to display a drop-down menu.

* Choose the Save Target As, menu item from the drop-down menu and use the resulting dialog box to save the PDF file to your hard disk.
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by agabaI23(m): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
OK I will try that
Thanks.
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by zenus(m): 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2009
the PDF is lock for editing, so unlock using pdf unlocker and safe it
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by deji2009(m): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2009

Good point. another thing you can do is to speak to the person that create the pdf file
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by BlackRevo: 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
zenus:

I don't think they want to edit it, they just want to copy it to their computer. The poster can copy it to his own computer while his friend cannot. So he is asking for help for his friend.

Let me check that pdf unlocker thanks.
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by zenus(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2009
May be wen the de person did not copy the pdf file very well.

Sometimes files that are not well copied will still appear in the storage media
Re: Unable To Save A Pdf File-help by arronlee: 4:47am On Dec 06, 2013
Abigail111: Hello.
If i were you ,i will ask my friends to update his Adobe.If not ,you can add a pdf toolkit at the same time
then you can save pdf files sucessfully.
Hi, Abigail.
I am testing about another
PDF toolkit these days. I am not so sure that whether it can help with the PDF saving project. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron

(1) (Reply)

Will You Get A Xiaomi Laptop Come 2015 ? 15-inch , 16gb Ram, Intel I7 @ N91,200 / Final Year Project: PC Control Automation Of Home Appliances / How To Download Movies Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.