Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,114 members, 7,852,777 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President (1186 Views)

Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) / Man's Head Broken In Delta After Fighting Over N70 (Graphic PICS) / Yahoo Boy Defrauds US Lady Of $5,260 On Facebook (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Kenneth205(m): 10:12am On Jul 22, 2016
41yrs old Abioye Junaid, his 39yrs old wife Fausat Junaid, are facing trial on an eight-count charge of conspiracy, fraud, stealing and impersonation at Igbosere Magistrates’ Court, Lagos, for allegedly impersonating former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to commit fraud.

The prosecutor, DSP Charles Odii, told the court that the couple and others still at large conspired and allegedly committed the offences between October 2014 and December 2015, at their home.

They live on No. 7 Ayeola St., Oke Balogun, Epe, Lagos.

DSP Odii said Junaid was a security agent with Eco Electricity Company at Sangotedo Epe, while his wife was a civil servant with the Epe Local Government.

“The accused had falsely presented themselves as Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Chief Mrs Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, the Iyaloja-General of Nigeria,’’ Odii said.

He said that the accused obtained the sum of N15 million from one Ambali Abiodun, under pretext of making him a commissioner in the Lagos State Government.

The prosecutor also alleged that the duo obtained the sum of N70 million from one Otuniyi Adeniyi, under pretext of making him the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, a representation they knew was false.

The prosecutor further stated that the accused stole the money from their victims. According to the prosecutor, the offences committed contravened Sections 285 (5), 312 (2), 378 and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

The couple pleaded not guilty to the offences. Their counsel, Mr Emmanuel Bayen, urged the court to grant them bail on liberal terms.

In her ruling, the presiding Magistrate, Mrs A. O. Sholadoye granted them N2 million bail each with two responsible sureties each in like sum.

The magistrate ordered that the accused be remanded in prison pending meeting of bail conditions. The case was adjourned till August 26 for mention.

Source: http://www.olufamous.com/2016/07/seriously-couple-defrauds-man-of-n70.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by alade112(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2016
VP? Haba Which kind lie be diz or some mumu still dey for Nigeria ni
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Rednaxelot: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2016
The accused had falsely presented themselves as Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Chief Mrs Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, the Iyaloja-General of Nigeria,’’ Odii said.

He said that the accused obtained the sum of N15 million from one Ambali Abiodun, under pretext of making him a commissioner in the Lagos State Government.
Once I saw the name of the duped guy, I wasn't disappointed. Ambali

Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by alade112(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=Rednaxelot post=47778552][/quote]

Before tribalizing the News can U pls use your brain for 1min to Analyze the News

1 Like

Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by BlackSeptember: 10:23am On Jul 22, 2016
alade112:

Before tribalizing the News can U pls use your brain for 1min to Analyze the News
After analyzing the news i Found out they are from The Brown Roof Republic.

The suffersticated ones

1 Like

Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Rednaxelot: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2016
alade112:

must you post if you have got nothing to say?
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by mikeweezy(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] and the two shall become one in crime
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by alade112(m): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2016
BlackSeptember:
After analyzing the news i Found out they are from The Brown Roof Republic.

The suffersticated ones

Sorry o! Maybe am giving remarks base on my Virtuous behavior and discipline.Let's move out of the News,Don't tell me you will accept when one mumu present him or herself as tinubu to U I've met with tinubu on several occasions but not one - one , i know his voice even if he speak on phone Who doesn't know how system of government works in Nigeria? U may not understand what i'm tryn to say!
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by BlackSeptember: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2016
alade112:

Sorry o! Maybe am giving remarks base on my Virtuous behavior and discipline.Let's move out of the News,Don't tell me you will accept when one mumu present him or herself as tinubu to U I've met with tinubu on several occasions but not one - one , i know his voice even if he speak on phone Who doesn't know how system of government works in Nigeria? U may not understand what i'm tryn to say!
*Talk to the hand*
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by rapistomenka: 12:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
Abioye and Fausat Junaid....

Yarriba Muslims
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Compliant(m): 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
NCAN..... South West branch

Thread compromised!!.....Mission aborted....I repeat!.....Mission aborted
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Franchise21(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
Kenneth205:
41yrs old Abioye Junaid, his 39yrs old wife Fausat Junaid, are facing trial on an eight-count charge of conspiracy, fraud, stealing and impersonation at Igbosere Magistrates’ Court, Lagos, for allegedly impersonating former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to commit fraud.

The prosecutor, DSP Charles Odii, told the court that the couple and others still at large conspired and allegedly committed the offences between October 2014 and December 2015, at their home.

They live on No. 7 Ayeola St., Oke Balogun, Epe, Lagos.

DSP Odii said Junaid was a security agent with Eco Electricity Company at Sangotedo Epe, while his wife was a civil servant with the Epe Local Government.

“The accused had falsely presented themselves as Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Chief Mrs Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, the Iyaloja-General of Nigeria,’’ Odii said.

The prosecutor also alleged that the duo obtained the sum of N70 million from one Otuniyi Adeniyi, under pretext of making him the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, a representation they knew was false.

The prosecutor further stated that the accused stole the money from their victims. According to the prosecutor, the offences committed contravened Sections 285 (5), 312 (2), 378 and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

The couple pleaded not guilty to the offences. Their counsel, Mr Emmanuel Bayen, urged the court to grant them bail on liberal terms.

In her ruling, the presiding Magistrate, Mrs A. O. Sholadoye granted them N2 million bail each with two responsible sureties each in like sum.

The magistrate ordered that the accused be remanded in prison pending meeting of bail conditions. The case was adjourned till August 26 for mention.

Source: http://www.olufamous.com/2016/07/seriously-couple-defrauds-man-of-n70.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

The Uniben guy, hw far?
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Kenneth205(m): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
Franchise21:
The Uniben guy, hw far?

My Oga! I hail you!
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Franchise21(m): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
Kenneth205:

My Oga! I hail you!
Hw d campaign dey go nw?
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Kenneth205(m): 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
Franchise21:
Hw d campaign dey go nw?

Fine broh! U?
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Franchise21(m): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
Kenneth205:

Fine broh! U?
Going well. U shd b thru wiv exam, right?
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Kenneth205(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
Franchise21:
Going well. U shd b thru wiv exam, right?

I'm done sir
Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by Franchise21(m): 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
Kenneth205:

I'm done sir
Confirm

1 Like

Re: Couple Defrauds Man Of N70 Million To Make Him Nigeria's Vice President by holland002(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
D man does not have any atom of brain in his skull.... Can u imagine...... Very funny....

(1) (Reply)

Missing Driver And Toyota Camry 2005 / Nigerian Policeman Pictured Collecting Bribe From A Man In A Car(photos) / Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.